L'Oreal Skin Perfection 3 in 1 purifying micellar solution

aqua, hexylene glycol, glycerin, poloxamer 184, disodium cocoamphodiacetate, disodium EDTA, polyaminopropyl biguanide.

on 4/18/2015 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wonderful product probably one of the better micellar waters that I have tried. Good value for the price (200ml bottle) However the packaging could be a little more product efficient. It is a sleek well designed bottle however it hasn't got a dispensing lid just a hole that the product seems to flow through a little bit too easily. On another note this product isn't drying on the skin, it's perfect for first thing in the morning cleansing and last thing at night to remove the last traces of oil,grime and product build up that other cleansers at have missed However as a complete cleanser it literally disolves your make up making it perfect and gentle enoufh to remove the most stubborn of eye make up just soak a pad and leave it on the eye for a few seconds. Thankfully it's unscented as far as I can tell. Sadly far too many use a 'natural' scent that winds up smelling chemically. Definitely a repurchase kind to skin and to your wallet

on 4/14/2015 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I don't love this, but I also don't hate it. The packaging is pretty, very sleek, but it is flimsy. My lid broke the very first day. I have oily/combo/acne prone skin, and this did not break me out at all, but it doesn't combat oil. (Not that I expected it to, as it does say it is for dry/normal skin). The scent is pretty neutral, nothing over the top. The solution itself leaves a bit of a sticky residue on my skin until it is completely dry. I LOVE the simplicity of it. Coming home after a LONG day at work, the last thing I want is to have to scrub my makeup away.. This product definitely makes it less of a chore! I have not tried other micellar solutions (such as Garnier), because it is currently unavailable in Canada, so I would repurchase this simply because of lack of other (INEXPENSIVE) options!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

What an amazing micellar water! I'm totally in love with Bioderma, and it's quite accessible for me since I can get it super easily in Canada. However, it's still a little bit pricier than I would like it to be. So, I was psyched about L'oreal coming out with one of these micellar waters.

It doesn't really have a scent and it is so gentle when removing makeup. It removes everything super easily with a cotton pad and you don't even have to rinse afterwards. I think it's totally comparable to Bioderma and I absolutely love it. Already on my second bottle.

on 2/14/2015 3:05:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I am a junkie for micellar water, my favorites are Bioderma and Vichy. I recently started using L'oreal's and its on the same page as Bioderma! Removes light makeup very well without drying. No fragrance.

The only thing i didn't like is the packaging. The cap feels alittle filmsy, its easy to dispense too much as the opening is a little too big. That's not too bad as long as the product is good.

However, the price isn't very good either. Comparing Bioderma 500ml vs L'oreal 200ml, Bioderma is cheaper ml by ml.

on 11/3/2014 8:44:00 AM

I bought this product hoping it would replace the expensive and difficult-to-get-a-hold-of Bioderma. I hated this.

First of all it smells chemically, and it iritated my eyes horribly. My face felt dry and dehidrated, although i have normal to combination skin.

I tried the Garnier one instead and it is virtually identical to Bioderma.

on 10/14/2014 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm a real fan of this. It's gentle like water, no smell stickiness or residue. Cleans skin nicely and removes makeup. I really like this best for a quick wipe of my face in the morning to remove oil, as I've recently decided to cut down on overly washing my face in case of stripping it too much.

on 10/8/2014 6:31:00 PM

I was repeat buying this for ages, but I think they've recently changed their formula as it seems to be leaving much more of a residue then before, and it doesn't feel like it's cleansing my skin as much. I've started breaking out in spots recently, and am hoping it's not because of this!

on 10/8/2014 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I tried this a while ago because I was curious about micellear waters and this was a pretty good price. I really loved using this, it cleans my make-up off pretty well and lasts a long time.

I have dehydrated sensitive skin and it did not make my skin irritated or dry it out. It also did not break me out. It takes a bit more elbow grease to rub off your eye makeup, but that's okay. I like that it is fragrance free.

The packaging is alright, I like the clean lines and the boxy shape. Despite the fact that liquid spills out too easily with this bottle, the cap doesn't open up easily, even when I throw it around. (It still doesn't compare to Bioderma's micellear solution packaging though).

It leaves a bit of a residue, not really one to complain about though, especially since my skin is pretty dry. And that was one of my reason's for switching to Bioderma's micellear solution. This also stings my eyes a little more than Bioderma, but WAY less than traditional eye makeup remover.

If you are trying to decide between this and Bioderma, this is a great substitute. Bioderma cleans off makeup a little better but feels a smidge more drying than this product.

on 7/5/2014 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is the first micellar water I've ever tried, so I have nothing to compare it to, but I am definitely impressed with it. I have somehow avoided the hype of micellar waters until now, and didn't really expect much from this. I only purchased it as I had my eyebrows tattooed and needed to avoid splashing my face with water. I opted for the L'Oreal one, simply because it was there and it was cheapish!

I can say for certain that this wouldn't replace my normal cleanser completely - I am far too fond of using a washcloth and water on my face every day, but OH MY GOD it is such an amazing eye makeup remover.

I've always struggled with taking mascara off, my eyes are sensitive and oil-based removers irritate them terribly - not so with this, no irritation at all. Also I find that taking it off takes forever, and I go through loads of cotton pads and eye rubbing, regardless of what remover I use. Not the case with this micellar water - I can remove all my mascara effectively with just three cotton pads - one per eye front and back and then one further pad between both eyes to remove the last traces. Amazing.

It is so much of an improvement for me, that I've gone from not often wearing mascara, to wearing it daily as the hassle of removing is so drastically reduced. I haven't tried this on waterproof mascara, as I don't wear it. I have yet to try it on full heavy eye makeup (shadow and liner + mascara) but I imagine it will work just as well, but will probably just need more pads to do the job.

For eye makeup, a great tip I have found is that I press a soaked cotton pad onto each eye and let it sit there for a minute before I wipe it away. This removes 90% of my mascara off the bat.

Taking my foundation off with this took a lot of cotton pads to get to a stage where the pads came away clean. I wouldn't replace my normal cleansing routine with this completely as a result (plus I love my washcloth too much), although I think this would make a great alternative to the dreaded face wipes after a big night out. Would also be good for taking makeup off during the day to reapply if needed (like when I come home from work and am then going out in the evening and need a quick refresh).

I only have two complaints with this:
1. The bottle is annoying to dispense from (it seems to splash everywhere but that might just be my general clumsiness).
2. I have found that, because I like a nice soggy cotton pad to remove with, I have gone through it quite quickly (a bottle has only lasted me 2 weeks of daily use, and there is probably only another couple of days left in the bottle now).

Disliking the packaging and the fact it hasn't lasted as long as I might've liked for the price, is the only reason I haven't given full marks.

I've now got a bottle of the Garnier micellar to try, which comes in a much bigger bottle for the same price and appears to have an identical list of ingredients, just with minor alteration in the order of ingredients. If it performs the same way as the L'Oreal it will make me very happy indeed. However, if it doesn't I will 100% repurchase this L'Oreal one.

I love this product as i have sensitive skin and it doesnt effect my skin, but you have to use alot of it and the packaging doesnt help