October 20, 2014 | 1568 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Whisper in Mocha Muse

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by cblazer973

I first picked this up at CVS where it was almost $10 and then went to Walmart and saw it for $4-$5 so I immediately returned it to CVS. Anyway, I really love this color. I was looking for the perfect nude and I find it hard to find a color that doesn't wash me out or make me look like I smear chocolate on my lips. This isn't really pigmented but the sheen and pretty effect it has really makes me love it. I love the color whisper line because they're so moisturizing and pretty and easy to wear.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

I got this from my father for my bday last year whom always picks out nice colors so it has sentimental value, but this left me a little lukewarm. There isn't a lot of color in it, I would prefer some of the LE baby lips that came out last summer. The color whispers other than Petal Rebel all kind of look the same on me. Not a lot of pigment, not much color nor frost, a little shine but there are many better l/g's out there.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by ShimmeryPastels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is not for pigmented lips at all. If you have pigmented lips I wouldn't recommend this to you. I have pigmented lips so trust me. Since figuring that out I tried applying lipliner first then I would apply the Mocha muse color whisperer with a lip brush. It turned out decent. But you have to leave it alone because it will easily rub off. There is a smell to it. It actually smells like Fruit Loops to me, which is awesome. Also there isn't much product in there. This product seemed great but not for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

Gorgeous pinky beige touched with salmon/peach which has a face brightening effect - so easy to wear and feels so nice on very similar to the Loreal Riche Balms/Caresse lipsticks. Great selection of nudes, peaches and wearable corals in this collection. I prefer the colour choices and texture so much more than the Revlon Lip Butters which are a similar concept to these.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

I really like this Color Whisper. Although it's not one of the more colorful ones, I saw a lot of good things in this product.
Firstly, the actual color. This is NOT one of the really pigmented ones, nor is it meant to be! It's a very neutral brownish-mauve, and blends into my natural skin tone nicely. When I put it on, it hardly shows up, which I like; however, I really love that this color seems to even out my lips and make them a lot nicer and smoother. A hint of dark mauve may be visible, but other than that, it's almost as neutral as you can get when it comes to the Color Whispers. It looks very flattering, and is very versatile with just about any makeup look.
The feel and texture is the same as that of every single Color Whisper- smooth, buttery, creamy, and easy to glide on. Mocha Muse doesn't dry out on your lips for a while, and reapplying often is unnecessary. I would say that this is a moisturizing product- while it's on the lips. Actually, I feel as though it acted as a lip plumper for me; I thought I saw a good difference in my smile. Once you take it off, there are no lasting moisture effects. Still, it's very comfortable and lightweight on the lips.
The staying power, as mentioned, was pretty good- no need to reapply often. It comes off easily if you eat or drink, but other than that, it doesn't come off for no reason.
The one thing I really didn't like about Mocha Muse was that it transferred into my mouth. I haven't had this problem with other Color Whispers. That's why I marked it down a lipstick. It has a distinct, annoying, waxy taste that is very hard to get rid of, which bugged me a bit. I don't even know how it gets into my mouth, but it does almost every time I wear it. That's the biggest issue that I found with this product.
Other than that, the price and packaging are really nice, and I think that it's a very nice product. It's great for someone who doesn't want obvious color, or wants something for everyday wear. I recommend it!~

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by leighcfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is kind of a gloss/lipstick combo which is good. However, this hardly has any color which I dont love. I do wear it and it's nice enough, just don't expect it to look like you're wearing much. There are other colors in the line that are better.