April 20, 2014 | 1598 users online

Shampoo - L'Occitane - Artemisia Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2009 5:59:00 AM More reviews by svedija

I love this shampoo and have been using for the last 2 year. it does not cause any build- up and leave my hair very healthy looking. i think this L'occitane is pretty mild, therefore not suitable for people, who use a lot of hair products, but great for one who like natural hair.it also does not irritate mu scalp, which is great!
this shampoo has been discontinued, but replaced with 5 essential oils volumizing shampoo, which is very similar and lovely.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2009 9:27:00 PM More reviews by its4kix

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not terribly impressed with this shampoo. After two days of using it there is heavy build-up in my hair. It doesn't even smell that great. However I will finish the shampoo (just have to alternate with a clarifying shampoo) because I spent a fair amount of bit of money on it that I don't want to just throw the shampoo away. Will definitely not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2008 2:50:00 AM More reviews by lagueralatina

Great product.... Lately my hair has been getting so much buildup from products and the hard water in my shower. I live in an apartment complex and can't really do anything about the water.... I have blonde highlighted hair... So when searching for a clarifying shampoo most will dry me out. This product is wonderfully hydrating, detangling, and clarifying all in one. I think it is because of all the essential oils... and it smells great! The conditioner is still a great product, but I am more of a fan of the shampoo.... and it doesn't smell as great as the shampoo.... but it feels theraputic in the shower because of the scent of the essential oils! AMAZING! ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2008 5:30:00 PM More reviews by noem2000

This stuff is terrible!! It made my usually full wavy hair very flat, limp and with no body at all. I usually love L'Occitane products but this was just TERRIBLE!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2007 7:24:00 AM More reviews by AnnKB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a fan of most of l'occitane's products but found this too drying and stripping and not as nice smelling as some of their others.Haven't noticed any thickening of my fine hair but I have only used it 3 times.
I prefer their lavender shampoo which smells divine (am sticking to Joico for regular use now I can buy litre bottles online with a pump dispenser!) l'occitane shampoos are lovely but too expensive for what they are. useful travel sizes though esp. if you get them on ebay.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2007 11:29:00 AM More reviews by moorkitty

Artemisia line is geared to normal/fine hair. I have a lot of hair but it is definitely fine. Most shampoos leave my scalp feeling itchy, but this product does none of that, rather it feels quite clean and soothed. Rather surprising since sulfates generally bother me. I think this product would be too drying for every day use. The 'aromachologie' scent is very nice, though I prefer the scent of the angelica shampoo. Certainly not an all-natural shampoo, when you peruse the ingredients list. You will see the artemisia extract is at the very bottom. Ingredients: Water, disodium leureth sulfocuccinate, tea lauryl sulfate, laureth 2, polyquaternium 7, laurdimonium, hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed wheat protein, PEG 120, methyl glucose dioleate, cinchona succirubra bark extract, dimethicone copolyol, triethanolammine, sodium chloride, coco glucoside, glyceryl oleate, propylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, parfum/fragrance, panthenol, polyquaternium 10, benzoic acid, dehydroacetic acid, arteisia herba-alba. Would I purchase again? So far, yes, but let me finish the bottle and I will update.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2007 8:42:00 PM More reviews by irimoto

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was amazed with this product. I 've always taken extra good care of my hair (long, highlighted, dryish and baby fine). I have tried every single high end brand: Kerastasse, Khiels, Redken, Oscar Blandi, you name it. In the end my favorite shampoo used to be Kerastasse's Bain Apres Soleil.
I decided to give L'Occitane a try and the SA reccomended this line (I wanted to go for the Angelica shampoo for dry hair) and it is simply the best I have ever tried. I wash every other day and my hair has never looked as healthy, shiny and full! I use it with the Artemisa condtioner and it works miracles. EDIT. The fantasy lasted for two months...it dryed my hair like crazy and it looks very dull. Itīs same, I really liked this shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2007 9:14:00 AM More reviews by olivia1173

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the second time buying this shampoo (after trying at a hotel and falling in LOVE). I truly notice that this shampoo makes my hair thicker after using it for a week or so....the results are not immediate but once you start to notice the difference it just gets better and better. The smell is divine and it lathers nicely...the only drawback is that I notice that if you use temp color on your hair this stuff will strip it right out. I bought this again bc I'm using perm color now and it the shampoo does not strip it at all. This is also the only shampoo I have found that does not build up on my hair.

Overall this is a great product and I will continue to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2006 10:07:00 AM More reviews by ingad

at first it gives an impression of an amazing shampoo, but later...It is ok basic shampoo: cleans the hair, gives some shine, but really nothing special...i tried to use as every day shampoo, but after 1 month i realized it is drying and my hair is drier than ever. well it has tea-lauryl sulfate ,which is too harsh for every day use.
however i believe it is decent shampoo for using 2-3 times a week.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2005 3:19:00 AM More reviews by cmil

to me, this shampoo smell like some kind of wine, good wine. does wonder in keeping my hair feeling clean and making it super shiny. i don't have any concern with hair issue, so i can't say much if it's working for volume or dry hair. the lather is quite low. the direction said wash twice, but i only wash once and can still see the benefit. overall, i like this shampoo, although it cost a bit more than i would like.