September 18, 2014 | 1912 users online

Moisturizers - Palmer's - Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Daily Calming Facial Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by archielester

MY HOLY GRAIL MOISTURISER!!!! I have been using this moisturiser for 2 years now both morning and night - I can honestly say that I am in love with everything about this product.

Texture: It is a light cream that absorbs really fast into the skin. It is by no means overly thick. It is just the right consistency because it allows your skin to feel nicely moisturised without feeling saturated with a heavy cream.

Results: I use this product without fail morning and night - in the morning I then add a separate SPF on top. I have found the ingredients to work amazingly with my normal/combination/sensitive skin. It is soothing but also really over time perfects the surface of the skin (I believe its because of the coco content that it reduces the appearance of marks and pigmentation.) I am never without this product nor have I had any desire to change to a different one.

I am a massive cheerleader for this product. On my advice, my sister has been using this for 1 year and will not use anything else morning or night. Whilst we have very similar skin types, I do believe the mildness and ingredients of this product would work for most skin types. I tend to buy this product in bulk when it is on offer in Superdrug.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by aswasit

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this since I had such good luck with the facial oil but it stung so bad around my eye area that I couldn't use it. Not only did it make the skin around my eyes burn and also made my actual eyes feel like they were on fire. I have never had a moisturizer do that before and I can't figure out what in the ingredients would cause that. Other than that it did feel good on the rest of my skin for the short time I had it on.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by CheshireCat88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product lasts for months and months and is light enough for the day time but moisterizing enough to last the day. It goes on lovely and smooth and sinks in within 10 minutes or so, after using this product for a few months I began to notice that immediately after applying it would sting around my eye area where the skin is sensitive and dry. It appeared to by irritating my dry skin and making it red, which really is the opposite of its purpose. So i had to stop using it and chucked it out before replacing it with a Clinique moisterizer, I wouldn't buy this again for that reason but for people with normal skin I would reccommend it as it skins in quickly and lasts for ages.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by wickedcheese

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

For one, I need to say that I am deathly afraid of wearing moisturisers because I am scared of break outs (I had acne when I was a teen, not anymore now but the fear lingers) and have honestly never worn one in my entire life (not very good at this skin care routine thing :/ ), until I realized that my makeup was dry and patchy below my eyes and around my nose because I never applied moisturiser before make up. Doh!

So after admitting to myself that I can't go without one any longer, I plucked up the courage to try and find a moisturiser that did what it promised, doesn't leave an oily feeling and absorbed quickly. And I'm so relieved this one nailed it. There is no weird smell, I don't have to apply a lot for it to do the job, and I could not only use this before make up, but also at night after removing make up and washing my face with Eucerin's white therapy gentle cleansing gel before sleep, without having to worry about waking up the next day with extremely oily skin.

I wear this under the Etude House CC cream in no.1 silky and MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC35 (or L'Oreal Lucent Magique Light Infusing Foundation in N7, I switch between these two), followed by Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow Mood Boosting Bronzer and Daiso Blush in orange. It's been 2 months, and the dry patches on my face have not reappeared. I've asked my mom to try it, and she is pretty impressed with it as she's got a fear of oily moisturisers too, so she got one for herself as well. I think it's safe to say I'll not switch to another moisturiser in future, and I might just get real upset if they discontinue it. This is really great. I already use their concentrated cream for hands/elbows/knees/feet, but to now realize they make a great face moisturiser that does what it's supposed to do, just blows me away. Amazing. I'm so happy with this, I'm gonna try all their other products now.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 4:35:00 AM More reviews by Karis13

Been using this product for around 5 weeks and i honestly love it. Before I started using it my face was extremely dry and very spotty (due to an allergic reaction to a previous brand of skin care ild been using!) within days of using this I could see a difference. I use this along with the entire skin are range by palmers and I've found my skin is in the best condition it's been in for the last few years. I have very dry, sensitive skin and this works wonders!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by taurusdragonfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this moisturizer for e year and I really like it. My combination skin feels great all day after applying a pea-sized amount in the morning and there's no extra oiliness at the end of the day. It goes on smoothly and feels light; quickly absorbing. There's no smell and the tube lasts a long time since I only need a small amount. It works perfectly under makeup - powder or liquid - without causing any oxidizing or unevenness. I don't suffer from redness, but my skin can be sensitive and this doesn't bother me at all - just feels perfectly hydrated. Strong recommend