November 22, 2014 | 1676 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Peter Thomas Roth - LASER-FREE RESURFACING EYE SERUM

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2014 10:22:00 AM More reviews by aenflex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: After a few weeks I've given up on this serum for a few reasons. I don't find it absorbs into the skin at all. In fact an hour so after applying I have read gunk everywhere. I also don't see it even making the smallest difference in my under eye issues which are fine lines and some puffiness/crepiness. On the contrary, I've started using Mineral Fusion revitalizing eye treatment, and I can see a difference right away. And it's much less expensive.
ORIGINAL REVIEW:
Because of the price, I would not buy again in a full size. I purchased a travel size with a recent PTR order. I will update this review in a few weeks. I've been using the product for about a week. I was skeptical, what is Dragon's Blood, anyhow? Sounded like hype. I did find some information and research that stated it's actually beneficial to the skin in some ways. Here are some studies: (Croton Lechleri genus)

I'm still not sold. Who knows if the preparations PTR uses are formulated correctly to give any benefit? Perhaps I'd be better off buying the extract as a stand alone to add to my face oils.

As for the serum, it smells really fruity, which I hate. It's pink in color. It's not watery, more like a gel almost. It does not absorb immediately into my skin, 5 to 10 minutes after application, the skin around my eyes is still tacky. For that reason I would wait before applying make up. The packaging is good, a nice pump nozzle, no issue getting the product out. Thus far it has not caused irritation, breakouts or other undesirable effects. We'll see if it does any good.

I'll update periodically.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 6:15:00 AM More reviews by Clementhyme

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have moderately sensitive skin under and around my eye area and I saw no burning or stinging while using this product. I do have a lot of sun damage due to working as a lifeguard at the beach for several years in my youth...we weren't good about sunscreen in the eighties, so I reap what I sowed. I do find this product has some good qualities, especially with smoothing the general skin texture around my eyes. I did see some minor improvement with fine lines, but I do not have much in the crows feet dept, so I can't speak to that issue. I saw quite a bit of improvement in evening out skin tone, puffiness, and dark circles. I feel using this in conjunction with a really good eye cream is the way to get the best results. I alternate between PTR's Power K Eye Rescue and YSL's Forever Eye Cream with this serum underneath....and get fairly decent results for a sun damaged, X-Smoker of 35 years.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

After using this for about 3 weeks, this started to break me out around my eyes. I have never broken out there before and this is the only new product I have been using so I know that this is what is causing the breakouts. A week later and the breakouts turned into massive swelling around my eyes, and it can only be this cream that has caused it. I stopped using this for a couple of days, and when I restarted using this again within 12 hours my eyes were puffy and watering. I never had this reaction for the first couple of weeks so I really don't know why this has started now.

I haven't seen any improvement in my skin texture or my fine lines, so this will definitely not be something that I repurchase. I did love the lightweight gel texture though, and it would work great for oily skins as it moisturized without being greasy.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 2:21:00 AM More reviews by Kdale27

I purchased this because I tanned A LOT when I was in high school (bad, I know), so I'm trying to help "reverse" some damage and prevent aging early. So far, I do like this product. It has a nice texture that isn't heavy on the skin. I've been using the Laser-Free Serum for about three weeks, and I found that it fills in the teeny, tiny fine lines around my eyes. Also, My dark circles are slowly fading. The only downside is that the formula does tingle a bit when applied so it's uncomfortable, but isn't unbearable and fades quickly. I do plan on purchasing again one day; though I think this stuff will last a lifetime, since a little goes a very long way!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2014 2:20:00 AM More reviews by Blondebeauty2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used this product since last August and I have not seen any difference in my fine lines. When I first apply this, it will sting for about ten mins and is just uncomfortable. Then it finally passes. In the beginning I thought that because this is a PTR product, it would be amazing and I had to keep using it. So I put up w/the burning-stinging sensation but it was all for nothing because I never noticed any difference at all. The dragons blood that he claims makes this product red and also amazing, I think is a lot of whooha & might be the reason people suffer from skin irritation when using this. I've had better results w/Strivectin and Philosophy. I would even try the drugstore before this, Neutrogena makes some great eye products now too! For half the price!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2014 12:41:00 AM More reviews by bebikayz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product really irritated my eyes and I don't have sensitive eyes. Ended up using it on my neck and saw no results

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by smileandactnice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

After the other glowing review, I feel bad I can't say the same.
I also got this as part of a kit on auto-delivery. The other PTR products I like fairly well--some more than others...This one, I'm on the fence about.
It seems to tighten the eye area and diminish fine lines...that's a good thing. And I like that it absorbs quickly and can be used day and night.
What I have an issue with is that I find it irritating. It tends to burn and sting a little the whole time I'm wearing it. I'm sure it's because I'm super-sensitive, my eyes especially. I think the result are good...It does more than Kinerase ever did..but it does bother my eyes.
I think overall it's a great product if you aren't sensitive...The kits they sell are phenomenal values considering all you get. And PTR products are high-quality and very effective...I just personally find them 'too much' for people with sensitivities like myself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 5:02:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

