Estee Lauder Resilience Lift Firming/Sculpting Face and Neck Creme Broad Spectrum SPF 15

1.8

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Received this and the Resilience Lift Firming/Sculpting eye creme in a GWP. After using up the mimi samples, purchased the creme for the face and neck.

Creme is highly fragranced. It smells like old-fashioned makeup and florals. If one doesn't like the scent, it dissipates.

As far as lifting, firming and sculpting lol I wish. What it does for my skin is provide the right amount of moisturizer. Within a minute of applying, it will cause a slight tightening sensation, but then is dissipates and leaves my skin feeling so soft and silky. Really like how this creme makes my skin feel. Using this is like a luxurious item added to my skin care. Do feel there's a glow to my face and hydration temporarily flattens out fine lines; however, regarding a decrease in fine lines, if I see a difference, will update. Unfortunately, don't think a creme can accomplish what injections can accomplish. I simply like the way my skin looks and feels using this creme. Another pro is my fdtn sets well over it, too.

on 6/26/2015 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I received this generous 0.5 ounce sample as part of a GWP. The jar packaging says it's for normal/combination skin, but it was sufficiently moisturizing for my dry skin. This pale pink cream has a mild fragrance. I applied over Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair serum. It felt good on my skin, but when I put on my foundation, the cream pilled and made a mess. There was no lifting or firming, of course.

on 12/27/2014 12:21:00 PM

Holy fragrance, Batman! I received a sample of this cream as a GWP. Opened up the jar, delighted by the whip cream texture of this product but absolutely flabbergasted by the strong scent of roses coming from the jar. Why?? I would never spritz perfume on my face, so why include it in a skincare cream? My sensitive, combination middle-aged skin did not like this product and became red and itchy. Glad I didn't waste money on this one given its hefty price tag.

on 6/30/2014 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Major, major fail on all accounts. Starting with the product itself: Greasy, emollient formulation, just won't sink into skin, yet it does not moisturize. For reference, I have dry skin that usually drinks up most anything, except maybe vaseline. Moving on to the scent: Quite frankly, this reeks! Let me be more specific, this cream has such an overwhelming fruit punch scent that I honestly wonder why a company would take that kind of risk. Obviously everyone's perception is different when it comes to scent, but there seems to be a clear consensus in the reviews of this product. Even if anyone were to actually like this scent - which after reading the previous reviews I seriously doubt - the added "perfume" to this cream lingers and follows you for hours on end so it would be impossible not to clash with any other perfume you would want to wear. Usually, if a cream does not feel right for my face I will at least use it up on my hands or feet, but I find this product so poor, that I had to wash my skin twice to finally get rid of its migraine inducing scent, and toss it. Therefore, I will not be able to comment on its alleged Firming/Sculpting powers either. I am in disbelief that such a reputable company like Estee Lauder launches such a subpar product. Too bad, this was a generously sized 0.5 oz GWP that I was truly looking forward to trying.

on 4/16/2014 12:34:00 PM

Avoid this one. It is too emollient and thick; does not want to absorb into the skin. And, wowza! if the overpowering, ever-lingering scent does not make you feel ill, nothing will. I had to remove this after and hour because the fragrance gave me a headache.

No, no, no. The first reviewer was spot on in that this does not absorb, too fragranced, and is too emollient. If you have very dry skin- ok then maybe it might work better, but with my combo/dry skin it does nothing. I have using now for about a month, and I see no difference in lines and overall skin quality. I didn't expect any "firming" as there really is not product that firms skin, that just a marketing myth. I also did not like the slight pearly finish. Overall this is a 100% bust. Will finish the jar as a VERY expensive hand cream.

on 12/15/2013 11:03:00 PM

I have only tried this moisturiser on one occasion as I received it as a sample with another EL product I had purchased, so I cannot comment on its moisturising/firming/sculpting performance. What I can comment on is it's pleasant smelling but totally overpowering fragrance which had dissipated very little even after more than 30 minutes on my skin. The smell was so strong it made me feel slightly nauseous/headachy, and my throat even began to feel irritated.

But worse than the smell of the product was its effect on my skin, which I imagine was also due, at least in part, to the fragrance. About 2 minutes after application my skin began to sting a little, and then it became itchy. The stinging and itching persisted for more than 30 minutes, at which point I washed the creme off. I do have somewhat sensitive skin, but I don't usually have this sort of reaction to products unless I they are fairly acidic (e.g., AHA exfoliants), which a moisturiser should not be. Also, I currently use a 2% salicylic acid toner which does not cause me any irritation at all. Anyone with even slightly sensitive skin should be very wary of this creme. I also agree with other reviewers that this leaves a greasy feel on the skin.

Don't know what EL were thinking putting such an overwhelming amount of an unnecessary ingredient in this moisturiser.

on 11/1/2013 2:40:00 PM

Hmm, I am really shocked about all the negative reviews of this cream. As it is the case with all Estee Lauder creams it is packed with antioxidants and antiaging ingredients and I actually really love the scent of all their creams, including this one. It does firm and works on small lines. Why I am not completely crazy about this cream is that I actually find that most of their creams are not rich enough for me except the Re-Nutriv line and the Revitalizing Supreme but it is a very nice cream that works well with their serums. From their ordinary moisturizers and I have tried all of them I find that Daywear is the best even though I am close to 40 (but have no lines thanks Lauder!). Now I do believe that the very best products EL has are their serums and they are truly amazing, next their eye treatments but I do find that they could work on their moisturizers to make them have a better texture, however, they do perform what they are supposed to and my mom loves this particular one. I do hate the smell of SPF in their day cream versions but then again perhaps this is why they came out with the Revitalizing Supreme with no SPF in it. EL does have some of the best creams on the market, some of the reviewers might have oily skin or are not the age group this product targets since women who need firming usually already has oil loss problems with their skin.

on 10/16/2013 4:06:00 AM

It balls up with all my serums

on 7/17/2013 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

wrong product for me, not for my age range :( but its too pricy so I will continue use it until it finishes.

It does moists the skin, smells ok but its a bit thick to use in summer. I had a lot of breakouts on my forehead a few months ago, I am not sure if they were caused by this product, but at least my forehead is recovered now even I continue using this ptoduct with less amount apply every time.

It is not recommanded for ladies age under 40, I guess.