Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector

3.2

Water, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylene Glycol, Enantia Chlorantha Bark Extract, Oleanolic Acid.

on 6/28/2015 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I usually read other people's reviews before posting a review, but I thought this was SO HORRENDOUS that I have to post it right away! I bought this primer by impulse (I LOVE my hourglass primer) I just wanted something new to try. HUGE MISTAKE!!

Becca has some star products, but this has got to be the WORST! When you put it on it dried out my face sooooo badly. AND LEFT WHITE MARKS everywhere I applied it, even using a small amount! And also my face had ZERO dew left, it looked SO unnatural, and very aging because young skin is supposed to have a little bit of sheen. I have oily skin, and this made my skin look like it's DRY!!! I tried it for 3 days, all I got out of it was 2 huge very angry cystic pimples (the kind I got as a teenager!) This is going back to Sephora. Lesson learnt- If it aint broke, DONT FIX IT

on 6/13/2015 10:11:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The Ever-Matte Primer is extremely mattifying, but the texture is very hard to work with. It balls up when I start applying foundation over it, making it look like I have a lot of dead/flaky skin in the ares where I've applied it. Even when just used by itself, it doesn't really seem to absorb into the skin, it just kind of sits on top and looks/feels heavy.

It doesn't seem to increase the longevity of my foundation, either. I wouldn't buy this again. It does give a very matte appearance but I don't feel like that matters if it ends up making your skin look/feel worse in other ways.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Amazing for my oily/sensitive skin! NO BREAKOUTS! I cannot use a regular primer. Silicones just dont like my skin. This primer keeps me matte without fail. This is silicone free and helps keep my makeup on. LOVE IT. It is pricey and I wish the product was easier to get out of the tube. It is a little thick and can be hard to squeeze out. And a little does go along way!

on 5/11/2015 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've come to the conclusion that sales associates at sephora are useless....anywho, like many other reviewers have expressed here, this stuff doesn't do much. Whether I wear this under my foundation or not, I don't see much of a difference in oil control. It's also very difficult to apply. It's a clay like texture and if not warmed with your finger tips and applied fast, it will clump all over your face. You can find much better primers for half its price. Glad I only got a sample of this crap.

on 5/10/2015 2:02:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This primer was iffy for me. I cant lie, it worked to keep my skin matte. I have really oily skin and zero primers have worked to keep my skin matte. I use this after applying milk of magnesia and a bb cream (yes I put it on last). The thing is, its like its not meant to be put on first. So can you call it a primer? I have no idea... I like how it keeps my skin matte but I don't like the white cast it leaves behind if you don't put it on right. It looks like a dry powder on your face and with makeup UGH, even worse. I have to pat it on. Its like a spot treatment thing which I don't like because I cant rub this all over my face. If only there was something with the same effect as this Becca primer that I can rub all over my face. :-(

Oh I wouldn't buy it again because I don't want a "spot treatment" primer. Which is why the small bottle lasts a really long time. Ive had it since July of 2014 and we are now in May of 2015 and its still not done. I guess thats a plus?

on 4/8/2015 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've had the same tube of this stuff for about a year and there's a good reason behind that: it does absolutely nothing for me. It makes my skin feel somewhat tight for the first five minutes after application, but it does not mattify or control oil whatsoever. I've had MUCH better luck with Bioderma's Pore Refiner in all aspects. Glad that some people like this, but it was a miss for me. If you do end up trying this: you must warm it up between your fingers before patting it on or else it will be patchy and very hard to spread.

on 4/3/2015 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

When I first bought this product I loved this primer! After a while I found the primer got very thick and was not only hard to apply on the skin but also hard to squeeze out of the tube. Then the primer began to crack when it dried on my face, it also did not make my makeup last any longer than usual. I would not suggest this product to anyone.

on 3/22/2015 5:32:00 PM

This is far too drying for my combo skin, I am very shiny but also sometimes flaky in my t zone, and this exacerbated flakes, big time.

on 3/18/2015 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It's a good product if you know how to use it properly. I warm up a very small size of the product on my finger tips and just dab it on the most problematic parts of my face eg. T-zone and cheeks. However, I do use it AFTER I apply makeup to really help it set. It definitely does keep my oily-ness at bay during the day (around 4-5 hours without having to blot). I've noticed that if I don't use it after my makeup it becomes crazy gross so this product has really helped out.

TL;DR Super expensive but lasts for a long time because you don't need to use a lot. Keeps oily-ness at bay for more than 4 hours but better to dab it onto problem/most oily areas than the whole face.

on 2/9/2015 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This has become HG status for me, a pretty low-maintenance girl with very. Oily. Skin. I'm not the kind of girl who wears foundation every day, and I take the minimalist route of wearing blush and draw in my eyebrows about 5-6 days a week.

But now, every morning after my daily moisturizer, I put on a thin layer of the Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector. I've been using this primer for about a month now. I use it under foundation, under my CC cream, or just by itself. Usually my face turns into an oilfield within 2 hours, but with the PPP I can go about 5 hours before I see some shine. I still have to blot, but only once a day instead of 2-3 times now. And unlike when I wear foundation, I don't need to make two passes and do my "thorough makeup removal" with a Ponds wipe and a Clarisonic face scrubbing; just the Ponds wipe seems to work and doesn't make me break out! (The other primer I tried, the Monistat Chafing Relief gel, made me break out unless I deep-cleaned my pores every time after I wear it.) They're both made of silicones, so the Becca primer must be made of some silicones that go gentler on my skin. Whatever it is, I'm digging it. This is the only primer I've ever used that I would repurchase.