April 16, 2014 | 1925 users online

BB Cream - Guerlain - Lingerie de Peau BB Cream Multi-Perfecting Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2014 6:30:00 AM More reviews by Pushkincat

Having read the glowing reviews and already a fan of Guerlain I ordered this bb cream in light and it arrived the day before yesterday. I was so excited to try it out and I'm sad to report that I am disappointed. Firstly there is no Guerlain counter where I live hence why I ordered without trying first - there's only two shades and I assumed I would be light since i am usually the lightest shade for foundations or thereabouts. Coverage wise this is a gorgeous product that goes on beautifully and feels nice. Rather over perfumed I would say for this kind of product but no problem. I have sensitive skin and it didn't cause any problems. The only issue is the colour. It has yellows undertones and I just really didn't find it flattering. Almost because it does its job so well in giving a one tone all over appearance I just looked really wane and yellow - not good. I was hoping I would look dewy and healthy but instead I looked matt and yellow...I really disliked it. I applied my teracotta sheer bronzer in 02 (by Guerlain) but I still looked weird. Before I have been using the Elizabeth Arden bb, it's not quite right as its very thick and hard to apply anything over like bronzer or blush but I still prefer it to this colour wise (I'm using shade 01). On the upside I saw my mum this weekend and she tried the bb cream this morning and it looks fantastic so I gave it to her and I will continue my search... Fr reference my mum is in her fifties and has blonde hair - the bb cream looked really lovely teamed with a pink blush, whereas I have v dark hair and some freckles, and i tend to go with more of a bronzer look...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Bellaluxe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am fair with freckles, meaning I have pink undertones with warm accents. A true neutral. This makes finding base products tricky because I can't really cover my freckles and look natural and I like coverage for my problem areas. Usually this means heavy reliance on concealer and a tinted moisturizer but smashbox discontinued my fave tm and I started looking elsewhere. I bought this on a whim and I have mixed emotions about it. The thing is that even on my dry, sensitive uneven skin this looks AMAZING and keeps looking better for about 6-8 hours. Then it FAILS hard and immediately. My skin looks dry and irritated. It's the perfume and the chemical SPF. It's not a bb cream. It's not nourishing or protective. It has an SPF and some moisturizers but it is chock full of irritants. As an aesthetician I know that prolonged use of such irritants damages you skin in the form of sun damage and inflammatory responses. That being said as a sheer glowy foundation for short periods it's spectacular looking. I love the way my skin looks with this on which is why I kept it. I have since also purchased the dior nude bb cream and although that too is fragranced I find it much better for the daily use I was intending. This I will use on occasion only. Bottom line is that it's a beautiful sheer foundation with a unique finish that should be worn only on occasion if at all. I won't repurchase because of the overwhelming fragrance and the itch I have to put up with while it's settling. The dior leaves my skin looking better when I take if off.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Jiji74

I love this BB cream it's simply the best, only thing is its not really moisturizing so you should definitely apply your serum and a bit of moisturizer to your face first before applying bb cream. The coverage is perfectly natural for those whom are looking for a natural, and radiant look. I also apply some translucent powder over or foundation powder with a brush. Also the price point is fairly reasonable considering you don't need much, I was amazed how I only need to use a very small amount every time. Try it, you will love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 12:54:00 AM More reviews by Gmmuibaby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic product. It looks way better than all of the Korean or American BB creams I've used so far. It gives out a very dewy finish but not oily. The longer you wear it the better you look with this product. My only negative comment about this is it only comes in two shades light and medium. Even the light shade is too dark for me. I use it when I want to look like i have a slight tan on.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by thewall

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

My daughter is a cosmetician at Shoppers and I get lots of samples. I love Guelain as I'm a one line women, using Neostratra skin care and Guerlain cosmetics( Gosh being my second favourite). I was using Kibo and Dermaglow but Shoppers stop selling them so I find lines that I can get my daughters 30% discount. I use Guerlains foundation, 02 beige clair, Parure De Lumiere and it is a very fine foundation, it gives you a hint of dewy colour. 2 weeks ago my daughter gave me a sample of Guerlains BB cream and at first I thought that the coverage was too heavy as my skin is really good. But I started noticing as the day went on, it changed into the most perfect movie star glow and I thought wow..you look beautiful. The secret it to apply it with a brush after a primer and blend well. You will be amazed. I will use my Parure De Lumiere as under eye concealer as it is now I realized the perfect shade for my under eyes..Oh what fun
Seriously, I can't makeup(haha) what one I like better. The BB or PDL. The PDL melts into my skin but doesn't last as long as the BB but the BB is heavier than I prefer but prefer dosen't mean it doesn't look good. Oh well..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2013 5:30:00 AM More reviews by christi4200

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent bb cream. The texture is very creamy & lovely, and the pigment is much more than I expected in a western brand's bb cream. It feels very comfortable & light on the face. I can tell I'm wearing it, so it doesn't feel like nothing at all, but it isn't heavy in the slightest. On my normal to dry skin, it has excellent wear time--10+ hrs! It offers amazing coverage for a "western" bb cream. I'd say that it's comparable, coverage-wise, to a medium coverage foundation. However, it has the consistency of a facial moisturizer or cream--it's quite hydrating. I'll admit I'm a huge fan of Korean & Japanese bb creams (although their shade selection in most brands for medium to dark skintones sucks), so I didn't like the western ones much at first. However, I really don't care for heavier coverage on an everyday basis because I simply don't need it. (I do however need a *great* concealer for my raccoon eyes lol). Since I love second skin-like, sheer/light coverage products, the western bb's have grown on me very much. They now definitely have a big place in my makeup collection.

