October 1, 2014 | 1314 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Baby Daily Moisture Lotion Fragrance Free

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by AnythingVanilla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Fantastic stuff! Moisturizes, not greasy and fragrance free.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have been searching for a cheaper alternative to my Pop Beauty Face Magnet primer. I did a Google search and found several websites that mentioned using this as a face primer. I have SUPER allergy-prone skin, and have had really good luck with Aveeno Lotions in the past. I absolutely LOVE the adult version of the Daily Moisturizing Lotion. This is hypoallergic, non-comodagenic, fragrancy free, and formulated for sensitive skin, so I thought it was worth a shot. I felt a little silly buying baby lotion because I'm lacking a key component for buying baby lotion (ie a baby!) But I got over it and paid around $5.67 for a 8.0 tube. It also contains a moisturizer that keeps your face soft all day and lasts even after you take off your makeup.

To be honest, I was really skeptical that a baby lotion would really work as a face primer. But amazingly, it does. It works great in fact. You only need a TINY amount. Here's how I apply it: I squirt a small amount (I'm talking about less than a pea-sized amount) into my hand. Then I dip my fingertip into the lotion and apply it to my face. That is really all you need. If you use too much, it will cause liquid foundation to slide around and pill. But if you use the method I described above, you will have no problem whatsover. Since you need such a tiny amount, it absorbs very quickly. Also, the tube will last a really long time. It doesn't leave my face feeling greasy at all. I used this under my Makeup Forever Mat Velvet foundation. At first, I was a little concerned that it would make my foundation harder to apply. But it wasn't at all. In fact, my makeup glides on. This actually works better than a lot of the high-end primers I've tried.

My skin is very oily and extremely allergy prone. This doesn't irritate my skin at all. I've tried a couple of other cheap alternatives to primer (MOM and Monistat Anti-Chaffing Gel) and this works better than both of them. The MOM does work, but I was concerned about using it long term. The Monistat Anti-Chaffing Gel didn't keep me matte, control oil very well, and it made me itch. This lotion does a great job of controlling oil and keeps me matte all day. Even better my makeup lasts over 10 hours before it starts to disappear. Without primer, my makeup starts disappearing at about the 4 hour mark. By hour 5, I have huge patches of redness and bare skin showing through. Even with primers that work, I still only get about 6-7 hours of decent wear. When I use this as a primer, my makeup basically stays put until I take it off. Even in the areas where I am most oily (my nose and area around my nose)This has given me everything I am looking for in a primer. I have found my HG primer and will never use anything else. I'm not sure how this would work with dry or combination skin, but it works great for oily skin. As I said, this is specially formulated to be gentle and hypoallergenic. The tube lasts a really long time. I bought this in September, and it's still 3/4 full. Definitely a bargain.

EDIT 3/23/14
I don't recommend using this under oil-free foundation. It contains oil. Water based foundations and an oil based primer, simply don't mix. Since this product is hypoallergenic, and fragrance free, I assumed it was also fragrance free. But several days ago, I read the ingredients and realized it is NOT oil free. I couldn't figure out why my foundation always looked so thick and cakey. Some looked a lot worse than others, but it was definitely a problem. Earlier this week, I finally made the connection. I decided to go back to using my Iman Undercover Agent Oil Control Primer instead. It has made a huge difference. My makeup goes on much smoother. I knew I wasn't using too much foundation (I only use 3 pumps for my entire face) and that I wasn't using too much of this either. I use an amount about the size of a pencil eraser for my entire face. I'll bet this work great as a primer for someone with very dry skin. But for oily skin, not so much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This fragrance free lotion is formulated for babies, but it works just as well for adults with sensitive skin. The simple formula (there are only eleven ingredients total) contains 1.2% dimethicone plus soothing natural collodial oatmeal making this a stellar choice for anyone with delicate skin. Generally, I use this as a body lotion right after a bath or a shower. However, it's so gentle I sometimes use it on my face too. This lotion is also really affordable. I think I paid about $4.00; dollars for an 8oz tube at Walmart.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by missvox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the 8oz tube and slightly different from the one that comes in the 18oz. pump with same name, both having 1.2%Dimethicone(skin protectant). Beside the obvious price being different between the two, the ingredients lists is ordered differently too. Not sure if this is new. I found this in the CVS baby aisle when I was having a eczema flare up. Upon contact the dryness and itch from eczema was gone and lasts for a couple of hours and should reapplied. I needed a break from the cortisone ointments so my skin can heal and this was godsend, lifesaver--highly recommended by this life-long eczema sufferer. This in addition to good old oatmeal baths was a savour. It can be used on the face and body, comes with a inner seal and has no preservatives. Made in Canada.

Product Description from the Aveeno website:
Naturally nourishing, non-greasy formula protects delicate skin and moisturizes for 24 hours.
AVEENO® Baby Daily Moisture Lotion contains natural colloidal oatmeal blended with rich emollients that soothe and help protect your baby's delicate skin. The naturally nourishing, non-greasy formula absorbs quickly, moisturizes for a full 24 hours, contains no drying alcohols and won't clog pores. It’s formulated to be hypoallergenic, fragrance-free and gentle enough for daily use on baby's sensitive skin.