July 23, 2014 | 1934 users online

Lips - Rimmel - Show off lip lacquer - Solstice

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2014 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try some of these because I love sheer, moist lip gloss, especially when they're pigmented and come in great colors. This is a shimmery, grapey plum, shiny gloss. The color is a little too grapey for my super pale NC10-15 skin with yellow undertones and ruddiness from rosacea. It's just not a flattering color on me, but I can see that it would great on other skin tones as it is a beautiful color. The product is applied by wand, with a doe-foot applicator, and you can make the coverage as sheer or intense as you prefer. The shimmer is fine, and not glittery or cheap looking. The gloss is not gloppy or sticky at all. Other pros: the price is great (around $5-$6 before coupons/discounts), and the scent is fruity-vanilla -- yum! The staying isn't great, and you definitely have to reapply after eating or drinking -- but that's pretty typical for a moist gloss. Overall, I love this line of glosses and lately I've been wearing the color Solstice from it often.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Dozastroze

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this product- Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer in 'Stargazer' which is a beautiful, light golden tan color- small hints of Gold. Absolutley beautiful, nicely pigmented and the texture is smooth and rich- geat staying power and looks great on tanned skin or olive skin. There is a small taste, not unpleasant but note there is a taste- I cant pin point - perhaps cucumber'ish. I also purchased another Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer beautiful color 'Nude Eclipse' which is a very nude, flat Beige color, perfect with a flesh colored liner or perhaps a Mauve liner - I dont wear lip liner however some do so I thought I'd suggest it. Both colors are beautiful and I purchased them at Walgreen's for $4.99.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by distinewatso123

This lip gloss was love at first wear for me! The formula is what I consider perfect - smooth (not sticky or gritty), pigmented (the actual color shows up), & pleasant smelling (fruity/sweet like Milani lip products). Solstice is pretty much a shimmery version of my natural lip color which is what I like to wear 95% of the time. I bought two other shades but I have not worn either yet because I can't put this one down. Another win for Rimmel in the lip department!