Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector

3.5

Water, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylene Glycol, Enantia Chlorantha Bark Extract, Oleanolic Acid.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff is no joke. It tended to dry my skin out this winter so I figured I'd use this as my summer primer when I tend to be a bit more oily. I love all Becca products and have added this to my arsenal.

Wow!! This product is certainly worth the money. I was using Paula's Choice Shine Stopper. I bought my tube 2 years ago and still have plenty left. It's only $23.00 for 1 ounce, however, it only keeps my very shiny T-zone matte for no more than 4 hours. I also have semi-large pores on my cheeks and nose that the Shine Stopper temporarily closes up, but again, for no more than 4 hours. I then have to re-apply it on top of my makeup, which I have no problem doing. My issue is, I'm lazy. This Becca product, however, which is $36 for 1.35 ounces, lasts for over 12 hours!!!!! COMPLETELY MATTE!! I have never seen anything like it. I just dab a tiny bit over my sunscreen -- on my nose, chin, in between my brows, on my cheeks and then I apply my foundation over it and BAM, I'm matte for over 8 hours. Now, I've used this with several foundations. It works with Studio Fix powder foundation, which I apply lightly, Becca mineral foundation, Jane Iradele, pressed mineral foundation, Clinique liquid foundations, drugstore liquid foundations, including shiny Wet and Wild foundations, I've used this with liquid foundation that I once gave up on because it just made me an oil slick by hour 5 (ex. Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage SPF 15) which some may not consider a liquid, maybe a mouse, but all I know is that my skin would not tolerate that foundation. All I can say is, this stuff works. Just follow the instructions on the back of the tube. Don't go rogue with it. Sometimes, it makes the makeup hard to blend. I don't care. I'm impatient. I just blend it out and work with it and by the time I'm done, it looks great.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

this is the only primer that has ever kept me down to one blotting paper a day, and I have tried them all...rimmel stay matte, MUFE, Porefessional, all of them. This does the job. However, it's finicky. It doesn't play well with some foundations-namely the Becca Complexion Creme, which is weird since they are the same brand. It doesn't work well with any sort of creamy full overage foundation that is thick. It works great with Kat Von D Lock-It, MUFE Mat Velvet, and Estée Lauder Doible Wear.

If you wear a lot of serums and moisturizers, this will make them pill. You need to use a light hand and PAT it into your skin. It emphasizes flaky patches like crazy, and I had to get a new sunscreen when I bought this because the Coopertone Sensitive Skin spf 50 I was using pulled up really badly.

That being said, if you have seriously oily skin that is a real problem for you, this is worth it. Get a free sample from Sephora to try it out first though-you might have to work your makeup routine around a little and change some products, but once you find a way to make it work for you, it's worth every penny.

No matter what foundation I wore, it would break down and get shiny Bout four hours in. I wear makeup for about 12 hours every day, seven days a week, and the expense wa dearth of to me because I have struggle d with excessive oiliness for so long. This has truly been a godsend.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

If you're oily, this primer is fantastic and really works at stopping shine from breaking through. It takes some time getting used to applying it but what works for me is waiting 5 minutes for my moisturiser to absorb properly then I take a small amount of this on my fingers and rub it to warm it up before patting it into the skin on my cheeks, nose and chin. I wouldn't suggest applying this where you're not oily as it will make skin drier and flakey looking.

Whilst this definitely keeps oil at bay all day, it doesn't really fill my pores so I'm tempted to go in with something else before this to stop my foundation sinking into them.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a very tricky product to use. I only use this when I have a lot of time to get ready. It does what it says it does, mattifies--and to a great extent. However, this cannot be used with any foundation. You have to play with it and try it with different foundations and see what works best for you. Don't use it with a mattifying foundation because it'll get flakey and gross. As for application, I typically squeeze some out on the back of my hand, let it warm up, and then go in with a brush to pat it on and around the T-zone area. (Only use it on extreme oily parts because it is very drying) As soon as you apply it you can feel it working, drying up excess oil, which is kind of nice but feels unnatural and a bit heavy. Overall, I probably won't be repurchasing. Even though it works, I just don't think it is good for an everyday natural look. Best used if you're going out at night.

