July 23, 2014 | 1633 users online

Sunscreen - Mineral Fusion - Brush-on Sun Defense

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2014 6:26:00 PM More reviews by april1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this much better than the PTR version at Sephora. This is a great way to not have an excuse not to reapply your sunscreen throughout the day. Typically, I think women are sketchy about doing this because it may mean having to take off makeup and go through the whole routine again.

This is so easy to carry. Pop off the cap, shake the product into the brush and dust your face. Reduces any shine and you get your much needed reapplication of sun protection.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2014 1:24:00 PM More reviews by texasbeautyaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE this product for an spf. I wear it to the beach, to the pool, etc., and do not burn. It is transparent, does not break me out, and actually I think it helps even out my complexion which is of course an added benefit.

The PRODUCT itself is fantastic. The main problem I have with this product is the packaging. The brush it comes with sheds, and it is rough on the skin. If you have a softer brush, I would definitely recommend using that one instead of the one that is included. I also find that the product is a little hard to dispense and use. Once the product comes out though, the difficulty lessens.

I also like this product because it is transparent. I cannot tell I am wearing the powder unless it is caked in one area, in which case a little blending makes it disappear instantly.

The other problem with this product, unfortunately, IS the fact that it is a powder and therefore is easily inhaled. While zinc oxide is typically safe on skin, I would imagine that if you inhaled it overtime it could be dangerous. In light of that, when I am applying this product I make sure I am in a well-ventilated area and not taking large breaths when applying the product. I also know that there is a lot of debate on this, particularly from the FDA and the environmental working group. They also do not recommend spray sunscreens for the same reason. They also site that it is not as effective as a liquid sunblock...which unfortunately, typically, give me acne. Now, I also don't apply this everyday and use it on an -as needed- basis. I would imagine with time science will determine the risk. Until then, I will give it a 4/5. Effective, but definitely be cautious during the application process.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by luxed2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Doesn't turn orangey on me like the more expensive ones I've tried (PTR, Bare Escentuals). I use it on my t-zone only due to my rosacean cheeks don't do well with mica (which most all powder s/s contain). It's mattifying & adds extra spf protection.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Even though the applicator brush isn't the best quality, this is a really good product. It makes it super easy to reapply sunscreen throughout the day. Does not break my skin and out and does not show up on the skin. Like that it has a high spf of 30. Much more affordable than the other powder sunscreens with brush applicators. Contains mica.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by waiyi

I love Mineral Fusion Brush-on Sun Defense, it is a cheap alternative for Colorscience Sunforgettable Mineral Powder. It works great, I was out with the sun from 10-2, I applied it every 1.5 hours, I didn't get burn, not even red. It keeps my face matte and oil free, it even set my makeup.

Pro:
- it really works!!
- transparent
- keep my face matte and oil free, it even set my makeup
- it comes with build-in brush and the package is very compact, easy to carry around.
- cheap (compare to Colorscience)

Con:
- the build-in brush not soft enough.

I will definitely buy it again.

For pics, pls visit here: