November 26, 2014 | 1252 users online

Eye Shadow - Chanel - Ombres Contraste Duo Taupe - Delicat

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by hernana

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This eyeshadow duo is one of my favorites. It is one of those rare products that give you polished look, but doesn't look like a lot of makeup. The lighter color is perfect for an allover wash. It has very subtle shimmer, which prevents it from looking chalky or flat, but is soft enough that you don't see shimmers or glitter. The darker color is a lovely taupe, which is great for defining the crease - never looks too heavy-handed or overpowering. Both colors are saturated and silky. The packaging is light and easy to open; it's really convenient to have two such nicely matched shadows in one compact. Overall a really superior product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I agree with everything the reviewer below wrote regarding these eyeshadows. They are must-have neutrals that will enhance your makeup look. The brown and light beige lean slightly cooler, which is why I like these so much. They are also not too shimmery and they are very appropriate for any occasion. I have been using Chanel's Raffinement quad exclusively for months, and this is a nice change.

Chanel eyeshadows are a luxury; $42 USD is pricey, but you really can't go wrong with these colors. A little goes a long way, so they will last.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by msfrost

My HG everyday eyeshadow. This makes my eyes look so effortlessly chic and put together. On days when I don't know what to do with my eyes, or when I want to wear bright lips or cheeks, or just do something dramatic, I use this duo on my eyelids to balance everything out. Or just when I'm pressed for time and want an eyeshadow that's easy to work with and that will guarantee me gorgeous lids.

The colors are a matte light brown, and a slightly satiny (although kind of matte. Hard to explain) light beige. They almost apply themselves, and the texture while applying is so soft and silky. Seriously, I adore the way Chanel eyeshadows are so easy to blend, they make up for my lack of professional makeup skills hahahaha. Anyway, the brown color goes all over the lid (it's more pigmented) and the beige color as a highlight (it's still pigmented, but slightly less than the brown), you apply some mascara, and your eyes are done! If you want to dress it up, you can apply a darker brown on your crease. The colors work with anything, it's quite versatile.

Some may say that it's not such an exciting duo, because it is quite neutral and matte. Maybe for those who prefer Urban Decay's intense, wild colors, Taupe Delicat will be a boring disappointment. Definitely, it's a very "safe" duo. Which is why I can't live without it. I'll gladly spend more money on a duo that I know will get tons of use, that is appropriate for any occasion, and that works with any makeup (neutral lips, hot pink lips, coral cheeks, plum mascara, "nude" face...) and outfit, and that is just beautiful. I know it's not the most fun Contraste Duo eyeshadow that Chanel offers, but it's the one I like the most anyway. Can't rave enough about it.

This duo in 5 words: elegant, versatile, appropriate, matte, staple.

This is a must for me when I'm home or traveling, and will repurchase for sure.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No