April 16, 2014 | 1839 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Falsies Big Eyes

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 11:22:00 PM More reviews by arlin7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this mascara. It gives me volume, length and adds a nice black color to my naturally light eyelashes. I also love the bottom part of this mascara. It separates each lash and makes me look good.
The only negative thing about this mascara is that it dries up REALLY quickly. It lasts barely a month with me because I hate when my mascara becomes dry. So I need to buy this quite often, but the price is nice and it became one of my favorite mascaras.
P.S. By the way, I now use my third bottle of it, so you can definitely say that I love it and recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by cwalflower

I purchased this expecting to be disappointed as I had been with other Falsies mascaras, but I was pleasantly surprised. The upper lash mascara really gives me volume and length with 2 coats, but for me the magic comes with a 3rd coat and fluttering the tips of my lashes against the brush. Occasionally that 3rd coat may get things a little clumpy, but that's where the bottom lash mascara can come in handy. I'll use the bottom lash brush and scrape most of the product off then can run it through my lashes to clear up any small clumps that may occur in the 3rd coat of the upper lash mascara. I am picky about bottom lash mascaras, this one darkens my lower lashes and is build-able if I want to add length and volume to my lower lashes for a dramatic look. I find that with other bottom lash mascaras they can go on to heavy and may not separate lower lashes as much as this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by myan21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I liked the smaller spiral wand for my lower lashes and how the formula was slightly drier than usual. I found it makes my lower lashes stand out and it was almost smudge-proof. I don't like the other end of the wand for the top lashes because the spirals were very spaces apart and had very little distribution. When combined with the dry formula it creates a very clumpy and brittle effect for your lashes.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2014 2:05:00 PM More reviews by OhAlejandra

This is the worst mascara ever. It clumps your lashes! Makes your lashes look horrible. After it dries out, dry mascara are all over your face. I really hate this mascara! I would never recommend this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by Sarahvelly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really liked the brush for the upper lashes and I loved it so much, but the lower lash brush was kind of a disappointment for me. The upper lash brush is my favorite ever.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Loxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I went for a drugstore haul one day, and the Big Eyes mascara had just been placed on display in my Walgreens. The price was meh, but I had high hopes for this mascara, coming from the Falsies line and also the claims sounded nice. The pink top lashes side works alright, clumps a little bit, but does lengthen and stays in place with minimal flaking. The black lower lashes tube, is amazing! It's probably just the brush, but it really gets my short lower lashes and in the outer corner of my right eye where those couple of longer lashes refuse to have mascara on. After the lower lash application, my eyes do look bigger, because of the color contrast between my lashes and whites of my eye. I love this mascara mainly for the lower lashes part, but overall it's great and I do recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by madisonhouston9

This product is pretty good. The price was a little too much for me, but I decided to try it out anyway. The upper lashes brush is amazing. The lower lash brush, on the other hand, clumps my lower lashes horribly.
I wish the gigantic middle that separates the two brushes wasn't in my way when I try to apply the mascara. It's very annoying.
Overall, it's not my favorite mascara but I would buy it again. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

I had this in waterproof. I do love the little brush for lower lashes, but I HATE that Maybelline didn't reduce size of scrapy outy thing on little brush end = too much product coming out. Seriously, why would I pay $ for a mascara that each time I use it, I have to gently blot the end w/ a kleenex to remove tons of excess or risk lots of clumps on my lashes? A good idea that Maybelline failed to see through to the end.

As far as staying power = meh, its OK. I usually ended up w/ slight raccoon effect under my eyes by days end = not acceptable, especially since this was the waterproof version. No thank you.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by hulagirl310

It is super clumpy and sticky. It lasts long but it feels awful. I would never buy it again. You mine as well but black paint on your eye lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by newtonviolet

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I enjoy the tube design for it's colorful appeal: magenta with black accents. There are two brushes included in this product: a twist-off magenta cap reveals spooly for upper lashes, twist-off black cap, a smaller bristled brush for the lower lashes. Product performance brings my rating down significantly. I've purchased Lash Discovery for lower lashes for a couple of years and it's great! The Big Eyes lower lashes formula doesn't perform nearly as well, I barely notice the difference. The Big Eyes upper lash spooly is goopy. I'd like the tapered design if it did a better job of picking up mascara. I've learned to work with it as a lash base (justifying my purchase). The tapered tip gets product on smaller lashes at inner and outer corners if I turn my brush around. I then build with a different mascara for beautiful lashes.

Cons: I had to try different techniques to work it
Complete removal is difficult, and I wake up in the morning with flakes
Price is on par with other drugstore mascaras, but I'll pass on this in the future.