October 24, 2014 | 1623 users online

Lip Gloss - Rimmel - Show off lip lacquer

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

I've heard many descriptions to the smell/taste of this lip gloss, mine is bitter, very bitter.
I applied this thinking it would go away but the taste was disgusting and I had to wipe it off after 30 minutes, then had to brush my teeth. I'm not supersensitive either.

Too bad because the product itself had an incredibly opaque texture, that wasn't sticky at all. I used the color Nova.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Alliecat333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My favorite shade out off all my lip products is the Kate 104 such a beauty. Figured I give these a shot. I had 5 at one time. Nova, luna, Aurora, Big Bang, and celestial. Slowly they all but one returned back to where I found them. My biggest gripe about these I have is I find them so hard to get a precision application especially Big Bang and aurora. They do have great color pay off though all the ones I picked color wise just seemed off with my medium skin tone. I wore aurora out ONCE after about an hour all the color had faded in the center of my lips and left me with that ugly lip liner ring. So disappointing I had such high hopes.
Celestial : the only one I kept. Nice medium rosey pink. I have yet to wear it out bc of my experience with aurora. I will experiment ad update.
Luna: maybe a light baby cream sickle shade leans a tad warm. Not very flattering on me.
Nova: thought it would be a nice mid pink. Looked off
Big Bang : yellow teeth all the way. And mine are not that bad. To warm for my liking. Bleed like hell. And I NEVER have that problem.
Aurora: I find it hard to describe this shade. So I won't. horrible experience w this one. Hard to apply precisely on the go.

Ya know I don't want to have to use a lip brush with something like this. I should be able to just use the doe foot applicator just fine. That really irks me. And I don't want to spend 10 min putting it on.

Such a great color pay off, but I don't know. Not for me I guess. I'm a matte lipstick girl all the way, bc they STAY. This is very high maintenance. No I would not repurchase. I always try to find the good and review on that. But here it's just the color payoff .... for , about 30 minutes.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 1:05:00 AM More reviews by nanimav

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased the shade Nude Eclipse (600) for around 3-4$ at Wal-mart, and can say that I am pretty satisfied with this product.

I am not a fan of Rimmel products, I find that their eye shadows have a horrible color pay-off and are rather chalky. Their foundations and primer tend to make me feel like I'm wearing cement and it's too obvious that I'm wearing make-up. That said, I was hesitant about spending a dime on any of their other products. I'm not sure why I even decided to give this product a try.

I've heard that this product has a smell, which I haven't been able to detect. I haven't noticed a 'taste' either. This is a nude that works quite well with the pigment in my lips. It doesn't completely mask my natural color, nor is it so sheer that it slightly changes the color. It's not so nude that it looks like I have 'fishy flesh' lips.

I don't have problems with it being streaky and I like how it can be layered. I usually do one to two coats when I apply my lip color.

Anyways, with all this rambling that I've done, I have to say that this is going to be a much reached for nude!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

Horrible all around. I plan on returning this tomorrow. Quite a few you tubers brag about these latest lip sticks from Rimmel. I absolutely adore the Kate Lasting Finish lip sticks so I was excited to try the new Show Off lip lacquers. Lip lacquers is the latest trend for lips. Dior, Lancome, L'oreal, Ysl and many others are boosting lip lacquers. The reason why I dislike these Rimmel Show Off's is the formula. Hate how dry and uncomfortable these are. Super dry yet sticky at the same time. The finish is disgusting too. This lip lacquer makes every crack and line appear worse. I purchased the shade 401-Aurora. It looked like a fun pinky coral, great for the summer. Well, this color looked so tacky and fake on my lips. I looked like a cartoon. I will say that the color was very pigmented and vibrant though. Overall, not worth the 6 bucks.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2014 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Sweetheart7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay so I don't even know where to start with this lip product. I picked up the Show Off Lip Lacquer randomly because I've been wanting to try more drug store lippies. I saw someone talking about these before and how she liked them so I was like "why not?".
So I grabbed the shade 500 Luna, thinking it would be a nice MLBB with just a hint of coral for summer. Upon first application, it was not the shade I was expecting. On my lips it went on as a straight orange almost. I tried blotting it and was happy when the orange shade went away. But then I noticed that it had settled into the creases of my lips!
Now I don't have chapped lips or anything and have never had this problem with lip sticks, stains or glosses before. I was shocked and it wasn't just a little bit of creasing, when ever I smiled you could see it clearly. If it hadn't had settled into the creases, I might be willing to use this more.
Also the doe foot applicator was not soft at all and I dislike the indent in the middle of it. I feel it puts way to much product on the lips and makes it tough for on the go application without a mirror. This takes to much time and effort to put on when I could use just a lipstick with a touch of gloss on top and be done applying it sooner that with the Lip Lacquer.
I think if I had picked up a more pink shade it would have been better but I don't plan on picking anymore up. I was lucky enough to buy this when it was like half off, I think I will keep it for now but I for sure won't be getting this again. Also I wasn't to put off by the smell but if you are sensitive to smells or don't like artificial scents, you might want to pass on this. It doesn't have the best scent out there.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Angelique79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been trying out the new lines of lip gloss from L'Oreal and now Rimmel this Spring and thus far, I'm not overly impressed. Lip gloss should be so easy to apply with a swipe but here lately, we want them to last longer so the formula becomes trickier and trickier to apply, OR they're hyper pigmented and you cant just swipe and go...you have to pay attention. HA!