I LOVE Guerlain's Teracotta, & Four Seasons Bronzers, but I had never tried any of their base products for some reason. I'm NC35-40 (depending on the season;right now I'm about NC35) & I wear this in medium, which suits me quite well. There are only 2 shades that I'm aware of--light & medium, so def go to a counter or Sephora & try it first if you can. Sephora is awesome with offering samples. If you fit into the limited shade range, and you aren't super oily, I would suggest trying this bb. If you are super oily, this probably won't be your BFF. Guerlain claims the shades are "self-adjusting," but take that with a grain of salt because the "self-adjusting" claims that cosmetic companies make are total BS. As much as these companies claim that their base products have "magic" self-adjusting pigments, there is no such thing. Some makeup seems to self adjust just because it blends in well enough with your skintone, oxidizes enough to match you decently, or it has such little pigment that it simply disappears lol. Makeup simply cannot magically decide what your skin tone is, and adjust accordingly.

At $51, sure this product's expensive, but it's Guerlain, so that's a given. It also smells divine. As with any base product, prepping your skin first helps it to apply even more beautifully. However, if you're pressed for time, this could definitely take the place of your moisturizer, unless you're very dry. Also, you need much less of this than your average bb cream, & if you can apply it with a brush (such as one similar to the RT Expert Face or Buffing brush, or any of the Sigma F80's), that's the application method I'd recommend. If applying with your hands, be sure to take a minute to blend it really well. It's not a total slap on and go type of product, because it has more pigment than the typical bb. All in all, I'm quite happy with this product & I think it's definitely worth trying out.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2013 7:10:00 AM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wish there was a shade "light" with a yellow undertone too! This one has a strong pink undertone. Light: for those that are NW20 or less.

I wear MUFE HD in 120. I am more on the neutral side, but have a yellow undertone. Lioele Beyond the Solution fits me okay (I don't feel embarrassed of the color on my face :P).

I wish Guelain worked on me because I really liked everything but the color, which slightly oxidized to a little deeper beige color, what didn't flattered my fair yellowish complexion.

This one is has a consistency comparable to an Asian BB cream, or more to a medium coverage foundation. It spreads easily, the coverage is medium to full, and it covers most imperfections. The lasting power is also very good, and with just one powdering, it stayed matte for 7 hrs. You don't need to blot a lot, if you want, then 1x every 5, 6 hrs (oily & combo skin!).

I really don't understand why Guerlain thinks every woman in Europe has a pink/beige undertone? I have their Parure Extreme in 02 Clair Beige (I was told it looked perfect on me. Mental Note: never believe to a pushy SA. Later I found out PE is being replaced with TdP). The color is dark and too beige for my skintone. What I want to say is that they make excellent foundations (and this BB), with creamy, easy spreadable, medium/full coverage, long lasting and optical complexion correcting features, but without too much colors to pick from.

If you have a pink undertone, and fair skintone: I hate you.

Price: If you can afford this BB cream, and the color matches you: go for it. It's one of the best here on the market. + Dior

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by puxa

I really had high hopes for this product after reading all the rave reviews here. This was my first BB cream, but unfortunately the color is a tad too dark. In summer I could get away with it but the fact I don't have a tan doesn't help. I put this on over my serum but I wasn't thrilled with the results - it gave more coverage than I wanted (I was looking for a second skin effect not a foundation), it didn't have the lasting power I sought (by noon my face was shiny), I expected it to be a bit more matifying (I used Mac face powder and it looked ok for the first hour or so), and I got some pimples in places I don't normally get
Now I'm seeking to give this to a friend as I wasn't given a sample to try out before I bought.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by EmilyyGrace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I will never buy anything else ever again. Holy wow. I have been using TheBalm Balmshelter in Light/Medium which I LOVE as well but the Guerlain provides a tad more coverage and is so, so creamy. I have extremely sensitive skin and while I will say my skin did itch a little immediately after putting this on, it went away and proceeded to get more flawless looking as the day went on. It held up fairly well in New Jersey's humidity with no powder or primer. I will say I have fairly decent skin, and my skin type is dry BUT this will be my go to in winter for SURE as the "light" shade is a littleee too light for me at the moment (I am only NC25/30) but in the winter when I am NC20, I can't see anything better for dry winter skin. Pricey, but you get what you pay for. If you want a cheaper alternative with slightly less coverage Balmshelter is also stellar.

*****update: I tried and prefer the Parure de Lumiere. After awhile I found this feeling a little tight on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Astrida5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have never liked the BB 'trend' untill i tried this one. A friend of mine convinced me to get it. After I bought my first bb cream(which was horrible btw) I promised myself to never buy a bb cream again. I bought this in medium which fits my nc35/40 skin perfectly. The packaging is great for traveling and has a pump. This bb cream has a medium coverage and covers my acne scars pretty good. Some days I don't even wear concealer because of the great coverage. I have combination skin and most of my foundations are starting to look greasy on me after 4 hours. The lasting power of this bb cream is good. This will last me about 6 hours (without primer). I'm thinking about buying the guerlain primer but its very expensive. I would recommend this bb cream for all skintypes (unless you are super super oily).