Bumble & Bumble Surf Foam Wash

3.4

on 8/23/2015 8:36:00 PM

I got a sample of this product from Sephora and it was the small packets. I found there was not enough for my long hair, maybe enough for short to mid-length hair. I was interested to try it to see if it did anything more to my naturally wavy/curly hair. Nope, nothing. I prefer the BB Hairdresser's Oil Shampoo and Conditioner to control frizz.

on 8/9/2015 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

In spite of the pleasant ocean scent, and the fact that it cleans well, it's not my favorite shampoo and so therefore, at $25 for 8.5 ounces, I'd rather wash with a less expensive shampoo and spend my money on Surf Infusion, which is harder to dupe or replace than this nice shampoo. I probably won't buy this again, unless I win the lottery, but Bumble and Bumble has a lot of styling products I do like a lot and continue to buy.

INGREDIENTS:

-Mineral Blend (Magnesium Sulfate and Sodium Chloride): Helps give hair soft, beachy texture.
-Sea Botanical Blend (Crithmum Maritimum (Sea Fennel) Extract and Macrocystis Pyrifera (Kelp) Extract): Hydrates and softens.

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauramidopropyl Betaine, Magnesium Sulfate, Macrocystis Pyrifera (Kelp) Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Sodium Bisulfite, Glycerin, Polyquaternium-70, Polyquaternium-7, Sodium Chloride, Dipropylene Glycol, Edta, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Green 5 (CI 61570), Green 3 (CI 42053).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought full sizes of the entire "Surf" collection, and this shampoo is pretty good. I'm not gonna lie, it is essentially Not Your Mother's Beach Babe at a higher price, but I like using brand name stuff. This smells nice and makes my hair so clean! My hair is thick and naturally wavy, and using the entire line has really enhanced my waves and made them look so nice, I've actually stopped using flat irons and curling wands because I like my natural hair with Surf. I love this, but it is pricy.

on 9/4/2014 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love how this shampoo (used with the conditioner) makes my thick, wavy hair feel so light, clean and soft! I use this along with Tonic, Thickening Hairspray at the crown and Straight Blow Dry and don't need any finishing cream or serum. Amazing! Love the fragrance too!

on 8/21/2014 7:32:00 PM

I love this! Mind you, I only use this when I know I'm going for a beachy look. It is drying, so I wouldn't use it as your normal shampoo, but it's perfect when you want a beachy look. This in conjunction with the conditioner and salt spray make my limp hair nice and textured and beachy. I have some slight natural wave, and this amps it up!

on 7/29/2014 11:18:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've become a huge fan of Bumble & Bumble products over the past year or so. I fell in love with their Straight Blow Dry styling treatment and have tried other products here and there since. This shampoo is decent, a little above average, but not enough to justify the high price tag. I will say I used this with a Loreal conditioner, blow dried it and put a curling wand to it. I am assuming this is meant to be used in conjunction with the Surf Spray (and matching conditioner) and the hair is meant to be left to air dry. Therefore, you may want to take this review with a grain of salt (as you should all reviews)! As another gauge, I have very long, never chemically treated or colored hair that is wavy and regularly heat styled. I felt the shampoo gave my hair a great cleaning and the scent is very summery and fresh (kind of similar to Soap & Glory's signature products but less overpowering). I love great smelling hair products personally, although I know fragrance is something a lot of people are annoyed with in beauty products. I think I would repurchase this if it were on sale/discounted. Good product!

on 5/20/2014 8:51:00 AM

While this shampoo smells lovely and works well as a cleanser, it doesn't give my hair the 'seabreezy texture' or 'buoyant body' I was hoping for. It might work if you have waves already but for my fine, straight hair it doesn't do more than cleansing and giving it some volume. It works a bit better if I wash it at night, don't condition and sleep with my hair in a braid, but I think that to get the surfer babe hair that Bumble & Bumble is advertising it's essential to also use the surf spray. I still like this product but for something that really makes my hair look and feel like I took a dip in the ocean I prefer Lush's Big. The price is also pretty steep, I was able to get 20% off but wouldn't buy it at full price.

on 4/14/2014 7:50:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I got a sample of this product, and was interested to try it to enhance my naturally wavy/curly hair. I usually blow dry my hair straight, but recently have been letting it dry au naturel to give it a break from heat styling. This shampoo made my hair really, really curly and added lots of body which would have been great had it not dried my hair out to the extent it looked a bit frazzled. This may work better with a leave in conditioner added after use.

on 4/12/2014 2:22:00 PM

Really, just your average shampoo. I haven't noticed that it gives my hair any more texture. While it hasn't left my hair terribly stripped of oils and tangled like some reviewers, I haven't found it to be very gentle or conditioning. Bumble Seaweed Shampoo and the Thickening Shampoo, while not HG, at least felt like they left my hair softer than this. I don't think I could tell the difference between this and an $0.88 bottle of Suave. It's really bad or anything, just not particularly impressive. For this kind of money, one ought to be able to find a product with a lot more bells and whistles.

on 4/1/2014 4:14:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Terrible. I have naturally wavy hair and thought this would help enhance the waves, NOPE. Instead it left me with a head full of knots and dry dry dry hair. Never again! Good thing I got the travel size shampoo and conditioner from my boss for free. Yeesh.

Top Rated Bumble & Bumble Products