Maybelline Volum' Express Falsies Big Eyes

3.3

I liked this mascara, it gives good volume. The small wand is very good for getting the bottom lashes and the smaller lashes in the corners of the eye. The only problems I had with this mascara was the small amount of flaking toward the end of the day and the mascara is kind of dry which would some times irritate my eyes and make them itch, leading to more flaking. So, I guess this mascara wasn't for me. But If your eyes don't get irritated easily, I think it would be a good buy.

I actually really like this, and I'm surprised, as I don't normally like Maybelline mascaras. But I would actually repurchase it. I like the double wand...both ends do what they're supposed to. The big wand adds volume, length, and separates my lashes nicely. Little to no clumping, flaking, streaking, smudging, or running, The smaller wand works well on bottom lashes...it's small enough to get in close, yet doesn't make a mess. The formula lasts a good 18 hour day. I will watch for sales, and stock up on this. It's a great everyday mascara. For special occasions, I'll still use my UD Perversion, but this is proving to be my workhorse mascara. I highly recommend it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

eh, not a huge fan of this mascara. Its okay, but I definitely think Maybelline have done a lot better. I think the packaging was a clever idea, but I don't wear mascara on my bottom lashes as it makes me look like a drunk drag queen so the separate wands were good as useless to me. As for the top lash wand, I really like how big the wand is. Great for people like me who have nubs as lashes. However, I found the bristles of the wand to really irritate my eyes when I apply the mascara, so I can't use this if I'm having a bad skin day. I also have a love hate relationship with the formula: somedays it will co-operate and make my lashes look nice, other days it slides off within an hour of applying it. It also doesn't hold my lashes in it's curl for as long as it claims. All in all, it's a fairly nice mascara but I just don't think it's the mascara for me. Much prefer my falsies flared :)

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I LOVE mascara! When I used Benefit's "They're Real!" I thought I would never find anything like it in stores...I was wrong! Big Eyes is AWESOME! I naturally have big eyes anyway, and this mascara is the perfect compliment! The plus is the brush for your lower lashes, it is perfect for catching those fine hairs as well as separating and prepping your upper lashes before using the upper lash brush. If you are looking for drama I highly recommend Big Eyes. It is a great product at a great price!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

It is a good mascara. The first time I bought I loved it so much, that I bought it again. However, the second time I didn't love it as much as before :/ not sure why to be honest. But, overall it is a good drugstore mascara!

This mascara really surprised me. I bought it on a 3 for 2 offer and didn't expect great things. However, it has become my absolute favourite drugstore mascara (and I have tried quite a few!!).

It has two wands, a big wand that they suggest that you use for your upper lashes and a small wand for your lower lashes. I never put mascara on my lower lashes so I tend to use the big wand to put a coat on my upper lashes and then use the small wand to catch all of the little lashes on the inside / outside corners of my eyes. This gives a really nice effect and helps to make sure that all of my lashes are caught. I used to buy Clinique bottom lash mascara to do this but this is a much cheaper alternative and works just as well.

The overall result is really impressive. I find that this mascara both adds volume and length and lasts really well all day (I have the non waterproof version). I can't fault it at all and will definitely repurchase. For the price I think it is an excellent mascara.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Just okay for me, added some volume, not as much length as I am used to and clumped a bit. It also smudges on me after a few hours. I don't really like the double brush idea, I just didn't see that point, neither brush is very good imo. Did not hold a curl at all. Not the worst mascara but not great. Would not repurchase.

This has turned into my default go to mascara. I have tried many without ever finding the perfect fit, but this one is the closest I have found. Love the top and bottom brushes. I find that it's a bit clumpy at the start of the tube but it gets better after a few weeks.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I got this in the waterproof version and it looked REALLY good....until it smudged all over my lower lashline within 4 hours. :(
Makes eyes look bigger, but smudges.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

At first when I found this product, I was AMAZED by the idea. I thought I found the mascara of the Goddesses. Then I used it...
Although it does apply a lot of product and make them very...well voluminous...there's a very thin line between putting just enough and WAY too much on. It's not very easy to work with because once your lashes clump with this product...they're done.

Popular Mascaras