July 30, 2014 | 1886 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Magic Nude Liquid Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 9:01:00 PM More reviews by aclev

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. It is surprisingly liquid-y, and, for me the biggest drawback is the packaging. For such a fluid foundation I would have expected a pump. I constantly have to remind myself not to dump it over. I am very light/neutral...about a N5 or 10...I usually mix Alima 0 and 1 if I do mineral. The lightest shade in this is quite light but tends towards the yellow on me. I like that when I'm feeling a bit ruddy. The coverage is medium, in my opinion...if you've got a blazing zit or something you'll need concealer. I keep this in my rotation of foundations for times when a tinted moisturizer isn't enough but I'm feeling too lazy or too casual to go for full coverage foundation. Would repurchase. Great product, unique texture. Makes my skin look like my skin, just better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by goddessintraining

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation a lot. It is very light & sheer & you can still see skin underneath. I use it with moisturizer &/or sunscreen underneath & I do not need to powder over top. The finish looks smooth, not dry, but also not dewy, I'd call it "satin" & very natural looking.

I have no issue with the liquidity of this product. I just shake it with my finger over the opening then dot it on my face, shake again...dot over the rest of my face & then rub it in with my fingers.

If you have any red spots or discolouration, you're going to need to put a little concealer on after this foundation. Also, you do not want any dry, flaky skin, or this foundation will highlight it so be sure to exfoliate first for excellent results!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by allysajoyce

No matter what foundation, high end or low end, I ALWAYS go back to this! It has the best coverage for my skin and it's the one foundation that actually matches my skin (I'm sun beige). Whenever I apply I do however put on my matte powder afterwords but that's mainly because I have oily skin. My only problem with this is the packaging. I usually pour it on the back of my hand and use a stippling brush to apply but the product kinda stains my hand which isn't that bad, it's nothing a little makeup remover cant take off.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by rfp0022

When I first bought this product in the winter, it worked wonders. I still love it except for the fact that it clings to the dry patches on my cheeks. I never knew I had dry skin, but I found out this product contains alcohol, which may be the causing factor for my dry skin.

As for the rest of my face, it goes on very smoothly and is not cakey at all. My skin looks very natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 2:10:00 AM More reviews by befalcon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I guess I can see why people would dislike this foundation, the coverage isn't very full or medium coverage. I for one don't mind. I don't have many problem areas to cover so this does the job! It evens out my skin and does some coverup enough for me to say its medium coverage on my skin. At first I didn't like it but eventually I fell in love. It's light on the skin, it matches my skin color, and keeps me pretty oil free for a while. It lasts me all day! I wear this foundation more than I do my Makeup Forever HD and my Covergirl foundation. I guess its because its just so much lighter and easier to apply. Don't know, but this foundation is on my top drugstore foundation list!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Alleighe

I wanted to love this foundation... Sadly it didn't work for me at all. Clung to my dry patches and completely melted off the rest of the areas on my face by hour 2 . Sigh.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2014 9:24:00 AM More reviews by BuffyTheMoronSlayer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this last summer and continued to use it on casual weekend days. I liked it but didn't love it. However, I'm finding it's real beauty this summer. It's been my go-to for changing summer skin tones. Although I use high sunscreen in the summer, I'm still noticing that my foundation doesn't match. This seems to blend in well with my changing skin tones and give me just enough coverage over major flaws. I can work with that. It doesn't clog my pores (and believe me, a lot of face products do!) or goop up in my fine lines.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Jen283

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've really been enjoying this foundation with the hot weather recently. I normally have dry skin, but it's been more normal-dry with the summer weather and I was curious about this foundation and decided to give it a try. I'm about NC 25 right now, and 318 is a good match for that. It is neutral leaning towards yellow, which I like. This foundation lasts all day on my normal-dry skin with primer and powder on my t-zone. Despite the "liquid to powder" transformation it does not make me look overly matte or dry. It just looks like skin. With that being said the coverage on this foundation is light that can easily build to medium. It does oxidize a bit over the course of the day but it has a good hold on everything that I put on top of it - blush, bronzer, concealer, etc. Now for the cons: there are only two. The first is that this foundation contains alcohol (behold the secret behind the liquid to powder transformation) which is not the best thing to be putting on your skin every day. It doesn't sting or anything, but I can smell it faintly when applying. The other con is the packaging. I get why it doesn't have a pump and why the hole is so small - it's because this foundation has a very watery consistency and needs to be shaken before application, but still. I usually just pour some onto my foundation brush and then blend it in.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by jenjen182

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love this foundation! I have light-moderate acne and an uneven skin tone, plus combination/oily skin. I was looking for a sheer product that could even out my skin tone, and be just a bit thicker than a BB cream. This stuff is amazing! I use the light ivory shade, and although I could probably go one lighter, this matches fairly well. It blends so easily, practically melts into your skin. In fact, every time I put it on, it honestly looks like I have no makeup on; it looks like your real skin! The coverage is light-sheer, and not really build able on my skin, but that's why there is concealer right? Anyway, I'm very impressed and it seems to work quite well. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by xxch3yxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a WONDERFUL foundation, mostly for the summer! However, to fully enjoy this product, you HAVE to take into consideration what the purpose of this foundation is. This is NOT meant to completely cover heavy flaws such as severe acne. This foundation is definitely meant for people dealing with moderately discolored skin or light to moderate acne. I say this because it is a light to medium coverage (very buildable) and is not meant to be heavy or provide full coverage. It provides a very light, bare skin look just as it promises. The texture is very similar to a primer and has that buttery silicone texture to it and seamlessly melts into skin. This is NOT meant to be applied with a brush or sponge. Use your hands/fingers to get full effect.

Cons: The bottle does not have a pump which makes dispensing of the runny product pretty difficult and somewhat unsanitary. It is also what I would consider to be a pretty pricey drug store foundation.

I suggest this to people with oily/combination/normal skin. The powder tends to cling to dry patches, which causes dry skin to appear flaky.

Overall: I have combination skin with mild to moderate teenage acne and I find that this product works wonderfully for me, typically for summer when my face is slightly more oily than usual. Also includes spf 18 for those days at the beach or the pool. All in all, I am very pleased by this foundation.