November 20, 2014 | 1742 users online

Cleansers - L'Oreal - Skin Perfection 3 in 1 purifying micellar solution

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2014 8:44:00 AM More reviews by millenababy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product hoping it would replace the expensive and difficult-to-get-a-hold-of Bioderma. I hated this.

First of all it smells chemically, and it iritated my eyes horribly. My face felt dry and dehidrated, although i have normal to combination skin.

I tried the Garnier one instead and it is virtually identical to Bioderma.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2014 6:24:00 AM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm a real fan of this. It's gentle like water, no smell stickiness or residue. Cleans skin nicely and removes makeup. I really like this best for a quick wipe of my face in the morning to remove oil, as I've recently decided to cut down on overly washing my face in case of stripping it too much.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by jappsm8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was repeat buying this for ages, but I think they've recently changed their formula as it seems to be leaving much more of a residue then before, and it doesn't feel like it's cleansing my skin as much. I've started breaking out in spots recently, and am hoping it's not because of this!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by LambLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this a while ago because I was curious about micellear waters and this was a pretty good price. I really loved using this, it cleans my make-up off pretty well and lasts a long time.

I have dehydrated sensitive skin and it did not make my skin irritated or dry it out. It also did not break me out. It takes a bit more elbow grease to rub off your eye makeup, but that's okay. I like that it is fragrance free.

The packaging is alright, I like the clean lines and the boxy shape. Despite the fact that liquid spills out too easily with this bottle, the cap doesn't open up easily, even when I throw it around. (It still doesn't compare to Bioderma's micellear solution packaging though).

It leaves a bit of a residue, not really one to complain about though, especially since my skin is pretty dry. And that was one of my reason's for switching to Bioderma's micellear solution. This also stings my eyes a little more than Bioderma, but WAY less than traditional eye makeup remover.

If you are trying to decide between this and Bioderma, this is a great substitute. Bioderma cleans off makeup a little better but feels a smidge more drying than this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Pealion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

This is the first micellar water I've ever tried, so I have nothing to compare it to, but I am definitely impressed with it. I have somehow avoided the hype of micellar waters until now, and didn't really expect much from this. I only purchased it as I had my eyebrows tattooed and needed to avoid splashing my face with water. I opted for the L'Oreal one, simply because it was there and it was cheapish!

I can say for certain that this wouldn't replace my normal cleanser completely - I am far too fond of using a washcloth and water on my face every day, but OH MY GOD it is such an amazing eye makeup remover.

I've always struggled with taking mascara off, my eyes are sensitive and oil-based removers irritate them terribly - not so with this, no irritation at all. Also I find that taking it off takes forever, and I go through loads of cotton pads and eye rubbing, regardless of what remover I use. Not the case with this micellar water - I can remove all my mascara effectively with just three cotton pads - one per eye front and back and then one further pad between both eyes to remove the last traces. Amazing.

It is so much of an improvement for me, that I've gone from not often wearing mascara, to wearing it daily as the hassle of removing is so drastically reduced. I haven't tried this on waterproof mascara, as I don't wear it. I have yet to try it on full heavy eye makeup (shadow and liner + mascara) but I imagine it will work just as well, but will probably just need more pads to do the job.

For eye makeup, a great tip I have found is that I press a soaked cotton pad onto each eye and let it sit there for a minute before I wipe it away. This removes 90% of my mascara off the bat.

Taking my foundation off with this took a lot of cotton pads to get to a stage where the pads came away clean. I wouldn't replace my normal cleansing routine with this completely as a result (plus I love my washcloth too much), although I think this would make a great alternative to the dreaded face wipes after a big night out. Would also be good for taking makeup off during the day to reapply if needed (like when I come home from work and am then going out in the evening and need a quick refresh).

I only have two complaints with this:
1. The bottle is annoying to dispense from (it seems to splash everywhere but that might just be my general clumsiness).
2. I have found that, because I like a nice soggy cotton pad to remove with, I have gone through it quite quickly (a bottle has only lasted me 2 weeks of daily use, and there is probably only another couple of days left in the bottle now).

Disliking the packaging and the fact it hasn't lasted as long as I might've liked for the price, is the only reason I haven't given full marks.

I've now got a bottle of the Garnier micellar to try, which comes in a much bigger bottle for the same price and appears to have an identical list of ingredients, just with minor alteration in the order of ingredients. If it performs the same way as the L'Oreal it will make me very happy indeed. However, if it doesn't I will 100% repurchase this L'Oreal one.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Charlottehere

I love this product as i have sensitive skin and it doesnt effect my skin, but you have to use alot of it and the packaging doesnt help

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Miltonh81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A repeat purchase for me!. I use this after cleansing with the l'oreal cleansing oil just to make sure every last bit of dirt and make up is gone, I also use this on its own in the morning to remove any overnight excess oil and dirt it does the job perfectly doesn't irritate my oily and very sensitive skin and it feels really refreshing. I stock up on this whenever boots has its 3for2 or a third off offers and will continue to buy for as long as it's around highly recommended!.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2014 12:15:00 PM More reviews by MorganSoane

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Perfect for removing everyday makeup, although not so great for heavier liner, waterproof mascara etc. Very affordable and is always on offer! Repurchased more than five times :) never found that it's broken me out either.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 6:48:00 AM More reviews by FrancescaEQ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product! As with most other girls I've been using make up wipes for a really long time and not loving or hating them. I bought this as an alternative to try for make up removal and I cannot believe the difference it makes. It's a very watery solution with no smells or grease which I like.

I tried it out by first removing my make up as normal with a wipe and then using the micellar water to see what was left and I can't believe the amount of product & dirt it picked up after I thought my skin was relatively clean.

I've been using it for about 3 weeks now and my skin really does look amazing, no blemishes, no black heads no redness etc and I've been getting compliments from my friends, it's really clear and smooth looking and I think it's down to my make up being removed much more thoroughly before bed.

I've been recommending this to all my friends and 3 of them are on board now! The price is similar to make up wipes and the 200mm bottle has lasted me 3 weeks and I still have about a week or mores worth left. I place a cotton pad over the hole and tip the bottle 3/4 times per pad and repeat until the pads are pretty much clean. Sometimes I wash my face afterwards and sometimes I don't and on non-make up days I'll still use a cotton pad or two to get rid of any dirt from the day.

I'm pretty much converted and will never go back to wipes! My skin feels so clean and is looking the best I've ever seen it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by sawitham

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've always used wipes to remove my makeup but figured I need to try something new because I constantly have blackheads and spots... So I have almost finished a bottle of this, it's much more gentle on my skin, and I agree that it just feels like water. Doesn't get rid of eye makeup as quickly as it claims but it removes better than wipes do :) my skin isn't any worse than it was before, but it's no better either so not sure if it really is getting rid of all my foundation. Think it would be better if it was packaged in a pump action bottle because I just kept squirting it everywhere when I first opened it! Overall, it's a nice makeup remover, but I need something different for my congested skin