Bumble & Bumble Surf Creme Rinse

3.8

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Macrocystis Pyrifera (Kelp) Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Magnesium Sulfate, Ceteareth-20, Glycerin, Arachidyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Chloride, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-70, Polyquaternium-11, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Dipropylene Glycol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Linalool, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Phenoxyethanol.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This review is for both the Bumble & Bumble Surf Foam Wash and Bumble & Bumble Surf Creme Rinse. I got the samples from Sephora. Well it definitely does what it says. My hair gets frizzy and dry easily, but when I used this duo my hair was full of volume and texture, and it was also silky smooth at the same time. I really liked it. They both smell great. But a day later my hair looked oily so I went back to my PM shampoo and conditioner.

I think this duo should be used for special occasions and not daily. So if you want beachy hair for a day, then I would suggest these two products.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This review is for the Surf shampoo & conditioner combo, because together, I love them, but used separately, they don't seem like anything special. When used together, they leave my hair with amazing body and volume, even over second and third day hair (as compared to my normal and more moisturizing shampoo and conditioner), although, I wouldn't say they do much for developing my natural wave or with really softening or conditioning my hair...they do well enough that my hair isn't hating life though. Using the combo, my hair also seems to be able to go longer without looking oily between washes. The shampoo is easy on my temperamental scalp, which is a big deal for me. I don't find the conditioner to be all that remarkable, especially when compared to my heavy hitters (Oribe and Neutrogena), but it does well enough that my long, damaged and highlighted hair does alright with detangling. I feel like over time, this combo might dry out hair, but I usually just use on the weekend, when I really want amazing hair. The rest of the week, I stick with my usual s/c and wash every other day. While I'll pass on the rest of the "Surf" line, I'll definitely be buying this combo again.

If you want natural waves, but not crunchy waves! Then this is for you! I have flat, dull, lifeless hair and whenever I use this product on my hair it gives it the perfect amount of life and lift it needs! Its perfect because its like the salt spray, but it doesnt leave your hair crunchy! I am going to leave a link below so you can get your moneys worth for the product!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a lightweight conditioner that isn't really emollient enough for my highlighted, blonde hair. The scent is the same as the Surf shampoo, and they are meant to be used together. You can do this, but I find that using either Surf Spray or Surf Infusion alone will accomplish that beachy salt-texturized look for me, and I don't feel that it's necessary to use the entire system. At $27 for 8.5 ounces, it's priced beyond what is reasonable for my budget. However, I will buy the styling sprays.

INGREDIENTS:

-Conditioning Blend (Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Chloride and Polyquaternium-11): Conditions and detangles hair.
-Mineral Blend (Magnesium Sulfate and Sodium Chloride): Helps give hair soft, beachy texture.
-Sea Botanical Blend (Crithmum Maritimum (Sea Fennel) Extract and Macrocystis Pyrifera (Kelp) Extract): Hydrate and soften.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I use the entire "Surf" collection and I really like it. This softens up my hair very nicely.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I do love Bumble & Bumble as a brand in general, but this whole Surf theme/line of products I feel is a bit gimmicky. I have not tried the salt spray, and feel that maybe if these products are all used together to achieve the beachy/wavy look, maybe it works? However, I am basing this review only on the conditioner itself as an everyday conditioner. It's run of the mill at best with a way bigger price tag. I did style my hair straight after use. Sometimes when I style my hair straight (especially if using a flat iron) it can feel greasy with buildup by the next day, This product is a bit more lightweight, but lacking those hydrating properties conditioners are supposed to contain. Not running out to repurchase, but not out of the question, either!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've already written a review on this shampoo, but the conditioner, well it wasn't entirely even better. Both left my hair completely knotted and I had to wash my hair the next day, when usually I would have gone two or three... Disappointing to say the least.

Loved the smell and texture of this BUT... as I said for the shampoo, it makes your hair very knotty. My hair was unmanageable by the next day.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

So not gonna lie, bought this stuff after liking the packaging and concept of a salt based conditioner that evokes that "day at the beach" hair. Does it do the latter? For me, not particularly. I still need the surf salt spray styler to accomplish that look. But I'm still hooked on this conditioner because it conditions well without weighing hair down or leaving product buildup. It also smells friggin FANTASTIC - salt watery clean and light. Hair is left soft and manageable. It's not the deepest of conditioners so if you're hair is fried or way damaged this likely wont be the optimal product for you. Otherwise it's great stuff and my favorite of the moment!

A hairdresser at a Bumble-sponsored salon gave me samples of this, telling me that it was perfect for my very-thick, wavy hair. I mentioned in my shampoo review that I've used high-end hair products before and with a few exceptions, found them no different than other hair products, though packaging is usually sleeker.

The conditioner had a nice texture, not too thick, a bit like a gelatin (but I think that's like all conditioners), and it untangles hair very nicely in the shower. Afterwards, my hair felt light, bouncy, but not really wavier. As the day went on, my hair stayed light and bouncy, but again, not wavier.

A nice product, in short, but not worth $30. Back to Suave Moroccan Oil Shine.

Top Rated Bumble & Bumble Products