Rimmel Show off lip lacquer

3.1

on 8/4/2015 8:53:00 PM

I have the shade "solstice" and although I enjoy it, it's nothing to write home about. It's a really pigmented lip lacquer. Mine is very browny nude, which I enjoy. Do I like it? Yeah. Would I try other colors? Yes (I also have 3 of the matte ones). Would I say this is the be all end all of lip lacquers? Not really. But for a cheap, pigmented lip lacquer that delivers beautiful shades, it's definitely a viable option.

on 7/30/2015 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I came across these at Kroger & wasn't sure if they were like liquid lipstick or a lipgloss. Lip "lacquer" I'm not familiar w that term! So I took the plunge & got Nude Eclipse & Light Year. Nude Eclipse is a pale beige no frost & Light Year a little darker nude mocha. I saw some other colors I liked so I am going back tomorrow!! The taste does leave a little to be desired coz it made my throat sore but that could be due to acid reflux I can't be sure! It doesn't smell like anything to me so I am mystified/stumped. I love these otherwise coz they remind me a bit of Jeffree Star velour lipsticks coz both are very velvety. I've got a Rimmel clear liner I'm going to try w them but I didn't have any bleeding. It doesn't leech out all the moisture from ur lips. It feels light on & not dry nor flaky but I exfoliate my lips every day w elf stick. They were $5 & some change at my Kroger. Def check these out! I luv Rimmel in general love that haute couture London vibe even thou I live in Hicksville, USA!

Update 8/1/15: bought aura & solstice and they are going back! I imagined aura as kinda like MAC Sushi Kiss or maybe the ABH Liquid lipstick but no way it is too dark and very orange. Solstice didn't really show up on me I thought nude eclipse was nicer. So I'll get my ten bucks back & buy something else! Those 2 lip lacquers are enough for me. Nude eclipse & Light Year look awesome sauce w my Rimmel univeral (clear) lipliner. I'm not counting all Rimmel out just yet!!

on 7/20/2015 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'll start with the pros about this product. It differs from all a majority of the liquid lipsticks out there. The formula reminds me of Loreal Infallible Pro Matte glosses that I praised for having a unique formula a while back. I am so happy to see more acceptable formulas hitting the market. The formula is SUPER pigmented (like a lipstick), hydrating, and yet leaves a velvet finish. Rimmel Show Off lip lacquer did not dry out my lips and the staying power lasted 5 hours.

With all that being said... I coincidentally have the same issue with these that I had with Loreal. The shade selection is awful. I bought the shade Atomic Rose because it was the only shade even somewhat remotely suitable for my skintone. I am NC10 in MAC terms (think albino with yellow undertones). And I'm sorry, but this is ugly. Atomic Rose is a burnt orangey nude color. It is not the warm pink I hoped it would be. That is my biggest gripe about Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquers, none of the shades interest me in the slightest.

I put "yes" for repurchase ONLY because *if* Rimmel launched pale-friendly shades I'd try them. Afterall, the formula was good.

on 6/2/2015 5:30:00 AM

Depending on what you want out of the product, but I wouldn't rely on it as a lipstick. It is hard to apply by itself as it is so pigmented and stains your skin around your lips, so unless your perfect, be careful. I use the product as a lipgloss, on top of my lipstick to hold the colour longer and to add a shine. So as a whole it is a great lipgloss, its extremely pigmented and stays on for much longer than any other lipgloss lipsticks. But be careful when applying.

