July 23, 2014 | 1227 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - In-Shower Body Moisturiser (Skin Conditioner)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for both the body wash and the body lotion that come in the blue bottle.

Excellent products. The body wash is very moisturizing and leaves my uber dry body skin soft and pampered.

The body lotion is a bit sticky. I don't use it all over my body because I don't like to feel gooey, especially in summer. But I found it works beautifully on my feet. I have very dry heels that are prone to cracking. I exfoliate them with pumice stone and then, every night before I go to bed, I clean my feet with a wet towel (I do this only in summer because I wear flip-flops and sandals) and then rub this cream on them. My heels are now soft and the cracks have gone away.

I recommend these products to anybody.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2014 12:19:00 PM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this. I'm really lazy about applying body lotion and hardly ever do it. So when I saw this in the store I bought it straight away. Does exactly what it says: nice silky moisturised skin. Wasn't keen on the bottle design, found it slippy and hard to get the right amount out. But still and great product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 3:35:00 PM More reviews by justilou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I kinda love this product, but it has made me sooooooo iiiiiiiiitchy! Sorry, Nivea. Have never had such an immediate and obvious all-over my body reaction before. I am taking antihistamines now...... zzzzzzznk

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 6:54:00 AM More reviews by Ellatwo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is excellent. It's like magic on older skin. Maybe with young skin the difference is not very visible. With me it changed crinkle to smooth in an instant . Love the slight fragrance, very subtle. Wish I had showered with this before long haul flight, so moisturising. Skin feels so supple and soft. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 8:26:00 AM More reviews by courtneygardiner

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is now my must have shower product. I purchased the dry skin one because I suffer from that a lot, was very impressed after the first use. I can notice the change in my skin condition, my skin is happier and looks smoother. Perfect after shaving, saves alot of time and I think it's even more moisturising than a normal body cream that I would apply after a shower. For a high street cheap product this is amazing, I'd still buy it if the price was increased, brilliant value for money. Easy to apply, quick to apply, spreads well.
Only downside for me is that I need a lot of it to cover my whole body so I have to buy a new bottle every 2 weeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by peachmoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Review for the very dry skin one (with almond oil). I'm not seeing a seperate page for it.

Ok first off, this got rid of the (moderate, I guess?) keratosis pilarsis (KP) that I've had on my upper arms for like, 8, 10 years? Well, the bumps are completely gone, but it also may have helped with the redness, I'm not sure. Personally KP didn't bother me that much and I wasn't treating it with anything other than gentle soap, daily exfoliation, and cheap lotion so it kinda surprised me when I suddenly noticed my arms were smooth for the first time ever after ~2 weeks using this... I can only imagine what a nice surprise this would be for someone who was actually self-conscious because of KP (no shame on you, I'm well-aware what the beauty industry systematically does to our self-confidence in order to make money).

If my mum didn't buy this for me, I might not have ever bought it. I wasn't even expecting this stuff to even be adequate on my super dry and sensitive skin but in addition to curing(?) my KP, it actually moisturises thoroughly (don't ask me how), perhaps even better than the cheaper but thicker lotions I've been buying for my body, and being able to wash it off has cut a lot of time from my daily routine that would be spent waiting for 2 coats of normal lotion to dry. It doesn't make my legs feel itchy/tingly either, like they usually start to as soon as I leave the shower. I use it on my neck/chest too and it hasn't caused any problems, not that I had any there. My skin feels softer than ever,

I'm realising that the Nivea brand has never caused me problems (I used to associate it with my grandmother, but let's be real, my skin is probably more like hers than other 21 year olds, so...). Will definitely repurchase, though I'm worried about it being discontinued like every other miracle product, lol. Next time it goes on sale I might buy a few bottles! $9 Australian is pretty reasonable. It also comes in a pump bottle, which is probably easier than the cap bottle I have.

