October 21, 2014 | 1957 users online

Loose Powders - Besame - Brightening Violet Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by heatherbelleday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Oh, I just love the packaging of this and the smell! It's so pretty! I have no idea if it brightens but it is very very finely milled and translucent. I have light-toned skin and it doesn't show up with any colour. I would buy it again because it is so nice to use. I also like the container, it does not dump powder everywhere or make a mess. I use a brush mainly instead of the puff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Katras

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

As other's have said before me - this is a lovely finishing powder, so on that note I'll keep this review short and sweet :

Color: a pale white/lilac
Coverage: sheer matte
Best for: those with light skin or as a fine highlighter for medium-darker skins
Smell: faintly of violets

Pros: Really brightens my face, especially my eyes (when used under/ around my eyes), Made in USA, finely milled for a soft finish, doesn't break me out, and no animal testing (!!).
Cons: Kind of expensive for the amount you get, ($22 for .21 oz, which is about 1 1/4 tsp)

continued >>

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 3:35:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is hands down the best powder I have ever used. It really does mattify and brighten in a very pretty way, and I love how it smells. Just what every pale gal needs!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm borderline obsessed with all things vintage, so naturally I love Besame cosmetics. Not only is the packaging beautiful, but the products really deliver. This powder is no exception. It comes in a pretty plastic container. The powder itself is scented very similar to most Guerlain products - violet (a popular vintage fragrance). It is a finely milled, pale lavender/pinkish powder. I use this to set my makeup (I am NW15) and I love the way it feels, looks, and smells. It doesn't give any weird color cast to my skin, there's no hint of purple or gray, or even lightening - just a beautiful, brightening, translucent powder. I will say that if you have a darker skintone, I can see where this might possibly cause a grayish cast, so I do feel it is probably best for pale-skinned ladies. I love this powder and I will definitely repurchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by MissNostalgia

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have two containers of this in my vanity, and I'm swapping for a third.

I *love* this powder. Its light, it doesn't "warm up" my pale complexion like a lot of other powders tend to do,it doesn't sink into creases or pores in a weird way like liquids tend to do, and I use it by itself for a very light, airy finish.

It might actually be my HG powder, Ive gone through so many different brands and types, and this one really does it for me.

Also, I really adore the whole vintage feel to it, from the box it comes in to the little pot itself.

I would stock-pile on this like its the end of the world.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by fashionfreak678

I recently discovered Besame Cosmetics and instantly fell in love. I adore all things Old Hollywood so it's no wonder I was attracted this line!

Everything about this product is perfection, from the box it comes in to the packaging to the applicator included to the powder itself. Looks beautiful on top of a vanity. It has a lovely scent and makes the skin look and feel wonderful. It's translucent and brightens the skin without shimmers due to the violet hue. Use it as a finishing powder.
It gives you the kind of finish your favorite old Hollywood actresses like Ginger Rogers or Jean Harlow had. Matte yet still luminous!

This makes me feel so glamorous! It's expensive but will last you a long time, it's worth the money in my opinion! Will definitely repurchase!