Sally Hershberger Glam Waves Texture Spray

on 1/3/2015 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This worked really well for two or three hours, then sort of wore off during the day. After 8 hours my hair was really big and fluffy and frizzy. Drat. I expected it to work like the beach spray. Nope.

on 12/24/2014 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Dries and dulls my shiny, healthy hair. This actually took the natural wave OUT of my hair! I sprayed it on towel dried hair, blow dried, and couldn't believe how much straighter my hair was. Wow. I LOVED Sally Hershberger Shagg Spray (discontinued) and the company told me to try Glam Waves Texture Spray instead. There's NO similarity! Smells ok - subtle and fresh. The pump directs the spray too much at one spot. Very disappointing!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product enhanced the waves in my thick, frizz-prone hair, but that's ALL it did. It did absolutely NOTHING to control frizz, and left my hair looking worse than ever. I sprayed it on liberally, finger-combed, scrunched, and let it air dry. As it dried, I could feel my hair getting poofy. I looked in the mirror to find big, poofy waves surrounded by a HALO of frizz. Horrible!
I touched my hair, and parts of my hair were sticky, and parts that had dried felt like straw.
I tried to calm it down using argan oil, and even that didn't work.
Like the other reviewer said, it has a sweet suntan lotion smell that I initially liked, but became overpowering & cloying, and is now making me nauseated. ( I'm not normally sensitive to fragrance at all).
This was not a case of too much product either, as the back of my hair feels like there's no product in it, but feels exceptionally dry. Unlike the other reviewer, this felt like it had salt in it that leached all the moisture from my hair.

I found this on clearance in CVS (that should have been a clue as to what I was in for with this product, but I ignored it). At half price, it was $6.49, and I'm taking it back. This will be the first time I used a product and rewashed my hair as soon as it dried. Horrible, horrible product. Unless you want straw-like, frizzy, sticky hair, avoid!

on 6/12/2013 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Having tried every curl/wave enhancing spray and cream on the planet, I was a bit skeptical about this one, even after my trusted hair stylist recommended it to me. Well, there's a reason why I don't let anyone else but her cut my hair...because she knows what she's talking about! This is a great drugstore item that truly outperforms much pricier products from brands like Bumble & Bumble and John Masters. It brings out the curls and waves in my hair very effectively, without leaving my hair feeling crunchy, dried out by excessive amounts of salt, or smelling like cheap synthetic anything. I just spray a bit of this throughout my damp hair, scrunch it with my hands every once in a while as it dries, and that's it. It is very lightly scented - it faintly reminds me of traditional suntan lotion - but nothing overpowering, and it fades. The only curl product this good that I have found so far is Aveda's Be Curly, which is far more expensive and in my opinion well suited for thick hair only. Sally Herberger's Glam Waves is definitely designed for a variety of hair types - and I would gladly repurchase.