L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder

3.9

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 3%) • Dimethicone • Cyclohexasiloxane • Isododecane • Alcohol Denat • Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer • Phenyl Trimethicone • Acrylates/Polymethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer • PEG-10 Dimethicone • Disteardimonium Hectorite • Water • Propylene Carbonate • Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate • Aluminium Hydroxide +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 7/5/2015 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great for a "no makeup" makeup look as long as you don't have many dry patches ie. for going to the gym, beach, camping, etc. Recommend exfoliating immediately prior to applying your moisturizer and this foundation to help eliminate any dry patches as it will accentuate these areas. Goes on best with fingers, quickly and seamlessly blending in to look like a better version of your own skin! - brush and beauty blender just absorb it. Light coverage similar to a BB cream, but better at hiding imperfections. I recommend priming areas that get oily with an oil absorbing primer to make it last longer. Wouldn't wear on a day I need fuller coverage or my foundation to hold up and last all day, but would definitely repurchase for the days I want a little more coverage than a tinted moisturizer or BB cream.

on 7/3/2015 2:47:00 PM

It's a nice foundation for those who want a tad bit more coverage than a tinted moisturizer but aren't fully into heavier foundations. It goes on super smooth and silky, I love it. The coverage is light and the texture is very lightweight and smooth. I apply with my fingers because I feel like a brush sucks up the product.

Pros:
Nice color selection
Light coverage yet flawless
Looks good for 7 - 8 hours
No need to powder unless you're oily

Cons:
The packaging is horrible - no pump
Can stick to dry patches because it's a powdery finish

I purchased this product in light ivory and it was a disaster. The color was way to light on my skin and I didn't have the time to wash it off so I ended up wearing it all day. Also whenever I would touch my face it kind of felt like I had dirt on my face. I don't know if I just bought it and it was already ruined in the package or it just goes on that way but I definitely was not impressed.

on 6/22/2015 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I really love this product. I always buy two at a time in case it is ever discontinued. I am 70+ years old and happy I found it a few years ago. I have always used liquid makeup, but with time I knew I had to switch to something even lighter. It is so lightweight and smooth. Goes on very nicely and stays until I remove it. Doesn't settle into the wrinkles as badly as some of the thicker foundations.
I use a primer first - usually Lanacane antichafing gel.
It takes a little practice the first few times,and you have to remember to shake it well, but I just pour a small puddle in the palm of my hand and smooth it on with my fingers.
A great hint I learned years ago is to wring out a washcloth with cold water and just press it to my face after applying foundation and blush. That sets the makeup and evens it all out. It's a little too thin to really hide the brownish areas on my face, but I guess you can't have everything.

on 6/22/2015 6:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This has similar coverage and consistency to Mac face and body. A little more watery than face and body. I don't like a lot of coverage so this is great for me. It's slightly dewy which I'm good with because I have dry skin. Color match is pretty good

on 6/19/2015 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely love this stuff. It's a liquid but it really does feel like a powder. The coverage is great and my only problem is it is runny so if you don't shake well it can get a bit messy. Other than that I am so extremely happy I caught this stuff on sale at Walgreens. I would recommend and I will definitely be buying it again.

on 6/19/2015 2:39:00 AM

L'OREAL magic nude!!!
I love this stuff so much!!
My sister got me in to using it, I was using something else but my face broke out worse then it ever had!! Then she I started using this I fell in love!!! I use it everyday!!! It is thinners then most make ups witch I love!!! It lasts all day and it not think and heavy on my face ;) I have been using this for over three year's!

I actually really love this foundation. I have oily skin that can sometimes get clogged, so I tend not not buy silicone heavy foundations, but this one works well for me somehow. I like that it starts as a liquid and then turns into powder on the skin. A bit of a warning for acne prone MUAers, though, make sure to remove it really well at the end of the day because it can cause little clogged pores otherwise. I also recommend using a primer if your skin is very easily clogged. I find that a moisturizer/sunscreen barrier is enough for me, and I can make it to the end of the day without worrying about spots.

The foundation itself is very fluid and can come out of the bottle quickly, so sometimes I pour out too much and have to sort of slide it back into the bottle. Coverage is light to medium, if you carefully layer. I rather enjoy the light coverage, though, because it looks incredibly natural. It evens out my skintone, but doesn't cover freckles or moles. I use 312 Classic Ivory for my half Chinese, half Caucasian skin and it works pretty well. I would prefer something a little less dark, but the 310 Light Ivory makes me look very pale. Not sure if there is a shade in between, but I think I'm going to have to start mixing the two at some point. It doesn't have a scent and lasts me the workday, which is good enough. I admit it does melt a little after 8 hrs, but that's okay.

Overall, a complete win from L'Oreal even if it is a tad pricy for drugstore foundation. It's still a fraction of the price of my usual Guerlain or Dior foundation.

on 6/16/2015 6:52:00 AM

This foundation set beautifully in my skin!
I loved the natural look it gives me.
Although I have oily skin it lasts OK in my skin throughout the day.
However it doesn't have much coverage so you'll have to definitely use a concealer
if you have any imperfections.
Definitely buying it again.

on 6/12/2015 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I cannot tell you how much I love this foundation. I never wore foundation until very recently, my skin did not like my retin-a medication & left me with a bunch of red marks on my chin & by my mouth. So now I kind of have to wear it.. I spent $60 at Mac on some foundation & concealer and I will be returning it after coming across this product. This is not cakey AT ALL, and my Mac concealer/foundation were both very cakey. I love how this is so lightweight. It is perfect for covering up the little marks on my face. I will never use anything other than this!