Maybelline Volum' Express Falsies Big Eyes

3.3

on 8/1/2015 3:34:00 PM

This mascara really surprised me. I bought it on a 3 for 2 offer and didn't expect great things. However, it has become my absolute favourite drugstore mascara (and I have tried quite a few!!).

It has two wands, a big wand that they suggest that you use for your upper lashes and a small wand for your lower lashes. I never put mascara on my lower lashes so I tend to use the big wand to put a coat on my upper lashes and then use the small wand to catch all of the little lashes on the inside / outside corners of my eyes. This gives a really nice effect and helps to make sure that all of my lashes are caught. I used to buy Clinique bottom lash mascara to do this but this is a much cheaper alternative and works just as well.

The overall result is really impressive. I find that this mascara both adds volume and length and lasts really well all day (I have the non waterproof version). I can't fault it at all and will definitely repurchase. For the price I think it is an excellent mascara.

on 7/21/2015 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Just okay for me, added some volume, not as much length as I am used to and clumped a bit. It also smudges on me after a few hours. I don't really like the double brush idea, I just didn't see that point, neither brush is very good imo. Did not hold a curl at all. Not the worst mascara but not great. Would not repurchase.

on 7/13/2015 10:09:00 PM

This has turned into my default go to mascara. I have tried many without ever finding the perfect fit, but this one is the closest I have found. Love the top and bottom brushes. I find that it's a bit clumpy at the start of the tube but it gets better after a few weeks.

on 7/8/2015 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I got this in the waterproof version and it looked REALLY good....until it smudged all over my lower lashline within 4 hours. :(
Makes eyes look bigger, but smudges.

on 7/3/2015 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

At first when I found this product, I was AMAZED by the idea. I thought I found the mascara of the Goddesses. Then I used it...
Although it does apply a lot of product and make them very...well voluminous...there's a very thin line between putting just enough and WAY too much on. It's not very easy to work with because once your lashes clump with this product...they're done.

on 7/3/2015 5:19:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I got this in waterproof, in the rebel black version, and needless to say. Im having mixed feelings on it. So i wouldnt give it a thumbs up right away. It is dry, but wet too and thick all at once. This is by far the weirdest formulated mascara i have tried. It does flake quite a lot, i sometimes have good days with this mascara, then bad. One day its super clumpy, another day it is not. I love the bottom mascara for the bottom lashes, thats probably the only reason why i still keep it. But for upper lashes, when its a good day itll look defined, long, and black. But on other days itll look like a huge clumpy mess on its other days. It feels super stiff on my lashes and hard, but thats probably because its waterproof. I never curl my lashes for any mascara, so i have no idea if it does hold a curl or not. Super hard to remove no matter what cleanser i use, and i find that a lot of my lashes tend to fall out from this mascara.
Overall, eh. Great for bottom lashes for the bottom mascara though

on 6/22/2015 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I really like this mascara. This made my lashes look thick and long. I especially love the small brush for my lower lashes. The mascara didn't smear easily like some do. It did flake a bit but not too much. I recommend this mascara. The price is pretty good as well.

on 6/17/2015 3:13:00 AM

I have this in black. It does a pretty good job of volumizing and lengthening my eyelashes.

I don't really care for the bottom eyelash wand, since I only put mascara on my top eyelashes. I have used it once for the top lashes to try it out, and it still made my eyelashes look fuller.

I like this one better than Maybelline's Great Lash.

Would recommend.

on 6/7/2015 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is the best drug store mascara I've bought in a long time. It curls my lashes a bit and a few coats makes them long and thick. It's not a miracle product but it's really decent. I'm not a fan of the double brushes, it's a good idea but too awkward for me. The real issue for me though is that a few mins after using my eyes felt like they were coated in wax or Vaseline and my lashes felt like they weighed 5lbs. Very strange! Unfortunately I had just left the house and couldn't wash it off. The feeling went away but it was weird enough that I don't think I'll try it again.

I absolutely love this mascara! This is my go-to mascara if I want my eyelashes to look longer, fuller, and more curled.

This is the only mascara that when I wear it, I consistently get compliments about my mascara/eyes/eyelashes

The lower lash brush also makes it super easy to apply to your bottom lashes without clumping or getting mascara everywhere :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials