October 23, 2014 | 1437 users online

Cleansers - Palmer's - Daily Cleansing Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2014 2:39:00 PM More reviews by gcicero

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

THIS IS AMAZING! I use everything from high end to sephora brands to drug stores to asian cleansers and and this is my new HG. Since starting medical school my sensitive, sometimes dry skin was breaking out terribly...i even got a boil!!! I started using my HG clarins which always had cleared my skin in the past and it barely helped. Well I ran to the local pharmacy and tried this when I ran out of face wash and it's amazing. It's gentle and effective and my skin looks better than it has in a year. I stocked up when I was at home since it's a little cheaper there, I don't know if i'm even going to use another product. I just wish more stores in the USA stocked Palmer's skin care line :( oh well...plus is i DID find it at kmart. If you have sensitive and/or dry and/or acne-prone skin give it a shot.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2014 5:35:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked this up on a whim at Wags. It was on sale for $3/5 oz and I had a $2 coupon. Reg price was $9.99! Anyway, I have oily skin and this didn't do much for that. Works okay and is gentle and doesn't smell weird, but I didn't get that clean feeling that my Neutrogena bar gives me. Not impressed. Didn't really lather that well, either.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2014 10:06:00 AM More reviews by meow-mix

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I believe this product is the source of the 3 painful pimples I've had this past month. I usually get one per year. I do not like the scent of this product. It doesn't seem to lather up until you start to rinse away.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2014 8:11:00 AM More reviews by LimaLim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good basic cleanser. Doesn't dry out the skin and gets rid of make up. You really only need one tiny pump the size of a corn kernel so product lasts for ages. If you use too much product it takes ages to wash off.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2014 6:34:00 AM More reviews by daisyq28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Good, basic cleanser. Removes makeup well, and I don't find it drying.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by MissOrthodox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had a love/hate relationship with this cleanser in the past. However, I do tend to rotate between products too quickly, so that might have been why this stopped being effective. Now, I'm using it as my primary cleanser (I will resist the urge to use something else too soon!) and so far so good. It leaves my face well cleanser, soft and refreshed. I may be drying for some, but not for me. I tend to massage a little glycerin into my damp face after to combat any harshness anyway.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by TeeSay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It was alright but I left my face quite dry and feeling tight.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 4:27:00 AM More reviews by Karis13

Been using this product for around 5 weeks and i honestly love it. Before I started using it my face was extremely dry and very spotty (due to an allergic reaction to a previous brand of skin care ild been using!) works well and reduced my redness in a few days. I use this along with the entire skin are range by palmers and I've found my skin is in the best condition it's been in for the last few years. I have very dry, sensitive skin and this works wonders!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by princessmaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

i was so thrilled to see palmers do a skin care range for the face. i have tried the eye cream and spf moisturisor, so i assumed the cleanser would be just as good as the other products.
i was SO wrong!!
i found the gel to be not very foamy at all, and i would have to use a lot of product. it left my skin feeling tight and very dry. when it went into the eyes (by accident) it stings like mad!
i have never suffered with severe acne, but i am prone to spots on my chin and forehead. when i used this product, and i used it for a few weeks every day and night, it left my skin red and sore. the sides of my face, by the eyes near the hair line, began to peel - almost like having sun burn! this was momentarily traumatic, and i'm glad my skin has recovered from its ordeal. i have never had a bad reaction like this. it also gave my spotty cheeks, neck and nose, and these are areas i have never had a spot even in my teens ( i am 22).
the product says it is if for sensitive skin - i would say it is unsuitable for sensitive skin. the ingredients aren't great.. i should've realised before i purchased.
most definately will not be buying this expensive, skin burning, non-foaming cleanser again! i will be writing a formal complaint and i will be interested to see what their response is.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by taurusdragonfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Daily Cleansing Gel
This product is a slightly better-than-basic foaming cleanser. Nothing more or less. It's labeled for sensitive skin, but it's very foamy. No real smell and rinses clean. Doesn't leave my skin stripped, but slightly tight. Removes all traces of makeup and oil/dirt in one lather. One full pump is really too much as it is fairly thick and lathers well -- especially when applied with a brush, washcloth, whatever, but somehow I ran out of this quicker than expected.