September 20, 2014 | 1718 users online

Mascara - Make Up For Ever - Smoky Extravagant Mascara

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by shannon804

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I also go this in my birthday gift from Sephora, and while the formula is not bad, the brush is AWFUL. It's enormous on one end and teeny tiny on the other, which makes it really awkward to use. Adding to the frustration, a ton of product is always on the small end, so I always have to wipe it off on a tissue, which is a huge waste.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 11:36:00 AM More reviews by victorianhippie2

Also got as a free gift....i have really long, thick eyelashes (people always think they're fake), so basically no matter what mascara i use i always get the same effect. The plus for me it that it doesn't clump or smear after a few hours. I found this MUF mascara to hold up really well for me. I tried it after i ran out of my Beneifit "They're Real", which i LOVE....but the bottle doesn't seem to llst very long, matybe a month.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by sarahashleymac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I received a sample of this mascara in my birthday present from sephora, and while the actual formula of the mascara isn't bad, I absolutely hate the brush. The brush is massive and so awkward to use. Having one end be so big and one end so tiny makes it impossible to use properly. Once I maneuvered around the brush I was able to get the mascara on and the formula didn't flake or smudge and was a nice true black shade. But the effort that has to be put in to work around such an odd brush just isn't worth it. I definitely will not be purchasing the full sized product or even using the sample on a busy morning.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received this mascara (4ml size) as my Bday gift from Sephora, and this is one of my least liked mascaras ever. It is hard to apply, the shape of the brush is really uncomfortable to use and my main concern is: allergy. I never had any allergic reaction to any mascara except this one. After about 5 minutes after application, my eyes start to tear, feel itchy and I literaly keep blinking all the time, trying to stop tearing. This feeling goes away, only after I remove this mascara. I tried couple of times, the same reaction. This goes into garbage bin.
Even if I did not have allergic reaction - this mascara makes my lashes look very clumpy and ugly, like a spider web. It smudges after few hours in hot weather. Really hard to remove. My favorite mascara is Beneifit "They're Real".

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2014 3:43:00 AM More reviews by StarAstralis

*received as Bday present from Sephora

This is my first time trying a mascara from Makeup Forever. When it comes to mascaras, I usually stick with drugstore because of how often I use/buy. I also usually go for waterproof because regular formula usually weighs down my lashes.
This mascara really surprised me. The "christmas tree" shaped brush seemed like it would make a mess on my small eyes. Not the case! As per the instruction on the box, I used the round part of the brush to coat my lashes, and the tapered end to emphasis & separate. I thought this was going to make my lashes clump together, but it did separate my lashes!
Also, the formula has not flaked or smudged. It also held my curls.
So far, I'm liking this mascara! I have never paid $24 for a mascara, so I don't know if i'll actually purchase it when the sample size runs out...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 8:29:00 AM More reviews by tabloid

I usually look for mascara that is volumizing more than lengthening, and while this mascara does a very good job of lengthening my lashes, the volume is only so-so. What really sets this apart is that it does not smudge or flake, no matter what. I have dry-eye syndrome, which means that my eyes will suddenly water in an effort to compensate for the dryness, and even though this mascara isn't labelled waterproof, it might as well be. No more raccoon eyes, yay!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by Piroska23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Received this as a gift from Sephora.
This mascara does not flake which is what I've been looking for!
I love the look that it gives my eyelashes, definitely lengthens them.

I did not find that it clumps, however I only like to apply one layer of mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by IndustryKoda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I recieved this as my birthday gift from Sephora. I was very surprised by the formula and brush, which is a rarity for me. I am very picky when it comes to mascaras.
This brush can actually be as intended. The largest part did a wonderful job of grabbing my stubborn outer corner lashes while the thin end didn't overcoat the inner corner. I simply rotated the handle and it grabbed and coated evenly.
The formula is not too wet nor too dry; it stands nicely in the middle.
I would like to see a bristle style scraper inside the neck of the tube however; the thin part seems to collect too much mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by CPMUSTANG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like most people, I received this mascara as a birthday gift from Sephora. I have long lashes to start with so all I really use mascara for is to make my lashes pop a bit and to give me a nice finished look. The mascara is good: after three days in a row of use I haven't noticed any flaking or smudging. Application is pain with the giant brush and I did have some clumping. Its good enough to use up the free sample but I wouldn't purchase the full sized product.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by sameenelahi821

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I received a sample of this product with my Sephora birthday gift and I was totally disappointed. I had pretty high hopes for it, too. Unfortunately, this mascara is very liquidy and clumps easily. The brush is awkward to use, and while the directions say you're supposed to use the narrow tip for your lower lashes or "touch-ups" or something, the only way to get the thick side to the edge of your lashes is to switch hands. I'm not in the habit of doing that and the formula just isn't good enough for me to bother switching hands. Not only that, but it basically washes off with water. If it doesn't wash off with water, then it will inevitably smudge by the end of the day. I'm just glad I didn't pay money for this product. I'm honestly having a hard time thinking of one good thing about it. I guess the color is pretty black? Thoroughly disappointed.