Maybelline Volum' Express Falsies Big Eyes

3.2

on 7/3/2015 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

At first when I found this product, I was AMAZED by the idea. I thought I found the mascara of the Goddesses. Then I used it...
Although it does apply a lot of product and make them very...well voluminous...there's a very thin line between putting just enough and WAY too much on. It's not very easy to work with because once your lashes clump with this product...they're done.

on 7/3/2015 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I got this in waterproof, in the rebel black version, and needless to say. Im having mixed feelings on it. So i wouldnt give it a thumbs up right away. It is dry, but wet too and thick all at once. This is by far the weirdest formulated mascara i have tried. It does flake quite a lot, i sometimes have good days with this mascara, then bad. One day its super clumpy, another day it is not. I love the bottom mascara for the bottom lashes, thats probably the only reason why i still keep it. But for upper lashes, when its a good day itll look defined, long, and black. But on other days itll look like a huge clumpy mess on its other days. It feels super stiff on my lashes and hard, but thats probably because its waterproof. I never curl my lashes for any mascara, so i have no idea if it does hold a curl or not. Super hard to remove no matter what cleanser i use, and i find that a lot of my lashes tend to fall out from this mascara.
Overall, eh. Great for bottom lashes for the bottom mascara though
-POSTED A PICTURE OF MY LASHES FOR PROOF

on 6/22/2015 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I really like this mascara. This made my lashes look thick and long. I especially love the small brush for my lower lashes. The mascara didn't smear easily like some do. It did flake a bit but not too much. I recommend this mascara. The price is pretty good as well.

on 6/17/2015 3:13:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have this in black. It does a pretty good job of volumizing and lengthening my eyelashes.

I don't really care for the bottom eyelash wand, since I only put mascara on my top eyelashes. I have used it once for the top lashes to try it out, and it still made my eyelashes look fuller.

I like this one better than Maybelline's Great Lash.

Would recommend.

on 6/7/2015 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is the best drug store mascara I've bought in a long time. It curls my lashes a bit and a few coats makes them long and thick. It's not a miracle product but it's really decent. I'm not a fan of the double brushes, it's a good idea but too awkward for me. The real issue for me though is that a few mins after using my eyes felt like they were coated in wax or Vaseline and my lashes felt like they weighed 5lbs. Very strange! Unfortunately I had just left the house and couldn't wash it off. The feeling went away but it was weird enough that I don't think I'll try it again.

I absolutely love this mascara! This is my go-to mascara if I want my eyelashes to look longer, fuller, and more curled.

This is the only mascara that when I wear it, I consistently get compliments about my mascara/eyes/eyelashes

The lower lash brush also makes it super easy to apply to your bottom lashes without clumping or getting mascara everywhere :)

on 5/8/2015 5:40:00 AM

So disappointed in this mascara :( I was so excited when I got it and thought it would be great - but it has done nothing special for my lashes, the brushes are ok but too short with it being double sided.

Would not purchase again and will continue my hunt for a mascara that works for me.

on 5/4/2015 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

It's hard to write this review because I was so excited about this mascara, and while the concept is great the reality is so mixed.

It is a double ended mascara with a big brush for the upper lashes and a much smaller one for the lower lashes. I love both of these brushes very much. The "upper lashes" brush gives much length and lift to the upper lashes and the "lower lashes" brush manages to apply mascara to my small sparse lashes without clumping them or smudging on my skin.

In all honesty, this is one of the best looking mascaras when it's just applied, it makes my lashes look long and full, dramatic but still fluttery and soft.

The first problem is in the packaging design. There is a brush on either end but the package is the same size and shape as every other Maybelline mascara, so inevitably the wands are really short and the brushes are far too close to the handle (especially the upper one), making it too awkward and clumsy to use. The design has separate compartments for each wand, but there is as much product in the lower lash end as the upper lash end, so the upper one will run out far faster than the lower one.

The second problem is the formula: yeah, it's a waterproof mascara so should stick on like glue, but even my cream cleansers and olive oil struggle to remove it properly and it gets so dry it starts to flake off after a few hours. Every morning after I've removed this I have panda eyes and crumbled smudges on my pillow.

Pros: Concept, brushes.
Cons: Wand size, formula hard to remove, mascara gets very dry and flakes.

This should have been the best mascara out there.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

OK, the trick to liking this product is to NOT use it the way the directions say. Let me explain.... I make this work for me because I do not use mascara on my lower lashes EVER (and I strongly suggest you dont either, not worth the aftermath of pain) so I use this differently....
First, I use the smaller thinner brush (suggested for lower lash use) on my upper lashes as a first coating to grab all my lashes and set them up for the next coat, which I use the larger brush, which adds volume and length. Its a nice payoff! When I first saw this product in the store, I knew thats the way I would use it and I suggest thats the way it should be used. I tend to use multiple brushes anyway because thats the best way to achieve the look I want. I have straight limpy sparse lashes and this combo I use makes them look like so much more.

on 4/23/2015 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Mascaras like these prove that we don't need to spend a fortune on Hypnose or Diorshow in order to have beautiful lashes! My lashes are medium length but very straight and ordinary. This mascara makes my eyes look fabulous, with the little brush that tends to the lower lashes. I would totally buy this again when I run out.

Video Reviews & Tutorials