April 21, 2014 | 908 users online

Lipstick - Essence - Stay Matt Lip Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 7:07:00 PM More reviews by Bellalovesbeauty

I love this product!!!!!!
This by far the best drugstore/affordable lip cream i have ever used. Not only does it smell like vanilla cupcakes but it has longlasting properties. It also dries completely matte with no sheen or anything which can feel quite drying on the lips ( if you dont like the dry feeling you can always use a gloss or lipbalm).

My only complaint in the removal of this product is quite tricky. It comes of like little balls when trying to use makeup remover.
I dont really mind this becuase it means that it has stayed on for a long time.

Bella xx

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the shade called Velvet Rose. It is a pretty light warm pink color if that makes sense. Not at all a classic bubblegum shade. Nevertheless, it does look good against my skin tone without washing me out and the formulation is decent. It is highly pigmented and has longevity. It dries fast enough and yet it doesn't dry out my lips or go on tacky. Remember to exfoliate your lips if you are prone to flakiness. This stuff will exaggerate it, especially this particular color. It has a generic vanilla scent that is not too cloying. I can't wait to try out more shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 7:38:00 PM More reviews by igotalittledevil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

GREAT lip cream!really not expected this quality for such a price! I got the hot pink and red, full coverage with stain power,even wipe away the top coat, after eating, I still got color on my lips. a bit dry after all day, but not serious.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by kroshicake

I'm going to keep this short and sweet, I own the berry, nude, and red shades:
-excellent pigment
-smells delicious (like vanilla cupcakes, comparable to NYX soft matte lip cream)
-creamy and matte
-applies nicely
-needs reapplication, but I don't value that quality too highly in comparison to the other extreme benefits!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by MacPeetster

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Way too cakey!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2014 7:25:00 AM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product in the lighter rose shade. I don't think the shade quite suits me, but I won't base my review on the mismatched color. What I will base my review on is the disgusting texture and horrible smell of this product. It went on creamy, but not creamy in that nice way that a lip butter goes on. It went on creamy like slathering a actual butter across my mouth. It was impossible to get the gloopy texture to cover evenly, and once it dried down, which took a long time, it both settled into all the little creases in my lips, and glooped up in weird clumps. I never have issues with lip products doing either of these things, but this product managed to do just that. I looked like a rabid dog foaming at the mouth. It has an incredibly strong sickly sweet smell that does not go away after wearing it for any amount of time. Long story short, this was a huge fail for me. To add a positive side, I love love love the longlasting lipstick line from this brand. Essence has been very hit or miss for me. But at this price point, who knows, maybe it's worth a shot for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 6:07:00 AM More reviews by runwayartist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

After reading a couple of reviews I decided to go buy it for myself. I got the 2 nudes and the fuchsia one. To be honest I expected them to last longer. I am a smoker and when I go out eating/drinking etc. the nude ones practically dissapear after half an hour. The fuchsia one lasts quite well though, and it stains your lips nicely.
Overall I think they are great, especially for their price (2.5$), the nudes are the perfect color for every day and the packaging is quite ok. I just wish they come up with more shades!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2014 10:07:00 PM More reviews by kings20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to love this lip cream. I just picked up Silky Red from Shoppers and it was the last one left in that shade. Was excited to try it as soon as I got home. I applied a light dab of balm prior to the lip cream and found that the lip cream went on streaky. Took a while to get the color even. It's a bit too orange to be a true red. Tomato red us more accurate. The thing that sucks is that it comes off so easily! Even when blotted the color transfers on everything. Overall - not great.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 6:14:00 AM More reviews by Sarem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This lip cream looks really matte and bold. This is a bright red with matte finish. It can dry ur lips but you can comfort your lips by putting vaseline, any moisturizing cream. Plus it is not an easy come off lip cream since it is long lasting.... Use this when you want all eyes on you. Def. works... Please have a look at the photos I wear silky red :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Dwaryy

I really love this lip gloss, although I too have to blot my lips a few times to prevent a stringing, but it's worth it!