April 17, 2014 | 905 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Big Eyes Waterproof

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by michelleva

This did nothing for my lashes! will buy greatlash instead!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2014 8:52:00 AM More reviews by LogicGunn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's hard to write this review because I was so excited about this mascara, and while the concept is great the reality is so mixed.

It is a double ended mascara with a big brush for the upper lashes and a much smaller one for the lower lashes. I love both of these brushes very much. The "upper lashes" brush gives much length and lift to the upper lashes and the "lower lashes" brush manages to apply mascara to my small sparse lashes without clumping them or smudging on my skin.

In all honesty, this is one of the best looking mascaras when it's just applied, it makes my lashes look long and full, dramatic but still fluttery and soft.

The first problem is in the packaging design. There is a brush on either end but the package is the same size and shape as every other Maybelline mascara, so inevitably the wands are really short and the brushes are far too close to the handle (especially the upper one), making it too awkward and clumsy to use. The design has separate compartments for each wand, but there is as much product in the lower lash end as the upper lash end, so the upper one will run out far faster than the lower one.

The second problem is the formula: yeah, it's a waterproof mascara so should stick on like glue, but even my cream cleansers and olive oil struggle to remove it properly and it gets so dry it starts to flake off after a few hours. Every morning after I've removed this I have panda eyes and crumbled smudges on my pillow.

Pros: Concept, brushes.
Cons: Wand size, formula hard to remove, mascara gets very dry and flakes.

This should have been the best mascara out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by rfoss16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this mascara because the notion of an upper and lower lash wand duo appealed to me. The mascara certainly opened my eyes and delivered rich, black volume and length. But it was nearly impossible to remove, even with makeup remover--not worth it in my opinion! Now if they were to make this mascara as a tubing mascara, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by rippityrippity

I don't get a lot of volume from this mascara. It mostly leaves clumps on my lashes that I have to comb out. The small brush is okay, but the large brush doesn't easily go into the corner of my eyes. I get a bit of mascara on my lids, too. Not really impressed.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by hannahps

This is a really good mascara! The double-ended wand with two different formulas is a great idea and the bottom lash formula is amazing, I had no trouble applying with the smaller bristles and no smudging after a full day of wear. The top lash formula is slightly less amazing (which is why I rated this 4 lipsticks instead of 5); it feels dry when you put it on and if you used more than two coats, it would definitely get spider-y and clumpy. But it holds the curl beautifully (after a full day, my lashes were just as curly as they had been that morning!) and the brush is a good size/shape to get all the lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Missbozzer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I pay attention to my eyes more than my whole makeup . I love this mascara it really brings out my eyes and it's nice !! But I do my mascara routine to really make them pop ! But it's nice brushes !!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2014 1:41:00 AM More reviews by breezyfosheezy123zy

I have buyers remorse from this mascara. The brush for the top lashes is weird and twisted, it is clumpy and flakes off, the mascara is really hard to remove and it wreaks havoc on my lashes trying to remove it. I noticed my lashes were falling out alot more upon using this product. And the lower lashes side was no better. It also clumps and leaves residue after the first hour of wear. Craptastic product, would not buy again or recommend to my friends.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by ave1416

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this product only for the lower lashes side of the mascara. I find that it's perfect for getting my little lashes in the corners of my eyes. I would only buy it again for the lower lashes side of the mascara. I don't like the upper lashes side of the mascara. I think its clumpy and heavy. If it weren't for the lower lashes side I'd throw this product out. The price isn't too bad but I think they should have separated the lower and upper lashes sides into two mascaras. That way, there would be more product and an option not to buy the upper lashes side. Overall, The only thing I like about it is the lower lashes side. I think this was a creative attempt by Maybelline by having a two-in-one mascara , but I really don't like the upper lashes side. I give it a three for because I love the lower lashes side.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by suprstar16

Just bought this yesterday....I regret it. I decided to try it after seeing commercials on TV and reviews from my friends.
It was extremely clumpy on my lashes and didn't really do much for my lashes. And it took me forever to get off. The brush for the top lashes wasn't big enough. The brush for the bottom lashes was the only good thing about this product. I will not be purchasing again and I wish I could get my money back.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by aipc29

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This should be renamed "The Clumper" by Maybelline. Honestly, what were they thinking? This stuff is dry and doesn't stick to your lashes only your eyelids. When I finally applied the third coat (really???) I could see it on my lashes. Two hours later when I looked in the mirror I had racoon-eyes. I wasn't wearing any moisturizer or foundation or anything beneath my eyes and it still smeared all over. This is going back to CVS. What crap!