December 21, 2014 | 1940 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Magic Nude Liquid Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by sandraak

I love this foundation but there are SO many things that could be improved. First, the packaging is very unpractical, the product falls off my hand because it is so silky. Second, it smells horrible! Like medicine. Third, they did not have a variety of shades i couldn't pick the right one. The foundation itself was good. It's soft, silky, nude and light, which is good for during the day. There is just so many things they could improve on this foundation's packaging.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2014 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Florida555

I really liked this at first. It did apply very smoothly and "nude". But after about 3 weeks I noticed the product was starting to seperate permanently even after lots of shaking! This caused the color to change to a more bronzed color which doesnt look good as foundation on anyone with even somewhat pale skin. The color became more duey and "sticky" looking. For $13 that isnt really ok and I definitely won't be purchasing again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am so impressed with this. I have only used it a few times and generally I wait as long as possible to review but this is impressing me so much that I want to comment. I know there are complaints with this, so let me start by saying what I am looking for which will explain why I love this so much.

I have -extremely- clog prone and f-ed up skin. I pick like a psycho and it's bad bad bad. I previously was using stick foundation with the L'oreal Mineral powder foundation over it and though I thought it looked pretty good considering, I still had a bit of patchyness and red spots that wouldn't cover, it would just look a little caked on (on the big ones) and though it was better than bare skin, it wasn't great.

Now, I'm not someone who cakes it on, I like going makeup free just to let my skin breathe and heal, even though I hate how I look with all my acne. When I was younger and had no acne, I used liquid foundation, but as an adult I became scared to use anything that might clog. But I work at Ulta now and everyone has such beautiful porcelain (or chocolate or whatever, but smooth) skin, even girls with acne and scaring cover it up so nicely. So I wanted to give liquid a try but I was nervous about clogs. (And I didn't want to pay a HE price if I was going to clog either way). I checked out a few DS brands that looked promising but people complained about break outs so I went with this.

I got a deal and used a coupon so I paid a little over $7 for these. Not bad. I went with Classic Ivory and I think it was the right choice as the next few might have been too tan for me. I'm pale but not the palest, and this didn't make me look like a ghost either.

Now what I really love about this:

-Formula, formula, formula. It feels like I'm not wearing makeup. Gosh I was sooo turned off to the caked on or imprint leaving type of foundation...the fake cakey look, the heavily applied wrong color look. But this is so light and so powdery, I actually feel like I might wear this out just to tone down my acne when normally I don't bother because it looked odd with my previous sticks or powders alone. It used to be all or nothing, but I feel like I can do a minimal look with this. It looks natural and it feels lovely. I recently had a bad bought and this made me look almost normal, even with it's minimal coverage. Gives a nice natural glow. I feel like I look just as good after work as I do when I leave, without feeling like I'm suffocating and breaking out underneath. That's awesome.

-I have heard you can build up the coverage but I don't. I like the light coverage. I just need a tiny bit. I still use the concealers and stick foundations and even some powder foundation over it, but this is a nice all over face-evener for me, which previously I didn't have. No it doesn't cover all my red marks, but it seems to make me look less patchy. The ingredients in here are similar to many primers ( Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane) so I wonder if I even need both. So to me, it's like a primer/tone corrector, not a heavy coverage foundation. I like that.

-I love that I didn't have to buy a brush or blender for this. Some people use those even thought the bottle advises against it, but I love that it's simple like that. Since I'm not a big liquid foundation wearer, I saved some money by not having to buy any of that.

A few other good things is that it has SPF though some complain it's not enough, and as for the alcohol, I don't mind it at all. So far no irritation or clogs I can attribute soley to this.

The downer is it's small for the price but you can get sales, and that it's a thin narrow glass so dropping it seems scary. But oh well, I'll gaurd it with my life. I'm really happy with this so far and will continue to repurchace if it keeps up.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by allyson85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

PROS:
I loved so much about this foundation. I blended so well and the coverage was buildable without looking cakey. I could wear this foundation with nothing else on my face and not look strange (no blush, powder, eyeshadow or bronzer). It felt light even with multiple layers. With one layer it didn't feel like anything and I liked it better without primer. It set to a matte finish but never looked flat

CONS:
It stung my eyes and made my skin get tingly after about 4 hours of wear. It stung pretty much the entire time I wore it. There was so much alcohol in this foundation you could smell it when you opened the bottle. You have to shake it up or else it would separate. Picking shades was hard because you can't really see the color in the bottle. My drug store had a display with testers so that is how I picked my shade. I don't remember the testers smelling like alcohol.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Itsnikkip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love it. It's like magic! I got nude beige and my skin just laps it up. It's gorgeous! Must buy. Sheer to medium coverage but it's great for me. I love it

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2014 8:26:00 PM More reviews by NerdyLibrarianGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought the lightest shade, 310 "Light Ivory". The colour match was fairly close. I quite liked the coverage (sheer to medium). Unfortunately, a liquid to powder product was, in retrospect, not the best solution for somewhat dry skin. I found this rather drying and powdery. It clung to any dry patches I had on my skin and accentuated them. I really couldn't get it to look even.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm torn on this product as to the fact that there is no colour that truly suits me. I wear the lightest available in my Canadian market at 310, and I picked it up on sale for $9. I do not think I would pay anymore than this, due to the fact that the colour is pinch too pink-toned for my skin, but at this pale of a level, it isn't the most obvious. Even in an office lighting, I can get away with having this on my face.

The sheer to medium coverage of this foundation is good on moderately tempered skin. I would say the weakest point of this foundation is that dry skin with patches and flakes would not enjoy this foundation at all. Be properly moisturized and expect to still need a powder on top, as I do find myself getting oily throughout the day.

I wear 310 light ivory, and I am normally a NC15.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by vickibetty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this stuff! Has become my daily favourite since I rediscovered it about 4 months ago. I've had so many compliments on my skin. Someone even said i look 10 years younger which was very exciting! I shower, moisturize and then lightly slather this on my face with my fingers and like some magical miracle potion it removes the redness and irons out wrinkles. I have found so many foundations make your eyes look dry and more wrinkly but this one makes them much dewier looking. I let it dry first before I put some powder over the top (not on my eyes) and it looks fresh and soft. I initially didn't wear it because I didn't think it would last all day because it felt so slippery, but actually it does last very well. The colours are very forgiving too. I have two different shades for fair skin and it really doesn't make much difference which one I use, there's no lines. It seems to match your skin by itself. Love.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2014 11:46:00 PM More reviews by orodrig8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not one to use primer so maybe that's why I have an issue with this foundation. Even after set with powder (dermal end) it starts looking oily and splotchy within an hour and my skin feels grainy. Don't even get me started on the packaging...

rated 2 of 5 on 10/30/2014 2:20:00 AM More reviews by CAlexRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was very excited to try this product. It was probably under $10 at Ulta and it would make a good "casual day" foundation for me. The color, Classic Tan worked well for me though I did have to wait a few minutes after application for it to oxidize into my true shade.

Though I liked the glass container, the packaging was awkward overall. The foundation is more liquid than creamy (think Keri lotion) and getting it out of the bottle can cause you to make a big mess. The instructions advise you to use your hands, not a foundation sponge but using my hands caused streaks on my face. I applied it with my hands but used a beauty blender to blend it in.

I liked the overall look but it dried my skin out and caused me to breakout into a rash on my forehead, something I'm still nursing even weeks after I stopped using the product. Also my nose gets very oily and the powder mixed with the oil caused my skin to look patchy.

I returned it when I realized it was not good for my skin.