Mary Kay Cranberry Ice Shadow

4.3

on 11/19/2011 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

On a whim I bought this on ebay. There was an offer that if you bought 3 MK shadows you got the compact free (I've always wanted one of those goofy mary kay compacts, really! but so expensive...lol). I bought this color, goldenrod, and currant craze. They are GORGEOUS together. I apply creamy, light golden EL base for staying power, then apply goldenrod from lash to browbone. I lightly apply cranberry ice over my lid up to the crease. Over the gold, it makes a very pretty, yet neutral pop of pink- y gold...yum for brown eyes and my skin tone! Then I apply a pop of currant craze ( a deep brown- berry shade) in the outer corner and blend. Very, very pretty for daytime and easily intensified (because these are buildable and can even be used wet) for evening!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is such an awesome shadow. It's so pigmented and has a very light sheen to it. Very easy to blend as well. It's such a great evening color and perfect for fall/winter. I will pair it with very dark browns and blacks for a smokey, sultry look at night. So glad I got this color.

on 3/31/2008 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

A shimmery cranberry color...Decent color pay off.

on 3/18/2008 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

Cranberry ice is a good name for this shadow because it is exactly cranberry red. I love the texture and pigment of this shadowm however the color itself is very ordinary and I think I have this color in a few other brands. For that reason I would not purchase again. It does apply very smoothly and does not smudge or crease, and lasts all day long.....those are all biggies in my book.

on 12/11/2007 12:38:00 AM

This is another of my favorite colors. It is a very neutral burgandy. Its not loud and clownish looking on like several I have tried before. I will repurchase this.

on 11/11/2005 4:54:00 PM

Mary Kay eye colors are in general quite good; they're long-lasting, fade and crease-resistant, and come in some lovely shades. I got a free sample of this, and at first was hesistant; it looks like a beautiful color for lips or cheeks, but I wasn't at all sure it was anything I wanted to put near my eyes. However, in small amounts, particularly as a crease shade, it looks stunning! You have to be careful with the rest of your makeup, especially if you're fair-skinned like I am, and make sure it doesn't compete, but when done correctly, it makes your eyes really stand out. I've purchased a full-size one, and if I ever run out, I'll probably repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have this, but I hardly ever use it, even tho when I do wear it I get compliments. I won't repurchase tho because I probly won't run out for a long time.

on 1/14/2004 7:11:00 PM

This shadow's pretty, but I just hate the packaging! The cranberry is a nice wash and makes my brown eyes pop. =)

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a cranberry red e/s, with slight shimmer. It looks lovely w/ MK goldenrod and MK moonstone e/s. This looks a great deal like MAC cranberry and jane's cranberry. Like all Mary Kay e/s, it lasts all day, it has great pigment, and blends perfectly. Great as a liner too!