Rimmel Show off lip lacquer

3.1

on 5/23/2015 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

So I bought 4 shades of this product on sale : apocaliptic, phenomenon, big bang and nude eclipe. First time I wore one of them was to school, I wore apocaliptic. Gorgeous, gorgeous hot pink, a bit redish a bit fucshia, just gorgeous.... It lasted all morning... But it bled terribly.... In the end of the morning when I got home, I was so embaressed to see how much it bled outside my lip line. Because I bought 4 shades and in Portugal you can not return them I decided to buy a transparent lip liner and try them like that. It works much better !!! With a transparent lip liner this product doesn't bleed at all and lasts around 8 hours !!! They loose the shiny look around the 3 hour mark but you are left with tone of colour !!! This product will transfer if you eat or drink but they wear out nicely and evenly, there will be no patchiness or unevenness. As for the colours : Apocaliptic is, as I said, a beautifull darkish hot pink with a bit of fucshia in it; Big Bang is the most beautifull red I own (and I own lots of red lip colours since those tend to be my favourites), it's a warm-ish red but it's neutral enough so that the coolest skin tone can pull it of, phenomenon is a really white based peachy nude, if your are anything darker than a light skin tone, this is not for you and nude eclipse is a pinky nude, darker that phenomenon so it is more wearable.
I'm not gonna lie, they have a really weird scent, I really don't know hoe to explain it, but once on my lips I really don't notice it. It is comfortable on the lips, it doesn't leave them feeling dry or anything like that.
Do I recommend it ? Only if you have or don't mind buying an anti-feadering lip linner, otherwise NO !!!! Without one, this product bleeds a lot.... If you use one, this lacquer will last you a long, long time on the lips while it still remains confortable and the colours are gorgeous !!
(I'm sorry fo my poor english, it is not my first language)

on 4/8/2015 10:13:00 AM

I have the shade "Shooting Star" and i don't particularly care for this product. I bought the lip lacquer because everybody raved about it and I when I finally went and got one I was seriously disappointment.
My lacquer is in a nude shade and when applied to my lips it isn't very forgiving and it just looks odd... I think I'll just stick to my lipsticks

on 3/16/2015 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like the smell surprisingly but it dries out your lips even if you put chapstick over or under it. It's very messy and somehow manages to get everywhere including my neck, fingers, legs, etc. It's disappointing because the color was great.

on 2/26/2015 5:24:00 PM

THIS PRODUCT IS SO BAD. It's like it never dries or something. The colours are nice, but I will be returning this tomorrow.

on 2/6/2015 10:15:00 AM

My post is about the Rimmel Show-off lip laquer. My color of choice is the solstice. I absolutely adore this gloss so much so that I went and purchased more so that I could have them in every bag. Not only does the color look great on my skin tone but they somehow plump my lips which I don't really need because my lips are naturally plump. This is def my fav and the only color I've tried as stated above is the solstice. I also have their match perfection concealer the 2-1. the color is 335 light/medium. I'm late to the party of make-up but when I heard Sophia Vergara say a woman should always try to look her best especially since I'm getting older well it made sense. Sometimes in America culture we do become overly lazy in regards to our appearance so even if I'm just walking the dog I try to look more put together. I'm a beginner to make-up so there's not much I know and I hate the feeling of feeling it on my skin so I only use bronzer and sometimes the Garnier tinted moisturizer but when you have dry/sensitive winter skin it can be challenging because if you do it wrong instead of looking put together you look older. I'm rambling apologies I just wanted to give Rimmel a 5* rating because I love the lip lacguer.

on 1/8/2015 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I got the color galaxy. Its PURPLE. I hate it. I was misled by some online reviews. I'm NC42 in Mac, toast in revlon colorstay. My coloring is similar to Freida pinto's. I was expecting a color like Revlon colorburst in Mauve. But I was wrong. Its PURPLE. I also got the color solstice. Its too light. Looks frosty on me. BUT these have a nice non-sticky, thin consistency and are quite pigmented. I hate lip glosses so I shouldn't have gotten these, they transfer everywhere and don't set. I prefer balm and lipstick finishes. These are high maintenance though, you will have to keep reapplying throughout the day. Personally I don't like the wet unnatural finish. I resent as well that they dont even my lip texture at all. You know the LINES? YEAH THOSE. It doesn't feel moisturizing or comforting either. But laquers are supposed to be shiny, and wet, and thin. So ... I just hate laquers.

