Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Body Scrub

on 12/26/2014 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I'm a fan of the Coconut Hibiscus line - most of the products that I've tried in this line smell divine (with the exception of the original shampoo & the new brightening face lotion - these don't have that delicious signature tropical scent).

Whenever I find something new in Coconut Hibiscus, I have to try it (or at least smell it, if it's not pre-sealed, to make sure it has that yummy scent). I've always been curious about sugar body scrubs but have never purchased any (expensive) & never made my own (seemed like a waste of good oil & sugar supplies). I don't use scrubs for the most part because I've always used exfoliating glycolic acid for my face & boar-bristle shower brush for my body, & my feet don't need much of any special kind of exfoliation.

But when I saw this I had to finally try a sugar scrub - the price was very reasonable (at Target) & affordable. I ordered it online instead of going all the way there in person, but was disappointed to find my jar (although factory-sealed) leaked in the box during shipping & IDK how much of that deliciously-scented oil/liquid was lost. What I received was mostly sugar paste.

I added back some vitamin E body oil I was using at home to replenish the lost liquid from the scrub & tried it in the shower on my hands. Great job of scrubbing, though a bit harsh & I'd never use it on my face or other tender-skin areas (neck, chest, stomach). I need to practice rubbing it on gently. The scent is phenomenal & lingering. I love that this company is organic & natural, free of nasty chemicals & synthetic preservatives.

Perhaps I'll have better use for massaging this scrub into my tired, dry feet in the summer (especially after the beach). If I were a regular user of scrubs, this would be the one I'd always buy.

on 7/29/2014 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

LOVE THIS STUFF. I bought it on sale from Target, but it's still worth the regular price tag (under $10). Whenever I use this scrub in the shower - everyday - I don't even need to put on lotion afterward. My skin is smooth, moisturized and well-hydrated. It also smells amazing and the scent lasts all day. I should add that I do not have sensitive skin, so using a deep exfoliant like this day after day does not irritate my skin. Those with more sensitive skin might find it a bit harsh.

on 2/20/2014 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is my very first review of anything. Especially here on MA.

I used it for the first time today after buying it about a week ago and my mind is totally blown!

I LOVE this product. The way it smells, its texture and the results I get. The sugar just dissolves after working it into my skin, the scent is absolutely divine and my skin is smoother than its ever been. I have purchased other Shea Moisture products in the past for my hair and skin, so this will be my HG scrub hands down. I cant wait to try the hair products of the same scent.

The only reason I gave it 4 lipsticks is because Shea Moisture products are always on the pricier side, but Im starting to think that it may be worth the extra cost. Because cheap products normally mean cheap ingredients.

on 6/11/2013 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

This scrub usurped the Tree Hut scrubs that I'd been using and swore I'd never be without. The people at Shea Moisture are really on to something with their vast line of products. I am a huge fan of their Coconut and Hibiscus line and I keep gradually trying different products from it. I've not been disappointed yet. This scrub is not a really wet one, like how some scrubs are just swimming in their liquid. When I first opened my tub I was a little disappointed that it wasn't wetter but, as soon as I tried it I was hooked. My skin feels smoother and softer after using this scrub than it does when I've used others (and I've used several, I'm a scrub junkie). Plus, I love the scent of the Coconut and Hibiscus line. Holy grail for me!