April 21, 2014 | 1493 users online

Mascara - Make Up For Ever - Smoky Extravagant Mascara

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got it as part of my b-day gift, and I am impressed (based on this sample size at least).
The brush is a bit too big/thick, but it applies the product evenly.
I was shocked when I saw how much it lengthened my lashes and how feathery it made them! That never happens to me, usually I just get a bit of volume and darkening of my own lashes, but with this one - wowza!

I have never had a problem with my mascaras migrating or flaking, regardless if high and or low end, and this one was no exception. It lasted for 8+ hours until I washed it off and looked good until the end.

I wonder if the regular size is just as good?

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Eva32

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this as part of Sephora's Beauty Insider Birthday gift. I actually liked the shape of the wand, as I found it helpful coating all my lashes. It is quite bulky, and a tad awkward to use. I would have rated this higher, but unfortunately left me with smudge under my eyes after a couple hours. The formula is overall too wet..maybe it will work better after it dries out a bit, but I wouldn't count on it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by elizan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I too got this from Sephora in my birthday gift. The dramatically shaped wand works nicely and I liked the way the mascara looked on my upper lashes (I don't wear it on the bottom). But after only a few hours I had flakes and rings under my eyes. I have a really hard time finding mascara that doesn't do this. Currently Dior Iconic Waterproof works for me.

Won't buy this or even wear it again. In the trash it goes.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by belle2216

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I too got this as a birthday goodie from Sephora. I used it for the first time this morning and have to admit that I was taken aback at the sight of the wand. I hadnít read the reviews before using it, so I didnít know to expect such an oddly shaped brush. It ended up being a breeze to use (you just need to use a bit more care to ensure it doesnít touch your skin) The narrow end of the brush got right into the corners and made sure every lash got covered and the wide end made my outer lashes look a mile long and winged them out perfectly.

Iím not 100% sold on its suitability for my bottom lashes though. I love what it did to my top lashes, but my bottom lashes kind of ended up looking a bit weird. (theyíre poking straight out! LOL) Iím going to reserve judgment though, because the wand is odd and I may have just not have figured out the trick for bottom lashes yet.

All in all, I think that this might be stiff competition for my current HG mascara (Clinique High Impact). Iíll likely stick with whichever one is cheaper. LOL!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2014 3:53:00 AM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as the Sephora birthday freebie. I was not expecting to like this mascara as I ONLY wear waterproof mascara. I have very heavy/thick long eyelashes and normal mascara tends to make me look funny. This however is the most perfect little "normal" mascara! It's really the perfect shade of black, very dark and not tarry, therefore making your eyes look sultry without making them look smaller. There is also the right amount of formula in the tube-not like those mascara you open and seem dry...this one is full. If you are into beautiful mascara formulas, this one gets my vote for elegant/classy. Defines the lashes and looks pretty in a wispy but defined sort of way. I think this will be the first non-wp mascara I can actually use and like. Heck, why not 5 stars.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2014 10:07:00 PM More reviews by LilyLil

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If this came in waterproof it could be my HG. Only issue I have is that it flakes off into smudges under my eyes within just a couple of hours. Love the brush shape and its ability to grab the little inner lashes and amp up the outers. Will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by akneil

Edit: Ok I actually tried this again and I like it. It gives great volume and really good length, it's easy to layer which is important to me. Oddly, I don't like this on my bottom lashes.. it just didn't work out. Once you get used to the huge wand, it's actually a pretty great mascara. I still don't know if I would buy it, lets see how long this sample lasts me.

Original review:
Let me start by saying, if anyone has successfully applied this mascara without getting it all over your eyelids, YOU DESERVE A MEDAL. I am not even kidding, high freaken five.

The wand on this mascara is VERY large at the base and is cone shaped so it's skinnier at the tip. The large wand made it very very tricky to apply this without getting it everywhere.

I actually really like the formula and the wand would be great if it wasn't so darn huge.
I don't think I would ever pay full price for this though.. maybe..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

As with most other reviewers I got this with my birthday pack with the lipstick. Someone else below mentioned also getting an eyeliner, which I did not get, but anyway on to my review. I used this the other night to go out to dinner and was pretty impressed with it, not wowed, just impressed. I like the tiny part of the brush for the inner corner lashes and bottom lashes. It somewhat lengthened my lashes and a tiny bit of thickening but I still prefer my Hynose Drama for the wow look since the prices are close (both overpriced) and I love my Lancome, I will stick with it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by lucielalaland

I hated the wand on this mascara! It is thick on one end and narrow on the other and very awkward to use. Plus the formula irritated my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Lovemylena

I received a sample of this mascara at sephora for my birthday. I was turned off by the wand at first, but happy it wasn't a plastic wand. I received so many compliments that day, the mascara held up the entire day and made my lashes look amazing. I went out that weekend and bought the full size. I can't believe this made my new holy grail mascaras. ((Tears)) this was a total hit.