on 1/3/2015 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I really, really wanted to like these. I had heard so many good things and was really excited to finally try the color that had taken me a while to hunt down. I was even happier when I got them on a buy-1-get-1-half-off deal. Unfortunately, they were way too drying. The colors were pretty, though they really needed lip liner to keep from straying. They wore off decently - no weird discoloration and everthing faded sort of evenly. But they were incredibly drying, even while still on. Maybe this wouldn't be as problematic in a balmy summer, but it is a dealbreaker in the winter. As for the smell, I see what people mean - it is a bit like wax/crayons, but it wasn't that big a deal to me. I've certainly encountered worse in lip products.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Someone should tell the reviewer below this that this is a forum to review cosmetics, not insult fellow reviewers. Can't imagine what causes someone to be so unpleasant. Anyway, this is a very tough review because honestly, I can't judge the color/consistency/staying power. From the moment I pulled the wand out of the tube I was put off by the scent (for the record, I'm not particularly scent sensitive, but I have my limits)... I kept checking to make sure this wasn't intended for use on the eyes, because it seems counterintuitive to put something that smells like this on one's lips. I mean - BLECH. I gotta say, I wouldn't want to put it anywhere - but as a hand lotion, for example, it would be more palatable. It's kind of a mix between scented toilet paper and crayons. This is the second Rimmel product I've tried in the last few weeks - and they're both inexcusably bad. (The other was Scandaleyes mascara - just dreadful).
Eventually (slowly) the scent subsides but the damage has been done. From what I can tell the consistency is sub-par. Never quite "sets", a little too thin, potentially drying. It's a shame, too, because the shades are quite nice. Oh well. No more Rimmel for me.

on 9/8/2014 9:35:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I've heard many descriptions to the smell/taste of this lip gloss, mine is bitter, very bitter.
I applied this thinking it would go away but the taste was disgusting and I had to wipe it off after 30 minutes, then had to brush my teeth. I'm not supersensitive either.

Too bad because the product itself had an incredibly opaque texture, that wasn't sticky at all. I used the color Nova.

on 7/16/2014 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

My favorite shade out off all my lip products is the Kate 104 such a beauty. Figured I give these a shot. I had 5 at one time. Nova, luna, Aurora, Big Bang, and celestial. Slowly they all but one returned back to where I found them. My biggest gripe about these I have is I find them so hard to get a precision application especially Big Bang and aurora. They do have great color pay off though all the ones I picked color wise just seemed off with my medium skin tone. I wore aurora out ONCE after about an hour all the color had faded in the center of my lips and left me with that ugly lip liner ring. So disappointing I had such high hopes.
Celestial : the only one I kept. Nice medium rosey pink. I have yet to wear it out bc of my experience with aurora. I will experiment ad update.
Luna: maybe a light baby cream sickle shade leans a tad warm. Not very flattering on me.
Nova: thought it would be a nice mid pink. Looked off
Big Bang : yellow teeth all the way. And mine are not that bad. To warm for my liking. Bleed like hell. And I NEVER have that problem.
Aurora: I find it hard to describe this shade. So I won't. horrible experience w this one. Hard to apply precisely on the go.

Ya know I don't want to have to use a lip brush with something like this. I should be able to just use the doe foot applicator just fine. That really irks me. And I don't want to spend 10 min putting it on.

Such a great color pay off, but I don't know. Not for me I guess. I'm a matte lipstick girl all the way, bc they STAY. This is very high maintenance. No I would not repurchase. I always try to find the good and review on that. But here it's just the color payoff .... for , about 30 minutes.

Recommended for Medium Skin