April 23, 2014 | 883 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous in Pink Cognito

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by GacktCamui

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow. This lipstick deceived me. In the tube it looks like a pretty nude-beige-pink. On the lips it is clear with sparkles.

Yeah. I feel a little bit scandalized. I don't usually allow myself to be tricked.

As far as the formula goes, it reminds me of MAC lustre formula lipsticks. Thin consistency, but has slip. Doesn't accentuate my flaky lips too badly.

I wish it was actually true to color. But being that there is no pigmentation, it is going back.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I wonder if Revlon has reformulated this since the previous reviews were posted... my tube has no "grit" issue whatsoever... in fact I don't even see any shimmer whatsoever in this color which is great because I don't care much for shimmer these days.

I love Pink Cognito. It's like if beige, pink, and light peach all had a baby together. It's nude without being deathly, colorless, lifeless. I absolutely adore how this looks on my lips, natural yet you can tell I am wearing a little something. It is one of my favorite lipstick shades I have found thus far and I picked it up for under 3 bucks thanks to a sale and a coupon.

The Shine formula leaves a little something to be desired. It is very thin so it doesn't last very long on lips. It doesn't really feel greasy to me though, more watery or wet than slick and greasy. I like that my lips feel a little more moisturized after wearing it though.

Bonus: No detectable scent or taste.

Update: Downgrading this from a 4 to a 3. The formula is just too thin! I put this on my lips and within 5 minutes I swear it is gone. Color and everything. Where does it go even?! It is quite mysterious heh. Such a bummer, I loved the color so much. I had seen other shades in the Shine formula I was curious about but will save my money, the formula just doesn't have enough lasting power. Wet N Wild's old 99 cent Wild Shine lipsticks lasted way longer than these.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by sultryvoice

Pink Cognito is a very light beige pink (with the slightest touch of peach) shade with tiny shimmers. The texture is a bit greasy along with what I can only describe as a very slightly rough feeling (although I would not call it gritty..I hate gritty feeling lipsticks/lip glosses). It is not an unpleasant feeling for me as this is the same texture as my discontinued Chanel Aqualumiere lipstick in Maldives, which just happens to be the reason why I purchased this shade. This is my Maldives dupe. Some women have found this shade to be nothing more than a clear lipstick with shimmer and I am in disagreement. I am a WoC with pigmented lips and this lipstick does show up on me as a very light and slightly opaque pink which is absolutely perfect with a smokey eye. This shade does not make my lips look ashy, but leaves them with a very subtle and neutral light pink colour. As for the moisturizing properties, this does leave me disappointed as it is a bit too greasy to be completely moisturizing (won't keep my lips supple during our infamous Cdn winters). The feeling is not luxurious, but thin. Not what I would expect from Revlon, but I don't think that this shade is easily dupable, so if I finish this tube I will look to repurchase at a discounted price. I was fortunate to buy this tube for $3.99cdn on sale and honestly, I think that it is only worth about that much. That said, I have yet to try the other shades, so I do plan on buying one other shade while this sale is still on. I have my eye on the shade Honey Bare.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by rratstarr5

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I had planned to replace Demure, but I couldn't find it, and thought this might be close enough. Pink Cognito is basically clear with some sparkle, not the pinky-nude shade seen in the tube. I know it's part of a "shine" collection, but there is zero color payoff here. I will be returning this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2013 7:22:00 AM More reviews by 1017

UPDATE: This Shine shade is the grittiest one of all the ones I have tried. It did not show its gritty nature right away, but after a few uses...rough. Fuchsia Shock feels so creamy, why does this feel like a gravel road? The color would be great, but I feel like I am putting exfoliator on my lips every time I use it. So, I have stopped using it. It had so much potential :(

ORIGINAL POST: Pink Cognito is a pinky peach (almost beige pink) nude lipstick. These new Shine formulas are less frosty feeling than the Pearl to me, but still along that route...they have a glossy look. My favorite SL formula is till the Creme. My favorite one of these new Shine formulas is the Fuchsia Shock, it is much more creamy and smooth than Pink Cognito, as Pink Cognito can be gritty. But back to the color. It definitely has peachy/beige tones on my NW20 skin, rosey lips, almost black hair, brown eyes. But we are hardly talking Revlon Soft Nude peach...we are talking much more pink toned (beiged pink). It is a similar balance and feel as MAC's Peach Blossom (pearl + cremesheen formula). Not the same exact color (this skews more pink beige on me than Peach Blossom), but that nice neutral, yet still having some color to your lips feel. So bottom line is, if you are curious about these new formulas & are looking to try a soft nudish lip, Pink Cognito is a nice place to start. But don't judge this new finish by THIS shade...try some others because this one is way gritty compared to other Shine shades I have tried. I rec'd Fuchsia Shock.

FYI-I have not noticed any glitter particles left behind at all with these. This one shade though, I can SEE the glitter in the tube and this shade is gritty. I have not had this issue at all with Fuchsia Shock (my fave of the Shine finishes) or the Berry one. The Shine finish remind me of MAC's Lustre finish. Where as the Revlon Pearl finish reminds me of MAC's Frost finish.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by easterdawn

Greasy, yet gritty at the same time. Looks to be shimmer free in the tube but actually has tiny bits of shimmer that I can feel as I apply it. As the product wears off, it leaves obvious bits of glitter/shimmer on my lips. Would not repurchase, wish I could return but I got it at Walmart. Should have purchased at Ulta so I could return. I usually like Revlon lip products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pink cognito is a nude-peach,satin lipstick .The new formula is thiner then the other super lustrous lipsticks! But,it last with their new lip gloss! It goes well on the application,creamy,velvety feel. The color is a perfect nude with some peach undertones! I pair it with snow pink,super lustrous lip gloss! It last two hours... I prefer the super lustrous lipsticks,i got them all almost!