August 21, 2014 | 1882 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Magic Nude Liquid Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Ninamw31

I bought a shade or so darker than my normal foundation shade and mix a couple drops in with my usual clinique foundation. it's nice for summer time to add some color and still look light and natural. I wouldn't use this product as is all over though, too slick and oily but just a few drops for a pretty glow is good!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2014 1:43:00 AM More reviews by JBeauty22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You guys how do you like this!? This product is absolutely horrible!!! I'm a big fan of dewy skin and have been faithful to my mac face and body but I wanted to find something with less shine for going out in the summer and long work days. I bought classic tan I'm n7 mac face and body and WOW!!!! This stuff was AWFUL!!! I looked so old and I'm only 22! I have oily smooth skin and I always get compliments but this made me look lifeless. It's so weird to blend and the texture isn't powder it's like putting on tinted silicone primer. My skin was soo dry and cakey looking YUCK!!! There is noticing realistic about this makeup it's horrible and I'm surprised it's still on the Market.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by mckittyfur

I used to use this foundation as a lighter (more to just cover up redness and unevenness) cover for when my skin decided it wasn't going to break out that day or week. It never broke me out and I often forgot I was even wearing it, it feels so light. It does cling to dry patches if you're not careful, though. I am obsessed with ingredients in my skincare (and this product has nothing in it that would be above a 2, I believe, on the comodogenic scale)

Also, I only bought this the first time because it was on an insane sale (Kmart was shutting down) So I may buy it again, but I like to check out every product out there so its just a maybe.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2014 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Meech25

I am not sure how some dry skinned girls are saying they love this foundation...i have oily skin, and sometimes i feel like it clings to dry spots on my face. I think this is best for oily skin, but it's not for controlling oil so i still have to blot throughout the day. It's definitely the most interesting foundation out there, but by no means do i feel glamorous when i wear it.
It works best when used with fingers rather than a brush or beauty blender. It's good on days when I don't want a full face of makeup but still want some coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2014 4:19:00 AM More reviews by Jennnyerz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to love using this product but after awhile it gave my face a fakey cake face look.
My skin would be dry and this product don't help moisturize. I just don;t like how it gave me a dry cake face look

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by ljlw0629

I bought this foundation as a day to day alternative to my high end Chanel foundation. I am fussy about applying my usual skin care products before any foundation. I also apply a higher SPF sunscreen since the small amount of any foundation I use is not enough sun protection . Usually, I use a primer, although sometimes I may skip it.
I typically use a light hand with foundation, since I feel heavy foundation does not flatter mature skin, no matter how good one's skin is. I shake well and pour a small amount into the palm of my hand and apply with my fingers, smoothing and blending as I go. I may or may not apply a second thin layer. While doing my eyes, I allow whatever remains in my palm to dry until it no longer looks wet, but is not completely dry. I use my middle finger and pat some of the semi-dry Magic Nude onto a couple of discolored areas and perhaps under my eyes instead of heavier concealer. Works for me!
I stipple and blend a gel or cream blush, then set by buffing with loose finishing powder (I use either Bobbi Brown or Laura Mercier). Sometimes, I skip the powder; no hard and fast rules. It all takes far less time than it took to write this review! I get a nice "my skin, but better" finish.

I find Magic Nude Liquid Powder lasts me through the day. If I am extending my day or if my large pores are looking more noticeable, I will touch up as needed. Frankly, I thought I would always be a high end user of certain products, but I find I reach for my Chanel less and less, although I still like it (also use with a light hand). I like Magic Nude much better than any of the BB/CC creams I have tried.

The one caution - the bottle is glass (I like the feel of it). However, I dropped it on my tile bathroom floor, and while the bottle did not shatter, it cracked enough to leak.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 9:01:00 PM More reviews by aclev

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. It is surprisingly liquid-y, and, for me the biggest drawback is the packaging. For such a fluid foundation I would have expected a pump. I constantly have to remind myself not to dump it over. I am very light/neutral...about a N5 or 10...I usually mix Alima 0 and 1 if I do mineral. The lightest shade in this is quite light but tends towards the yellow on me. I like that when I'm feeling a bit ruddy. The coverage is medium, in my opinion...if you've got a blazing zit or something you'll need concealer. I keep this in my rotation of foundations for times when a tinted moisturizer isn't enough but I'm feeling too lazy or too casual to go for full coverage foundation. Would repurchase. Great product, unique texture. Makes my skin look like my skin, just better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by goddessintraining

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation a lot. It is very light & sheer & you can still see skin underneath. I use it with moisturizer &/or sunscreen underneath & I do not need to powder over top. The finish looks smooth, not dry, but also not dewy, I'd call it "satin" & very natural looking.

I have no issue with the liquidity of this product. I just shake it with my finger over the opening then dot it on my face, shake again...dot over the rest of my face & then rub it in with my fingers.

If you have any red spots or discolouration, you're going to need to put a little concealer on after this foundation. Also, you do not want any dry, flaky skin, or this foundation will highlight it so be sure to exfoliate first for excellent results!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by allysajoyce

No matter what foundation, high end or low end, I ALWAYS go back to this! It has the best coverage for my skin and it's the one foundation that actually matches my skin (I'm sun beige). Whenever I apply I do however put on my matte powder afterwords but that's mainly because I have oily skin. My only problem with this is the packaging. I usually pour it on the back of my hand and use a stippling brush to apply but the product kinda stains my hand which isn't that bad, it's nothing a little makeup remover cant take off.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by rfp0022

When I first bought this product in the winter, it worked wonders. I still love it except for the fact that it clings to the dry patches on my cheeks. I never knew I had dry skin, but I found out this product contains alcohol, which may be the causing factor for my dry skin.

As for the rest of my face, it goes on very smoothly and is not cakey at all. My skin looks very natural.