Guerlain Lingerie de Peau BB Cream Multi-Perfecting Makeup

4.4

Titanium Dioxide 3.55%: Sunscreen. -Octinoxate 3.74%: Sunscreen. -Oxybenzone 1%: Sunscreen.

on 3/5/2015 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wish it wasn't so expensive! However it is a great product. I use it more as a foundation in the medium shade. Haven't used anything else for the past 2 years, as nothing can compare :)

on 1/17/2015 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use "Natural" for my NC20-ish skin and it works. A bit too warm but gives a nice "sunny" look to combat winter pale.

My skin can be dehydrated/dry in winter so I use my usual serums and sunscreen then a drop of oil before applying this with my fingers. I go over it lightly with a damp BeautyBlender to meld it into my skin for a glowy look. For a different look it can be buffed in with a flat top brush after applying with fingers. Folks with oily skin could use it directly over their watery serums without a moisturizer/oil for a more matte look.

Lasts all day w/o getting patchy or oily for me, but if I rub my nose with a tissue it comes off, even tho I set it with Meteorites "medium" shade.

Good medium to full coverage with one application. I use it under my eyes and on any spots for better concealing. Doesnt crease or make lines more evident.

Has a slight flowery scent that fades quickly, not the violet scent of most Guerlain products.

From their website:
"Guerlain's new BB Cream is a multi-action skin perfector which offers skin protection with SPF 30, hydration and color correction while evening skin tone with a fresh, lightweight texture. The bio-fusion micro-mesh combination of linen and silk fibers creates a second-skin effect to boost the natural beauty of the skin as hyaluronic acid intensely hydrates for a younger-looking complexion. The benefits are proven with staggering results: over 97% of subjects experienced fresh and beautiful skin all day long.

1.3 oz.
By Guerlain."

I have in the past used YSL's bb cream and Estee Lauders Daywear bb cream both of which are good products. Whats interesting with them is that despite using the medium shades in both brands, the colour difference is quite marked (with YSL coming out a little on the pale side and Estee Lauder coming out much darker but oddly enough matching my skin tone better)
As I'm a lover of all things Guerlain I thought I'd give their bb cream a go and guess what?
I LOVE it!! It comes in a tube which has a pump for dispensing (me likes!) and while the consistency is a little runnier than E.L., I much prefer it. I've also had friends complimenting me on how nice and dewey my skin looks when I wear it. It covers any imperfections without looking mask-like. I look nice and healthy with a glow which in summertime is what I'm aiming for.
I know its got a hefty price tag but in my opinion its well worth it and I wouldn't hesitate to get it again when it runs out.

This is one of my favorite "foundations" to use in the summer. I literally squirt some into my palm and mix it with some moisturizer and sunscreen, and slather it all over my face. It does a good job of covering minor imperfections and evening out my skintone without looking cakey or fake. I like the smell, which is that Guerlain foundation floral scent. It fades when you put it on and doesn't irritate my skin or nose. The best thing about this BB cream is that it does a really good job of hiding my pores. I have a few acne scars on my cheeks and some enlarged pores that I'm super self-conscious about, but it fills them in nicely. It doesn't make my skin look poreless, but pretty close. I managed to squeeze most of the foundation out in the tube, so I'm happy I didn't feel like I spent a lot on it and threw it out. The consistency is lovely. I would say it's a cream foundation in a tube that blends seamlessly with skin. I just smeared some on the back of my hand and if not for the slight color difference, you wouldn't know there was foundation there. It dries basically instantly and does not budge for at least 6 hours.

The one complaint I have about this is the color match. The lightest color matches the best, but it is a little too dark and pink for my Asian skin. Oh well, I made it with some contouring and blush. I would only wear this in the summer, though. I need something lighter and more moisturizing in the winter.

on 9/23/2014 12:20:00 PM

It most likely should be called a foundation (as well as moisturizing version of it) rather than a daily BB cream. Nice texture but pretty heavy for my liking. Stays on pretty well but doesn't melt into the skin completely and is noticeable if looked up close. Light is looking white-ish on faces with pink undertones.

