November 25, 2014 | 1812 users online

Cleansers - Olay - daily facial cleansing cloths

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by LaciBarnettJones

I have been using these for years and love them! They are great at removing makeup however, that's about it. I always follow up with a more expensive cleanser but these are the BEST at taking off ANY makeup you can find! I have extremely sensitive skin and they did not bother me a bit! They are also very good for a quick cleanse in the morning! I recommend these to absolutely anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by chairmanmiao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Back when I was studying at university with my boyfriend we found these okay daily facial cleansing cloths.

They came in different varieties for dry, senisitive, oily and combination.

At the time I was wearing make up everyday and I was preciously using the olay foaming face wash to clean my skin however what I found when I started combining this with clarins cleansing milk and toner,was that there would still be some foundation left on the skin when I used the toner with cotton wool following the cleansing milk.so I purchased the cleansing cloths to give them a try.

There was about 28 cloths in a package and they came in a plastic container that was inside the cardboard packaging of the product.the cloths themselves were a gauze material type and thr cleansing product had been soaked into the gauze.with addition of water the cloths would foam when applied and massaged on the face.the smell was typical of the play brand if you are familiar with that type of chemicallyl feminine scent.they were very effective at removing the foundation and make up and you could see the orange peach of the foundation product as it was absorbed by the white cloth.I only used these in the evening and continued using the play facial wash upon waking followed by clarins leansing milk and toner.

My boyfriend used to purchase the sensitive skin version after trying mine because he had a very bad outbreak of spots and boils on his face at that moment whilst at uni and he felt they helped reducing the sensitivity of his skin.

The texture of the gauze I think was made from cotton and it felt very soothing when massaged on the skin although not as soft as cotton wool yet like cotton wool it had that use once and dispose quality to it which is good if you don't like washing reusable facecloth which has the problem of staining the cloth particularly if you are cleaning make up off it is very difficult to wash the make up out of a facecloth unless using detergent in a hot washing machine which makes me wonder if makeup is designed to layer on a colour to be absorbed by the skin as well as all the questionable ingredients like very fine metallic particles which are absorbed through the skin from wearing it all day.

The same can be said about foaming was.I have since read that foaming wash is designed to damage skin as foaming chemicals can be corrosive to the skin.what I did like about oil of olay cleansers were the way that the squeezy tubes design made it difficult for anyone to interfere with it and the cleansing cloths were hygienic although I guess someone could soak them in acids and leave them to dry and replace them in the box.

More recently I was using shu uemura cleansing oil which I a very effective oil based cleanser but this has the problem that the container can be opened and acids and alcohols poured into it to destroy the skins and they are quite expensive to replace.I was also using olive oil as an alternative wash product and this was also easily contaminated though cheaper to replace and has less chemical in than shu uemura and as I don't wear make up anymore I no longer needed the double cleansing method with facial wash followed by cleanser and toner.

The best combination I have found is to use an oil like olive oil, apply and steam face meanwhile boiling some kelp seaweed or just soaking in water and using the seaweed as a wash cloth as it has a gel like texture.seaweed is difficult to find in UK but they do stock it in Asian supermarket and there is a brand called clearspring which I might try but on their website they say the kombu or kelp is sourced from Japan but my aunt lived by the beach in Ireland and the Atlantic used to wash up kelp everyday that she would use in a hot seaweed bath at night and the quality was very high.it is seaweed and marine algae that creme de la Mar use but this is very expensive.I don't know why fishermen can't supply seaweed to sell in shops aswell as the fish or why can't someone just have a job collecting seaweed to supply to shops from UK beaches.if the Chinese people could be used to collect cockles from morecomb bay where they were all drowned, and I don't know anyone who eats cockles, why couldn't they be collecting seaweed from the shore instead without risk of drowning?