October 30, 2014 | 1533 users online

Moisturizers - Estee Lauder - Resilience Lift Firming/Sculpting Face and Neck Creme Broad Spectrum SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Major, major fail on all accounts. Starting with the product itself: Greasy, emollient formulation, just won't sink into skin, yet it does not moisturize. For reference, I have dry skin that usually drinks up most anything, except maybe vaseline. Moving on to the scent: Quite frankly, this reeks! Let me be more specific, this cream has such an overwhelming fruit punch scent that I honestly wonder why a company would take that kind of risk. Obviously everyone's perception is different when it comes to scent, but there seems to be a clear consensus in the reviews of this product. Even if anyone were to actually like this scent - which after reading the previous reviews I seriously doubt - the added "perfume" to this cream lingers and follows you for hours on end so it would be impossible not to clash with any other perfume you would want to wear. Usually, if a cream does not feel right for my face I will at least use it up on my hands or feet, but I find this product so poor, that I had to wash my skin twice to finally get rid of its migraine inducing scent, and toss it. Therefore, I will not be able to comment on its alleged Firming/Sculpting powers either. I am in disbelief that such a reputable company like Estee Lauder launches such a subpar product. Too bad, this was a generously sized 0.5 oz GWP that I was truly looking forward to trying.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Avoid this one. It is too emollient and thick; does not want to absorb into the skin. And, wowza! if the overpowering, ever-lingering scent does not make you feel ill, nothing will. I had to remove this after and hour because the fragrance gave me a headache.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by freyasfeathers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

No, no, no. The first reviewer was spot on in that this does not absorb, too fragranced, and is too emollient. If you have very dry skin- ok then maybe it might work better, but with my combo/dry skin it does nothing. I have using now for about a month, and I see no difference in lines and overall skin quality. I didn't expect any "firming" as there really is not product that firms skin, that just a marketing myth. I also did not like the slight pearly finish. Overall this is a 100% bust. Will finish the jar as a VERY expensive hand cream.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by treasure12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have only tried this moisturiser on one occasion as I received it as a sample with another EL product I had purchased, so I cannot comment on its moisturising/firming/sculpting performance. What I can comment on is it's pleasant smelling but totally overpowering fragrance which had dissipated very little even after more than 30 minutes on my skin. The smell was so strong it made me feel slightly nauseous/headachy, and my throat even began to feel irritated.

But worse than the smell of the product was its effect on my skin, which I imagine was also due, at least in part, to the fragrance. About 2 minutes after application my skin began to sting a little, and then it became itchy. The stinging and itching persisted for more than 30 minutes, at which point I washed the creme off. I do have somewhat sensitive skin, but I don't usually have this sort of reaction to products unless I they are fairly acidic (e.g., AHA exfoliants), which a moisturiser should not be. Also, I currently use a 2% salicylic acid toner which does not cause me any irritation at all. Anyone with even slightly sensitive skin should be very wary of this creme. I also agree with other reviewers that this leaves a greasy feel on the skin.

Don't know what EL were thinking putting such an overwhelming amount of an unnecessary ingredient in this moisturiser.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by SthrnBelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Hmm, I am really shocked about all the negative reviews of this cream. As it is the case with all Estee Lauder creams it is packed with antioxidants and antiaging ingredients and I actually really love the scent of all their creams, including this one. It does firm and works on small lines. Why I am not completely crazy about this cream is that I actually find that most of their creams are not rich enough for me except the Re-Nutriv line and the Revitalizing Supreme but it is a very nice cream that works well with their serums. From their ordinary moisturizers and I have tried all of them I find that Daywear is the best even though I am close to 40 (but have no lines thanks Lauder!). Now I do believe that the very best products EL has are their serums and they are truly amazing, next their eye treatments but I do find that they could work on their moisturizers to make them have a better texture, however, they do perform what they are supposed to and my mom loves this particular one. I do hate the smell of SPF in their day cream versions but then again perhaps this is why they came out with the Revitalizing Supreme with no SPF in it. EL does have some of the best creams on the market, some of the reviewers might have oily skin or are not the age group this product targets since women who need firming usually already has oil loss problems with their skin.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2013 4:06:00 AM More reviews by honeyibee

It balls up with all my serums

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2013 2:11:00 AM More reviews by lanzi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

wrong product for me, not for my age range :( but its too pricy so I will continue use it until it finishes.

It does moists the skin, smells ok but its a bit thick to use in summer. I had a lot of breakouts on my forehead a few months ago, I am not sure if they were caused by this product, but at least my forehead is recovered now even I continue using this ptoduct with less amount apply every time.

It is not recommanded for ladies age under 40, I guess.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by PrincessofIce

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

Terrible! All the things that the previous review said about this product is true: it's too scented, heavy, oily, doesn't absorb.

When I put it on my neck, I actually get rolled up dirt and residue from the product. There's so much, I have to brush it off of my shirt. I tried it on my face just to see and it broke me out. I only use it on my hands so I can't speak for the firming part of the creme, but I'm sure that doesn't work either.

Don't buy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 8:42:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh no, do not run out and buy this. This was one product that did not impress me by any standards. I really could not understand why it said it did all the things it does when it did so many things wrong.
To begin with, this creme has such a heavily perfumed smell that does not go away easily, you had better like it or you will not want to wear it. The scent is floral in nature, perhaps it's the Mimosa plant extract that's in the ingredients, but it's quite heavy and frankly, I don't want it on my face interacting with any other scent that I wear. It's assaulting to me.
The creme is sticky-rich-oily. That's the only way I can describe it. It never fully absorbed into my skin. I could never understand why. Any other moisturizer I use never has this problem, except this one. I wash my face, use my toner, use a serum and apply a moisturizer. However, upon application, EL's Resilience Lift Face and Neck Creme actually pills when I apply it. It grabs my serum and begins to pill on my face. It refuses to go on smoothly. I would try other serums. I tried EL's Advanced Night Repair, figuring a product might go better hand-in-hand with another. Still, it pilled. I found that rather odd. I would use a minimal amount. The creme would still grab the underlying serum and pill the underlying product in areas of my skin. After application, it just sat on my skin, an oily, wax-like finish.
When I moisturize my face, I expect to see a glow, a dewy finish, a plumping effect and a minimizing of fine lines. I've been around the block, I've used enough products in the industry to know what they should accomplish and to know what they should be doing for my skin. Unfortunately, this product falls extremely short in what EL tells its customers it does.
It contains malachite, seen in some other high-end products. I'm guessing that's responsible for the pearl-like sheen to the creme that reminded me of an abalone shell or satiny sheets every time I opened it. Malachite is a stone that has antioxidant properties with green and copper colors to it.
Although it has an SPF of 15 to it, I never wanted to try it during the day under my makeup. The scent put me off too much plus my makeup never would adhere to it.
The creme doesn't have an opportunity to moisturize if it never has an opportunity to absorb properly. I gave the entire jar it's full capacity to prove something to me and it proved...nothing.
No sculpting, no definition, no smoothing, no lasting moisturizing effects. Add to that the horrible perfume effect and it's a no repeat item for me.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No