Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector

3.5

Water, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylene Glycol, Enantia Chlorantha Bark Extract, Oleanolic Acid.

on 2/9/2015 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This has become HG status for me, a pretty low-maintenance girl with very. Oily. Skin. I'm not the kind of girl who wears foundation every day, and I take the minimalist route of wearing blush and draw in my eyebrows about 5-6 days a week.

But now, every morning after my daily moisturizer, I put on a thin layer of the Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector. I've been using this primer for about a month now. I use it under foundation, under my CC cream, or just by itself. Usually my face turns into an oilfield within 2 hours, but with the PPP I can go about 5 hours before I see some shine. I still have to blot, but only once a day instead of 2-3 times now. And unlike when I wear foundation, I don't need to make two passes and do my "thorough makeup removal" with a Ponds wipe and a Clarisonic face scrubbing; just the Ponds wipe seems to work and doesn't make me break out! (The other primer I tried, the Monistat Chafing Relief gel, made me break out unless I deep-cleaned my pores every time after I wear it.) They're both made of silicones, so the Becca primer must be made of some silicones that go gentler on my skin. Whatever it is, I'm digging it. This is the only primer I've ever used that I would repurchase.

on 2/8/2015 2:39:00 PM

I bought this product in search of a primer that would blur my pores (which are fairly medium sized) and keep my skin matte in my t-zone. Hence the name, I expected my pores to appear smooth and perfect, and my skin to stay matte. Unfortunately, both of these things did not happen. This product did a great job of making my pores disappear right when I applied it, but while the day continued it did not stay this way (even with a setting spray over top). It also did not keep my skin matte looking, I powdered in my t-zone area and it still became oily after a 6 hour period of time. Applying the product was a little difficult, as it is very rock hard and it comes out like an hard-like gel. I do not think I would buy this product again because it did not fit my needs, yet I am sure it could fit someone else's!

on 1/28/2015 10:08:00 PM

Worst primer I have EVER used, and I've used a lot. Even following the multitude of instructions this stuff feels like spreading almost dry Elmer's glue on your face. Does not mattify anything. My cheap NYX primer minimizes pores better. Not to mention the greasy, gluey crap has clogged up my pores so badly that my 40 year-old face is broken out like a teenager's.

on 1/20/2015 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I am an oily, acne prone so I had high hopes for this product after all the raves it received. I tried various methods,it was hard to learn to use because of its very thick consistency. I tried it under makeup, over makeup alone on bare face, mixing it with other primers, lotions, bb and cc creams. It needs to be applied correctly otherwise it will make your foundation blotchy. After all my experiments all had the same results. It does keep you matte, but to me not worth all the work to apply. The time it keep my face matte is about 3-4 hours and then still need to blot. Once the oil appeared it seems to be more than the norm. returned for refund. My benefit porefessional seems to work better for me.

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! This primer instantly smooths my pores & lines. It controls my oily complexion and makes my make up last all day long. BEST PRIMER EVER! Pros: It's amazing... nothing else to say Cons: Pricey (But worth every penny!) Dries super fast... gotta be quick when applying

on 1/3/2015 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have tried so many products to combat oily skin, and this by far is the best primer! Within the first week of using this primer I noticed a significant difference in oil control, as Becca primer kept my face matte all day! Even though it is a small container, a little bit of product goes along way! Also it is clear so it leaves no tint under the foundation. I was concerned that it may dry out my face, as some oil control products do, but it did not dry my skin at all! I do however also use a oil control moisturizer which helps as well. This is defiantly one of the best primers I’ve ever used!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this primer but sadly feel quite disappointed. I stay matte for a couple of hours after applying this primer in the winter but was hoping it would last much longer. It goes on thick and feels like a paste on. It takes a lot of work to blend in but does look natural once make up is on. All in all an ok purchase but not an amazing one. Would not buy again.

on 12/8/2014 10:03:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Like it. Makes my pores look smaller. Really controls oiliness.

on 11/30/2014 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

My skin is far from perfect. Not only do I combination skin (normal on cheeks, VERY oily on nose and forehead), but my skin is also very sensitive and allergy-prone. I also have a genetic disease which has left me with redness and tiny bumps on my face.

I have tried so many primers. Even so-called oil control primers, don't keep me matte. I got a sample of this primer at Sephora with my points. I expected to be disappointed. But this primer is AMAZING! I have to admit, the texture of this primer is a little off-putting at first. It is very thick. But it absorbs quickly. I've used other primers that made my foundation difficult to apply. Not this one. It works amazingly well with my Mally Beauty Ultimate Performance foundation.

Even better, it keeps me matte, ALL DAY! Not 3 hours, not 5 hours. All day. It also hasn't irritated my extremely sensitive skin.

I think this primer is definitely worth the price. You get 40 ml. A little goes a really long way. Just a tiny dab is enough for my entire face. So this will last a long time. I will never use another primer.

I don't have dry skin, so I can't really comment on how it would work for someone with that type of skin. However, if you have oily or combination skin, run, don't walk, and get this primer. I promise you won't be sorry.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

THIS IS IT! I have finally found the product I've been looking for. I'm so happy I could cry tears of joy. I have EXTREMELY oily skin and has gotten worse overtime. I have tried everything. Every primer, every powder, you name it. Benefit Porefessional, Smashbox Photo Finish primer (horrible product), MUFE Loose Mattifying Powder, Urban Decay De-Slick setting spray & mattifying powder, and the list goes on and on! Nothing has ever worked for my oily skin. By the time I finished applying my makeup, my skin was already oily. Anyways, back to this wonderful product. I purchased it today at Sephora and was indeed prepared for disappointment since nothing has ever worked for my skin. I applied less than a pea-size amount after my moisturizer had set on my skin. Remember to pat this on since this primer is really thick. Once I finished applying my makeup I went back and applied the same amount on top. After an hour I looked in the mirror and was amazed. I touched my nose and cheeks and they were MATTE. No oil whatsoever!!! That has never happened before. My makeup looks flawless and I am excited to make this product my HG!

UPDATE 2/20/15
It has failed me. Whether I apply it before, or after or before AND after my foundation, I am still an oily mess in about an hour minimum. I'm so bummed!

Popular Primer/ Correctors