April 20, 2014 | 1721 users online

Sunscreen - MD Solar Sciences Mineral Creme SPF 50 (non-tinted)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 12:48:00 PM More reviews by shilojean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just finished a .08oz sample of this that I received at Thompson Alchemy in NYC and WOWEE! This sunscreen has 1.5% Titanium Dioxide and 17% Zinc Oxide (physical blockers) yet leaves absolutely no white cast.
It has the same exact texture and application feel as high-end primer (very velvety and smooth) and definitely has a mattifying effect once applied.

I'm incredibly sensitive to sunscreens yet adamant about wearing them, even highly regarded Keihl's superfluid left my eyes stinging and my skin weighted, this feels like heaving going on, but feels like nothing once it's on.

I cannot wait to go back and purchase a full size product.

March 1 2014 Edit: I am now on my second full size tube of this product and I cannot recommend it enough! Holy Grail sunscreen/primer 100%!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by luxed2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is for the non-tinted reformulated version of the gel, in which they've added an antioxidant complex (green tea, cranberry, pomegranate, vitamin C), as well as upped the spf from 30 to 50. I've also written a separate review for the tinted version (which is spf 30). No white cast on me (nc15-20ish) which is rare. I am fair skinned but have warm undertones so even a minor white cast looks dreadful on me. I find both this one and the tinted version to be very cosmetically elegant - they have a primer-like effect, blurrng imperfections and are matte (most likely due to the silica). Glides onto the skin easily (no rubbing required), leaving a smooth finish. Whereas the old version gel was drying for me, this one is not drying at all. Does not 'spackle' into the pores like some physical sunscreens. Not sure how often I'll reach for the untinted version since I prefer tinted sunscreens, but I'll use this now and again at the beach and such. Water resistant up to 80 mins. Tenacious and will probably require a cleansing oil to remove, which I use anyways. There is also a lotion spf 50 that I haven't tried but that is supposed to be more moisturizing.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No