April 20, 2014 | 1624 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Magic Nude Liquid Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 9:11:00 AM More reviews by medarrah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

At first, I was hesitant to try this product. When you shake it up and use it, it has the consistency of water. I'm pale with very pink undertones and also have large pores and I was worried about them just soaking up this product and looking awful. I used a Rimmel London primer that I already had to prep my skin and a BB cream on a few red spots that would need more coverage. My skin looks great!!! My pores aren't incredibly visible like they used to be so the end result isn't what I was expecting at all. The liquid seriously feels smooth and powdery and leaves a nice matte finish. **I wouldn't use this product on a day where I felt like I needed full coverage though. It evens out your skin tone but it doesn't conceal blemishes very well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by jasminefire

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thoroughly surprised at how much I love this product. At first a little leery of the "liquid-to-powder" transformation, I bought it on impulse (with special pricing and "extra bucks" from CVS) and it has since replaced True Match as my go-to foundation. It has just enough coverage to blur slightly ruddy cheeks but not so much that it cakes after a long day or creases into fine lines and wrinkles. All told, it looks like my skin, only better! The Natural Beige shade works well for my light yellow-toned skin (and I normally have problems finding the right color). Bravo, L'Oreal!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2014 12:40:00 AM More reviews by cassiezolderdo

Since I've started using foundation, I've always used Covergirl's Clean foundation because my best friend told me how good it was and I had no problems with it. But I saw L'oreal's Magic Nude when I was out one night and knew I was running low on foundation and seemed to like what I saw, so I decided to try it out, for something new. At first, I somewhat liked the way it looked, I wouldn't say I liked it better than the Covergirl though. But, I kinda liked it and I was still thinking of all the qualities it proclamied to have. After a while I noticed it didn't look the same, it wore off far too quickly. I really didn't like that because throughout the day I'd have to re-apply it constantly. I also do not get acne whatsoever, but lately I've had many breakouts on my chin and a few little ones on my cheeks and it happened shortly after I started using this product. On top of that, many other people have been claiming to have the same problem. And since it'd wear off easily, my breakouts would be very noticiable. I also find it to be quite oily and I usually don't have oily skin. And due to all of these cons, I find the product to be ridiculously over-priced. I payed almost twenty dollars for such a small amount, and I don't even like it. The Covergirl was far better and around one third of the price too! And I've also noticed a lot of people talk about the fact that it's very liquidy, and it is. That doesn't bother me much but it may for some so I thought I should put that out there. Don't get me wrong though, I really like L'oreal and I haven't had many problems with their products.. But as great at this one may sound, it's just not good, in my personal opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by lindsseymariee

this product works great under mac studio fix powder . makes your skin look flawless and smells really good!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2014 10:08:00 PM More reviews by ivasofya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just bought this product recently and I can't believe how good it is. I have dry to normal skin and it worked fine for me. First of all the texture is amazing. Its so liquid, almost like water, but that is what lets it sit on your face as a second skin. Very matt velvety finish. It's coverage level is light to medium which is perfect fro spring summer. It does not cover specific problem areas and you would probably need the concealer to with this foundation. But as an everyday non heavy foundation that evens out tone and texture of the skin its perfect. Even though I am leaning towards high end foundations because I believe that they have somewhat higher quality ingredients and are less damaging to your skin in a long run, I am going to stick to this foundation for some time! I just can't stay away from its effect on my skin and beautiful matte finish. I strongly recommend.
P.S.: I bought it in Canada in Shoppers for like $15!
If anyone knows the high end foundation that has similar coverage and finish please let me know!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2014 1:09:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

This is a very, very interesting little foundation! I picked this up a few weeks ago at Shoppers Drug Mart because I had heard so many things about this foundation that I wanted to see were true- the most appealing being that this foundation has light coverage because when spring rolls around, I really don't want a full face of makeup! For reference, I have dehydrated, patchy skin that is oily so when looking for foundations, I need something that will hydrate the dryness but not let my complexion get too oily. This foundation comes in a little glass 29mL bottle with a cap and spout- no pump or squeezing system. Spout foundations usually don't bother me because the foundation is usually thick enough to pour out at a slow enough rate to not end up accidentally spilling out any product but I do think that the spout is a bit of an issue in this case because the foundation is literally as thin and runny as water. A pump or squeezy tube would not have worked in this case because it would have shot foundation everywhere and probably made a much bigger mess than the just the spout but I heard that this foundation was made as a dupe for the Giorgio Armani Maestro foundation so L'Oreal could have taken a hint there and added a dropper! You're only supposed to apply this foundation with your fingers because as brush/sponge will interfere with the liquid to powder technology and you do get a nice, smooth, even application with your fingers. Right when you put this foundation on your fingers, you can tell that the consistency is like no other. It feels like liquid silicone, so incredibly smooth, soft and silky- it practically caresses your fingertips! Because of the consistency of this foundation, it blends so easily and effortlessly in to the skin. For dry skinned girls, you luck ends here. This foundation instantly grabs dry spots. The moment I put it on, I could see it clinging desperately to the dry patches around my nose, lips, eyebrows and forehead. It wasn't horribly exaggerated but it was definitely there. Bummer! How I have worked to combat this issue is that if I plan to wear this foundation, I exfoliate with some baking soda and coconut oil in advance, and also apply a silicone based primer to dry patches to smooth them out and I find this reduces the amount of clinging. It gives light coverage, allowing some freckles and a tiny bit of redness to show through. It looks like your skin but better. The finish of this foundation is soft matte and it stays like that literally all day, I kid you not. I never apply powder or blot in whole day of wearing this foundation and it doesn't budge from my skin, nor does it look oily. It is actually incredible. It also doesn't dry out my skin more as the day goes on. I have fairly sensitive skin and I didn't experience any breakouts using this foundation but of course that will differ from person to person. Two things I am not fond of when it comes to this foundation is that alcohol is (I believe) the third ingredient and you can smell the alcohol. It is very strong and probably is why your skin never gets oily when you wear this foundation. If you have all around dry skin, do not buy it, do not touch it, in fact don't even look at it lol. It will suck out every last bit of moisture your skin is managing to hang on to and you'll look like a flaking prune. The second thing I'm not fond of is the price. I paid $24 for this drugstore foundation!! I understand that by raising the price, L'Oreal is trying to appeal to people who prefer high end makeup and and marketing themselves as a 'luxury brand' but in doing so they really close their market from people who want and need affordable makeup and lets face it- that is the majority! All in all, I think this is a decent foundation for girls who have more of an issue with oil control and want nice, light coverage. Anyone who falls under that category will not be disappointed. If you have dry skin, I suggest trying out Rimmel Wake Me Up instead :) Lastly as a side note, if you tried Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua and it didn't last long enough on your oily skin, this is so similar but it is $30 cheaper and lasts way longer. Overall, I would recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Pray

