July 23, 2014 | 1881 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Brilliant Strength - Tantalize

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by whitelace6

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one gorgeous polish! It's like molten 18k gold, but there's just enough green to make this a beautiful chartreuse with a stunning foil finish. It's a nice departure from the usual gold and silver foils. Two coats will give you a lovely result, but it's also really pretty being semi-sheer at 1 coat. No bald or patchy spots. This is supposed to have a built-in base and top coat, which is probably why the formula is a bit thick. I used my own base & top coat anyway. It takes awhile to dry, but the results are certainly worth taking the extra time. The quality and effect rivals Orly's foils. Easily my favorite polish that I'll keep a backup of. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When my CVS put up the new Revlon display, my eye immediately went to this, despite the fact that it was on the bottom amid dozens of other items. The color just POPS, and it excited me. It's a super-shimmery/glittery chartreuse, very vivid. Okay, I'm not really a fan of yellow-green actually, but this is just such a different/original shade and I couldn't think of anything in my massive collection that was like it, so I had to have it. The price put me off a bit. $8.29 for a drugstore polish? Come ON, Revlon. The 'regular' Revlon polishes are only $5.99, and all the new ones are over eight clams??? And the bottles are SMALLER? What is up with THAT noise? So I waited for the sale. I'm happy to report that despite the label that says to apply 2 coats, one is sufficient for glitzy summery nails, however, I had to take a lippie off because despite using my quick-dry top coat, this smudged about 20 minutes after application. Okay, maybe with 2 coats but ONE? I can't really complain. I'm in love with the color, and after the sale and extra bucks and my bonus CVS coupon, I only paid $2 per bottle (I got 4 bottles; 2 of this color). I really wish they put out different colors of this uber-gleamy texture.