Maybelline Volum' Express Falsies Big Eyes

3.2

on 4/9/2015 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Always had a lot of luck with Maybelline mascaras:). My all-time fav is Great Lash Lots of Lashes but I still give this one a 5 as well. The reason being is the small lower lash wand really catches all my puny Asian lower lashes! The upper lash brush is kinda weird and took me a bit of time to figure it out on how best to use it - but it works. Since my upper and lower lashes are super short, thin, and straight - tons of coats is necessary but I didn't experience any flaking or smudging. On my last coat I used the top brush an held it up against my lashes for about 10 to 15 seconds and it lifted them to give it some curl. I used Rebel Black and I must say my eyes really do look bigger and my lashes look pretty thick and really dark - round like doll eyes. Works much better than high end mascaras at a fraction of the price!

on 4/7/2015 4:23:00 PM

MY all time favourite mascara! My lashes are already really long so this just gives it the little curl it needs, i only apply about one coat. The bottom lash wand is extremely useful, it would make my bottom lashes look really natural compare to the others. Also, i use the bottom one to comb out my upper lashes if i see clumps (with other mascaras too). However, keep in mind that it dries super fast. The upper lash wand works amazing until your mascara formula gets dry,clumps will most definitely occur. The waterproof ones are dry already and works horribly compared to the regular ones. Price is amazing! Gone through 3 already!

on 3/18/2015 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I use this mascara mainly for the lower lashes since the applicator wand is slim and the bristles are short. Does a decent job. I use both sides for bottom lashes however I don't like it too much. When this runs out I'd go find something else.

on 3/12/2015 9:58:00 PM

It's an interesting concept, but the wands on either end were very short and it was hard to use for that reason. The volume I got on the top lashes was great most days, but the bottom lash brush was way too small and no product would get on my bottom lashes.

on 3/8/2015 8:33:00 AM

Pros: relatively clump-free, the small brush is fine for me (I tend to get mascara all over my eyelids with large brushes). Cons: smudges. Would not buy again.

on 3/7/2015 9:26:00 AM

I would recommend this product for your lower lashes if your lower lashes are fairly long. The smaller wand for the lower lashes works great! However for the upper lash wand, it does not do much. The formula dries quite quickly that when I was still trying to make the coat even it had already dried. I would not really recommend this product for people with short upper lashes.

on 2/7/2015 7:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I absoloutley adore the fact that there is a smaller wand to use it on the lower lashes, very practical and easy to use. Although if you want heavy mascara you will have to apply more and more coats. This mascara gives off a very natural look, I wouldn't recommend this product if you are looking for a more dramatic effect giving mascara. The formula is extremely dry and after an hour or two the mascara was flaking off and actually sunk into the creases under my eyes?!?! Terrible... The price is ridiculous, at least in Australia... $16.95? I'm sure I can find better...

on 1/19/2015 10:01:00 PM

I have used many high end brands of mascara such as lancome hypnose and dolls eyes but yet Maybelline produces the best mascara apart from Benefit. The brush in this mascara is curved and able to curl lashes evenly and give a great volumnious lashy look. All this for less than 20 dollar singapore! A very good deal

I love this mascara so much. I live in mexico and its a little bit pricey in here. 14 dollars approximately. But the result is amazing, i have naturally curly lashes and the length and volume this gives is great. The lower lashes "wand" i guess is amazing because it is so small that i can cover my lashes very easily. If you have naturally curly lashes i recommend this product very much.

on 12/26/2014 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I had really high hopes for this mascara and sadly was disappointed by it . The formula is very dry it does hold a curl and lengthened the eyelashes but it is not very build abole I recommend this mascara for those who like a very natural look that just want lengthening.

Video Reviews & Tutorials