I finally found a product that is the closest to perfection! Since my teen years I've been trying countless products on the market targeted to control oil. I really enjoyed the time when I was taking accutane, because I felt like I had normal skin. Two months after my treatment my oily T-zone was back :(

I came across this product and read some reviews online and it seemed that this was the bomb for really oily skin. I decided to gave it a go and since it's difficult to buy in my country, I ordered the smaller tube on ebay. I've been using it for the past month and I have now made my opinion about it: it has become a holy grail for me and I will spend almost 40 euros to get the full size when I run out.

Although this product works like no other, it's a little tricky to use. First of all, it's not meant for dry or even normal skin types. And for those who have combination skin, apply only on the oily areas.

There are a few ways to apply it. I tried a few and the one that really works is after applying foundation and powder. I thought that this was really stupid to do, but after a few uses under the makeup with little results, this application did the trick. I have no difficulty to get the product out of the tube or with application. I just make sure to warm the product between my fingers until it feels watery and then pat it in the problem areas (do not rub!). Work fast and with one area at the time because this sets really quickly. It doesn't take too much product for my nose, cheeks and forehead. If applied too much, it can look white. But with the right amount and application, it looks invisible.

The oil control is the best a product ever gave me so far... I can go several hours without blotting which is a true record for me. I really only need one to two touch ups during a work day (8-10 hours) and the oil that picks through is really minimal. Before this product I looked like and oil slick all day, even thought I blotted every hour... So annoying!! I was really self conscious about it, because my face looked really bad... and now I have absolutely no worries. Also, it makes the foundation last longer and I really like the simple non-silicone formula..

I also noticed that this doesn't work with every foundation, at least with my application method. I've tried using it with a more mate foundation and it looks horrible. Very dry looking and patchy. On the other hand, with semi mate or dewy foundations it works the best. I've used it with Ex1 Invisiwear and Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum with great success.

As some reviews say, it can dry out the skin and I had that problem. My advice on this is: avoid using too many mattifying products along with this primer; make sure to use a good moisturizer before ; if you're like me and don't like to use hydrating products during the day because of the oily skin, make sure to use a good moisturizer at night to compensate (I personally use an antioxidant serum that keeps my skin properly hydrated - C Vit from the spanish brand Sesderma - it is said to be a dupe for the Estee Lauder Advance Night Repair - I really recommend to check it out, my skin changed a lot in less than two weeks of use!); make sure to remove all the products off your skin - I use the Foreo Luna at night and I haven't had any problems with my skin breaking out; maybe skip a few days of using it to give some rest to the skin. If you follow this rules you can get a good use of this primer..

If you're having the same issues with your skin, specially oil issues, I totally recommend to give it a try. I know that in US you can get a sample from Sephora. Make sure to really try different application methods and also different combinations of products... it can really make a difference in the results. Good luck :)

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Love this stuff.

I have an extremely oily t-zone and without this primer I am blotting after 30 mins to an hour. With this primer I can blot after 3.5-4 hours.

It does not work for up to 12 hours

Unlike everyone else, I don't have any trouble with the primer coming out of the packaging. I..think some people are trying to use this stuff like lotion.

I pat this into the skin until it dries.

Well worth the price. I'll definitely buy again in the future.

Oh yeah, wash your face well after using. It might cause a mild break out, but not enough for me to hate the product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This product is definitely for oily skin, possibly for combination skin, absolutely NOT for dry skin. I have very oily skin and I'm quite amazed at how well this primer mattifies my skin and reduces pores. I don't think there is anything out there that could keep me matte for "up to 8hrs", but this is the closest I've come to the perfect primer. You have to apply it very fast and use a small amount to get the best result and avoid any white streaks other reviewers have complained of. The finish is amazing. Thank you Becca!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

PROS

- controls oil
- minimizes pores
- extends wear of makeup

CONS

- hard to squeeze out

COMMENTS: This stuff is amazing. It really does what it says. The only con I have is how thick it is. It's so difficult to squeeze product out of the tube. It's going to become even more difficult once product starts to get used up. Other than that, I have no complaints. Follow the directions on how to use this and you shouldn't have any issues. I never rub this on. Pat it onto the skin and avoid any dry areas, working on one area at a time as it does set quickly. Make sure you still moisturize as this stuff is equivalent to using Milk of Magnesia and can be drying.

Will repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This prime does work, it really does keep me matte for way longer than any of product but I hate how you have to prep this product and figure out a way to use it properly..you can't just smooth it on, you have to earn it up and dab it, make sure you're not putting to much. I like it but it's too time consuming, so I don't think I will purchase again.

Popular Primer/ Correctors