P.S. I haven't read all the other reviews but let's use our common sense and not do the typical makeupalley review *coughAmerican* thing where we blame the company for an obvious and unavoidable consequence of the product. It's lotion you use in the shower so of course it's going to make it a bit slippery (not that I've noticed but I always sort of push any excess soap stuff down the drain with my feet and rinse the tiles). It also says this on the back in case you couldn't figure it out. Maybe don't use it if you're unsteady/worried about slipping.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by LizaLouiz

I purchased the one for dry skin. I love it! It's so easy to use. I don't stop the shower to put it on as it doesn't take up much time to put it on. After you wash it off my skin feels slippery which I don't mind, it's the same with hair conditioner, it just means it did it's job. (After you dry it doesn't feel slippery.)

I didn't experience a slippery floor, I think that probably depends on the surface and the amount you use on your body. I also did not experience any white residue or marks on my clothes since I rinse it off thoroughly. It leaves my skin soft not oily or greasy at all. It lasts for about 24 hours and smells nice.

I would recommend it. <3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2014 5:59:00 AM More reviews by TrishyB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Initailly, I was very hesitant on purchasing this product, I heard all the hype that surounded it and I kept putting it off everytime I saw it at the supermarket. I finally decided to try it out, I got the Smooth version for dry skin. I didn't know how much to apply the first time and I think I over did it as the excess was running off me. After you rinse it off it leaves your skin feeling reallllyyyy smooth and when I dried myself (pat dry) I finally understood why people RAVED about this! It is amazing! It honestly feels like you've applied a body lotion, no idea how it wokrs but I am loving it. In terms of application and the amount to use - use the same amount as you would if you were applying lotion and pat dry after. And it smells amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2014 11:00:00 AM More reviews by MaggieRT

My mum suggested I try this - she said all her friends were raving about it. I live in South Africa, but I'm from the UK, and often on-the-shelf brands in SA really don't to begin to even compare in quality as those in Europe and the States do (same brands but completely different product as most are produced here in SA). So I was a little hesitant buying it to be honest. But for R24 (about 1.30) I thought I would give it a go.

The results - I'm delighted with it! Saves SO much time and effort once you are out of the shower. For me it moisturises really well. Sometimes I get quite dry skin and at first I thought it maybe wasn't moisturising enough but over time it has really softened and changed my skin.

Touch wood it doesn't seem to make my shower floor slippy either. Maybe it depends on the material of your sheer.

I really really like this. I also love the price. Now its up there as a necessity alongside shower gel, shampoo and conditioner etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 7:39:00 AM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I'm not a fan of body lotions and rarely make time to use them. I hate using separate products once I'm out of the shower and having to wait for them to sink in. So this product has actually gotten me to moisturize my body, and I've definitely seen the benefits.

I use the normal level moisturizer, which for me, works great. My skin can get a little dry in the winter, though I don't suffer from particularly dry skin. I wouldn't recommend this if you have problems with dry skin, because it's just not rich enough. What it does do is lightly moisturize my skin without leaving any residue behind, and once I've dried off my skin is truly soft for the next 24 hours.

For me this does save the time and hassle it would take to use a body lotion (which I don't make the time for anyway). I pop it on just after washing my body and hair, put it on before my conditioner and let it sit for those few minutes while I let the conditioner sit and wash my face. It mostly rinses off my body while I rinse conditioner out of my hair. Super simple!

Before I dry off, it does feel kind of weird. It leaves this sort of slippery texture, similar to how conditioner leaves your hair feeling slicker than before you used it. But as soon as I dry off, that slickness is replaced with super soft skin.

The smell is fairly typical of Nivea: clean, soft, a touch sweet, not overpowering, and doesn't linger long once you've dried off. Perfectly unobtrusive, nothing to write home about.

I've repurchased this product many times and will continue to repurchase for as long as they make it. I'd recommend it for anyone looking to use a moisturizer but who is too lazy to bother with body lotions, and anyone not suffering from very dry skin.