December 20, 2014 | 1421 users online

Lip Treatments - Hourglass - N 28 Lip Treatment Oil

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Beestreet

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very disappointing, would much rather use Lizzie Arden's eight-hour cream or Lucas paw-paw ointment. As for the price...

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2014 5:39:00 AM More reviews by catelfinel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The gold applicator stays cold and so when you use this it feels very refreshing. That said this is not a winner for me. I find myself rarely reaching for it because it just doesn't do very much for me. The price is prohibitive and the amount of product you get is tiny at 7.5ml. However, it feels luxurious and maybe it will work for you. It's probably best to test if possible to see if you like the texture. It's a little shiny for me and the scent too strong.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2014 5:20:00 AM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I absolutely adore the performance of this Hourglass Lip Oil, but I abhor the steep price tag. It seems to penetrate deeply into my lips, so I follow up with my Fresh Sugar Advanced Lip Balm to lock in those precious oils & the softness. The smell is a bit herbal, but it's not at all offensive. The consistency on my lips is not like your classic waxy Chapstick, it's sort of like a softened petroleum jelly. I don't mind because I enjoy being able to feel my lip products & know they're working. I use it morning & night (always followed by Fresh Sugar Advanced). The average longevity is about 4 hours before I can no longer physically feel or see it on my lips. Even though the oil & balm have been absorbed, my lips are plump and very moisturized. My only con's are the price and the fact you cannot monitor the oil level.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by heartsinwonderland

I loved the look and feel the packaging, but that was about it. I didn't really care for the lip product/oil itself. It felt nice gliding on, but it did not smell very pleasant. It also left my lips feeling goopy and not silky. I think I'll be sticking with rose salve.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 5:38:00 AM More reviews by Rose8989

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had my eyes on this for a long time, I have tried lots of less expensive balms over the years. For my birthday in October, I asked, and received this. My lips easily crack, and bleed in the winter months. This is the first winter I have not had this happen. I could finally wear whatever lipstick I wanted. It's expensive, no doubt. But if you have frequently cracked lips that are so bad, they bleed, you will wonder where this stuff has been your whole life. If your lips are only mildly dry, and your happy with Chapstick, this will be a pass for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by olivenviolet

I have been around the earth and back (or so it seems) with lip treatments. organic shops, dermatologist, the usual stores. While this seemed promising at Sephora, I'm afraid it's just depositing a lot of good oils onto my lips; and not helping my particular issue. Nor does it make bring a sense of relief (scent or sensation) or color, silk feeling. This may be good if you don't have any issues, but mature lips, beware. This is a money pit.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by tara5415

I quite like the applicator, but the product did nothing for me. Missouri is having a very cold, windy winter and the only product saving me from serious chapped lips is Neosporin Overnight Treatment. A $6.00 jar of white petroleum is saving the day. Thankfully, Sephora has a liberal return policy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After reading all the raves at various beauty blogs, I decided to splurge on this lip treatment. Meh. It's not terrible in that it does moisturize well enough, but certainly no better than Smith's Rosebud Salve, which I've been using quite happily for years and is considerably cheaper. Plus, the gold applicator is a total gimmick. But the main issue for me was the scent - it's a very strong herbal fragrance that I really didn't like, and normally fragrance in beauty products doesn't bother me a bit. I like to slather on a hefty coat of lip balm before bed, and sometimes I had to wipe it off because I was having trouble falling asleep on account of the smell. If you want to try out an expensive lip treatment this works fine, but it's not exceptional and you may want to give it a sniff to make sure the scent agrees with you before you buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by rockstar00

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this lip oil treatment on and off for about 6 months. I like it. I like the smell, feel and overall design of this product. I would repurchase this because I like having this oil in my arsenal of lip treatments.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by Loubigrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this lip oil! Spendy but worth it especially with dry climate helps plump up and keeps lips looking smooth.