August 23, 2014 | 1765 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Fergie Eye Shadow Palette in Desert Festival

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2014 9:23:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

I simply love this trio. As, it has a mix of neutrals and darker shades within it as well. Thete is so many fun eye looks that you can do with this palette. Plus, all the colors blend well and last all day on my eyes (and I hapoen to have oily eyelids by the way).

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by mariab79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pigmentation on some of the shades not great but still good value.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2014 12:41:00 AM More reviews by s13n9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This has been my most favorite shadow to use for the last few months, even over my Smashbox and Bare Minerals. I wear this, and eeeverything, over my UD Shadow Primer, and this lasts all day. The first day I wore this, I was so impressed that it didn't crease, didn't disappear, nothing.
Besides the wonderful staying power of this, I find hardly any fallout and the colors in this palette in particular, are gorgeous. The shimmer orange in this is my favorite color and turned out to be so wooonderfully flattering. I had no idea I would love this orange/peach color as much as I do but now i can't live without it and i'm thinking about buying another palette before I can't find it anymore.
I'm giving this 4 out of 5 only because the light shimmer color is more of a base color and not really a highlight color or a stand alone color, but i like to use it to cut down colors. Also, this isn't as easy to blend as the higher end brands, but for less than 5 bucks, this is a huuuge value!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Rsanzio

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like the colors of this shadow and really wanted them to work. They are far superior in quality to the UD Nakeds, but that's a pretty low bar to clear. Some colors are nicer in quality and texture than others, but as a palate I don't think they will work for a lot of people.

PROS

- Very pretty complementary colors
- Good texture, esp for DS shadow, not a lot of flaking
- Nice combination of mattes and light shimmers
- Not too sparkly so they can be worn by any age group
- The mattes (dark brown & rust colored) are heavily pigmented
- Blend well together on my hand and look quite beautiful

CONS

- No light color for highlighting, but these are quite dramatic colors and really need one
- The shimmery colors (tan, orange & brown) have to be piled on to get much color at all, and by the time you're done if you've got any texture in your skin it is highlighted
- Need pretty smooth skin to get them to blend well. As I said, nice on the hand, not so nice on my lids, regardless of how well I primed.

If you've got baby's bottom lids these may work well for you, though the poorly pigmented shimmers will still be problematic. Anyone with much texture in their skin is going to have to work to get them to all play well together, although the two matte shadows are nice on their own. As a palate, however, they are not very forgiving.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2013 1:44:00 AM More reviews by cathykl

Awful. Imagine trying to use chalk as eyeshadow - minus the colour pay off chalk would have. I was hoping this would be as smooth, blendable and pigmented as the regular WnW eyeshadows. I have 3 Fergie Palettes and I notice that only the centre dark shade shows up pretty well. The other dark shades around the centre showed up on my eyes with repeated layering & primer. . . the rest were dusty, too glittery, cheap quality and so sheer I had to squint to see if there really was anything on my eyes. I own a lot of different eyeshadows and they are all easier to apply than this one.

Don't waste your money - get the regular WnW single, 3 or 8 pc pans which are amazing - pigmented, easy to blend and buttery soft. This was so flimsy, dry and junky I started having flashbacks of first trying out the em cosmetics eyeshadows - blegh. I can't recommend this to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2013 1:25:00 AM More reviews by Layni1006

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried three of the four Fergie palettes when these first came out, and this was the only keeper for me. This palette is not as pigmented and vibrant as the Color Icon palettes. I like the finish though; more matte and satin than the frostiness of the Color Icon colors. These colors go together well, pretty fool-proof. I will not rebuy, because while I don't regret the purchase, these are not the easiest shadows to work with. They are kind of stiff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

I'm totally loving this palette!!

The colors are great and blendable!

I use a primer with all my shadows so I cannot tell you how they are w/out a primer. But I did swatch them on my hand and they seem pretty good!

All the colrs are super pretty and the pigmentation of the burnt orange is iffy as far as staying power but primer helps out with that.

The finishes of these shadows are I love that matte and shimmer a lot! Just a all around beautiful palette that makes my brown eyes stand out.....total repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by traviesa60

I hate this pallet it's not pigmented I wouldn't recommend this even do I tried it woth nyx jumbo pencil in milk is hard to see the colors

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by AlisiaL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been eyeing the Wet n Wild Fergie Center Stage Collection eye shadow palette for months now and finally Walgreen's had a special BOGO for specifically the Fergie Collection. The colors of the Desert Festival eye shadow were very unique and pretty summer shades with a nice mix of matte, satin, and shimmer eye shadow finishes. The texture was very smooth and glided on my eyelids with ease plus I was sure to use a primer before so the colors stood out even more.
I think the only complaint I have about the Desert Festival palette was the pigmentation of the burnt orange color. I loved that it was matte and had a nice texture but I had to put on 3 or 4 layers on the corners of my eyes to make the orange really stand out. All the other shades were nicely pigmented and really made my brown eyes stand out. Over all I am kind of torn if I would buy again and it also depends if the Fergie collection is a permanent offering from Wet n Wild.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

The shadows aren't as nice of quality as my Tarte or Mac shadows, but for $4.99 the shadows are pretty decent. They don't have the softness of the color-icons from wet n' wild, but they still work nicely. I really think this palette has some unique colors and I really wanted it for the orange shadows. I really enjoy using the burnt-orange shadow to apply to my crease. So far I haven't done too much experimentation with this palette, but I think it is a good addition to my makeup arsenal. I think it was good purchase and while the 4 lippies I gave this aren't like the same 4 lippies or 5 lippies I would give certain shadows that are awesome awesome awesome....I think this palette is better than 3 lippies as I reserve that for stuff I don't hate, but don't love. 3 lippies is reserved for meh purchases....for me this is not a meh purchase. I just don't want to imply this product is as high quality as Tarte or Mac shadows. It isn't, but it is good for a drugstore eyeshadow....I usually think drugstore eyeshadows are junk.