October 25, 2014 | 1073 users online

Shampoo - Bumble & Bumble - Surf Foam Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by hipchick66

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love how this shampoo (used with the conditioner) makes my thick, wavy hair feel so light, clean and soft! I use this along with Tonic, Thickening Hairspray at the crown and Straight Blow Dry and don't need any finishing cream or serum. Amazing! Love the fragrance too!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by bridget12xo

I love this! Mind you, I only use this when I know I'm going for a beachy look. It is drying, so I wouldn't use it as your normal shampoo, but it's perfect when you want a beachy look. This in conjunction with the conditioner and salt spray make my limp hair nice and textured and beachy. I have some slight natural wave, and this amps it up!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by HollyWould123

I've become a huge fan of Bumble & Bumble products over the past year or so. I fell in love with their Straight Blow Dry styling treatment and have tried other products here and there since. This shampoo is decent, a little above average, but not enough to justify the high price tag. I will say I used this with a Loreal conditioner, blow dried it and put a curling wand to it. I am assuming this is meant to be used in conjunction with the Surf Spray (and matching conditioner) and the hair is meant to be left to air dry. Therefore, you may want to take this review with a grain of salt (as you should all reviews)! As another gauge, I have very long, never chemically treated or colored hair that is wavy and regularly heat styled. I felt the shampoo gave my hair a great cleaning and the scent is very summery and fresh (kind of similar to Soap & Glory's signature products but less overpowering). I love great smelling hair products personally, although I know fragrance is something a lot of people are annoyed with in beauty products. I think I would repurchase this if it were on sale/discounted. Good product!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2014 8:51:00 AM More reviews by clioariane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

While this shampoo smells lovely and works well as a cleanser, it doesn't give my hair the 'seabreezy texture' or 'buoyant body' I was hoping for. It might work if you have waves already but for my fine, straight hair it doesn't do more than cleansing and giving it some volume. It works a bit better if I wash it at night, don't condition and sleep with my hair in a braid, but I think that to get the surfer babe hair that Bumble & Bumble is advertising it's essential to also use the surf spray. I still like this product but for something that really makes my hair look and feel like I took a dip in the ocean I prefer Lush's Big. The price is also pretty steep, I was able to get 20% off but wouldn't buy it at full price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2014 7:50:00 PM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this product, and was interested to try it to enhance my naturally wavy/curly hair. I usually blow dry my hair straight, but recently have been letting it dry au naturel to give it a break from heat styling. This shampoo made my hair really, really curly and added lots of body which would have been great had it not dried my hair out to the extent it looked a bit frazzled. This may work better with a leave in conditioner added after use.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Bclancy

Really, just your average shampoo. I haven't noticed that it gives my hair any more texture. While it hasn't left my hair terribly stripped of oils and tangled like some reviewers, I haven't found it to be very gentle or conditioning. Bumble Seaweed Shampoo and the Thickening Shampoo, while not HG, at least felt like they left my hair softer than this. I don't think I could tell the difference between this and an $0.88 bottle of Suave. It's really bad or anything, just not particularly impressive. For this kind of money, one ought to be able to find a product with a lot more bells and whistles.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Arrosynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Terrible. I have naturally wavy hair and thought this would help enhance the waves, NOPE. Instead it left me with a head full of knots and dry dry dry hair. Never again! Good thing I got the travel size shampoo and conditioner from my boss for free. Yeesh.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Lhegge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Edited 4/15-- After using consistently I found my hair too dry and very hard to comb through. There was also a significant amount of breakage after a couple weeks. It may be ok if used once a week or so but I couldn't continue using exclusively.
3/21--Loved this shampoo. Received a sample, got 2 uses out of it and had to order right away! My hair is very fine with just a little body, usually have to wash daily even though I use very little products, my scalp tends to produce more oil than I need. I usually let my hair air dry overnight and then I style in the AM with either a curling iron or straightener. Using the shampoo and conditioner together allowed for me to comb through with a wide toothed comb after letting it sit up in my Turbi Twist for a few minutes. I did as usual, allowing my hair to dry while I sleep and in the morning I freshened it with the Surf Spray and scrunched it a bit. It was the easiest, nicest, soft "undone" style I've ever been able to acheive. I don't find that my hair feels dry, but without the conditioner, I would have trouble detangling it. This is a very expensive shampoo and conditioner but it works for me and that I'm not having to heat style my hair every day makes it worth the money for me. I have gone to washing my hair every 3rd day now with no oily roots, no need for dry shampoo or a partial wash. I'm a happy customer!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by alina08

Love the smell of this. It is fun to use in the shower. However... this makes my fine, knotty hair knottier! Like horrifically knotty. So knotty I have to wash my hair the next day with a different shampoo. Not recommended for hair that easily tangles.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by jenniferashton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So not gonna lie, bought this stuff after liking the packaging and concept of a salt based shampoo that evokes that "day at the beach" hair. Does it do the latter? For me, not particularly. I still need the salt spray styler to accomplish that look. But I'm still hooked on this shampoo because it cleans well without weighing hair down or leaving product buildup. It also smells friggin FANTASTIC - salt watery clean and light. Hair is soft and manageable so I'm a devotee.