Bumble & Bumble Surf Foam Wash

3.4

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This review is for both the Bumble & Bumble Surf Foam Wash and Bumble & Bumble Surf Creme Rinse. I got the samples from Sephora. Well it definitely does what it says. My hair gets frizzy and dry easily, but when I used this duo my hair was full of volume and texture, and it was also silky smooth at the same time. I really liked it. They both smell great. But a day later my hair looked oily so I went back to my PM shampoo and conditioner.

I think this duo should be used for special occasions and not daily. So if you want beachy hair for a day, then I would suggest these two products.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This review is for the Surf shampoo & conditioner combo, because together, I love them, but used separately, they don't seem like anything special. When used together, they leave my hair with amazing body and volume, even over second and third day hair (as compared to my normal and more moisturizing shampoo and conditioner), although, I wouldn't say they do much for developing my natural wave or with really softening or conditioning my hair...they do well enough that my hair isn't hating life though. Using the combo, my hair also seems to be able to go longer without looking oily between washes. The shampoo is easy on my temperamental scalp, which is a big deal for me. I don't find the conditioner to be all that remarkable, especially when compared to my heavy hitters (Oribe and Neutrogena), but it does well enough that my long, damaged and highlighted hair does alright with detangling. I feel like over time, this combo might dry out hair, but I usually just use on the weekend, when I really want amazing hair. The rest of the week, I stick with my usual s/c and wash every other day. While I'll pass on the rest of the "Surf" line, I'll definitely be buying this combo again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this product as a sample a few weeks ago and decided to try it this morning. I was super excited, I had read all the good reviews so I was expecting it to work, even on my long, thick, fine hair. I used both the shampoo and conditioner (note: they both did smell really good) and blew it dry using a diffuser, like the small packet instructed. My hair was about 3/4 dry when I began to run my hands through it and noticed my hair is now incredibly dry! Small sections of my hair even stuck together, as if there was glue in it. So needless to say, I am not a fan of this product and won't be purchasing a full size bottle. However, I don't know if this was my fault or the shampoo's, considering everyone else seems to love it.

I recently got a sample of this with the matching conditioner in my Birchbox subscription. I am a diehard fan of their Surf Spray. Everyday I style my hair by misting with Surf Spray while its wet, slightly scrunching, and letting it air dry. I have a lot of fine hair, so shampoo and conditioner easily weighs it down. Immediately after washing with the shampoo I noticed a difference from most other shampoos. My hair felt very light and feathery. It definitely added a little bit of curl, and I noticed a slight difference in texture. I'm going to use the sample a couple more times before buying the full size bottles.

I highly recommend this to someone who is looking for that messy, tousled look. I don't think that style is achieved without some kind of texture or sea salt spray, but this shampoo and conditioner definitely makes it easier.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Nice. I grabbed this to wash my hair with one night and was amazed at how curled my 4c hair was. Love this stuff- yes I'm repurchasing it very soon.
Update: dries the hair out making it feel like cement.

I got a sample of this product from Sephora and it was the small packets. I found there was not enough for my long hair, maybe enough for short to mid-length hair. I was interested to try it to see if it did anything more to my naturally wavy/curly hair. Nope, nothing. I prefer the BB Hairdresser's Oil Shampoo and Conditioner to control frizz.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

In spite of the pleasant ocean scent, and the fact that it cleans well, it's not my favorite shampoo and so therefore, at $25 for 8.5 ounces, I'd rather wash with a less expensive shampoo and spend my money on Surf Infusion, which is harder to dupe or replace than this nice shampoo. I probably won't buy this again, unless I win the lottery, but Bumble and Bumble has a lot of styling products I do like a lot and continue to buy.

INGREDIENTS:

-Mineral Blend (Magnesium Sulfate and Sodium Chloride): Helps give hair soft, beachy texture.
-Sea Botanical Blend (Crithmum Maritimum (Sea Fennel) Extract and Macrocystis Pyrifera (Kelp) Extract): Hydrates and softens.

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauramidopropyl Betaine, Magnesium Sulfate, Macrocystis Pyrifera (Kelp) Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Sodium Bisulfite, Glycerin, Polyquaternium-70, Polyquaternium-7, Sodium Chloride, Dipropylene Glycol, Edta, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Green 5 (CI 61570), Green 3 (CI 42053).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought full sizes of the entire "Surf" collection, and this shampoo is pretty good. I'm not gonna lie, it is essentially Not Your Mother's Beach Babe at a higher price, but I like using brand name stuff. This smells nice and makes my hair so clean! My hair is thick and naturally wavy, and using the entire line has really enhanced my waves and made them look so nice, I've actually stopped using flat irons and curling wands because I like my natural hair with Surf. I love this, but it is pricy.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love how this shampoo (used with the conditioner) makes my thick, wavy hair feel so light, clean and soft! I use this along with Tonic, Thickening Hairspray at the crown and Straight Blow Dry and don't need any finishing cream or serum. Amazing! Love the fragrance too!

I love this! Mind you, I only use this when I know I'm going for a beachy look. It is drying, so I wouldn't use it as your normal shampoo, but it's perfect when you want a beachy look. This in conjunction with the conditioner and salt spray make my limp hair nice and textured and beachy. I have some slight natural wave, and this amps it up!

Top Rated Bumble & Bumble Products