Maybelline Big Eyes Waterproof

2.5

AQUA / WATER, PARAFFIN, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX, COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA / CARNAUBA WAX, ETHYLENE/ACRYLIC ACID COPOLYMER, STEARETH-2, CETYL ALCOHOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, ACACIA SENEGAL / ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, ETHYLENEDIAMINE/STEARYL DIMER DILINOLEATE COPOLYMER, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, HYDROGENATED JOJOBA OIL, HYDROGENATED PALM OIL, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, DISODIUM EDTA, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, ARGININE, SERINE, 2-OLEAMIDO- 1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, PANTHENOL, GLUTAMIC ACID, SOLUBLE COLLAGEN, SILICA, SODIUM CHONDROITIN SULFATE, ATELOCOLLAGEN, [+/- MAY CONTAIN, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510 / FERRIC FERROCYANIDE]. F.I.L. D159046/6

on 5/17/2015 5:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

"Never clumps," you say? BIGGEST LIE EVER!! THIS PRODUCT IS SHIT. IT CLUMPS AND ALTHOUGH ITS WATERPROOF, AS YOU TRY TO WASH IT OFF IT JUST CLUMPS AT THE BASE OF YOUR EYELASHES! DO NOT BUY DO NOT BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!

on 3/23/2015 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

WORST MASCARA I'VE EVER TRIED.
First day using this mascara.
Formula is too dry which makes it seem like there is no product on wands. Does not do anything to lashes (no volume, length, etc)
Brushes are too short which makes for difficult awkward application.
That's $7 down the drain, do not recommend.

on 3/10/2015 11:36:00 AM

Honestly this is pretty convenient and compatible since it's like two mascaras in one! When travelling, I can just pop this in and kill two birds with one stone! So far I've found it pretty good, happy that the formula seems similar to the falsies (which is one of my fave mascaras cos it's water/smudgeproof). It's so damn expensive in Australia though.. $20!

I would buy this again because honestly I wear this with my other mascaras. This one is waterproof it lasts a day makes ur lashes look great. Doesn't clump, fine lines. It awesome.

on 11/10/2014 11:17:00 PM

Usually, I'm a sucker for Maybelline products. I just love them! But I don't know what happened to this product. I love how it made my eyes look huge (hence the name of the product). But one thing I find particularly annoying is how it bleeds and makes me look like a raccoon in broad daylight. Another thing that frustrates me is when removing this mascara, it some how takes my lashes along, everyday I find myself losing about 2-3 strands a day. Which scares me, is it just me or does this happens to everyone else.

Do not like. Will never buy again. Waste of money!!!It's clumpy and chunky. I have Asian lashes that point downward and this weighs down my lashes and smudges on my eye lid. I've tried other waterproof maybelline mascaras that were much better. (I.e falsies, one by one, etc) that did a much better job of volumizing lifting and separating my lashes. The packaging is also bulky as the applicator is attached to the other end. The price is cheap ranging from 4.99 to 6.99 cad when on sale. Overall, Did NOT work for me.

on 8/24/2014 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara held a curl very nicely, the color was black and bold. However, it really clumped my lashes because the formula is so dry. Like, I would feel it like sandpaper against my lashes! It made my lashes hard and brittle. The "upper lashes" brush was more problematic than the "lower lashes" brush. It always bled under my eyes because I have oily skin (but that's what the waterproof was for.) Would not buy this again for the higher price and lower quality.

on 8/8/2014 5:50:00 AM

I really like this mascara. It's my current every day mascara and it amazing. It doest clump, you get pretty long lashes. It's not waterproof though at all. I will most likely repurchase this again. I do recommend this product to everyone.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This mascara marketing term is Big Eyes which we all know it won't give you big eyes. Well I wore this for my cruise to mexico. Went swimming, sweat a lot in the warm heat, did a lot of activities and it doesn't stay on that well. After 4 hours it needed to retouch. I've tried other brands that stay on longer but 4 hours to me is a joke. It does hold the curl very well and it's a light weight formula since it's waterproof. I do love the brushes how it's specifically for the top and lower. The top is a straight kinda flat brush and the lower is a cute skinny brush that does the job very well. I would say this mascara is okay.

*I used this mascara in my YouTube Channel. Subscribe and share for support:

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wrote a really long review for this - I mean really REALLY long (I just copied it into Microsoft Word and it was 845 words) - so I've gotten rid of it and done a summary instead.
Also, I usually read reviews for things before I try them but I bought this when I saw it while going to repurchase my old mascara Maybelline The Falsies Everlasting. When I got home and read reviews for it, I was suddenly a bit scared that I'd made a bad decision to take a risk. However after trying it and wearing it out 5 times this past week, I definitely don't regret buying it. I like it a lot and I recommend it.
PROS:
- didnít flake or smudge at all despite my watery eyes (does a good job being waterproof)
- not as difficult to remove as other reviewers said (in my own experience of course)
- brush design was excellent for both sides
- solved the one problem that I had with the original Maybelline The Falsies mascara which was that it was impossible to use on my bottom lashes
- I like the packaging. Itís not particularly glamorous or anything but I just like it.

CONS:
- doesnít hold a curl as well as the original, but I was able to fix this problem by curling my lashes again after letting the mascara dry. I usually hate doing this but Iím doing it now because of this mascara and itís not as bad as I thought.
- you only get 8.7mL of product. Iím comparing it to the two other mascaras Iíve got with me right now: Maybelline The Falsies Everlasting (the original version of this mascara) had 9.5mL and Covergirl Clump Crusher has 13.1mL. And here in Australia, all three are the same price.

Other observations Iím not sure how to categorise:
- there is, as far as I can tell, an equal amount of product in each side which means that, unless you go crazy with mascara on your bottom lashes, or have been using the bottom lash side on your top lashes as well, youíll run out of the top lash mascara first. HOWEVER, in my opinion this really isnít a big problem because itís much easier to find a good top lash mascara (e.g. the original Maybelline The Falsies) and a lot more difficult to find a good drugstore mascara for your bottom lashes.

Popular Mascaras