July 24, 2014 | 1600 users online

Cleansers - Simple - Foaming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by stargirl114

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been obsessed with foaming cleansers lately and this one is amazing. It doesn't have a scent which is a preference I have when it comes to facial products. It is very gentle since it is designed for sensitive skin. The cleanser doesn't strip my face of all of its moisture which is a problem I run into with most cleansers made for oily skin. Overall it is a good, basic cleanser. I don't think it is my HG face wash but it does the job. While I won't immediatly repurchase since I love to try new skincare, I can see myself coming back to it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2014 10:04:00 PM More reviews by cmsteele

I bought this because I was looking for something exactly as the bottle described- "simple." However, this stuff has left my skin a wreck!! It worked well for about a month, but out of nowhere my skin had an allergic reaction to it! My skin felt like it had been burnt, and I was left with several red, scaly patches all over my face. It has been a couple weeks and the patches are finally starting to calm down. I was almost embarrassed to leave the house because my face was such a wreck (thank god for makeup!!) I ended up dumping the rest of the bottle down the drain. Definitely not repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2014 2:32:00 AM More reviews by marijuanakills

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

At the start of using this product, my skin was clear and balanced. I started using this product because I ran out of Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser and was looking for something that was just as gentle for dry, sensitive skin but cleansed a little better. Simple products have a decent reputation and I had a fond memory of a generous free sample cleanser that I once received, so I ultimately opted to try this one. Upon first trial, the product foamed generously and satisfactorily. I didn't bother to use a preliminary makeup remover, in order to properly test this product's mettle. It did a crappy job of removing my eye makeup and actually seemed to almost set the day-old makeup to a most unusual state of permanence. That being said, the cleanser seems to rinse and leave my face clean while managing not to strip my skin. A follow up of my standard astringent application indicates that this cleanser actually cleans quite well without irritation or overdrying--at least so far. Waiting for any adverse reactions, but so far all is well. Aside from needing to use other products to remove my eye makeup, that is.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by FieryHairAndAttitude

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this cleanser, my skin is radiant. The only breakouts I've had since using this are due to my "monthly gift". My only complaint is that I wish it cleaned a little deeper.

EDIT: As I'm approaching the end of this bottle, I've noticed that it has developed a slight odor.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by indiebaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Been using this foaming wash for about 2 months. At first I wasn't too sure about it and thought maybe I had a sensitivity to it. This was maybe in the first two or three uses. After about a week there wasn't anymore related irritation or sensitivity. It didn't cause any acne and made my face feel clean. Performing miracles it did not, but it did do what I expected.

One thing I do really like about this foaming wash is that it becomes a rich lather when rubbed either on your hands or face. A lot of liquid to foam washes just don't do that and if anything feels like you need another pump. Instead I feel like while Simple's foaming wash is a bit on the expensive side, the pump you use really lasts, lathers and goes far enough that the bottle can last you a while.

I use this product about 1-3 times a week(there's other things I incorporate in my skin care routine), and it's not even half empty yet. I use about one pump for my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by NailsByLaura95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this product as before I was using there normal cleanser and it was a little bit too much like a moisturizer for my oily skin. This is more like a face wash but I like to use it like a hot cloth treatment and wash my face in this and remove everything with a hot face cloth. This is very easy to use and I feel more refreshed after using this then a creamy cleanser. This neither dries out my skin or moisturizes it, just cleans it up and makes me feel fresh and rejuvenated. I finish off by using the simple toner in my t zone and use the Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream and clean and clear oil free moisturizer to finish up.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by soylocita

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product claims to be "kind to skin" and on the back of the bottle it says the skin "will feel cleansed, refreshed and moisturized. Perfect even for sensitive skin." My skin is not sensitive; it can take pretty much anything I apply on it; it is normal/combination.

It is a liquid that turns into a foam/light mousse type of a consistency. One to one and half pumps is sufficient to wash my face. It contains pro-vitamin B5, glycerin, chamomile, and geranium, but "no harsh irritants that can upset your skin."

In summary, this is, without a doubt, the single most drying cleanser I have ever used. During the first the first week or so, it made my skin so dry that within a minute after I washed my face, it felt extremely tight, tingly, and slightly painful. After thinking about it some, I decided to continue using, so as not to be wasteful. Having used it for several weeks now, my skin no longer feels tingly or painfully dry after washing. It still feels very, very dry, though. It does clean my face well, but it also strips all natural oils.

While the bottle does not specify so, I think this may work well for people with very oily skin. I would not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 7:46:00 AM More reviews by Christinarhea

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First off I love the foamy lather. I use it as my evening cleanser and it does an awesome job of removing makeup. Afterwards when using my toner there is very very little traces of makeup left. Doesn't dry me out or make my skin more oily. Also love the fact that it effectively removes eye makeup without stinging. It's important for me to have a cleanser that removes all makeup. Looooove!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2014 3:30:00 AM More reviews by supasparkle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this cleanser, I have uber sensitive skin, everything breaks me out except simple and tbs aloe vera range! This product I use in the morning and its great, I dunno how effective it would be to remove makeup though, as I use the purifying cleanser and a muslin cloth for that.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by YasminSian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the best cleansers I've used, and I've tried many. Easy to use, doesn't sting or dry my skin out.
I plan to keep this in my daily routine