Rimmel's new gloss falls into the high color gloss category. I bought the shade Apocalyptic because it's the shade of bright pink I've been enjoying this summer. Upon the first application, it didn't spread well and ended up settling into a ring on the inside of my mouth and piling within almost seconds after applying. THIS reminds me of the behavior of a lip gloss long lasting stain budge proof hybrid formula's I've been trying out and it's been very frustrating. So I checked...nope, Rimmel's gloss is not supposed to dry on the mouth into a budge proof stain, it's just intense color of a lip stick with the satin feel of a gloss. No, Rimmel, I didn't get a satin feel. Intense color? YES, holy moly yes, so much that blotting was necessary when I tried it again. NOW I just tap the wand on my finger and dab it on my mouth and thus far I haven't experienced again the unsightly ring on the inside of my mouth. Once blended and settled, it looks like a bright but deep rose on me, which I really like. Lasting power? I cant tell really, I apply a pink tinted lip balm over it and after a few hours, my mouth is still a lovely pink. However lip gloss shouldn't be this difficult...so...three stars and no I wont buy any other color in the line.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Shakeitdontbreakit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very tough review because honestly, I can't even judge the color/consistency/staying power. From the moment I pulled the wand from the tube I was put off - REALLY put off - by the scent. I ACTUALLY LOOKED AT THE TUBE TO DOUBLE CHECK THAT IT WASNT AN EYE PRODUCT. Because it seems counterintuitive to put something that smells like this on one's lips. I mean - BLECH. I gotta say, I wouldn't want to put it anywhere - but as a hand lotion, for example, it would be more palatable. It's kind of a mix between scented toilet paper and crayons. This is the second Rimmel product I've tried in the last few weeks - and they're both inexcusably bad. (The other was Scandaleyes mascara - just dreadful).
Eventually (slowly) the scent subsides but the damage has been done. From what I can tell the consistency is sub-par. Never quite "sets", a little too thin. It's a shame, too, because the shades are quite nice. Oh well. No more Rimmel for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Katlynmorrow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this lip stain and it's smells lovely and applies smooth but not really worth £7

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by lovelymallie

Before anything else, I have to point this out since it's the biggest reason why I don't like these; THE SMELL. It's absolutely horrible. I'm not usually that sensitive to scents in products, but this is really bad. I can't even describe it, it's just bad.

Second of all these tends to crease on the lips. The first day i tried these out, a friend of mine told me that I had a line on my lower lip. I checked, and found out it was one of these. It was quite embarrasing, and I actually haven't worn them in public since. I don't know if my lips were just dry that day, I had put to much on, but I won't risk wearing them again if they crease. Especially since all of these colours are really bright and pigmented.

Not the best thing you can get your hands on, definitely. Try the Kate lipsticks from Rimmel instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2014 11:00:00 AM More reviews by NJCathi

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My HG gloss stain is YSL but I'm always willing to try a DS option. I had a coupon at CVS so I thought I'd give this a try. I completely agree with the other reviewers about the smell. It's pretty overwhelming but doesn't last all that long so I can let that go. The coverage is full and there is some shine but I think it's more of a liquid lipstick than a gloss. I get about 2-3 hours of wear and there is a nice stain left behind. Haven't had too much of an issue with feathering.