Davines Volu

on 8/26/2015 11:40:00 AM

First, this is the first cosmetics brand that I use that is actually concerned about its sustainability of its practices, and not just "greenwashing". For example, they have committed to zero-impact packaging, offsetting their carbon impact by planting trees in Italy, Costa Rica and Madagascar. Moreover, their shampoo (at least this one) is Paraben and Sulfate free. As a person that is concerned about the fact that the cosmetic industry is not really overseen in many countries (especially the US), it is great to know that the Davines are also concerned with not throwing in sh*tty ingredients.

Now, even given all of this, all I need to say is that this is the best shampoo I have ever used. My hair basically looks like a wig now in the best way possible. This is to say it is lustrous, smooth, free from residue. The best way to use it, I think, is to reduce your shampooing to no more than 2x a week. After your hair is drenched in water, rub the shampoo between your hands to get a lather, then rub it very thoroughly through your scalp and rinse very thoroughly. In my experience the conditioner you use after doesn't really matter.

My hair type is: a large quantity of very fine strands. Previously it was somewhat dry and oily.

on 6/12/2013 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I've worked in the salon industry for 3 years now as front desk. (I don't do hair!) Before that I worked at Ulta, so I can say I'm pretty knowledgeable when it comes to hair care and brands. I've tried all the major brands: Redken, Paul Mitchell, Matrix, etc. Then I worked for an Aveda salon so I became loyal to Aveda products. The salon where I currently work carries only Davines products and honestly, I have never liked a line of products better than this one. And I'm not just saying that because I work around the brand. I'm not employed by Davines so please do not think I am biased!

The Volu line is designed for volume. It's very lightweight so it's great for people with oily, heavy hair who don't need all that extra weight that some products can deposit. It's also great for those with shorter and finer hair who are looking for that extra volume.

I have long, straight hair and I have lots of it. This shampoo is very lightweight but it does clean very well. I always feel so refreshed after my shower when I use this. The smell is amazing, I am in love with it.

This is a bit pricey though, it's $26 for a 250ml bottle. If you're willing to spend a little more on your hair care, please give this a try! I'm sure you will love this. I will be using this for a very long time.