August 23, 2014 | 1731 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Moondust - Glitter Rock

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Sassyrred

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I found my self really liking these and I didn't think I would because of the glitter. I played with them several times at Sephora when they first came out. I passed on them because the ones that I liked didn't seem to have much pigment/color payoff. . I bought Stila's new metallic one because it was beautiful on my "hand" in the store, but not on a hooded/aged eye. It didn't stay all day on me and it is pretty pricey, so I returned it. Then I decided to try Space Cowboy after all and put it over a green eye shadow and was surprised how beautiful it looked! My mother complimented me and then I ended up buying Diamond Dog (the UD sales gal had it on her eyes and looked so beautiful over another color) and then Glitter Rock most recently. I would have never thought this color would look good in me, but it does. This "glittery" eye shadow is more forgiving/softer than one would think for hooded/aged eyes. It applies the best for me using a slightly damp finger and pressing it on my eye. I do use Diamond dog towards the outside corners of my eye and sometimes use a brush for the "color", because the "glitter" applies the best with a damp finger. I ended up buying a palette to put them for two reasons, one it is easier to store and two I think the container they are in, is very cheap, but the price is not, so I bought a palette. I have room for one more color in my palette and haven't decided what that will be, but I do like Zodiac.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Urban Decay's new Moondust Eyeshadows are "dazzelingly sparkly but with a super refined, incredibly sophisticated feel (and not a single speck of chunky glitter). Microfine bits of iridescent sparkle collide with intense, dreamy hues and lush 3D metallics for an effect that's out of this world. New technology gives Moondust an amazing effect not found in traditional pressed powder shadows. It feels like a cream but goes on like a powder to create a smooth, brilliantly reflective look. The result? Sexy, twinkling sparkle with a ton of depth and movement. (And a lot of questions about what you're wearing!)." Urban Decay offers seven shades of Moondust shadows, I have Glitter Rock. Six of the seven shades are vegan (Intergalactic is the only exception). Each Moondust eyeshadow contains 1.5g (.05 oz) and retails for $20. I received my Moondust Eyeshadow as a bonus in my May Ipsy Bag. Urban Decay products can be bought through the brand's website, at Urban Decay counters, Sephora, and Ulta. Urban Decay is a cruelty free brand, but it was recently purchased by L'Oreal, a company that continues to test on animals. Urban Decay Moon Dust Eyeshadows are made in Canada.
Urban Decay's eyeshadows come in a round, silver, plastic pot meant to resemble New York City subway tokens. Urban Decay redesigned their eyeshadow packaging about a year ago. The overall look of the packaging hasn't changed that much, but now the pan can be easily popped out and placed into palettes. The packaging is well designed and fairly compact, making Urban Decay eyeshadows easy to store whether you de-pot them or not.
I've seen so many mixed reviews for Urban Decay's Moondust shadows, so I couldn't wait to put Glitter Rock to the test. Before anything else, I just want to know how Urban Decay can say this shadow feels like a cream? It's a very hard eyeshadow! Urban Decay recommends applying this eyeshadow with your fingers or perhaps a sponge tip applicator. Personally, I've been packing and patting this shadow on with a dense eyeshadow brush. The Moondust Eyeshadows can be used wet or dry. Glitter Rock doesn't have a lot of impact when used dry, but it does cause a heck of a lot of stubborn fallout. I only use this eyeshadow wet, and the results are fantastic. Though there's still some fallout, it's greatly reduced when I use Glitter Rock wet (I use Hard Candy's Show Girl's Secret). Applied damp, this shadow is opaque, metallic, and so dimensional. I've worn Glitter Rock for 12 hours on a hot day and it was still perfect when I removed it. This eyeshadow is quite hard to remove, even with a great eye makeup remover like Maybelline's Clean Express.
Urban Decay's Glitter Rock Moondust Eyeshadow is very pretty. If I'm going to be honest, I was really disappointed to receive this shade, I was hoping for Zodiac, Diamond Dog, or Stargazer. Urban Decay describes Glitter Rock as a "metallic pink with 3D pink sparkle". To me, this shade is a mauvey pink with brighter pink glitters. The dimension of this shade is really mind blowing, yet also surprisingly subtle. It never looks like I'm wearing an eyeful of glitter.
There's really something special about Urban Decay's Moondust Eyeshadows. They're really spectacular in both formula and finish. If you apply these shadows wet, the pigmentation, application, and wear will not let you down. The shade Glitter Rock will appeal to anyone who loves pinks and glitter, and its a surprisingly wearable shade. I still would've preferred a different shade. That being said, I'll be wearing Glitter Rock much more often than I expected. Urban Decay's Moondusts are totally worth the $20 price tag. I'm so glad I received this shadow!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No