April 20, 2014 | 1652 users online

Lip Gloss - Rimmel - Show off lip lacquer

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Katlynmorrow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this lip stain and it's smells lovely and applies smooth but not really worth £7

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by lovelymallie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Before anything else, I have to point this out since it's the biggest reason why I don't like these; THE SMELL. It's absolutely horrible. I'm not usually that sensitive to scents in products, but this is really bad. I can't even describe it, it's just bad.

Second of all these tends to crease on the lips. The first day i tried these out, a friend of mine told me that I had a line on my lower lip. I checked, and found out it was one of these. It was quite embarrasing, and I actually haven't worn them in public since. I don't know if my lips were just dry that day, I had put to much on, but I won't risk wearing them again if they crease. Especially since all of these colours are really bright and pigmented.

Not the best thing you can get your hands on, definitely. Try the Kate lipsticks from Rimmel instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2014 11:00:00 AM More reviews by NJCathi

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My HG gloss stain is YSL but I'm always willing to try a DS option. I had a coupon at CVS so I thought I'd give this a try. I completely agree with the other reviewers about the smell. It's pretty overwhelming but doesn't last all that long so I can let that go. The coverage is full and there is some shine but I think it's more of a liquid lipstick than a gloss. I get about 2-3 hours of wear and there is a nice stain left behind. Haven't had too much of an issue with feathering.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 8:30:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

While the texture was nice, I found the scent to be overpowering. My biggest pet peeve with this lip lacquer is the longevity. It gives such an opaque color payoff, you would think that it would last for quite some time. On me, it wiped off in less than an hour. Disappointing because Comet was such a pretty color. Good thing I only picked up one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by priyaj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is way over-hyped in my opinion. I have this in 301 Galaxy and am really disappointed in the product. I do like the texture of the lacquer and how it's a cross between a gloss and lipstick. What I don't like is how poorly it stays on and how my lips look after the pigment has worn off. There are glitter particles in this color and it looks bad - I even found some glitter on my upper lip and I have no idea how. I just wore it go shopping, then looked in the mirror 3 hours later and the pigment was mostly gone, leaving noticeable glitter. I didn't do any eating, drinking, or prolonged talking during that time. I've tried to make this work several times, but it's just not happening.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by thekayesade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wonderful color pay off with okay staying power.. I do like the finish and coverage is medium to full. It leaves a nice stain and looks good for a work option. I brought 2 shades luna and galaxy and I don't believe I will not be adding any more simply because their other good drugstore versions of lip lacquer out....

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by flakyknitter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Far and away the WORST cosmetic product I've ever used. The doe foot applicator has a rough texture to it that instantly irritated my lips. To make it worse, the doe foot is indented which just acts as a very irritating suction cup. As you wipe on the product, it just scrapes it back off. It gets worse....the STENCH of chemicals & irritating burn on my lips from this formula is absolutely unacceptable. It started drying out my lips almost instantly - I had to run for the makeup remover and scrub this off immediately. SHAME on Rimmel for this product. It went directly into the garbage & I am NEVER visiting the Rimmel display again for any product. Any company that thinks it's ok to sell this has lost my trust permanently.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by k1dub

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff reeks! It also lingers long after application. Even worse is that the color goes on streaky. I tossed it after one use.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by amybearr

So I got this product at Walgreens and they are having a 50% off sale on all Rimmel products so I figured I would give this a try. I bought 4 of them mainly because they were soo cheap, regularly they are 4.79 at walgreens. They are extremely pigmented, which I like a lot because I have super dark lips and most colors even in lipsticks cover the colors of my lips. They lasted about 3 1/2 hours on me which I liked a lot because you could just put it in your purse and apply it later in the day. Well because they are really pigmented you want to put them on with a mirror, but the brush is very easy to use and is easy to outline your lips. Overall I love this product and I may go out and buy some more before this sale ends.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by PeonyRed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product though. THE TASTE. IT'S HORRIBLE.
I'm not kidding. I swiped this on my lips, and besides the color Luna looking straight up orange on me, I could feel the perfume-like, artificial smell in the back of my throat. Now, maybe I'm very sensitive, but I simply can't stand it. The packaging is gorgeous, the British name is awesome (I don't know why they changed it for us Americans - I'm vaguely offended), and the shade selection is nice. The color pay off is nice, and it sits on my lips well. BUT GOD THAT SMELL. I've noticed many of these lip lacquer/liquid lipstick products have similar smells. and I can't understand why. This smell translates as a horrible taste that actually makes my throat feel dry. Maybe that's an allergy? Either way, I've read many reviews that claimed the same aversion to varying degrees, so I might just be an extreme case. That being said, I simply can not recommend these. At all.