PTR's Laser-Free products were a hit with me. I bought the kit that included the eye serum for a variety of reasons. I had been reading articles about dragon's blood as the new idea in skin care and how beneficial it can be and also, because in general, I like PTR's products. This eye serum turned out to be a winner, overall.
Don't let the colors of the products turn you off. When I saw the red I wondered if my skin would take on the same hue, but it doesn't at all. The serum absorbs easily, efficiently and quickly. Not a lot of waiting time, which I like. Very light feeling, non-sticky, not greasy at all and smooth to the touch. A serum that I can wear both day and night. Sometimes, I find serums that I can only wear at nighttime because they are too heavy and won't go well with my make-up because of their oils, but not so with this one. The absorption factor is not a problem at all.
My under eye area is my largest concern and I am most critical of any product I use there. I always expect to see some type of immediate effect. After all, there are a lot of products on the market that tell us they will give immediate effects or some type of reduction in lines/wrinkles within a very short time when we use their product. I don't expect my wrinkles/fine lines to disappear. I'm not going to fall for hype, but I do know that using certain products will minimize what aging can do to the human face. So I expect something for my hard-earned dollars. And this product delivers.
I did see a brighter under eye area with less darkness. That was the biggest improvement for me. Bags under my eyes became non-existent and not a problem for me, which was great. Some eye products I use actually maximize my under-eye darkness or puff up the area under my eyes too much. This one did not. Fine lines and wrinkles were minimized, yes, but I'd also have to say that would be in conjunction with the other products, too. I had no adverse reactions to this product at all.
It's definitely one I'll keep in rotation for my skin because I do believe in rotating products that I know work. I think skin becomes used to certain formulas and for that reason, I switch off periodically and use another. I'll always look for formulas that contain certain ingredients like peptides, which this one does. A product I liked using and one that I'll purchase again.
Although the pump container is good, and the fact that it's not glass is better for breakage, I don't like that you can't see what's left. I always break the cap off to obtain the last drops out of any container though out of my own curiousity to see what's actually left in it. I've managed to keep some of the containers intact for future usage for my own home-made preparations.
On his site, PTR claims that:
"• 96% agreed they saw an improvement in the appearance of under eye puffiness and/or bags
• 96% agreed they saw an improvement in the appearance of under eye dark circles/darkness
• 92% agreed they saw an improvement in the appearance of crepiness in the eye area
• 92% agreed they saw an improvement in skintone in the under eye area"
Ingredients listed from the PTR site are:
"WATER/AQUA/EAU, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, HYLOCEREUS UNDATUS FRUIT EXTRACT, PEG-8 DIMETHICONE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, NIACINAMIDE, GLYCERIN, GLYCERYL POLYMETHACRYLATE, SINORHIZOBIUM MELILOTI FERMENT FILTRATE, ALCOHOL DENAT., CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, CITRUS AURANTIUM, SQUALENE, DIMETHICONE, SILICA, ISOPROPYL MYRISTATE, ISODODECANE, CAFFEINE, CARBOMER, CROTON LECHLERI RESIN EXTRACT, CECROPIA OBTUSIFOLIA BARK EXTRACT, PINUS PINASTER BARK EXTRACT, FRAXINUS EXCELSIOR BARK EXTRACT, BAMBUSA VULGARIS LEAF/STEM EXTRACT, PISUM SATIVUM (PEA) EXTRACT, PSEUDOALTEROMONAS EXOPOLYSACCHARIDES, HORDEUM VULGARE EXTRACT, LYCIUM BARBARIUM FRUIT EXTRACT, ANGELICA POLYMORPHA SINENSIS ROOT EXTRACT, TREMELLA FUCIFORMIS (MUSHROOM) EXTRACT, SIEGESBECKIA ORIENTALIS EXTRACT, RABDOSIA RUBESCENS EXTRACT, OLIGOPEPTIDE-68, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, PALMITOYL TETRAPEPTIDE-7, RETINYL PALMITATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, PHOSPHOLIPIDS, ACETYL GLUCOSAMINE, HYDROXYPROLINE, PEG-12 GLYCERYL DIMYRISTATE, GLYCOSPHINGOLIPIDS, SODIUM HYALURONATE, ALCOHOL, BETAINE, GLUCOSAMINE HCI, CETYL HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, LECITHIN, SILANETRIOL, L-PYROGLUTAMYLAMIDOETHYL INDOLE, STEARETH-20, N-HYDROXYSUCCINIMIDE, CHRYSIN, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, SODIUM OLEATE, DISODIUM EDTA, DIGLYCERIN, DECARBOXY CARNOSINE HCL, POLYSILICONE-11, POLYURETHANE-40, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXCINNAMATE, BUTYL METHOXYDIBENZOYLMETHANE, PPG-26-BUTETH-26, ETHYLHEXYL SALICYLATE, PEG-40 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, PHENOXYETHANOL, BUTYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN, SODIUM METABISULFITE, CHLORHEXIDINE DIGLUCONATE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, QUATERNIUM-15, SORBIC ACID, SALICYLIC ACID, POTASSIUM CITRATE, GLYCOLIC ACID, EDTA, CITRIC ACID, SODIUM SALICYLATE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, CARMINE (CI 75470), MICA."

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No