April 16, 2014 | 1961 users online

Shampoo - Bumble & Bumble - Surf Foam Wash

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2014 7:50:00 PM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this product, and was interested to try it to enhance my naturally wavy/curly hair. I usually blow dry my hair straight, but recently have been letting it dry au naturel to give it a break from heat styling. This shampoo made my hair really, really curly and added lots of body which would have been great had it not dried my hair out to the extent it looked a bit frazzled. This may work better with a leave in conditioner added after use.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Bclancy

Really, just your average shampoo. I haven't noticed that it gives my hair any more texture. While it hasn't left my hair terribly stripped of oils and tangled like some reviewers, I haven't found it to be very gentle or conditioning. Bumble Seaweed Shampoo and the Thickening Shampoo, while not HG, at least felt like they left my hair softer than this. I don't think I could tell the difference between this and an $0.88 bottle of Suave. It's really bad or anything, just not particularly impressive. For this kind of money, one ought to be able to find a product with a lot more bells and whistles.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Arrosynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Terrible. I have naturally wavy hair and thought this would help enhance the waves, NOPE. Instead it left me with a head full of knots and dry dry dry hair. Never again! Good thing I got the travel size shampoo and conditioner from my boss for free. Yeesh.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Lhegge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Edited 4/15-- After using consistently I found my hair too dry and very hard to comb through. There was also a significant amount of breakage after a couple weeks. It may be ok if used once a week or so but I couldn't continue using exclusively.
3/21--Loved this shampoo. Received a sample, got 2 uses out of it and had to order right away! My hair is very fine with just a little body, usually have to wash daily even though I use very little products, my scalp tends to produce more oil than I need. I usually let my hair air dry overnight and then I style in the AM with either a curling iron or straightener. Using the shampoo and conditioner together allowed for me to comb through with a wide toothed comb after letting it sit up in my Turbi Twist for a few minutes. I did as usual, allowing my hair to dry while I sleep and in the morning I freshened it with the Surf Spray and scrunched it a bit. It was the easiest, nicest, soft "undone" style I've ever been able to acheive. I don't find that my hair feels dry, but without the conditioner, I would have trouble detangling it. This is a very expensive shampoo and conditioner but it works for me and that I'm not having to heat style my hair every day makes it worth the money for me. I have gone to washing my hair every 3rd day now with no oily roots, no need for dry shampoo or a partial wash. I'm a happy customer!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by alina08

Love the smell of this. It is fun to use in the shower. However... this makes my fine, knotty hair knottier! Like horrifically knotty. So knotty I have to wash my hair the next day with a different shampoo. Not recommended for hair that easily tangles.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by jenniferashton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So not gonna lie, bought this stuff after liking the packaging and concept of a salt based shampoo that evokes that "day at the beach" hair. Does it do the latter? For me, not particularly. I still need the salt spray styler to accomplish that look. But I'm still hooked on this shampoo because it cleans well without weighing hair down or leaving product buildup. It also smells friggin FANTASTIC - salt watery clean and light. Hair is soft and manageable so I'm a devotee.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by mainlinediva2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Horrible. Didn't enhance my waves at all and left my usually healthy hair dried out. Do yourself a favor and skip this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by juliaesands

I got my hair cut at a Bumble and Bumble salon in Chicago and the hairdresser pushed me to try this shampoo and gave me two samples saying it was perfect for my curly hair. At this point in my life, I've tried high-end hair products and low-end products and aside from Kerastase Bain Satin 2 shampoo, I haven't found that the high-end did anything that a really good drugstore shampoo like Suave Moroccan Oil Shine couldn't do for $3 versus $35.

And this was just case in point. The shampoo had a wonderfully smooth texture and lather, and rinsed easily. I also felt that any knots in my hair got smoothed out very easily. The conditioner was very nice as well, and my hair dried soft and smooth, but without much extra wave or kink as one might expect from $60 worth of shampoo and conditioner to make hair "surfer-like". Back to Suave.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

I got a sample of the shampoo and conditioner and it left my hair with incredible body. It also held a wave a little more but not that much (I already have wavy hair with body). I was reluctant to try it because it seemed likely that it could make my hair too dry. It was well moisturized but prior to shampooing I conditioned my hair over night with Ojon restorative treatment so it is likely that it stayed well conditioned because of that. I wouldn't take this product too seriously.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by djleese

The new shampoo and conditioner in B&B's surf line are just okay. They smell great and the bottles are cute, but that's not good enough when they cost nearly $30 a pop. For me they did very little in the way of creating beachy hair or waves...at best they leave a matte finish which can be a good foundation for beachy hair if you use a curling iron.