Maybelline Volum' Express Falsies Big Eyes

3.3

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

OK, the trick to liking this product is to NOT use it the way the directions say. Let me explain.... I make this work for me because I do not use mascara on my lower lashes EVER (and I strongly suggest you dont either, not worth the aftermath of pain) so I use this differently....
First, I use the smaller thinner brush (suggested for lower lash use) on my upper lashes as a first coating to grab all my lashes and set them up for the next coat, which I use the larger brush, which adds volume and length. Its a nice payoff! When I first saw this product in the store, I knew thats the way I would use it and I suggest thats the way it should be used. I tend to use multiple brushes anyway because thats the best way to achieve the look I want. I have straight limpy sparse lashes and this combo I use makes them look like so much more.

on 4/23/2015 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Mascaras like these prove that we don't need to spend a fortune on Hypnose or Diorshow in order to have beautiful lashes! My lashes are medium length but very straight and ordinary. This mascara makes my eyes look fabulous, with the little brush that tends to the lower lashes. I would totally buy this again when I run out.

on 4/9/2015 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Always had a lot of luck with Maybelline mascaras:). My all-time fav is Great Lash Lots of Lashes but I still give this one a 5 as well. The reason being is the small lower lash wand really catches all my puny Asian lower lashes! The upper lash brush is kinda weird and took me a bit of time to figure it out on how best to use it - but it works. Since my upper and lower lashes are super short, thin, and straight - tons of coats is necessary but I didn't experience any flaking or smudging. On my last coat I used the top brush an held it up against my lashes for about 10 to 15 seconds and it lifted them to give it some curl. I used Rebel Black and I must say my eyes really do look bigger and my lashes look pretty thick and really dark - round like doll eyes. Works much better than high end mascaras at a fraction of the price!

on 4/7/2015 4:23:00 PM

MY all time favourite mascara! My lashes are already really long so this just gives it the little curl it needs, i only apply about one coat. The bottom lash wand is extremely useful, it would make my bottom lashes look really natural compare to the others. Also, i use the bottom one to comb out my upper lashes if i see clumps (with other mascaras too). However, keep in mind that it dries super fast. The upper lash wand works amazing until your mascara formula gets dry,clumps will most definitely occur. The waterproof ones are dry already and works horribly compared to the regular ones. Price is amazing! Gone through 3 already!

on 3/18/2015 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I use this mascara mainly for the lower lashes since the applicator wand is slim and the bristles are short. Does a decent job.

on 3/12/2015 9:58:00 PM

It's an interesting concept, but the wands on either end were very short and it was hard to use for that reason. The volume I got on the top lashes was great most days, but the bottom lash brush was way too small and no product would get on my bottom lashes.

on 3/8/2015 8:33:00 AM

Pros: relatively clump-free, the small brush is fine for me (I tend to get mascara all over my eyelids with large brushes). Cons: smudges. Would not buy again.

on 3/7/2015 9:26:00 AM

I would recommend this product for your lower lashes if your lower lashes are fairly long. The smaller wand for the lower lashes works great! However for the upper lash wand, it does not do much. The formula dries quite quickly that when I was still trying to make the coat even it had already dried. I would not really recommend this product for people with short upper lashes.

on 2/7/2015 7:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I absoloutley adore the fact that there is a smaller wand to use it on the lower lashes, very practical and easy to use. Although if you want heavy mascara you will have to apply more and more coats. This mascara gives off a very natural look, I wouldn't recommend this product if you are looking for a more dramatic effect giving mascara. The formula is extremely dry and after an hour or two the mascara was flaking off and actually sunk into the creases under my eyes?!?! Terrible... The price is ridiculous, at least in Australia... $16.95? I'm sure I can find better...

on 1/19/2015 10:01:00 PM

I have used many high end brands of mascara such as lancome hypnose and dolls eyes but yet Maybelline produces the best mascara apart from Benefit. The brush in this mascara is curved and able to curl lashes evenly and give a great volumnious lashy look. All this for less than 20 dollar singapore! A very good deal

Video Reviews & Tutorials