Philosophy Clear Days Ahead Overnight Repair Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment Pads

3.7

on 5/27/2015 7:57:00 PM

From the smell I can tell there is lots of alcohol in this.
I can also tell from the effects since my face turns red right after using this, so this is totally not made for sensitive skin.
I've used this pad on its own, with no other acne clearing product, and I didn't find it too effective. The other Clear Days Ahead products by Philosophy did work very well for me!

on 8/14/2014 11:24:00 PM

So it definitely helps clear up acne, but it is kind of drying, which also makes fine lines/wrinkles more apparent. It's better than having acne but I'm still searching for something that is less drying and/or maybe anti-aging also.

Here's the deal with this stuff...I read that extracts from lentils cause pores to shrink and clear, *and* at the same time help rebuild and strengthen collagen...Bonus!!! So I went on a search to find products containing lentil extracts...Not an easy thing....But these pads contain the stuff I was looking for.
Like all pad-products, these are way too big for a normal human's face--cut them in half, you'll do fine and get more for your money.
When you apply the pad to clean, dry skin, you'll notice some redness. I didn't ever overcome that problem...and after a couple of months, the redness was constant but my pores looked good and my skin seemed more dense--like, they seemed to be living up to eveything I wanted, except for my being sensitive to the salicylic acid.
I've gotten so now I don't use them everyday...just a couple of times a week. My skin is still looking good and now the redness is gone--awesome!
I definitely recommend these for 'troubled' skin as well as 'mature' skin...it's kinda an all-in-one treatment to take care of cleaning your pores and strengthening them so they aren't saggy and gross. I like these even better than Peter Thomas Roth pads, and are now my go-to facial treatment product.
The tub has a nice thoughtful handle on the inner lid thingy--so you can lift it off easily if you have nails, and then plop it back on so the pads stay nice and moist.
Overall, love these things--kinda wish they'd make them in a 2% or lighter salacylic acid but whatever...These are pretty darn good and aren't all that expensive (especially if you cut them in half ;) lol

I love this!!! It works!!! Your existing blemishes will be smaller when you wake up!!!

on 8/30/2013 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This product seems to be setting off my sensitive skin. It looks a bit red and irritated the morning after. I am liking the Clear Days Ahead line, which has been doing a good job of shrinking existing pimple and bringing waning zits to a head. But I think this product may be too harsh, so I don't think I would repurchase.

on 6/13/2013 11:02:00 AM

I LOVE this product! I have been suffering with hormonal breakout for years and I had never been able to find a product that seemed to alleviate the problem... until this! People are complimenting my "glowing" complexion which is all because of this product! A+!!

PROS
-Easy to use
-No strong scent that is commonly found with acne pads
-Not drying... it leaves you feeling clean (and clearly it's working) but you don't get that tight feeling
-EFFECTIVE! It really has improved my skin tremendously.
-One treatment pad goes a long way! I use it on my face first and then use the same pad on my neck, chest, and upper back.

CONS
-Very expensive! 60 pads is $39... but keep an eye out for sales. I repurchased these during Philosophy's friends and family sale and got them for $26

Popular Treatments (Face)