July 30, 2014 | 1952 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Big Eyes Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2014 6:02:00 AM More reviews by happinessinpink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wrote a really long review for this - I mean really REALLY long (I just copied it into Microsoft Word and it was 845 words) - so I've gotten rid of it and done a summary instead.
Also, I usually read reviews for things before I try them but I bought this when I saw it while going to repurchase my old mascara Maybelline The Falsies Everlasting. When I got home and read reviews for it, I was suddenly a bit scared that I'd made a bad decision to take a risk. However after trying it and wearing it out 5 times this past week, I definitely don't regret buying it. I like it a lot and I recommend it.
PROS:
- didnít flake or smudge at all despite my watery eyes (does a good job being waterproof)
- not as difficult to remove as other reviewers said (in my own experience of course)
- brush design was excellent for both sides
- solved the one problem that I had with the original Maybelline The Falsies mascara which was that it was impossible to use on my bottom lashes
- I like the packaging. Itís not particularly glamorous or anything but I just like it.

CONS:
- doesnít hold a curl as well as the original, but I was able to fix this problem by curling my lashes again after letting the mascara dry. I usually hate doing this but Iím doing it now because of this mascara and itís not as bad as I thought.
- you only get 8.7mL of product. Iím comparing it to the two other mascaras Iíve got with me right now: Maybelline The Falsies Everlasting (the original version of this mascara) had 9.5mL and Covergirl Clump Crusher has 13.1mL. And here in Australia, all three are the same price.

Other observations Iím not sure how to categorise:
- there is, as far as I can tell, an equal amount of product in each side which means that, unless you go crazy with mascara on your bottom lashes, or have been using the bottom lash side on your top lashes as well, youíll run out of the top lash mascara first. HOWEVER, in my opinion this really isnít a big problem because itís much easier to find a good top lash mascara (e.g. the original Maybelline The Falsies) and a lot more difficult to find a good drugstore mascara for your bottom lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by anyasreviews

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I had high hopes for this product, all the other Maybelline mascaras I've tried are amazing! But this mascara... not so much. Yes, it stays on all day and it really is waterproof but it gives hardly any volume or length to your lashes, which other Maybelline mascaras have. This mascara is more expensive compares to other Maybelline mascaras - this mascara is 8.99 and most maybelline mascaras are 4.99 - 7.99 The packaging is very good and I personally love the look of it, I wouldn't buy this product again and I'd recommend a different Maybelline mascara. -Anyasreviews

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2014 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Anyaspandas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This doesn't give as much volume as some other Maybelline mascaras but it does stay on all day - i would buy it again if I had to but I'd rather choose a different mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by michelleva

This did nothing for my lashes! will buy greatlash instead!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2014 8:52:00 AM More reviews by LogicGunn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's hard to write this review because I was so excited about this mascara, and while the concept is great the reality is so mixed.

It is a double ended mascara with a big brush for the upper lashes and a much smaller one for the lower lashes. I love both of these brushes very much. The "upper lashes" brush gives much length and lift to the upper lashes and the "lower lashes" brush manages to apply mascara to my small sparse lashes without clumping them or smudging on my skin.

In all honesty, this is one of the best looking mascaras when it's just applied, it makes my lashes look long and full, dramatic but still fluttery and soft.

The first problem is in the packaging design. There is a brush on either end but the package is the same size and shape as every other Maybelline mascara, so inevitably the wands are really short and the brushes are far too close to the handle (especially the upper one), making it too awkward and clumsy to use. The design has separate compartments for each wand, but there is as much product in the lower lash end as the upper lash end, so the upper one will run out far faster than the lower one.

The second problem is the formula: yeah, it's a waterproof mascara so should stick on like glue, but even my cream cleansers and olive oil struggle to remove it properly and it gets so dry it starts to flake off after a few hours. Every morning after I've removed this I have panda eyes and crumbled smudges on my pillow.

Pros: Concept, brushes.
Cons: Wand size, formula hard to remove, mascara gets very dry and flakes.

This should have been the best mascara out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by rfoss16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this mascara because the notion of an upper and lower lash wand duo appealed to me. The mascara certainly opened my eyes and delivered rich, black volume and length. But it was nearly impossible to remove, even with makeup remover--not worth it in my opinion! Now if they were to make this mascara as a tubing mascara, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by rippityrippity

I don't get a lot of volume from this mascara. It mostly leaves clumps on my lashes that I have to comb out. The small brush is okay, but the large brush doesn't easily go into the corner of my eyes. I get a bit of mascara on my lids, too. Not really impressed.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by hannahps

This is a really good mascara! The double-ended wand with two different formulas is a great idea and the bottom lash formula is amazing, I had no trouble applying with the smaller bristles and no smudging after a full day of wear. The top lash formula is slightly less amazing (which is why I rated this 4 lipsticks instead of 5); it feels dry when you put it on and if you used more than two coats, it would definitely get spider-y and clumpy. But it holds the curl beautifully (after a full day, my lashes were just as curly as they had been that morning!) and the brush is a good size/shape to get all the lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Missbozzer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I pay attention to my eyes more than my whole makeup . I love this mascara it really brings out my eyes and it's nice !! But I do my mascara routine to really make them pop ! But it's nice brushes !!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2014 1:41:00 AM More reviews by breezyfosheezy123zy

I have buyers remorse from this mascara. The brush for the top lashes is weird and twisted, it is clumpy and flakes off, the mascara is really hard to remove and it wreaks havoc on my lashes trying to remove it. I noticed my lashes were falling out alot more upon using this product. And the lower lashes side was no better. It also clumps and leaves residue after the first hour of wear. Craptastic product, would not buy again or recommend to my friends.