Caron Delire de Roses

2.5

on 1/21/2015 12:41:00 PM

Opens fresh, a bit too sweet, one note for me. (The sweetest rose I happen to like is discontinued l' arte di Gucci EDP, not EdT). I jotted down a synopsis of rose scents in my review of Heeleys hippie rose (I am a recent convert to rose scents). However, this is a possibility if you are a fan of. Malles lipstick rose but want something more girly, less pin up. I believe that there is supposed to be lychee in this.

This is a distinct departure from my Caron vintage fragrances. I think my decant would be ideal gifted to a friends daughter in middle school who has girly taste and likes American doll boutique.

Even the other Caron fragrances that are without Caronade, such as Pour une Femme, a fruity rose, brought back from archives and reformulated in 2001, or Aimez Moi, a dominique ropion with violette and pear, have much more depth.

I have always been a a big fan of Caron, mainly vintage extrait: Original vintage Or et. Noir; Nuit de Noel; Bellodgia

on 6/19/2013 11:40:00 AM

This is how I would scent Disneys Fantasia.
The concerto begins with huge, sweet and amicable fruit notes at a level of brightness fit only for a land of fantasy. After the alcohol evaporates I can sense that we owe the sweetness to sugary litchi, and the airiness to lotus. Soon, Delire de Roses becomes a sketch in water colours; a watery rose scent or really a dewy rose in a fresh garden. My only complaint is that I get something like ambrette, which adds to the airiness but makes me a bit queasy nowadays. Soon, a pink, fresh, green, almost crisp rose starts to show its face through the watery notes. It may not be your deepest rose but it is crystal clear and very very radiant. When you sense the green, it is indeed very green; when you sense the freshness, it is pure freshness. Delire de Roses is both fragile and formidable, pastel and neon, airy and strong. All these moods calm down during the drydown but Delire de Roses preserves its freshness. It's not powdery, lipstick or vintage on my skin. Just this fresh rose through and through.
I think Caron's Delire de Roses may divide perfumistas. Some may criticise it for lacking Caron's signature deep, dark base while others may enjoy its bright pop or girlie attitude. Some may liken it to a thousand other roses while others may enjoy its solid bones. All in all, I think it's worth sampling this modern offering.

Good sillage and lasting power of around 6 hours on my skin. 3.5