October 30, 2014 | 1621 users online

Mascara - Make Up For Ever - Smoky Extravagant Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by ironicsymphonic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Looks like I'm not the only one who got this with this year's Sephora birthday gift. I don't hate it - it's not BAD - but I'm not terribly excited about it either. The weird shape of the brush doesn't do much for me. I mostly just use the skinny part at the tip. It gives good length, deep color and volume, but makes my lashes stick together and then they're hard to separate. I'll use up the tiny sample, but when it's gone, I'm not going to buy it. I've used way better.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2014 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Sarita88

I bought this at sephora before my birthday box thing and I regret it so much. As many other reviews said, I was unimpressed. It's an ok mascara but can definitely get better in the drugstore for way less. Will not buy again

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2014 1:12:00 AM More reviews by Sarabelle13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like many of the reviewers here, I got this as a birthday gift from Sephora. I want to start off by saying that Make Up For Ever is a brand that I have been trying so hard to like. I like their neat and professional packaging, their image, etc. But the products really are hit or miss. I have to call miss on their mascara(s). Awful, really, just bad. I don't know why they make the formulas so thick, but it just makes a clumpy mess of my long lashes, and weighs them down, ruining any curling I did beforehand. This mascara is also one of the hardest to take off. It sticks like glue and takes way too much time and effort to deal with. I wouldn't mind this so much if it was waterproof, but it isn't. The few good things about it are that the color is a true black, and that I didn't experience any smudging. The brush is a little odd, but its nice when trying to get corner areas of the eye. Overall, I wouldn't recommend it, it isn't worth the trouble, and you could find a much better (and less expensive) mascara at the drugstore.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2014 7:18:00 AM More reviews by Aritzia

How in the world does anyone like this brush? Impossible to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2014 9:08:00 AM More reviews by kzzylee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm surprised by some of the bad reviews - I really like this. I have sensitive eyes, and this mascara doesn't clump or flake. My lashes feel soft. It removes easily. It's very dark and lengthens well. I got it as a sample from Sephora and purchased the full-size afterward. Very pleased, and will keep using it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2014 12:17:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Got this as a birthday gift from Sephora this year. It makes my lashes look nice, but by the end of the day, I have mascara on my upper brow. It smudges. No thanks. And I can only get the wand to work on one eye. I can' apply mascara left-handed and because of the shape of the wand -- large on one end & tapered on the other -- I can't seem to make my lashes look even. Pass.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by laurenren

nothing special. drugstore brands work the same in my opinion, for a cheaper price. but i'll use up the birthday gift because I don't completely hate it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Got as a sample, and was unimpressed. I sort of like the brush, which is a bristle brush and kind of Christmas tree shaped. Picks up every lash and flares them out nicely. Can be a little tricky to get used to at first (I poked myself in the eye a few times and I'm not usually that deficient with mascara) but good brush overall.

However the formula is nothing special. Weak pigmentation means my lighter lashes looked more gray than black with this on. Also, it's very dry - which in turn makes it hard to build up. Lashes are lengthened a bit but does very little for volume or curl.

Lasts fine and washes off clean. But overall, this low-drama mascara is definitely not worth the price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2014 12:02:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

Didn't think I could hate a mascara more than UD perversion until I tried this one. Immediately left my long fine lashes weighed down, would not hold a curl, stuck all my lashes together so it looked like I had about 3 lashes per eye. Heavy, clumpy, also gets everywhere so wet. If you have long thick curly lashes this might be your mascara but for me this was just frustration in a tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2014 11:02:00 AM More reviews by phylalexan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I also got a sample of this product. I think it is much better than I expected. I like the cone shaped brush and it gives me some length fairly easily. I have trouble finding good mascaras due to my short straight lashes and I would go buy the full size of this product. It isn't perfect and I wish it was a little more black but I am going to buy the full size product and see how I like it.