Wet 'n' Wild Fergie Photo Op Palette - Desert Festival

3.4

on 5/4/2015 9:42:00 PM

the eye shadow was very low in pigmentation... the orange and penny copper and middle brown are the only ones I get any real use out of...even with a primer!! I love the idea of the colors...the palette itself is a really gorgeous concept, however the quality of shadow isn't worth a repurchase in my opinion. definitely not the same formula used in the color icon trios.

on 3/11/2015 4:37:00 PM

What. The. Frak! I have been out of the loop with Wet N Wild, I can see...This is a great little collection of eye shadows! There's a warm, matte orange, a shimmery peachy-tan, a sparkly light orange-tan, a sparkly charcoal color and a matte dark, dark brown. The color pay off is amazing. It's very pigmented and goes on smoothly and blended well for me, even using my cheap ELF brushes. I would compare this to UD Naked Palette as far as color pigmentation, maybe even a little better. It lasted all day for me, using ELF primer on my lids. I have dark brown hair, brown eyes and a warm undertone and these colors worked great on me. I can't believe how nice Wet n Wild eye shadows are now. The last time I used them I was in High School and they've really improved. I would definitely buy this again, especially considering this was $4.00 at Walgreens with a BOGO half off sale. Bravo, Wet N Wild!

I got this in one of my ipsy bags last year and it's so pigmented!! I don't use the orange shades as much as the neutrals though. I wish the packaging would open all the way back because it's very inconvenient. but it's a great palette overall!

on 8/13/2014 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I simply love this trio. As, it has a mix of neutrals and darker shades within it as well. Thete is so many fun eye looks that you can do with this palette. Plus, all the colors blend well and last all day on my eyes (and I hapoen to have oily eyelids by the way).

on 1/13/2014 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Pigmentation on some of the shades not great but still good value.

on 1/9/2014 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This has been my most favorite shadow to use for the last few months, even over my Smashbox and Bare Minerals. I wear this, and eeeverything, over my UD Shadow Primer, and this lasts all day. The first day I wore this, I was so impressed that it didn't crease, didn't disappear, nothing.
Besides the wonderful staying power of this, I find hardly any fallout and the colors in this palette in particular, are gorgeous. The shimmer orange in this is my favorite color and turned out to be so wooonderfully flattering. I had no idea I would love this orange/peach color as much as I do but now i can't live without it and i'm thinking about buying another palette before I can't find it anymore.
I'm giving this 4 out of 5 only because the light shimmer color is more of a base color and not really a highlight color or a stand alone color, but i like to use it to cut down colors. Also, this isn't as easy to blend as the higher end brands, but for less than 5 bucks, this is a huuuge value!

on 1/1/2014 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like the colors of this shadow and really wanted them to work. They are far superior in quality to the UD Nakeds, but that's a pretty low bar to clear. Some colors are nicer in quality and texture than others, but as a palate I don't think they will work for a lot of people.

PROS

- Very pretty complementary colors
- Good texture, esp for DS shadow, not a lot of flaking
- Nice combination of mattes and light shimmers
- Not too sparkly so they can be worn by any age group
- The mattes (dark brown & rust colored) are heavily pigmented
- Blend well together on my hand and look quite beautiful

CONS

- No light color for highlighting, but these are quite dramatic colors and really need one
- The shimmery colors (tan, orange & brown) have to be piled on to get much color at all, and by the time you're done if you've got any texture in your skin it is highlighted
- Need pretty smooth skin to get them to blend well. As I said, nice on the hand, not so nice on my lids, regardless of how well I primed.

If you've got baby's bottom lids these may work well for you, though the poorly pigmented shimmers will still be problematic. Anyone with much texture in their skin is going to have to work to get them to all play well together, although the two matte shadows are nice on their own. As a palate, however, they are not very forgiving.

on 11/15/2013 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Awful. Imagine trying to use chalk as eyeshadow - minus the colour pay off chalk would have. I was hoping this would be as smooth, blendable and pigmented as the regular WnW eyeshadows. I have 3 Fergie Palettes and I notice that only the centre dark shade shows up pretty well. The other dark shades around the centre showed up on my eyes with repeated layering & primer. . . the rest were dusty, too glittery, cheap quality and so sheer I had to squint to see if there really was anything on my eyes. I own a lot of different eyeshadows and they are all easier to apply than this one.

Don't waste your money - get the regular WnW single, 3 or 8 pc pans which are amazing - pigmented, easy to blend and buttery soft. This was so flimsy, dry and junky I started having flashbacks of first trying out the em cosmetics eyeshadows - blegh. I can't recommend this to anyone.

on 8/30/2013 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I tried three of the four Fergie palettes when these first came out, and this was the only keeper for me. This palette is not as pigmented and vibrant as the Color Icon palettes. I like the finish though; more matte and satin than the frostiness of the Color Icon colors. These colors go together well, pretty fool-proof. I will not rebuy, because while I don't regret the purchase, these are not the easiest shadows to work with. They are kind of stiff.

on 7/19/2013 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm totally loving this palette!!

The colors are great and blendable!

I use a primer with all my shadows so I cannot tell you how they are w/out a primer. But I did swatch them on my hand and they seem pretty good!

All the colrs are super pretty and the pigmentation of the burnt orange is iffy as far as staying power but primer helps out with that.

The finishes of these shadows are I love that matte and shimmer a lot! Just a all around beautiful palette that makes my brown eyes stand out.....total repurchase!