April 20, 2014 | 1674 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Becca - Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 2:48:00 AM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

This should not be marketed as a primer, I don't think it makes a very good one but it is a wonderful mattifier for very oily skin. I bought this because they discontinued both smashbox antishine and Urban Decay deslick in a tube, this product has the same main ingredient. I love the packaging for this but it's very expensive I think I paid about $47.
On to use, I apply this after my facial moisturizer but before my regular primer (smashbox). I rub a small amount of this (less than a pea sized amount) between 2 fingers and press it into my t zone where I get the oiliest. Instantly the area is dry and matte, then I continue applying the rest of my makeup. It makes me much less oily/shiny during the day than when I don't use it, I blot less often. If I start to get really oily I can reapply the same way I initially did but overtop of my makeup, I will sometimes do this if I am stopping at home and rushing back out but am looking a bit shiny. Would repurchase, a must have for very oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by mjenap

I hate this primer. It is the worst I've ever used. It highlights all my flaws and makes my foundation look like it is sitting in my pores. This is going back.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Nancygia

I got a generous sample of this with 100 points at Sephora. I think someone recommended it in a youtube video about products for managing oily skin, which I have in my t-zone, especially my nose. This just doesn't work for me. Within a few minutes of applying my makeup, I have oil breaking through, and within the hour, I need to use blotting paper. It doesn't make my foundation go on weird (no balling or color change) which is why I gave it 2 stars versus 1 star.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Makeupdoll143

Great for keeping me matte for a very long time! Not all day but def longer than I normally would be!

Dries very fast so you have to work quickly. Also only use a small amount or will have the opposite effect and will effect how well your makeup glides on.

Very overpriced but I will repurchase cause I've never found such a product to keep me matte.

Works well with liquid foundations, especially ones that are for oily skin or ones that are long lasting and help keep you matte they work well together. Tried it with a Dewey foundation like Nars Sheer Glow and it did help it stay longer but not all day.

Packaging is great because it's in a squeeze tube very sanitary and a bit hard to squeeze out which helps you not get too much product out. I got a sample from Sephora in an open container like thing and it dried it out after two uses so squeeze tube is best!

Works best with Covergirl 3-in-1 and Mac Prolongwear foundations :)

If you have the extra $ to spend and haven't found anything to keep you matte for long, give it a try :):)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by kimst2009

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Let me preface this by saying I have always been skeptical about primers. I am oily and have tried quite a few primers out there to control my oil but for the most part I found that they just gave me a smoother canvas to work with and perhaps blurred out some lines and pores I have. They rarely controlled the oil, which was what I wanted it to do. So, I have always written off primers...Till I started working at Sephora and was able to try the Becca Ever Matte. I recommend this primer particularly for oil-control.

This is how I use it and what I tell my clients...

First off, only use this on the areas that need oil-control. Apply in a thin layer. It is all you need. I do not recommend using as an all-over primer unless your whole face is oily. When I very first applied it, it was like WHOA! It had mattified my whole face and it was pretty neat till I started applying my foundation. There is some drag and the texture felt rough because of that. It wouldnt let my foundation glide over it as well without going on streaky. The next day, I decided to use it in the areas I needed it only and I used my foundation brush (the Sigma F80 or Beauty Blender) to 'push in' the foundation on those areas I put the primer. This worked tremendously!!!! I have been using this for a month straight and that is a big deal for someone who had written off primers.

And yeah, it is very tacky at first. Put it on your face, let it settle for at least a minute before you start applying your foundation.

If you're looking more for something to fill pores with some oil-control then try Porefessional. But Becca Ever Matte is truly for those wanting some major oil-control.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

You can have a love and hate relationship with this primer. If you are dry or even normal, you should stay away from this. First and foremost, the company should warn people to rub the primer between their hands before application. Second, it should indicate that it dries up really fast. For oily skin gals such as myself, this could be a HG but don't use it all over your face. If you have a heavy hand, use most of it on your nose. This product works great with mineral foundation. I did not have much of success with it for liquid foundation. Overall, I am still searching but I think in comparison with Claudia Stevens' primer (sold at Sally's), this is way too over priced for what it is.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by kaleiokapualani

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS STUFF! I have extremely oily skin (if i were to blot my face, i could easily fill up 4 clean and clear blotting sheets- just to give you an idea). Although there are so many primers out there claiming to be the solution for "very oily skin", this primer is the only one i have found that has actually lived up to it's name! Although i still get oily throughout the day, this primer makes sure to give you a matte surface to work with- making my skin appear less oily than it would be without a primer. As soon as you apply it, you can already see it completely mattifying your face.

Even if you are not as "extremely" oily as i am, this really can be used on all skin types. I am a makeup artist, and i use this on brides with normal or combination skin- just to make sure there makeup lasts all day. All this primer does, is make sure that your skin has a completely matte surface to work with.. But that makes the biggest difference!

Hope this helps!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Anahata66

I have tried so many primers it's ridiculous. After recieving a sample size of this product with a purchase, I knew right then, this was by far the best primer I have ever used. I do not think i'll ever change primers again. I see some reviews which state it balls up the foundation on the skin, this has never happened to me. I use a small amount and cover only the areas I need help with. I wait a few minutes for it to fully sink in. I'm thinking maybe not waiting for product to absorb may be what is causing foundations to ball up. Use sparingly and wait a few minutes before applying your makeup. Fabulous!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 1:40:00 AM More reviews by adamj2004

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This may be my HG primer!

I have very oily skin and this helps control my oil a lot in combination with Murad's Oil Control Mattifier. It is a thicker cream and does not have the siliconey slip that many primers have and helps foundation last a lot longer since it gives foundation something to grab onto on the skin without oil interfering.

I cannot imagine applying foundation without it now; some days, I even use it on its own and it really helps oiliness. I still have to blot but not nearly as much as I used to. So glad I discovered this!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by adriennealine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff keeps my oils at bay. I still need to blot a couple times, but I am very oily. You don't need much at all. However, I wouldn't suggest rubbing too much as it can start balling up. After you apply it in areas you need, pat and press into your skin. I lost this in Vegas after only having it for a week and I bought a brand new one.