September 2, 2014 | 1892 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express Falsies Big Eyes

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2014 9:40:00 AM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't hate this mascara but I don't particularly like it either. I like the way it applies initially. Its black and not too watery. The upper lash part gives great volume and fans out the lashes nicely. The lower lash brush does not do much for the lashes. I have a hard time applying the mascara to the lower lashes.

The mascara for the upper lashes get dry quickly and the formula get extremely gooey/messy and if you are only interested in using this brush, its too bad because the barrel and brushes cannot be interchanged. I got 1 1/5 - 2 months use out of this and I wear makeup at least 5-6 days a week. I don't think that this mascara is convenient, practical or economical. I really love the original falsies and this was a huge letdown. I honestly wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2014 6:31:00 AM More reviews by ishara

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara smudges below my eyes, and it is also hard to remove, leaving me with badger eyes after cleaning with you name it: Garnier makeup remover, coconut oil, Softymo etc. It adds volume, but not length.

I regret buying it and won't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2014 1:21:00 AM More reviews by Iceismidnight

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is alright, it doesn't clump or smudge however it runs out very very quickly.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2014 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Englishvik

I love this mainly for the bottom lash mascara, the brush is ideal and the only alternative that I know of is by Clinique and about 5 times the price! The upper lash option is nothing to write home about but okay to layer with other mascaras :)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2014 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Dianaofg

Based on reviews, this product did not seem like a good idea. I always go by reviews but this time I decided to get it despite the reviews because Maybelline has always been my favorite drugstore brand for mascara. I regret buying this. The formula is thick and sticky. It makes my lashes stick together and clump! When I close my eyes it feels like my eye is gonna stick shut! I would give this a 1 rating but the bottom lash brush is good. Once again, the formula clumps my lashes, but I make sure to take almost all the product off the brush then use it, and it makes my bottom lashes more lively.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by MMBisMe903

Not my favorite Maybelline mascara. It was decent. It lasted for a long time but it comes completely off when your eyes water or you cry. Unfortunately I was wearing this mascara when I went to see the Fault in Our Stars. BIG MISTAKE!!! There was no smell to it, so that was nice, and it didn't clump. And it was impossible to get off my face after crying, well not impossible but it certainly took a little while.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2014 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Shortstuffxo

This really didn't make a difference for me. The only reason I use this is as a topcoat for another mascara. I'm more into the fake lashes look then a natural look when it comes to mascara, and this gave me a natural look.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by MissSammyLouise

My cousin suggested to try it she loves it I'm not impressed my top lashes stuck together I dislike that the separate brushes come from the centre it's difficult to use I do however like the bottom lash comb I have an empty mascara the colossal one at home I will try it's comb and see if that makes an improvement for the top lashes but not too impressed so far

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

I usually choose Maybelline mascaras and "Falsies Big Eyes" is the only one in the Volume Express line I've never tried. For reference, my lashes are longer then average (not overly tho) yet thin, so volume / thickness is what I need. Anyhow, I got this one via Target on sale for 6.99 (7.90 w/ taxes)...It comes out thickly so 1 coat, maybe 2 is sufficient or else it can clump, or look really un-natural. I do like that the "Blackest Black" is extremely black b/c my lashes are already black as I'm (East) Indian, and that it curls my lashes which are normally straight-ish. I did get nice length, curl, thickness and dark color. I do like the small wand even for my top corner lashes, however I seldom coat my bottom lashes. I love the packaging as it clicks and snug to allow one to know that it's truly closed, and there's 9ml of prodcut, so more then meets the eye. I find I get a LOT of thickness from this mascara which I require and for that I'll re-purchase. I just put on a little eye-shadow to lighten my eyes, 1 coat of this mascara and I'm all set :) I find I get so much thickness that I don't require my usual eye-liner on my lids.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Makeupbeauty1065

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I hate this product. I'm sorry but it does not work for me. It is extremely clumpy and the bottom lash brush is awful. It either gets no mascara on my lashes or clumps them up. Won't buy again.