April 17, 2014 | 1845 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - In-Shower Body Moisturiser (Skin Conditioner)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 7:39:00 AM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I'm not a fan of body lotions and rarely make time to use them. I hate using separate products once I'm out of the shower and having to wait for them to sink in. So this product has actually gotten me to moisturize my body, and I've definitely seen the benefits.

I use the normal level moisturizer, which for me, works great. My skin can get a little dry in the winter, though I don't suffer from particularly dry skin. I wouldn't recommend this if you have problems with dry skin, because it's just not rich enough. What it does do is lightly moisturize my skin without leaving any residue behind, and once I've dried off my skin is truly soft for the next 24 hours.

For me this does save the time and hassle it would take to use a body lotion (which I don't make the time for anyway). I pop it on just after washing my body and hair, put it on before my conditioner and let it sit for those few minutes while I let the conditioner sit and wash my face. It mostly rinses off my body while I rinse conditioner out of my hair. Super simple!

Before I dry off, it does feel kind of weird. It leaves this sort of slippery texture, similar to how conditioner leaves your hair feeling slicker than before you used it. But as soon as I dry off, that slickness is replaced with super soft skin.

The smell is fairly typical of Nivea: clean, soft, a touch sweet, not overpowering, and doesn't linger long once you've dried off. Perfectly unobtrusive, nothing to write home about.

I've repurchased this product many times and will continue to repurchase for as long as they make it. I'd recommend it for anyone looking to use a moisturizer but who is too lazy to bother with body lotions, and anyone not suffering from very dry skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2014 3:50:00 AM More reviews by loisgreener

This for me is not a time saver stopping the shower and putting back on to wash it off was annoying. And I felt that slick on my bath/ shower I thought that could be bad. All in all I would repurchase this.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Freddiew

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I cannot believe so many people across review sites claim this is a time saver. I think it is the complete reverse. It leaves a deathly dangerous slippery film on the shower floor and I have spent more time on my knees cleaning the shower after using this product than I would applying a moisturiser in the conventional way. I really thought that this product would be withdrawn almost immediately because it is just so dangerous. I can't say its a great moisturiser either. You are better off with an in-shower oil than this.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2014 12:11:00 PM More reviews by joana7

The great thing about this product is that it is very easy to apply and when I use it I find myself applying it to areas that I normally neglect, such as feet, belly and back.

I find this product not to be very moisturising but I only use it as a quick fix on those days when I just don't have the time to apply normal body lotion. I wouldn't say it substitutes normal lotion but it surely comes in handy sometimes. Plus it has that classic Nivea scent that I love.

Try and wait for the product to "sink in" for a bit as it does leave white marks on clothes otherwise... So far it happened to me once. Very annoying.

I will be repurchasing this as it is quite practical except for the white marks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

I seem to be in the minority but I adore this product. I thought that it would be a gimmicky product that would only gunk up my shower and make it slippery but it is amazing. It truly sinks in the second it hits your skin and makes it alot more tempting to moisturise places such as your back and neck which are usually missed with regular lotion due to the difficulty reaching in and thorougly rubbing the lotion into these places, somehow the combination of this product and the water on your skin make it slide on perfectly and then a quick rinse and you are done - no greasy stuff sticking to your clothes you can get dressed instantenously without waiting for your lotion to absorb. I would advise giving the tub/base of shower a quick wipe over with a sponge before exiting just to make sure you dont leave any product to cause slipping for the next person to use the cubicle but generally with weekly bath cleaning I dont notice it makes the tub any greasier or slippery than one of those super moisturising body washes or soaps. This dry skin formula smells amazing - just like the original Nivea Creme which I love (I love all vintagey cosmetics i.e. Nivea Creme, rose water, olay beautyfluid and ponds) so this is my kind of scent but I can see how others may not like it if they don't like the vintagey rose lemony vibe of this product. I have given up my regular lotions and as long as this isn't discontinued I won't look back.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by vivienh92

i absolutely love this product. it leaves my skin so super soft after i come out the shower and believe it or not im sure it got rid of my spots that i had on my back. i used to have a little bit of bacne and loads of scars. before i bought this moisteriser i barely moisterised because once i came out of the bathroom i just quickly threw on my clothes cause it can be cold where i live but this is the handiest as u can just moisterise while you are in there. its so easy to put on my back aswell and my spots have disappeared, just a little scarring. so far on my third bottle!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by Calistacyra

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I want to give a zero but they didn't allow me.. Worst thing to try, it's like sticky grease on your skin, I actually used my facial wash from kiehls (the blue one, for oily, prone skin) it still didn't work.. I totally agree with the last review before this.. Total disappointment.. Don't buy, I'm warning you

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Lexyoyo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product has a sticky residue, like washing grease of fat off your skin without soap. I expected it to be light and soft, like other great Nivea products I use. I much prefer using normal moisturizers, as the inconvenience is worth it. The bottle is nice, shame it doesn't come in a smaller size. A disappointment, needs some work.
I don't know if will improve with more use, but at the moment I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 8:35:00 PM More reviews by NicoleTMY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Updated 12 Jan 2014

I got the version for dry skin on sale, I have never tried Nivea moisturizers before. So far Nivea products have disappointed me. On first use, product seems to be a watery lotion, it absorbs into skin when applied on. After rinsing off, skin feels moist but after drying off skin felt a little sticky, like you applied a lotion that is not absorbent. That made me feel icky, it occurred on my first few tries. The scent is powdery. It will take awhile to get used to. The product irritated my skin a little on a few occasions but I am not surprised as I have eczema. There were times where my skin was fine. Product can be a little inconvenient to use as one hand holds the bottle, leaving one to apply the product.

It does make my skin feel like it is more moisturized compared to if I did not use it. I did try one day that I did not use this and my skin feels very dry and tight. However, if this is used with heavy creams, skin will feel sticky at some areas. I guess this gives the reassurance of an extra layer of moisture on top of your normal moisturizer. I used this alone for about a week and now I began using a lotion again, the difference is HUGE. The lotion actually feels heavy compared to this product.

The bottle looks like it will last quite awhile but I am on the fence as to whether I will repurchase. It does make a difference and come in handy to help save time. I raised the rating to 4 as it earned it however the things I do not like is the scent and sometimes sticky feel.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 2:22:00 AM More reviews by BiancaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've never written a review on here before, but after reading the recent low scores for this product I just had to share my experience!
I LOVE this stuff! It does exactly what it's supposed to do. You apply it to wet skin in the shower, rinse it off and viola! The smell is lovely and lingers long after you rinse it off. My skin felt so soft and silky even after the first time using! It's cheap and available at the local chemists and even Coles. You really can't go wrong using it... unless you use it for shaving like one of the other reviewers? it's not a shaving cream! However I do apply it after shaving and it reduces red spots!
This and Nivea exfoliating scrub will be part of my shower routine until they are discontinued, heaven forbid!