August 2, 2014 | 1088 users online

Eye Shadow - Mary Kay - Vintage Gold shadow

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 12:24:00 PM More reviews by katyrenae16

By far my favorite eyeshadow EVER. I use it everyday. I have green eyes, and it makes them stand out and look brighter. I love how easy this eyeshadow goes on. Honestly, I've been applying this with my ring finger instead of a brush and I think it looks so much better! Lasts a long time, doesn't crease as long as you use an eyeshadow primer. LOVE IT.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 5:01:00 AM More reviews by Shanplum

Absolutely gorgeous and a must have for hazel eyed girls - really brings out the green/ambery tones. Creamy buttery smooth shadow with smooth pigmentation - the perfect blend of shimmery (but not glittery) dirty bronze, brassy gold and olive green. Love this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 2:22:00 AM More reviews by curlyjo1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Beautifl color. It's a dark gold and is a huge favorite of mine. It works with brown, black or taupe eyeliners - just gorgeous!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2010 11:43:00 PM More reviews by lucyann36

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like lighter makeup, and this is a fantastic accent color for me. Sometimes I apply it wet as a liner, as well. Goes on smooth and doesn't flake for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2010 3:03:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

This is a gold-khaki color with shimmer. Identical to MAC's tempting and also mark's Gioia. I've owned all at the same time and I do not like this color on me at all. I just cannot seem to pull off that "antique gold" color. The color is buildable and staying power is great with the MK eye primer. The actual product is quite small but somewhat inexpensive. I personally will not purchase this again just because the color is not "me".

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2010 2:55:00 AM More reviews by marmaloa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So sad they're DC'd this line of shadows. I like them a lot. This color is very deep/dark gold. Almost a brown. It look great over a matte brown shadow. They're about 99 cents on ebay and whatever shipping is

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2008 10:29:00 AM More reviews by jd-jd

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

VIntage Gold is a tarnished gold, sort of a gold-khaki, rather like a darker version of MAC's Handforged khol pencil. It is dark. I use this as an accent color with Spun Silk (pinkish beige) and Hazelnut (pale cocoa brown.)

Right now, MK has dc'ed their Signature line in favor of a new mineral line. So you can pick these up from a rep with a lot of leftovers or on Ebay. (I AM NOT A MK REP btw.)

They come in a flat, half rounded oblong, with a sliding plastic cover. They are meant to go in one of several Signature palettes (a small palette like an eyeshadow or blush case, a makeup palette with space for 3 to 5 of these or a big travel case with space for many of them.) You can also use it as a single and use the plastic cover.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2007 12:46:00 AM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a very pretty color and I think it's a warmer color than a neutral, but not so warm that it's unwearable for cooler tones. It's actually closer to a shimmery olive/khaki than a gold; kind of similar to the Khaki QuickEyes by Clinique shadow color. My favorite use for this is in the crease, or over a bronze or brown eyeliner to smoke and shade it. It really brings out the green and gold in my hazel green eyes. Mary Kay Eyeshadows are very high quality and even though I have oily lids, they last all day without creasing, without a primer. They are very well pigmented, too - this one especially is comparable to MAC, UD or NYX because it's very highly pigmented. The only downside to Mary Kay eyeshadows is the blasted packaging. I hate the refillable system and the shapes of the refills themselves. I prefer to keep my E/S separate and store them by color family, not in palettes, and I never use the blush or the lipstick part of the Mary Kay palettes; the blush or dual eyeshadow refills are not stackable and take up too much space. All of the palette refill cases from MK are bulky and inconvenient. They should make them more streamlined, better shaped (round), and give customers the option of buying in singles, palettes, or in a multi-palette for customers who want to pair with blush or lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2007 5:32:00 PM More reviews by esmeraldas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The quality is great, it stays on all day without creasing (I hate that!) and when applied it goes on really smooth, and it's really easy to apply. But for me, the color was too sheer. I have medium olive skin, & I like colors with more pigment, and this one was not pigmented enough and lacked shimmer. It's good for day-time use if you like barley-there shadows. And I wish it came in it's own little compact, instead of in the pan with that plastic slide cover thing. :) It tends to break in my purse if I don't have it in a compact.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2006 12:26:00 PM More reviews by coutureisqueen

This color is so gorgeous! It's a shimmery beautiful rich gold. I find the staying power to be a 4 out of 5-I usually have to reapply midway through the day. But the little package is so easy to carry around and slide open. However mine cracked up into little pieces after I hit bottom in the middle so I have stopped using it :( It's a bummer because I would wear that color everyday. Great price too. I'd repurchase!