on 8/8/2014 1:12:00 PM

I generally use Skin 79 BB cream (orange bottle) religiously - however I picked this up at the Duty free in Oslo as I was truly blown away by the texture. No foundation/bb cream has astounded me the way this one has. The colour (1 light) matches my NW120 skin perfectly, causes no breakouts, nor highlightlights any flakes or dry spots. It hasn't caused any excess oiliness and while glowy - it doesn't look greasy. The smell is nice, a hint of rosewater - though I would prefer if were free of unnecessary irritants like fragrance, however - nothing is perfect. In conjunction with a good skincare regime, this can really make your complexion appear radiant, even if you have big pores and fine lines, without highlighting said imperfections. I rarely write reviews anymore but I simply had to speak out and pray, as always (and oft in vain) that Guerlain does not discontinue this wonderful product.

lets start off with saying that this is my first BB cream that i have bought. At first, I was so impressed with how it just glided on and how breathable it felt compared to foundations and the result was definitely glowy I would say, does not turn matt. I absolutely loved it! But then it ALL went down hill, after 4 hours my skin was super super oily everywhere! (i have oily tzone) and it was melting off! I got it in medium and I would say that it also oxidized a bit, turning it a slightly orange during the day. I loved the whole concept of a BB cream and will still be on the hunt for a perfect one. But for now, I only use it when I know I am going to be out for a short while. Plus do not like that it comes in only LIGHT and MEDIUM, i am definitely in-between and it would be too expensive to buy both and mix them, not worth it!

on 3/16/2014 6:30:00 AM

Having read the glowing reviews and already a fan of Guerlain I ordered this bb cream in light and it arrived the day before yesterday. I was so excited to try it out and I'm sad to report that I am disappointed. Firstly there is no Guerlain counter where I live hence why I ordered without trying first - there's only two shades and I assumed I would be light since i am usually the lightest shade for foundations or thereabouts. Coverage wise this is a gorgeous product that goes on beautifully and feels nice. Rather over perfumed I would say for this kind of product but no problem. I have sensitive skin and it didn't cause any problems. The only issue is the colour. It has yellows undertones and I just really didn't find it flattering. Almost because it does its job so well in giving a one tone all over appearance I just looked really wane and yellow - not good. I was hoping I would look dewy and healthy but instead I looked matt and yellow...I really disliked it. I applied my teracotta sheer bronzer in 02 (by Guerlain) but I still looked weird. Before I have been using the Elizabeth Arden bb, it's not quite right as its very thick and hard to apply anything over like bronzer or blush but I still prefer it to this colour wise (I'm using shade 01). On the upside I saw my mum this weekend and she tried the bb cream this morning and it looks fantastic so I gave it to her and I will continue my search... Fr reference my mum is in her fifties and has blonde hair - the bb cream looked really lovely teamed with a pink blush, whereas I have v dark hair and some freckles, and i tend to go with more of a bronzer look...

on 3/5/2014 10:44:00 AM

I am fair with freckles, meaning I have pink undertones with warm accents. A true neutral. This makes finding base products tricky because I can't really cover my freckles and look natural and I like coverage for my problem areas. Usually this means heavy reliance on concealer and a tinted moisturizer but smashbox discontinued my fave tm and I started looking elsewhere. I bought this on a whim and I have mixed emotions about it. The thing is that even on my dry, sensitive uneven skin this looks AMAZING and keeps looking better for about 6-8 hours. Then it FAILS hard and immediately. My skin looks dry and irritated. It's the perfume and the chemical SPF. It's not a bb cream. It's not nourishing or protective. It has an SPF and some moisturizers but it is chock full of irritants. As an aesthetician I know that prolonged use of such irritants damages you skin in the form of sun damage and inflammatory responses. That being said as a sheer glowy foundation for short periods it's spectacular looking. I love the way my skin looks with this on which is why I kept it. I have since also purchased the dior nude bb cream and although that too is fragranced I find it much better for the daily use I was intending. This I will use on occasion only. Bottom line is that it's a beautiful sheer foundation with a unique finish that should be worn only on occasion if at all. I won't repurchase because of the overwhelming fragrance and the itch I have to put up with while it's settling. The dior leaves my skin looking better when I take if off.

on 1/26/2014 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this BB cream it's simply the best, only thing is its not really moisturizing so you should definitely apply your serum and a bit of moisturizer to your face first before applying bb cream. The coverage is perfectly natural for those whom are looking for a natural, and radiant look. I also apply some translucent powder over or foundation powder with a brush. Also the price point is fairly reasonable considering you don't need much, I was amazed how I only need to use a very small amount every time. Try it, you will love it!!!