Simple Foaming Cleanser

3.6

Water, Potassium Cocoyl Glycinate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Panthenol, Geranium Oil, Roman Chamomile Oil, Citric Acid Disodium EDTA, Dipropylene Glycol, Methylisothiazolinone.

I love this cleanser! I agree with the review below me, I love this because it says exactly what its supposed to do which is cleanse skin removing impurities and makeup, nothing crazy or anything which is what I wanted. I also noticed that this cleanser works really well for cleansing my makeup brushes as well!

This cleanser has no fragrance so it doesnt irritate my skin at all. I hate fragrance in my skincare and its really hard to find fragrance free products these days.

I hope they keep making this! It is getting hard to find where I live!

Also I never have problems with this drying out my skin at all. I only use this at night to cleanse after removing makup. In the morning I use something like cetephil gentle cleanser.

Pros
-removes makeup
-no irritation
-non drying
-cleans
- no fragrance

cons
-hard to find in store

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm on my second bottle of this cleanser and I really love it. HG status, not because it does anything miraculous, but because it does what a cleanser needs to do and nothing else (this is becoming a rare feat for a cleanser these days, all of which seem so jam-packed with ridiculous garbage and BS marketing claims -- what good is a cleanser if it does everything except actually CLEANSE?!). It cleanses my skin with a gentle foam, rinses off in seconds (I really hate cleansers that take FOREVER to rinse off) and leaves my skin feeling simply clean.

Major advantage: because it is not fragranced, this is one of the only cleansers out there that is both clean-rinsing and non-irritating to my skin. I know there are a lot of cream cleansers that are designed for "sensitive skin," but my skin is both sensitive and oily, so I need something a little more hardcore that will really cut through the grease. This cleanser is perfect for that.

Major disadvantage: this cleanser can be very drying, ESPECIALLY around the eye area (so I'm careful to keep it away from there). What I like to do is emulsify my makeup with olive oil, then cleanse it all off with this cleanser -- it's powerful enough to take it all off in one pass!

I follow this up with a spritz of rosewater and then the Simple Replenishing Rich Moisturizer (currently on my fourth bottle of that, and I'm pretty sure that's also my HG). Gotta give credit to Simple brand for staying true to their philosophy -- they get it done without irritation. No frills cleansing, no frills moisture. If you have skin that is both oily and sensitive like mine, I highly recommend that you try this cleanser! For ~$7.00 USD (and returnable at most places anyway if you hate it) it's worth a shot. Will keep repurchasing!

I did enjoy this cleanser because of the foaming aspect, but it did dry out my skin and irritate it. The price was great for the amount you get, but not worth the irritation that it caused. Save your money, there are better cleansers out there.

PROS:
-Removes most of my makeup
-Easy foam dispenser and overall packaging

CONS:
-Too drying
-Broke me out
-Plant oils are fragrant and irritates skin slightly

I do not recommend this cleanser for dry skin. Oily skin might enjoy this.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like this better than the cream version because it does not irritate my skin and eyes. There is not specifically extraordinary about this product but it does the cleansing work very well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is not really a review, since I have never used this cleanser. I was in the market for a better cleanser however, and it seems Simple has reformulated both cleansers they sell/produce in the United States. I have added a photo of the updated ingredients list I found at a local Walmart here in the U.S. Hopefully this helps anyone. Also, I know it may be hard to see for some but I hope the new ingredients list shows clearly. It seems the 'oils' have been taken out and maybe some other ingredients, not sure.

Btw, it's annoying how they keep reformulating their products here in the U.S. and do not let consumers know about it or update the ingredients on their website.

This product is great for a gentle cleanse. My skin is oily mainly by the nose and t zone and I have sensitive skin. I've tried everything from Mary Kay to home made face masks and it seems like everything makes me break out... Except this! I have been using this facial cleanser for about two weeks and it makes my skin soft and feels so clean afterwards. Sorry, I can't tell if it takes make up off as it is I don't wear make up but it does clean my face well.

This WAS my HG facial cleanser for 2 years. So a few weeks ago I purchased another bottle. They have reformulated the product. It no longer takes off my eye make up and my skin is so dry. When I compare the old bottle to the new, the ingredients are different. The new has no flower oils like the old. Now I have to start a new search for a new facial wash.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

LOVED IT.

It cleaned everything off so gently. Didn't irritate my eyes and my skin was so soft!

Never again. Really irritated my skin. Burned and cause redness. I am usually able to tolerate the cheap cleansers like St Yves etc but this is one I will need the throw out. For those of you who want to take a chance, it's nice and foamy, the packaging is solid...looks like it took most of my makeup off. Cross our fingers on this one.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

All this product did was dry out my skin. I had it for less than 6 months and the bottle started to smell so I washed the outside. I later found out that the product was what was causing the foul smell so I just dumped it. Not sure what the shelf life is but it didn't last very long