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love Love Love this makeup is Beautiful, Perfect I can not
beleive how Perfect this is it is like not wearing anything but
your skin, is perfect.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by chrissyislame

I've been using this for over a month now. I bought it because I've been hearing a lot about it, a lot of good things to be exact, so I wanted to see what it was all about. I got it for about 10$ which was pretty expensive for me who gets about 5$ foundation usually.
It seemed really weird when I first used it. The texture of the foundation felt really strange and even more so when I put it on my face. The first time I used it, it was very light and didn't provide much coverage. It was also very "cakey" looking even though before hand I washed my face pretty well.
I decided to stop using it for a week or two after two times using it when I got it because it didn't seem very good. This past week I started using it more though, to give it a chance and the fact that I was running out of other foundations. This time I used it with a strippling brush and a sponge. I know it says you're not supposed to do that on the bottle, but I said to hell with it.
I had better luck with using that combination though. The foundation looked more even and provided more coverage. Yet it was still very "cakey" looking on my face. Another thing I noticed this past week is that I have been breaking out even more. I've gotten four pesky "under the skin" pimples after I started using this foundation again so I'm pretty sure I'm going to stop using this foundation.
I was really hopeful for this foundation. I had seen so many other people love and wanted desperately to love it also, but it is not for me. My skin is also very dry, so that might be another problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by galactic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm really digging on this for the Spring. It's not super death Texas hot, but it's not cold at all. I make sure I cleanse daily, exfoliate a few times a week, moisturize, and apply a primer mostly because I have disgusting cheek pores and I hate them more than life. The primer fills in where I need the help, and the Magic Nude glides right over everything and covers redness without caking around the nose/chin or streaking through the day. I sweat a good bit when I'm working outside, but this seems to stay put. Some redness shows by the end of the day if I don't conceal, but I don't mind. Better than having a cakey face!

Side note though, I do apply a thin layer of uhhh WNW Fergie's line mattifying powder. It's the bees knees, and might be helping the foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by bmichlig

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

For reference, I am usually about NC15. I wear and love Clinique Stay Matte foundation in Alabaster (shade 02). I am fair with warm peachy undertones.

I chose this in shade 312 Classic Ivory, as the 310 looked inthe bottle as though it might be just a smidgen too light. I probably could use that shade as well, I don't think there is a HUGE difference between the two, judging from the bottles. 310 looked a little more pink, 312 a bit more peach. The color is seamless on my skin and blends my face (a bit darker, redder, and more freckled) than my neck (the color of french vanilla ice cream). I don't bronze up and prefer my face to match my pale neck, chest and body.

My skin is normal to oily, with some texture issues - larger pores, primarily on my Tzone. I often have problems with foundation settling into my pores and making my skin look rougher than it really is. Generally I find that thinner textures work better for me than do the thicker ones for this issue. Then we have the delights of being a grandma, with fine lines, creases and all that jazz. Plus I am very shiny in the Tzone no matter what I do. All this conspires to make foundations difficult for me to match in color, then match in texture and wear to my skin.

As already noted, this foundation is very fluid and it comes in a square bottle with a small opening. I shake well, then place my finger over the open top and tip, then stroke that finger over a small area of my face. I find I can stroke product onto a quadrant of my face, then blend and that works pretty well. I use my fingers, haven't tried using a brush or sponge (I usually get better and smoother application with my fingers no matter what product I use). Once my whole face is done, I bounce a dry sponge or beauty blender all over, especially around my nose, cheekbones, upper lip and eyebrow area to make sure no product has settled into any crack, crevice, hole or hair. I usually powder out of habit (Guerlain Meteorites or Elf HD Powder - I'm totally egalitarian) and find I get far better than average wear from this foundation than from nearly anything else I've tried. I am always shiny in the Tzone, and have given up on the idea of a matte finish, and that is ok by me. Coverage seems to remain, even through the shine.

The finish is soft, natural, polished, not as matte and heavy as the Stay Matte, but with equivalent coverage of freckles and imperfections. I feel my skin looks a bit younger and fresher with this foundation than with most others. It is very easy to apply and blend, wears well and slightly longer than average. Best of all, when I use this foundation my husband tells me I look really beautiful, even when all I've got on is this, a little blush, and some mascara. Thumbs up, a Like, whatever. This is a good one.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No