July 31, 2014 | 1634 users online

Lipstick - Essence - Stay Matt Lip Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 8:59:00 PM More reviews by LongBeachGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Have this in velvet Rose and I is smitten with both the color and longevity. Applied straight from the applicator seemed a bit too thick and extremely opaque. So I tried it with a lip brush then dabbed a little Clinique Apricot gloss over top and oh my I squealed with delight at how beautiful this looked. Just gorgeous! Will for sure own more colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by ang3lwithashotgun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this lip cream in Velvet Rose and it's super pigmented and not drying and I like the sweet smell. But its not a nude lip for me [I'm asian] so it looks weird that my lips are lighter than my skin, so I will probably repurchase in another colour :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 10:04:00 PM More reviews by beautycalls09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is an excellent dupe for NYX matte lip creams, even down to the delicious vanilla scent! They don't come in nearly as many colors as NYX offers, but I picked up the pinky nude shade (third one in the photo posted above) and tried out the red one in-store. The red was a bit too bright for my taste and didn't apply evenly, but the pink-nude is pretty amazing considering it's $3. I've been looking for a good nude that doesn't make me look washed out and this is it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by VerniePie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just bought this in the red shade and I'm really impressed!!!! The consistency of this lip cream is super creamy and rich and feels really nice on my lips but it's also totally matte!!!! Most of the times with matte lip colors they can be very drying on the lips and not feel very good but this product feels very moisturizing and creamy and still offers that matte finish. I have not come across any other lip product that can offer a matte finish but still feel nice and creamy on the lips, this product is a winner and it's super cheap! The color is very long lasting and kind of stains your lips a little bit so if it wears off you still have a little color on there. This product is an all-star and I can't wait to go back to the store and try the other colors!!!! I definitely recommend you try them and if you are unfamiliar to the Essence line I would check out their entire line they have really amazing products that outperform the high end brands for super cheap prices (we're talking Wet 'n' Wild prices) and they have a huge variety of eye and lip products and stuff for your face too. Be sure to pick up this lip cream too! It is amazing!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Pandora7

I got this is the red and the fuschia and the colours are both gorgeous. It feels good going on, lasts a fair amount of time without being too drying. The 2 cons I found with these are the cloying fake vanilla custard scent, and the fact that I always seem to transfer these to my teeth unless I blot a lot. Fun to play with, but I'll probably look for similar colours in another formula/brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by jewelofdenial

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

As with any matte lip product this can make your lips dry after awhile, but otherwise this is a great lip cream. I have the nude/pink one and the bright berry one and I love them both. Long lasting, velvety feeling on the lips, and vanilla cupcake scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 7:07:00 PM More reviews by Bellalovesbeauty

I love this product!!!!!!
This by far the best drugstore/affordable lip cream i have ever used. Not only does it smell like vanilla cupcakes but it has longlasting properties. It also dries completely matte with no sheen or anything which can feel quite drying on the lips ( if you dont like the dry feeling you can always use a gloss or lipbalm).

My only complaint in the removal of this product is quite tricky. It comes of like little balls when trying to use makeup remover.
I dont really mind this becuase it means that it has stayed on for a long time.

Bella xx

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the shade called Velvet Rose. It is a pretty light warm pink color if that makes sense. Not at all a classic bubblegum shade. Nevertheless, it does look good against my skin tone without washing me out and the formulation is decent. It is highly pigmented and has longevity. It dries fast enough and yet it doesn't dry out my lips or go on tacky. Remember to exfoliate your lips if you are prone to flakiness. This stuff will exaggerate it, especially this particular color. It has a generic vanilla scent that is not too cloying. I can't wait to try out more shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 7:38:00 PM More reviews by igotalittledevil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

GREAT lip cream!really not expected this quality for such a price! I got the hot pink and red, full coverage with stain power,even wipe away the top coat, after eating, I still got color on my lips. a bit dry after all day, but not serious.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by kroshicake

I'm going to keep this short and sweet, I own the berry, nude, and red shades:
-excellent pigment
-smells delicious (like vanilla cupcakes, comparable to NYX soft matte lip cream)
-creamy and matte
-applies nicely
-needs reapplication, but I don't value that quality too highly in comparison to the other extreme benefits!