July 31, 2014 | 2139 users online

Lip Treatments - Soap & Glory - A Great Kisser

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by LockMorgan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

LOVE LOVE LOVE. I have this one in coconut whatever, and it is literally perfect. Perfect consistency, wonderful smell, THE ACTUAL BEST. I personally like the metal tin thing, which has a ton of product, because I know I'll be able to get all the product out. It's super moisturizing, and lasts a long time. I put it in my back pocket and sat on it hard though, so the lid doesn't stay on as well, but that's my bad (and makes me sad).

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Staaarlit

Update (July 15): This is essentially a prettier (and, arguably, somewhat more beneficial because of the oils it contains) alternative to your vaseline. I've found that it works best when layered over my (moisturizing or hydrating) lip balm. The reason for not using this on my bare lips is because it doesn't provide extra moisture to my lips (maybe it will for some of you); it only helps prevent my lips from losing moisture, and because my lips are super ultra sensitive and prone to dryness, I need something much more hydrating/moisturizing.

Because it contains mineral oil --an emollient-- it safeguards my lips from losing moisture while leaving my lips feeling quite soft and looking semi plump. This plumping effect + the glossy appearance helps to reduce the looks of fine lines on my lips.

Bottom Line: Formula is definitely sticky, though not greasy. Not as moisturizing as I would expect from looking at the ingredients list (mango seed extract, apricot kernel oil, vitamin e, lingonberry oil, shea butter = wow!). However, as promised, it is long lasting, and it does protect against moisture loss, provide weather protection, and seem adequate in renewing dewiness to the lips.

I will continue to use it as a top coat over my favorite lip balms for that extra layer and to lock in moisture. Not sure if I will repurchase. I like that it works awesome as a top coat, but it's kind of a blah (for lack of a better word) product for $10, and it's in a pot. Meh.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bought this from Sephora for $10 in Juicy Peach.
Have only used it on several occasions, so I can't say what the long term benefits are. Here's the quick takeaway though:

Cons:
+ Hate the packaging. To have to dunk my finger in every time is just so gross and unhygienic. I either use a q-tip if I have one at hand, or I use the back of my finger to scoop it to hopefully minimize the spread of germs.
+ $10 bucks is pretty expensive, but this is really a one time purchase. On the plus side, there is a lot of product in one container, so I think it's going to last a fair amount of time.
+ Too sticky at the first touch and upon application.

Pros:
+ Smells so good and tastes sweet and peachy. What a delicious lip balm!
+ The sticky, waxy feel provides a very thick layer of protection on the lips --great at immediately relieving any dryness or peeling (a common issue of mine). It helps prevent me from constantly picking at my lips.
+ Remains on lips for a fairly long time compared to most other lip balms (eg. Burt's Bees, EOS, Nivea)
+ The stickiness does soften and the product melts into the lips over time, due to heat and friction when you're rubbing your lips together.

My lips are always dry and peeling, and my habit of picking at it only worsens the problem. I have tons of lip balms, but they usually fade after 15-30 minutes after application, and none actually prevents me from picking my lips. I will test this lip balm out for an entire week using nothing, but this balm to see how well it works. Will update then!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by mirameia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Finally, a moisturizing lip balm that WORKS for my stubborn dry lips. Nothing worked for my lips. I've tried from the highly raved Keihl's to high-end Korres to the simpler ones like Nivea or Vaseline, nothing worked or lasted for my lips. Tried natural remedies like drinking more water, lips still dry and chappy. I came across this lip balm thanks to MUA's reviews and gave it a go; my lips has never chapped ever since. So moisturizing, so yummy, such JOY. I scrubbed my lips once a week and then slather this on after, I literally felt like kissing everybody. Lips were so soft. Because it works so well for me, I don't mind about the price or the packaging. Now I only wish it'll come out with more shades! And please, PLEASE for the love of all things that works, don't discontinue this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by boyforever

love this product. smell nice. a bit sticky but it comes with a reason. stay on the whole day! smells nice n 18g for the price. i am a lip balm addict n this one is my holy grail !!! hurray

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Sophiee1806

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought the peach flavour a couple of months ago, i think it's a great lip balm, is so moisturising, i think the price is alright.
however it is quite sticky, and since its in a tin its even worse. i hate germs as much as the next person, which is why this lip balm would be so much better and sanitary if it was a tube, squeeze or roll-up. its even worse if you're friends with that one person who never has lip balm and is always asking other people!
the smell is amazing too!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by katayoun

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This smells amazing and smooths lips. My lips were constantly peeling until I purchased this balm. I have tried everything. Two negatives... 1) price-- too expensive: 2) packaging-- it's in a tub, so I don't feel like I can apply it unless I literally just washed my hands (given the consistency, I'm not sure how else this should be packaged). Overall, I like it :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2014 6:46:00 AM More reviews by allthecolours

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The longevity of this lip balm is good because it's very tacky/sticky. So it leaves your lips looking nice and glossy for a good while. It also manages to make my lips look plumper, unsure of how but it does! I have the colour peach which is almost colourless but leaves a really subtle hint of peach to the lips. Smells very sweet - quite sickly and synthetic. I don't find it to be particularly moisturizing...as mentioned before, it's really tacky/sticky so just sits on the lips. I like it due to the staying power but other than that there is nothing great about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Obsessedwithcosmetics

This balm puts all my other lip balms to shame, literally, and trust me, I have a lot (yes, I have an addiction to lip balm, guilty as charged). This is my first ever soap and glory product and, oh my, what a great find! I adore the peachy scent and taste as well as the milky ultra glossy effect it has on my lips when applied generously, making them look plump, full and hiding lines and flaws, similarly to Lancome's juicy tubes. And it is hydrating!! My lips are now velvety smooth. And I enjoy the vintage tin can packaging packed with product. It is worth every penny.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Skye555

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After reading good reviews here, I decided to try this lip balm. It's currently available in peach, vanilla or peppermint. I purchased the peach. The color is a translucent peach. On more pigmented lips (like mine), if you layer the balm a bit too much it can show up a tad milky colored. It smells like peaches, and the balm has a nice sweet taste. I found it very moisturizing and loved the texture and staying power, but my only problem was the peach scent. The scent is very similar to The Body Shop's Vineyard Peach line. (I have TBS's Vineyard Peach body butter and the scent reminded me a bit too much of it.) That said, it is a bit of an artificial scent and, to me, is rather off-putting. The packaging is cute, but I'm not really a fan of dipping my fingers in balms. I dropped the tin once and it landed on my laminate floor and got dented, so it's not the sturdiest packaging either. I really like the texture and the taste is pleasant. I think it's very moisturizing. I'd consider purchasing it in another flavor, however, I will not repurchase the peach.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2013 8:39:00 AM More reviews by Bianca1021

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I bought this in peach at sephora and I was super excited because I love soap and glory products. I was sooooo disappointed because it says it's a lip treatment but it's not. It sits on top of your lips and doesn't hydrate at all. It also makes my lips feel tacky and leaves a residue which is not attractive lol. I also wish this product came in a tube so it wasn't so sticky and unhygienic to apply. The smell of this lip balm was delicious though! When I licked my lips, it had a yummy taste so yay for yummy. It also had a pretty peach tint which looked super pretty in the summer. Overall, I wouldn't buy this again because I can just buy a peachy lip gloss for cheaper that has better quality.