November 26, 2014 | 1632 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - Clear Days Ahead Overnight Repair Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment Pads

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by mayantastic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So it definitely helps clear up acne, but it is kind of drying, which also makes fine lines/wrinkles more apparent. It's better than having acne but I'm still searching for something that is less drying and/or maybe anti-aging also.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by smileandactnice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Here's the deal with this stuff...I read that extracts from lentils cause pores to shrink and clear, *and* at the same time help rebuild and strengthen collagen...Bonus!!! So I went on a search to find products containing lentil extracts...Not an easy thing....But these pads contain the stuff I was looking for.
Like all pad-products, these are way too big for a normal human's face--cut them in half, you'll do fine and get more for your money.
When you apply the pad to clean, dry skin, you'll notice some redness. I didn't ever overcome that problem...and after a couple of months, the redness was constant but my pores looked good and my skin seemed more dense--like, they seemed to be living up to eveything I wanted, except for my being sensitive to the salicylic acid.
I've gotten so now I don't use them everyday...just a couple of times a week. My skin is still looking good and now the redness is gone--awesome!
I definitely recommend these for 'troubled' skin as well as 'mature' skin...it's kinda an all-in-one treatment to take care of cleaning your pores and strengthening them so they aren't saggy and gross. I like these even better than Peter Thomas Roth pads, and are now my go-to facial treatment product.
The tub has a nice thoughtful handle on the inner lid thingy--so you can lift it off easily if you have nails, and then plop it back on so the pads stay nice and moist.
Overall, love these things--kinda wish they'd make them in a 2% or lighter salacylic acid but whatever...These are pretty darn good and aren't all that expensive (especially if you cut them in half ;) lol

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by astroglidealyssa

I love this!!! It works!!! Your existing blemishes will be smaller when you wake up!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by hooplehead

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product seems to be setting off my sensitive skin. It looks a bit red and irritated the morning after. I am liking the Clear Days Ahead line, which has been doing a good job of shrinking existing pimple and bringing waning zits to a head. But I think this product may be too harsh, so I don't think I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by jennarae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this product! I have been suffering with hormonal breakout for years and I had never been able to find a product that seemed to alleviate the problem... until this! People are complimenting my "glowing" complexion which is all because of this product! A+!!

PROS
-Easy to use
-No strong scent that is commonly found with acne pads
-Not drying... it leaves you feeling clean (and clearly it's working) but you don't get that tight feeling
-EFFECTIVE! It really has improved my skin tremendously.
-One treatment pad goes a long way! I use it on my face first and then use the same pad on my neck, chest, and upper back.

CONS
-Very expensive! 60 pads is $39... but keep an eye out for sales. I repurchased these during Philosophy's friends and family sale and got them for $26