Maybelline Volum' Express Falsies Big Eyes

3.3

on 7/21/2015 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Just okay for me, added some volume, not as much length as I am used to and clumped a bit. It also smudges on me after a few hours. I don't really like the double brush idea, I just didn't see that point, neither brush is very good imo. Did not hold a curl at all. Not the worst mascara but not great. Would not repurchase.

on 7/13/2015 10:09:00 PM

This has turned into my default go to mascara. I have tried many without ever finding the perfect fit, but this one is the closest I have found. Love the top and bottom brushes. I find that it's a bit clumpy at the start of the tube but it gets better after a few weeks.

on 7/8/2015 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I got this in the waterproof version and it looked REALLY good....until it smudged all over my lower lashline within 4 hours. :(
Makes eyes look bigger, but smudges.

on 7/3/2015 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

At first when I found this product, I was AMAZED by the idea. I thought I found the mascara of the Goddesses. Then I used it...
Although it does apply a lot of product and make them very...well voluminous...there's a very thin line between putting just enough and WAY too much on. It's not very easy to work with because once your lashes clump with this product...they're done.

on 7/3/2015 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I got this in waterproof, in the rebel black version, and needless to say. Im having mixed feelings on it. So i wouldnt give it a thumbs up right away. It is dry, but wet too and thick all at once. This is by far the weirdest formulated mascara i have tried. It does flake quite a lot, i sometimes have good days with this mascara, then bad. One day its super clumpy, another day it is not. I love the bottom mascara for the bottom lashes, thats probably the only reason why i still keep it. But for upper lashes, when its a good day itll look defined, long, and black. But on other days itll look like a huge clumpy mess on its other days. It feels super stiff on my lashes and hard, but thats probably because its waterproof. I never curl my lashes for any mascara, so i have no idea if it does hold a curl or not. Super hard to remove no matter what cleanser i use, and i find that a lot of my lashes tend to fall out from this mascara.
Overall, eh. Great for bottom lashes for the bottom mascara though

on 6/22/2015 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I really like this mascara. This made my lashes look thick and long. I especially love the small brush for my lower lashes. The mascara didn't smear easily like some do. It did flake a bit but not too much. I recommend this mascara. The price is pretty good as well.

on 6/17/2015 3:13:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have this in black. It does a pretty good job of volumizing and lengthening my eyelashes.

I don't really care for the bottom eyelash wand, since I only put mascara on my top eyelashes. I have used it once for the top lashes to try it out, and it still made my eyelashes look fuller.

I like this one better than Maybelline's Great Lash.

Would recommend.

on 6/7/2015 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is the best drug store mascara I've bought in a long time. It curls my lashes a bit and a few coats makes them long and thick. It's not a miracle product but it's really decent. I'm not a fan of the double brushes, it's a good idea but too awkward for me. The real issue for me though is that a few mins after using my eyes felt like they were coated in wax or Vaseline and my lashes felt like they weighed 5lbs. Very strange! Unfortunately I had just left the house and couldn't wash it off. The feeling went away but it was weird enough that I don't think I'll try it again.

I absolutely love this mascara! This is my go-to mascara if I want my eyelashes to look longer, fuller, and more curled.

This is the only mascara that when I wear it, I consistently get compliments about my mascara/eyes/eyelashes

The lower lash brush also makes it super easy to apply to your bottom lashes without clumping or getting mascara everywhere :)

on 5/8/2015 5:40:00 AM

So disappointed in this mascara :( I was so excited when I got it and thought it would be great - but it has done nothing special for my lashes, the brushes are ok but too short with it being double sided.

Would not purchase again and will continue my hunt for a mascara that works for me.

Video Reviews & Tutorials