Rimmel Show off lip lacquer

3.2

on 2/26/2015 5:24:00 PM

THIS PRODUCT IS SO BAD. It's like it never dries or something. The colours are nice, but I will be returning this tomorrow.

on 2/6/2015 10:15:00 AM

My post is about the Rimmel Show-off lip laquer. My color of choice is the solstice. I absolutely adore this gloss so much so that I went and purchased more so that I could have them in every bag. Not only does the color look great on my skin tone but they somehow plump my lips which I don't really need because my lips are naturally plump. This is def my fav and the only color I've tried as stated above is the solstice. I also have their match perfection concealer the 2-1. the color is 335 light/medium. I'm late to the party of make-up but when I heard Sophia Vergara say a woman should always try to look her best especially since I'm getting older well it made sense. Sometimes in America culture we do become overly lazy in regards to our appearance so even if I'm just walking the dog I try to look more put together. I'm a beginner to make-up so there's not much I know and I hate the feeling of feeling it on my skin so I only use bronzer and sometimes the Garnier tinted moisturizer but when you have dry/sensitive winter skin it can be challenging because if you do it wrong instead of looking put together you look older. I'm rambling apologies I just wanted to give Rimmel a 5* rating because I love the lip lacguer.

on 1/8/2015 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I got the color galaxy. Its PURPLE. I hate it. I was misled by some online reviews. I'm NC42 in Mac, toast in revlon colorstay. My coloring is similar to Freida pinto's. I was expecting a color like Revlon colorburst in Mauve. But I was wrong. Its PURPLE. I also got the color solstice. Its too light. Looks frosty on me. BUT these have a nice non-sticky, thin consistency and are quite pigmented. I hate lip glosses so I shouldn't have gotten these, they transfer everywhere and don't set. I prefer balm and lipstick finishes. These are high maintenance though, you will have to keep reapplying throughout the day. Personally I don't like the wet unnatural finish. I resent as well that they dont even my lip texture at all. You know the LINES? YEAH THOSE. It doesn't feel moisturizing or comforting either. But laquers are supposed to be shiny, and wet, and thin. So ... I just hate laquers.

on 1/3/2015 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I really, really wanted to like these. I had heard so many good things and was really excited to finally try the color that had taken me a while to hunt down. I was even happier when I got them on a buy-1-get-1-half-off deal. Unfortunately, they were way too drying. The colors were pretty, though they really needed lip liner to keep from straying. They wore off decently - no weird discoloration and everthing faded sort of evenly. But they were incredibly drying, even while still on. Maybe this wouldn't be as problematic in a balmy summer, but it is a dealbreaker in the winter. As for the smell, I see what people mean - it is a bit like wax/crayons, but it wasn't that big a deal to me. I've certainly encountered worse in lip products.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Someone should tell the reviewer below this that this is a forum to review cosmetics, not insult fellow reviewers. Can't imagine what causes someone to be so unpleasant. Anyway, this is a very tough review because honestly, I can't judge the color/consistency/staying power. From the moment I pulled the wand out of the tube I was put off by the scent (for the record, I'm not particularly scent sensitive, but I have my limits)... I kept checking to make sure this wasn't intended for use on the eyes, because it seems counterintuitive to put something that smells like this on one's lips. I mean - BLECH. I gotta say, I wouldn't want to put it anywhere - but as a hand lotion, for example, it would be more palatable. It's kind of a mix between scented toilet paper and crayons. This is the second Rimmel product I've tried in the last few weeks - and they're both inexcusably bad. (The other was Scandaleyes mascara - just dreadful).
Eventually (slowly) the scent subsides but the damage has been done. From what I can tell the consistency is sub-par. Never quite "sets", a little too thin, potentially drying. It's a shame, too, because the shades are quite nice. Oh well. No more Rimmel for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Anyone who doesn't like these is talking out their behinds. The scent sensitive people are among the most annoying reviewers. Anyways, these are the modern standard of lipgloss. Not looking like spit on your lips, but creamy, pigmented and gorgeous shades. A lot of non mediocre colors for the urban girl with taste.

on 9/8/2014 9:35:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I've heard many descriptions to the smell/taste of this lip gloss, mine is bitter, very bitter.
I applied this thinking it would go away but the taste was disgusting and I had to wipe it off after 30 minutes, then had to brush my teeth. I'm not supersensitive either.