on 5/23/2015 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

So I bought 4 shades of this product on sale : apocaliptic, phenomenon, big bang and nude eclipe. First time I wore one of them was to school, I wore apocaliptic. Gorgeous, gorgeous hot pink, a bit redish a bit fucshia, just gorgeous.... It lasted all morning... But it bled terribly.... In the end of the morning when I got home, I was so embaressed to see how much it bled outside my lip line. Because I bought 4 shades and in Portugal you can not return them I decided to buy a transparent lip liner and try them like that. It works much better !!! With a transparent lip liner this product doesn't bleed at all and lasts around 8 hours !!! They loose the shiny look around the 3 hour mark but you are left with tone of colour !!! This product will transfer if you eat or drink but they wear out nicely and evenly, there will be no patchiness or unevenness. As for the colours : Apocaliptic is, as I said, a beautifull darkish hot pink with a bit of fucshia in it; Big Bang is the most beautifull red I own (and I own lots of red lip colours since those tend to be my favourites), it's a warm-ish red but it's neutral enough so that the coolest skin tone can pull it of, phenomenon is a really white based peachy nude, if your are anything darker than a light skin tone, this is not for you and nude eclipse is a pinky nude, darker that phenomenon so it is more wearable.
I'm not gonna lie, they have a really weird scent, I really don't know hoe to explain it, but once on my lips I really don't notice it. It is comfortable on the lips, it doesn't leave them feeling dry or anything like that.
Do I recommend it ? Only if you have or don't mind buying an anti-feadering lip linner, otherwise NO !!!! Without one, this product bleeds a lot.... If you use one, this lacquer will last you a long, long time on the lips while it still remains confortable and the colours are gorgeous !!
(I'm sorry fo my poor english, it is not my first language)

on 4/8/2015 10:13:00 AM

I have the shade "Shooting Star" and i don't particularly care for this product. I bought the lip lacquer because everybody raved about it and I when I finally went and got one I was seriously disappointment.
My lacquer is in a nude shade and when applied to my lips it isn't very forgiving and it just looks odd... I think I'll just stick to my lipsticks

on 3/16/2015 7:24:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I like the smell surprisingly but it dries out your lips even if you put chapstick over or under it. It's very messy and somehow manages to get everywhere including my neck, fingers, legs, etc. It's disappointing because the color was great.

on 2/26/2015 5:24:00 PM

THIS PRODUCT IS SO BAD. It's like it never dries or something. The colours are nice, but I will be returning this tomorrow.

on 2/6/2015 10:15:00 AM

My post is about the Rimmel Show-off lip laquer. My color of choice is the solstice. I absolutely adore this gloss so much so that I went and purchased more so that I could have them in every bag. Not only does the color look great on my skin tone but they somehow plump my lips which I don't really need because my lips are naturally plump. This is def my fav and the only color I've tried as stated above is the solstice. I also have their match perfection concealer the 2-1. the color is 335 light/medium. I'm late to the party of make-up but when I heard Sophia Vergara say a woman should always try to look her best especially since I'm getting older well it made sense. Sometimes in America culture we do become overly lazy in regards to our appearance so even if I'm just walking the dog I try to look more put together. I'm a beginner to make-up so there's not much I know and I hate the feeling of feeling it on my skin so I only use bronzer and sometimes the Garnier tinted moisturizer but when you have dry/sensitive winter skin it can be challenging because if you do it wrong instead of looking put together you look older. I'm rambling apologies I just wanted to give Rimmel a 5* rating because I love the lip lacguer.

on 1/8/2015 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I got the color galaxy. Its PURPLE. I hate it. I was misled by some online reviews. I'm NC42 in Mac, toast in revlon colorstay. My coloring is similar to Freida pinto's. I was expecting a color like Revlon colorburst in Mauve. But I was wrong. Its PURPLE. I also got the color solstice. Its too light. Looks frosty on me. BUT these have a nice non-sticky, thin consistency and are quite pigmented. I hate lip glosses so I shouldn't have gotten these, they transfer everywhere and don't set. I prefer balm and lipstick finishes. These are high maintenance though, you will have to keep reapplying throughout the day. Personally I don't like the wet unnatural finish. I resent as well that they dont even my lip texture at all. You know the LINES? YEAH THOSE. It doesn't feel moisturizing or comforting either. But laquers are supposed to be shiny, and wet, and thin. So ... I just hate laquers.

Popular Lip Glosses