April 17, 2014 | 952 users online

Cleansers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Cleansing Treatment

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by elmiwalk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This smells fantastic, very spa like, but the cloth they provide from removal is not fab. I get much better results when I remove my makeup first, then use a very small amount of the cleanser on my face and neck. Any more than a bit of the cleanser and it is downright impossible to get off!!!! I have also used this as a moisture mask with good results, I just let it sit for half an hour or so while I watch tv. The container will last a very long time, as I only use it a couple times a week, and only a small amount, so I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Melloney

This is an real oil based in a balm type cleanser - very similar in concept to Eve Lom's cleanser. it's a thick gooey white paste that smells strongly like essential oils. ( Like the Tonic oil from Clarins type smell )
You need a about a dime sized amount for your entire face and neck . it is very thick and very very oily - more so than any other balm type cleanser I have ever used.
You are given a double sided cloth to use with this. One side is a flannel and the other is muslin.
You use the muslin to wipe off the oil cleanser and kind of exfoliate and you use the flannel side for a softer cleansing experience .... I guess. I did not find the flannel side of the cloth to be of great use.
The cloth is a bit of a pain to use and the 2 pieces are sewn together and they move about - which ever side you are trying to use on your face. A plain muslin cloth would be more effective and practical. This cloth just annoys me.

This is very very greasy - water slips off your face and the only way to remove the oil is with hot water on that cloth provided. I think sensitive skin types ( mine tends to be at times ) will find this too strong and hard to remove from their faces. It is harsher than the REN balm ,the Sublimage and the Eve Lom versions.
I still feel I need * something* else after to remove the oil - I am not happy with the residue that could be left ....whether it has argan oil in it or not.
The thick greasiness of the oil in the cleanser coupled with the weird cloth actually makes you * drag* your skin to remove makeup etc. No good.
This is cheaper but honestly - get the REN ,the Eve Lom or for a really exquisite experience - the Chanel Sublimage.
I will not be buying again .