Too bad because the product itself had an incredibly opaque texture, that wasn't sticky at all. I used the color Nova.

on 7/16/2014 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

My favorite shade out off all my lip products is the Kate 104 such a beauty. Figured I give these a shot. I had 5 at one time. Nova, luna, Aurora, Big Bang, and celestial. Slowly they all but one returned back to where I found them. My biggest gripe about these I have is I find them so hard to get a precision application especially Big Bang and aurora. They do have great color pay off though all the ones I picked color wise just seemed off with my medium skin tone. I wore aurora out ONCE after about an hour all the color had faded in the center of my lips and left me with that ugly lip liner ring. So disappointing I had such high hopes.
Celestial : the only one I kept. Nice medium rosey pink. I have yet to wear it out bc of my experience with aurora. I will experiment ad update.
Luna: maybe a light baby cream sickle shade leans a tad warm. Not very flattering on me.
Nova: thought it would be a nice mid pink. Looked off
Big Bang : yellow teeth all the way. And mine are not that bad. To warm for my liking. Bleed like hell. And I NEVER have that problem.
Aurora: I find it hard to describe this shade. So I won't. horrible experience w this one. Hard to apply precisely on the go.

Ya know I don't want to have to use a lip brush with something like this. I should be able to just use the doe foot applicator just fine. That really irks me. And I don't want to spend 10 min putting it on.

Such a great color pay off, but I don't know. Not for me I guess. I'm a matte lipstick girl all the way, bc they STAY. This is very high maintenance. No I would not repurchase. I always try to find the good and review on that. But here it's just the color payoff .... for , about 30 minutes.

on 6/8/2014 1:05:00 AM

I purchased the shade Nude Eclipse (600) for around 3-4$ at Wal-mart, and can say that I am pretty satisfied with this product.

I am not a fan of Rimmel products, I find that their eye shadows have a horrible color pay-off and are rather chalky. Their foundations and primer tend to make me feel like I'm wearing cement and it's too obvious that I'm wearing make-up. That said, I was hesitant about spending a dime on any of their other products. I'm not sure why I even decided to give this product a try.

I've heard that this product has a smell, which I haven't been able to detect. I haven't noticed a 'taste' either. This is a nude that works quite well with the pigment in my lips. It doesn't completely mask my natural color, nor is it so sheer that it slightly changes the color. It's not so nude that it looks like I have 'fishy flesh' lips.

I don't have problems with it being streaky and I like how it can be layered. I usually do one to two coats when I apply my lip color.

Anyways, with all this rambling that I've done, I have to say that this is going to be a much reached for nude!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Horrible all around. I plan on returning this tomorrow. Quite a few you tubers brag about these latest lip sticks from Rimmel. I absolutely adore the Kate Lasting Finish lip sticks so I was excited to try the new Show Off lip lacquers. Lip lacquers is the latest trend for lips. Dior, Lancome, L'oreal, Ysl and many others are boosting lip lacquers. The reason why I dislike these Rimmel Show Off's is the formula. Hate how dry and uncomfortable these are. Super dry yet sticky at the same time. The finish is disgusting too. This lip lacquer makes every crack and line appear worse. I purchased the shade 401-Aurora. It looked like a fun pinky coral, great for the summer. Well, this color looked so tacky and fake on my lips. I looked like a cartoon. I will say that the color was very pigmented and vibrant though. Overall, not worth the 6 bucks.

Recommended for Medium Skin