October 20, 2014 | 2080 users online

Top/Base Coats - Etude - Dear My Nails Easy Peel-Off Base Coat

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Meleana

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found this really worked with my glitter polishes! This base coat does take awhile to dry. It's not a typical style base coat. At least five minutes! Even when it looks dry, if you touch it, it may smudge. But once it is dry, polishes apply smoothly and cleanly over it, and removal about a week later was no problem. I used a rubber tip cuticle pusher to push it off my nails, and no polish remover was even necessary. Peeled off pretty much in one piece.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by kiwisqurt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The trick with the b/c (don't know about others) seems to be let it dry for at least 10 mins before putting on your colour. That also makes it easier to peel off - I left it for 5 the last time and I sort of had to chip the mani off but it didn't damage my nails. I also put it on top of my usual b/c. I'm currently wearing it with my accent colour and it's been 2 showers, 3 lots of dishes and much touch typing and it's not showing any sign of trying to peel off or tipwear. I think it's really good value and it does what it says

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 8:58:00 AM More reviews by ocarina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

DINGDINGDING we have a winner! If you like to wear glitter or other textured nail polishes but dislike the murderously difficult removal process (wrapping your nails in acetone-soaked cotton and then wrapping THAT in strips of tinfoil? I think not), then this is your new favorite product. It takes inordinately long to dry, and you can't apply polish until it does, hence the lippie removal. Everything else is great. Apply your glitter over the top and you get several good days of wear (about the same as a normal base coat). When you get tired, just use your nail to push the edge of the polish at your cuticle--hey, you're taking your polish off anyway, right?-- and presto, it comes off in one rubber-cement-like sheet. Two of my favorite glitter polishes, OPI's Excuse Moi! and Sally Hansen Gem Crush Big Money, have been rescued from the polish purgatory because I no longer have to set aside an afternoon to take them off. Unless you live in Korea you'll have to order this off Ebay. It's still cheap. Big win.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Kabana

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love to wear glitter polish and removing it is a real problem if you have acrylic overlays. I've tried using glue for base coat with mixed results. I saw this on ebay and figured what the heck I'll give it a try. The Etude House peel off base coat was MUCH easier to peel off acrylics. I used two coats and waited about 15 mins for it to dry well. I took one lippy away for dry time.