Rimmel Show off lip lacquer - Solstice

4.8

on 2/6/2015 10:28:00 AM

I just wanted to comment on the Rimmel Show-off lip lacquer in Solstice because it's my absolutist fav. I love it so much that I went out and purchased one for every bag. The perfect match concealer 2-1 335 for light/medium I'm not sure about because I'm just starting to wear make-up the older I get and it's because of what Sophia Vergara said on an interview that every woman should always look appropriate while leaving the house you never know who you will see. When you look @Spanish women they do always seem put together so I took her advice and went out and purchased a few things. I'm new to makeup so I only use bronzer, sometimes concealer and once in awhile tinted moisturizer. The only thing is when you have dry/sensitive skin and you don't apply correctly instead of making you look better it can make you look older so I'm still figuring it out and I don't wear allot because if I can feel it on my skin then obviously it's too much. I'm rambling my point the Rimmel solstice is my go to for gloss.

on 3/30/2014 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I wanted to try some of these because I love sheer, moist lip gloss, especially when they're pigmented and come in great colors. This is a shimmery, grapey plum, shiny gloss. The color is a little too grapey for my super pale NC10-15 skin with yellow undertones and ruddiness from rosacea. It's just not a flattering color on me, but I can see that it would great on other skin tones as it is a beautiful color. The product is applied by wand, with a doe-foot applicator, and you can make the coverage as sheer or intense as you prefer. The shimmer is fine, and not glittery or cheap looking. The gloss is not gloppy or sticky at all. Other pros: the price is great (around $5-$6 before coupons/discounts), and the scent is fruity-vanilla -- yum! The staying isn't great, and you definitely have to reapply after eating or drinking -- but that's pretty typical for a moist gloss. Overall, I love this line of glosses and lately I've been wearing the color Solstice from it often.

on 6/13/2013 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I love this product- Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer in 'Stargazer' which is a beautiful, light golden tan color- small hints of Gold. Absolutley beautiful, nicely pigmented and the texture is smooth and rich- geat staying power and looks great on tanned skin or olive skin. There is a small taste, not unpleasant but note there is a taste- I cant pin point - perhaps cucumber'ish. I also purchased another Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer beautiful color 'Nude Eclipse' which is a very nude, flat Beige color, perfect with a flesh colored liner or perhaps a Mauve liner - I dont wear lip liner however some do so I thought I'd suggest it. Both colors are beautiful and I purchased them at Walgreen's for $4.99.

This lip gloss was love at first wear for me! The formula is what I consider perfect - smooth (not sticky or gritty), pigmented (the actual color shows up), & pleasant smelling (fruity/sweet like Milani lip products). Solstice is pretty much a shimmery version of my natural lip color which is what I like to wear 95% of the time. I bought two other shades but I have not worn either yet because I can't put this one down. Another win for Rimmel in the lip department!