Bumble & Bumble Surf Creme Rinse

3.4

on 8/9/2015 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a lightweight conditioner that isn't really emollient enough for my highlighted, blonde hair. The scent is the same as the Surf shampoo, and they are meant to be used together. You can do this, but I find that using either Surf Spray or Surf Infusion alone will accomplish that beachy salt-texturized look for me, and I don't feel that it's necessary to use the entire system. At $27 for 8.5 ounces, it's priced beyond what is reasonable for my budget. However, I will buy the styling sprays.

INGREDIENTS:

-Conditioning Blend (Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Chloride and Polyquaternium-11): Conditions and detangles hair.
-Mineral Blend (Magnesium Sulfate and Sodium Chloride): Helps give hair soft, beachy texture.
-Sea Botanical Blend (Crithmum Maritimum (Sea Fennel) Extract and Macrocystis Pyrifera (Kelp) Extract): Hydrate and soften.

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Macrocystis Pyrifera (Kelp) Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Magnesium Sulfate, Ceteareth-20, Glycerin, Arachidyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Chloride, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-70, Polyquaternium-11, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Dipropylene Glycol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Linalool, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I use the entire "Surf" collection and I really like it. This softens up my hair very nicely.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I do love Bumble & Bumble as a brand in general, but this whole Surf theme/line of products I feel is a bit gimmicky. I have not tried the salt spray, and feel that maybe if these products are all used together to achieve the beachy/wavy look, maybe it works? However, I am basing this review only on the conditioner itself as an everyday conditioner. It's run of the mill at best with a way bigger price tag. I did style my hair straight after use. Sometimes when I style my hair straight (especially if using a flat iron) it can feel greasy with buildup by the next day, This product is a bit more lightweight, but lacking those hydrating properties conditioners are supposed to contain. Not running out to repurchase, but not out of the question, either!

on 4/1/2014 4:20:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've already written a review on this shampoo, but the conditioner, well it wasn't entirely even better. Both left my hair completely knotted and I had to wash my hair the next day, when usually I would have gone two or three... Disappointing to say the least.

on 12/28/2013 10:52:00 PM

Loved the smell and texture of this BUT... as I said for the shampoo, it makes your hair very knotty. My hair was unmanageable by the next day.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

So not gonna lie, bought this stuff after liking the packaging and concept of a salt based conditioner that evokes that "day at the beach" hair. Does it do the latter? For me, not particularly. I still need the surf salt spray styler to accomplish that look. But I'm still hooked on this conditioner because it conditions well without weighing hair down or leaving product buildup. It also smells friggin FANTASTIC - salt watery clean and light. Hair is left soft and manageable. It's not the deepest of conditioners so if you're hair is fried or way damaged this likely wont be the optimal product for you. Otherwise it's great stuff and my favorite of the moment!

on 8/13/2013 9:20:00 PM

A hairdresser at a Bumble-sponsored salon gave me samples of this, telling me that it was perfect for my very-thick, wavy hair. I mentioned in my shampoo review that I've used high-end hair products before and with a few exceptions, found them no different than other hair products, though packaging is usually sleeker.

The conditioner had a nice texture, not too thick, a bit like a gelatin (but I think that's like all conditioners), and it untangles hair very nicely in the shower. Afterwards, my hair felt light, bouncy, but not really wavier. As the day went on, my hair stayed light and bouncy, but again, not wavier.

A nice product, in short, but not worth $30. Back to Suave Moroccan Oil Shine.

on 7/10/2013 12:43:00 PM

Very expensive, but it really does what it says! You almost don't need the surf spray after using this to get the beach waves. I bought the trial sizes, but maybe one day I can splurge on full sizes.

on 6/13/2013 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was skeptical, since no shampoo/conditioner combo ever gives my fine hair volume or lift, but THIS WORKS WONDERS! My hair is long, soft and straight, so I didn't expect this to give me crazy big curls, but paired with the Surf shampoo and spray it does give a lot of tousled soft texture and extra body. With this I'm able to air dry and hardly use any product at all (except from Surf Spray and a bit of Grooming Creme maybe) and my hair looks full and luscious! And since I'm using so little styling product, my hair stays clean for a longer time too which is a huuuuge bonus. This is gonna save my hair from heat styling damage and product overload, so I'm very thrilled. For volume and texture I'd recommend the Surf range over Thickening any time.

Top Rated Bumble & Bumble Products