July 28, 2014 | 1099 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Becca - Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2014 6:42:00 AM More reviews by sindoodoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I got a small sample of this at Sephora, when I told an SA that I have oily cheeks and my foundation doesn't last through the day. This primer does a great job of mattifying shiny areas throughout the day, but as other reviews have said, it's difficult to use. It has a very thick and sticky consistency, so you actually really do need to pat it in. If you try to rub it in, it will pill up and get all over the place instead.

Since I have oily cheeks and forehead, but dry skin on my nose and chin, I only used this on the oily areas of my face; it would be too drying on the other areas. That said, I feel like it helped my foundation last, giving it a natural look, and helping minimize pores and other blemishes. I will experiment with other primers for oiliness/pores (specifically Benefit's Porefessional) before putting down the $30 for this primer though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 1:46:00 AM More reviews by BoandChica2

I prepared to be disappointed in this product as I am with most primers. On first use, I lightly rubbed it on after moisturizer. That didn't work well for some reason. So recently I decided to try it on my eyelids, as they are very oily and NO eyeliner stays put. I patted some on my lids b4 liner and also on top after I applied my liner. My liner stayed ALL day...no smearing, no fading...perfect. I was amazed! Then I thought, well maybe I should "pat" this on my face instead of lightly rubbing on. So I pat on my face b4 foundation AND a little bit after as well. It worked so much better. Really like this stuff. It didn't keep my face 100% oil free, but when I did get somewhat oily during the day, it looked more dewy than oily. That may also be the new foundation I'm using, Tarte Color Clay Stick primer/foundation. It says it's a primer but it's more like a tinted. Really like that too! Back to the Becca primer...like I already said, my eyeliner stayed perfect. My oily eyelid sisters out there will especially love this for that alone.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Tirzz81

I received this as a gift and I am so glad that I did! I personally don't use this as an all over primer, I only use on my t - zone area. I use about a pea sized amount warmed up with my fingers and pat it(do not rub that will cause it to crumble) then I apply my normal primer. Keeps oil at bay for the most part!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2014 10:47:00 PM More reviews by roxyower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So disappointed :( I tried doing all the steps and did them correctly but It just doesn't work well. It emphasizes pores, makes it hard for makeup to go on and ends up making it look Cakey. Didn't find it made my makeup stay on much longer than when I just use rimmel stay matte. So sad cuz I'm running out of options and am so tired of my makeup looking bad!! If you do use it, use it with very liquidy and runny makeup. Or else it will look Cakey!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by deedrajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

THE WORST ! Made my makeup cake up and pretty much melted off my face. The formula is so dry and that makes it hard to blend. So because its hard to blend it will make your makeup stick to some spots and not others. all in all this is horrible and thankfully i got a sample of it.. if i spent the money on it and found out it was this bad, i would have been angry.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 10:40:00 AM More reviews by EleBees

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I do not use this to prime my face, but more to mattify my oily areas. It's expensive, but a tiny bit goes a LONG way (I use about half of a pea size and it's more than enough for my t-zone). My tube has lasted for months and still has about half left. The only thing I'd warn people about when it comes to this product, is that you do have to blend it out quite well when applying it, because if you don't it will leave white streaks and edges on your skin. It also enhances the dry/flaky areas a lot, so be sure to exfoliate and moisturize well if you plan to use this product, and stear clear of areas where you know your skin is dry. Other than that, it does what it's supposed to do. I live in the tropics, where it is always hot and humid; I work indoors but I still have to walk to/from my car etc. and I've noticed my makeup holds up way more since I started using this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 2:48:00 AM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

This should not be marketed as a primer, I don't think it makes a very good one but it is a wonderful mattifier for very oily skin. I bought this because they discontinued both smashbox antishine and Urban Decay deslick in a tube, this product has the same main ingredient. I love the packaging for this but it's very expensive I think I paid about $47.
On to use, I apply this after my facial moisturizer but before my regular primer (smashbox). I rub a small amount of this (less than a pea sized amount) between 2 fingers and press it into my t zone where I get the oiliest. Instantly the area is dry and matte, then I continue applying the rest of my makeup. It makes me much less oily/shiny during the day than when I don't use it, I blot less often. If I start to get really oily I can reapply the same way I initially did but overtop of my makeup, I will sometimes do this if I am stopping at home and rushing back out but am looking a bit shiny. Would repurchase, a must have for very oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by mjenap

I hate this primer. It is the worst I've ever used. It highlights all my flaws and makes my foundation look like it is sitting in my pores. This is going back.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Nancygia

I got a generous sample of this with 100 points at Sephora. I think someone recommended it in a youtube video about products for managing oily skin, which I have in my t-zone, especially my nose. This just doesn't work for me. Within a few minutes of applying my makeup, I have oil breaking through, and within the hour, I need to use blotting paper. It doesn't make my foundation go on weird (no balling or color change) which is why I gave it 2 stars versus 1 star.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Makeupdoll143

Great for keeping me matte for a very long time! Not all day but def longer than I normally would be!

Dries very fast so you have to work quickly. Also only use a small amount or will have the opposite effect and will effect how well your makeup glides on.

Very overpriced but I will repurchase cause I've never found such a product to keep me matte.

Works well with liquid foundations, especially ones that are for oily skin or ones that are long lasting and help keep you matte they work well together. Tried it with a Dewey foundation like Nars Sheer Glow and it did help it stay longer but not all day.

Packaging is great because it's in a squeeze tube very sanitary and a bit hard to squeeze out which helps you not get too much product out. I got a sample from Sephora in an open container like thing and it dried it out after two uses so squeeze tube is best!

Works best with Covergirl 3-in-1 and Mac Prolongwear foundations :)

If you have the extra $ to spend and haven't found anything to keep you matte for long, give it a try :):)