January 28, 2015 | 1929 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - In-Shower Body Moisturiser (Skin Conditioner)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2015 1:21:00 AM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Meh. This product appears to be aimed at people too lazy to take the time to apply body lotion (a group I definitely belong to!), and for that aim this isn't a *completely* worthless product. I bought this product in the deep blue variety (the one listed as best suited for very dry skin), and while it definitely left my skin better hydrated than if I hadn't used any sort of oil/lotion/cream on my skin at all it's nowhere near as potent a moisturizer as just about any body lotion or cream or even as good as type of my favorite lazy shower moisturizer, a body oil or massage bar. Maybe I'm not taking enough effort to really rub in the cream before rinsing, but your skin is generally too wet in-shower to absorb much product. As a result, most of the lotion gets rinsed down without doing much for your skin. Not good if you're trying to stave off the effects of scalding hot showers (I know these are bad for my skin, but I love them anyway!) and a dry winter.

A better alternative is to use some sort of body oil (baby oil is fine. I'm also partial to Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Moisturizing Body Oil) right as you're getting out of the shower and toweling off the excess as you dry off. That's much more moisturizing and requires no more effort than a in-shower moisturizing lotion. Doesn't seem to stain my towels either.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2015 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Ereee

i like it. You have to really rinse the shower floor well after use. It does what it says and my lizard skin feels much better. Wish it had a pump though. It gets messy squeezing it out of the tube, trying to hold a wet bottle...

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2015 2:30:00 PM More reviews by mimislamb

This was a horrible idea, whoever invented this! It makes the shower so dangerously slick and on top of that, it's a total waste of money considering all of the lotion just washes down the drain. Which, by the way, can't be good for the drain or septic system...clogged up with body cream. I think I'll take the hard way out and apply lotion after shower.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2014 9:09:00 AM More reviews by coldlife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Has a light scent that does not bother me, i can get dressed after i use this .

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2014 12:28:00 PM More reviews by darthjaeder

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Being a self tanner I am always looking for the best moisturisers to keep my tans looking amazing as long as possible. I thought this product would be great to try. Honestly I am not a fan on the smell its the first thing I noticed using this, the product is a thick light cream that spreads easily on the skin. I noticed supple skin after the first use, but found i still had to use moisturiser...but it took about a week to notice a real difference and found I no longer need to apply moisturiser after a shower. So don't palm it off altogether after the first couple of uses because it proved me wrong and it does work!!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by bshareef

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I was really excited to get this one but unfortunately did not live up to my expectations. It makes skin very soft and smooth right after application but once you rinse it off and wipe your body it's almost gone. It claims to give 24+ h moisture but my skin got dry in about 4/5 hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by SoyUnDurazno

This is the 4th time I've bought this. I have very dry, itchy skin in the winter and zero willingness to spread body butters or lotions after a shower at 6:15 am. So, it is great for me. It is not super moisturizing but it works just fine. I don't mind the smell (very Nivea-y), bye I absolutely hate the packaging. It is so uncomfortable. Would it kill them to put a pump on it? Still, would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2014 4:45:00 PM More reviews by drumbeat101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is definitely created for people like me who just never take the time to use ordinary lotion. I used to moisturize extremely rarely as I never liked hanging about my room half naked for 20 mins for the lotion to sink in and not leave oily stains on everything.
I use the Original Blue bottle for dry skin as I find it the most nourishing and you can feel the effects for longer, I have used the Cocoa and the new Honey scent too which I both love but they are both designed for normal to dry skin and never seem to last as long on.
I do find it a huge time saver as it doesn't really make much of a difference to my usual shower routine apart from a minute or two to apply and rinse off, for some reason it never made my shower slippery whether I used it at my house or my boyfriends I don't know why it did for some people.
Originally I bought the product from Superdrug and found it a bit pricey 5.09 for a 400ml bottle but have since spotted it at my local Bodycare store for under 2 (something like 1.95) for the 250ml bottle which works out cheaper for 500ml than the Superdrug 400ml price so I always buy a few bottles when I spot it in there.
All in all I will definitely buy this product again!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2014 4:17:00 AM More reviews by TPDgurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this product! I use the one with Shea butter. I received a bottle as a trial for Blackbox and from the first use it made my skin so silky. I was doing one of my friends make up when she accidentally brushed my thigh and she was like "I am so sorry but I just brushed your leg but it is so smooth" and I boasted about this product. I have recommended it to all my friend. I hope they do not stop making this because it is brilliant

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by TrampChick

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

As applying body moisturiser is the last thing I want to do in the mornings, I had high hopes for this product but will not be repurchasing. Reasons: it's not very moisturising - and I had bought the very dry skin version. But what really bugs me is the packaging. I've got about a third left, but when I squeeze the tube I only get tiny dollops of product. It won't come out! Even if I loved the moisturiser, I would not buy again because of the useless packaging. If I could give no lipsticks for the packaging I would.