Besame Brightening Violet Powder

on 6/22/2015 12:42:00 AM

If you want your cosmetics to give you a sense of old-world luxury and glamour, this is one product you won't want to miss. If you want a setting powder that gives fair skin a beautiful finish, this is also a good choice. I mention fair skin because I have fair skin. This powder may well perform nicely on other skin tones, I just don't have the experience to say. In any case, this powder smells beautiful and delivers a nice, sheer finish to set makeup. It comes with a small puff, but I use a kabuki brush and prefer that. This powder is like a final layer of luxury in my makeup routine.

on 12/5/2014 8:48:00 PM

Awesome brightening and setting powder. I love how easy this is to use and I actually use the puff with this one. What I do it I shake a little into the cap and get the puff covered I then go over my t zone which is so oily by rolling and pressing. This keeps my foundation on all day and I do not get oily. This is so finely milled you don't see the colour when you apply it but I see a brightening that I didn't have before. It smells so good and sets my makeup perfectly.

The rolling and pressing way works for me and I do not have to reapply when I use it like this. Plus I use less product this way too. I am very fair NW20 with very cool undertones for reference. I don't see this as a highlighter but as a setting powder it's amazing! The great thing is I only need it once maybe twice after a really long day. The packaging is so cute and fits in my mu bag with no issue. This is one of the best setting powders I have used. It controls oil and it brightens pale skin in such a lovely subtle way. Love! Recommended!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Oh, I just love the packaging of this and the smell! It's so pretty! I have no idea if it brightens but it is very very finely milled and translucent. I have light-toned skin and it doesn't show up with any colour. I would buy it again because it is so nice to use. I also like the container, it does not dump powder everywhere or make a mess. I use a brush mainly instead of the puff.

on 3/4/2014 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

As other's have said before me - this is a lovely finishing powder, so on that note I'll keep this review short and sweet :

Color: a pale white/lilac
Coverage: sheer matte
Best for: those with light skin or as a fine highlighter for medium-darker skins
Smell: faintly of violets

Pros: Really brightens my face, especially my eyes (when used under/ around my eyes), Made in USA, finely milled for a soft finish, doesn't break me out, and no animal testing (!!).
Cons: Kind of expensive for the amount you get, ($22 for .21 oz, which is about 1 1/4 tsp)

continued >>

on 3/1/2014 3:35:00 PM

This is hands down the best powder I have ever used. It really does mattify and brighten in a very pretty way, and I love how it smells. Just what every pale gal needs!

on 7/30/2013 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm borderline obsessed with all things vintage, so naturally I love Besame cosmetics. Not only is the packaging beautiful, but the products really deliver. This powder is no exception. It comes in a pretty plastic container. The powder itself is scented very similar to most Guerlain products - violet (a popular vintage fragrance). It is a finely milled, pale lavender/pinkish powder. I use this to set my makeup (I am NW15) and I love the way it feels, looks, and smells. It doesn't give any weird color cast to my skin, there's no hint of purple or gray, or even lightening - just a beautiful, brightening, translucent powder. I will say that if you have a darker skintone, I can see where this might possibly cause a grayish cast, so I do feel it is probably best for pale-skinned ladies. I love this powder and I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I have two containers of this in my vanity, and I'm swapping for a third.

I *love* this powder. Its light, it doesn't "warm up" my pale complexion like a lot of other powders tend to do,it doesn't sink into creases or pores in a weird way like liquids tend to do, and I use it by itself for a very light, airy finish.

It might actually be my HG powder, Ive gone through so many different brands and types, and this one really does it for me.

Also, I really adore the whole vintage feel to it, from the box it comes in to the little pot itself.

I would stock-pile on this like its the end of the world.

I recently discovered Besame Cosmetics and instantly fell in love. I adore all things Old Hollywood so it's no wonder I was attracted this line!

Everything about this product is perfection, from the box it comes in to the packaging to the applicator included to the powder itself. Looks beautiful on top of a vanity. It has a lovely delicate violet scent and makes the skin look and feel wonderful. It's translucent and brightens the skin without shimmers due to the violet hue. Use it as a finishing powder.
It gives you the kind of finish your favorite old Hollywood actresses like Ginger Rogers or Jean Harlow had. Matte yet still luminous!

This makes me feel so glamorous! It's expensive but will last you a long time, it's worth the money in my opinion! Will definitely repurchase!

UPDATE 11/2/2014: Now available at! Also for those of you who are interested in Guerlain, this product is an excellent alternative to Guerlain's Les Voilettes powder, at about 1/3 the cost!

Recommended for Normal Skin