April 17, 2014 | 1973 users online

Cleansers - L'Oreal - Skin Perfection 3 in 1 purifying micellar solution

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by LivH

After previously only using makeup wipes to remove my makeup after a day/night of wearing it I came across this product via YouTube after it's small hype when it was first released. After discovering it was a reasonable price, available at drugstores and supermarkets and that it was compared to bioderma (a product in which I had been desperate to try out but didn't at the time sell it in a lot of places in the UK) I decided to give it a go. I continued to use makeup wipes to remove the majority of my makeup then followed up with the water and was shocked( and slightly disgusted) to see how much makeup still came off. I now use this as a holy grail product for removing my makeup and hate the fact that I used to leave so much makeup on my face by just using a wipe. I couldn't recommend this more but would only say to be quite thorough with waterproof eye makeup as it can still be quite stubborn to remove!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by SiteNo8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was out of eye make up remover, and, having just read up on micelles and micellar solutions, I bought this when I saw it in Walmart. Actually, in Canada it's called "L'Oreal Sublime Soft™ Dry and Sensitive Skin Gentle Micellar Solution". At Walmart, it was $9.96CDN for 200ml. A lot of money for less than a cup of mostly water, I thought. Still, I wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

I was impressed. I really expected a let-down, just another product not living up to its claims, but my make up wiped right off. I use regular mascaras, eyeshadow, 24/7 eyeliner pencils, primer, tinted moisturizer, brow tint, and lippy.

My skin was clean when I was done, but there was a sort of tacky feeling. I have an oily T-zone prone to breakouts so I admit I did my usual cleanser afterwards. Still, I like this product. There is no fragrance (yea!) and no stinging in my eyes.

I do think it's expensive. Micellar solutions are cheap to produce. And yet, this is the least expensive one available to me (Bioderma, LaRoche Posay, Caudalie, Lancôme, Ren, etc). The packaging isn't great, either. However, I will stock up when it goes on sale.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by dolcefan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This works pretty well. I have to say I prefer Sephora's cleansing water better for seveal reasons, however. L'Oreal's version really swipes away my makeup very well. No scent. However, I prefer Sephora's because you can buy it on a pump-top version. This actually helps me waste less product. I feel like I pour too much of L'oreal's out at a time. Also, my face feels drier after using this. With the other product, I don't have that sensation. All in all, this is definitely worth it in relation to Bioderma, IMO. If you have oily skin, this is especially worth it. My skin is combo, but drier in winter and perhaps that's why I feel it leaves my skin feeling stripped at the moment. Worth a try, I might or might not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 3:23:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I decided to try this after finding that Bioderma works well on my sensitive skin as a makeup remover, not expecting it to meet Bioderma's benchmark. It does, and dare I say it - exceeds it. I have now purchased three bottles of this and can't see much reason to go back to Bioderma unless something changes - or I need a small bottle for travel (those baby Biodermas are cute!).
For me, other than having zero oiliness, the main reason I prefer micellar solutions to duo-phase makeup removers is that the latter seem to accentuate fine lines.
With any micellar solution, I do go over the area with water on a cotton wool pad afterwards, to feel fresh.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by hans5

I LOVE this product, I bought mines in boots and it was under £3.50 which is such a good price for the product! My friend suggested this to me and she was right to do so I can't get enough of it, cleans my skin thoroughly leaving it feeling amazing, will definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Erinjay

I bought this product and it was fab! It didn't hurt your eyes and is good for all skin types. The bad thing about this product is that it does not last a long time at all mine lasted 2 weeks. The garnier micellar water is very similar but it lasts a lot longer!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2014 7:46:00 AM More reviews by Pukyte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have used a three bottles of this micellar solution and I realized: never again believe the hype they tell us about micellar waters.

Yes, it's gentle and doesn't cause an irritation. BUT if you leave it on it may irritate your skin.

This product feels like water and is very runny.

It does remove makeup, but you have to use A LOT of product and it won't work on waterproof makeup like eyeliner, mascara. I noticed I rubbed my skin while using this water more than usual.

It doesn't dry the skin out. But also doesn't leave that ''clean'' feeling.

The package is awful. It looks nice but doesn't serve a purpose - to get a right amount of product. If you are not careful you may waste a lot of it.

This micellar water may NOT enough as a cleanser alone.It really doesn't clean skin that well.

Micellar waters are easy to formulate and cheap to produce. So it's product is really overpriced in my opinion. Besides you have to use a lot of it in order to work, it's far from economical purchase.

If you like this micerall water, I recommend to look for cheaper alternatives. For example, Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water which comes in 400 ml bottle and uses the same formula like L'Oreal's micellar solution.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 4:23:00 AM More reviews by xxtine1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm almost at the end of my bottle of this so I guess by now I should have a pretty good idea of how this works. It's unscented and hasn't upset my sensitive skin at all. I use it in the morning if I am in a rush to freshen up my face, to spot clean my brushes, and of course its intended use, to remove my makeup.

To me, this just seems like an extraneous product, I use it either when I am too lazy to wash my face in the morning, or too lazy to take my makeup off at night, so it's kind of like having a liquid format of makeup removing wipes.

Would I repurchase? Maybe.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by raquelsimoes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product and recommend it. It gets the majority of the makeup off and it feels very comfortable on the skin (it doesn't give you a sting sensation or anything). However, I don't think it's enough to clean your skin properly and get all the makeup off. If you want to have healthy skin, I suggest you don't use this product alone. There are many products you can use after this to completely clean your skin. I use Clinique's liquid facial soap after using this product, which gets the rest of my makeup off. Also, I think the packaging could be improved. Overall, it's a quality product for a cheap price. I will continue to buy it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by mndjohn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the product is fine. however it's not as good as claimed. it helps you remove the big part of your makeup but doesn't clean deep down. You still have makeup left on your face after using it.The worst part is that you have to put a lot of it to remove the makeup. And I haven't even used with a medium coverage foundation yet. It's nice if you're planning on removing your makeup and wash your face later with a good cleanser but alone it won't do. That said it doesn't dry out your face, and I didn't notice any breakout or burn while using it, it's a good thing.