Youngblood Anti-Shine Mattifier

on 4/12/2014 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

To begin I'll give my overall opinion of this product - if used correctly, it honestly will eliminate pores (under foundation) and control oil.
I have very oily skin so I use mineral foundation (Youngblood), because genetically I will always have oily skin, all I can do is manage it. To manage it I have tried and tested LOTS of products that made big claims, from smashbox and Chanel to revlon and garnier. But I have never found typical over the counter products to perform any of their claims regardless of price.
So when I went to a dermatologist and was recommended Youngblood mineral cosmetics, even though I had never heard of the brand, I was not surprised that her recommendation actually lived up to their claims. I apply this product to my nose, cheeks, chin and forehead (all my oily areas), then apply their mineral foundation very lightly over the top. This combo alone is flawless and a naturally matte finish. However, for a LASTING naturally matte finish I then use Youngblood hi-definition finishing powder and then spray with skindinavia dance! makeup finish spray. This routine makes my red oily skin look flawless and never cakey - so much so that I regularly get comments on why they think is my naturally!?! flawless skin - I wish!

on 6/6/2013 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I came across this product on Birchbox, and since I have majorly oily skin I'm forever blotting, I SO wanted this to work. So I paid the $36 because if it truly worked, it was worth it. I've used it at least a dozen times or so, and it does nothing. My face is as shiny as ever an hour later. It's like it didn't even help a little bit. So disappointed!