November 22, 2014 | 1712 users online

Hair - Bobeam Products

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by bnanaphone246

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried the oats and honey bar, and the honey hemp and green tea bar. The oats and honey bar was nice, but a little drying after a while. The honey hemp and green tea bar, however, is amazing. Makes my hair crazy shiny. The lather is fantastic. Also, the customer service on etsy is great!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2013 9:00:00 AM More reviews by Lola_B_10021

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

EDIT 9/5/13: Change to will not re-purchase. My hair doesn't tolerate the high pH and stripping qualities of soaps very well. I think the potential oil-stripping effects over time, even if followed by acidic rinses, are not something I want for my hair and skin. The quality of the product, its general performance and the customer service are still very good IMO.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bobeam's Shealoe shampoo bar is so far the most lathering and moisturizing bar I have used and is advertised as a hair and body bar. My hair has slip and doesn't tangle so I don't condition, but I do use pH-balanced shampoos to tackle build-up without stripping my hair and scalp. I found shampoo bars too drying in the past and had mixed results with ACV rinses, but reviews on CurlMart, Etsy and YT convinced me to try this. The Shealoe bar received the most hype and was in stock on Etsy, so I got the 3.85oz bar plus a 2oz salted-caramel scented gift sample (along with a sweet holiday card within 5 days of ordering awesomeness!).

The bar came in a clear plastic container : / and had a creamy white solid half and a translucent yellow, lemon-scented half. Fragrant, light scent didn't offend or linger. I sliced a piece of the bar but the halves separated, so I'd suggest either lathering your hands with the entire bar or using it directly on your hair/scalp. Anyway, this bar produced some of the thickest, foamiest, silkiest old-fashioned suds I'd seen in a long time and my hair and scalp felt dreamy. All it took was a few passes and tons of lather later my hair and scalp were perfectly clean. Post-wash my impressions were positive; I didn't follow with a conditioner, yet my scalp wasn't stripped and my hair maintained its usual soft, slippery, spongy texture. However there was more of that 'clean' feeling than I prefer and without following with an ACV rinse or low-pH conditioner, I experienced breakage - totes my fault.

I paid $5.00 plus $2.00 s/h which was fantastic, great CS all around! Turnoffs were the wasteful plastic packaging and the difference between the ambiguous ingredients list on Etsy: "a combination of shea butter and aloe, tea tree and lemon oil" which is casually buried in the general description. The ingredients list on the packaging includes: shea, tea tree and lemon oil and aloe vera as well as glycerine and soybean protein. I had no allergic reaction to any ingredients and the bars left my hair feeling good (though my skin was a bit dry). I'm on the fence about re-purchasing but the buying experience and product were nice.