December 22, 2014 | 1532 users online

Mascara - Make Up For Ever - Smoky Extravagant Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by lylaura

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Received a mini from Sephora. Heard a lot of good things about MU Forever Brand, but this mascara was unimpressive.
Definitely not the mascara I would reach for a special occasion, or even a regular day unless I had no option. Making things worse, it stings my eyes which most mascaras don't.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by MyBeehive

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is not a great mascara. I actually like the original Smoky one but this brush is huge: you'd think this would deposit tons of color. It Doesn't. Lame formula that you have to build up for seriously like a minute to get any volume. Not much control either on account of the huge brush. Pass.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2014 9:27:00 AM More reviews by medarrah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Got this as a birthday perk from Sephora. This stuff. I have never had a mascara look this good on my eyelashes. The comb is exceptional; it is thick on one end and thin on the other perfect for doing the inner and outer eyelashes. This won't clump either. I'll definitely be buying the regular size once I finish this tube.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2014 11:19:00 AM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

MAMACITA. Where have you been all my life!? I got a deluxe sample of this in my recent Sephora order (it's part of their birthday gift for ladies) and am blown away. I hoard mascaras, and I try to give them all a decent shot by trying them out on their own, and over my HG Dior primer. This is amazing on it's own, and I think that speaks for true quality in a mascara. I curl my lashes, and within a few swipes, my lashes are thick, black, glossy, separated, lengthened, bulked up, defined, fluttery, fanned out...I could go on forever. It wears very well on its own. No melting, flaking or smudging.

I actually prefer this mascara over bare lashes VS. a primer.

Bravo, MUFE. Bravo.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Cestsibon

Right now this is my go-to mascara. I don't care to spend a lot on mascara since it does not last long. I try to use drug store brands and have found some pretty decent ones. This is better. This is the very first masacara which actually gets my long thin lashes to move upward and curl - at least least for the most part. It also gives some nice separation and thickness on first coat like a waterproof. I love this formula! The only downside is the squirrley brush design. Still, I'm reaching for this over Chanel Volume. My lashes have never looked better. The only reason why this is not a 5 is the brush design.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2014 6:25:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The formula for Smoky Lash Extravigant is great; I can't fault it. It has neat separation, it adds loads of length and gives me an amazing volume increase. I've not experienced flaking or smudging with it, plus it holds my curl all day and is easy to remove.

But whilst I don't have anything negative to say about the formula (which is the same as their regular Smoky mascara) I found that the shape of the brush is important to create the shape and definition to my lashes. This means that one eye on me always looks nicely fanned out, but I don't like flipping my wrist to do the other eye as I don't like the feeling of a lack of control, so my other eye rarely has the same level of definition on the inner third of my lashes.

So whilst I do think that this is a great mascara for those who can flIck their wrists during mascara application, I personly prefer their original Smoky mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by aenflex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Birthday gift from Sephora. Actually a very decent mascara. I don't care for the inverted flared brush, but the cream itself is good. It didn't clump, it added decent length to my lashes with minimal transfer.
I didn't fatten my lashes or thicken them, or make it appear as though I have more lashes than I really do, but I'm happy with the length and definition it gave along with the lack of clumps. Normally I use Lancome.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by genarod

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've gone to the moon and back from ds mascaras to he mascaras and back at the ds again.

I received this for the sephora bday gift and didn't open it for awhile actually. I had low expectations bc I'm not really familiar with mufe.

This mascara is AMAZING. It's sort of hard to review mascara IMO bc it's so individual what peoples lash needs are and what they look for in a mascara. I find mascara to be one of the most ymmv products there are.

Anyway my lashes are average length and thickness and just completely average in any way. This mascara makes my lashes TOUCH my brow bone. I'm blown away. Completely blown away

I have oily lids and I yawn a lot which makes my eyes leak and this mascara doesn't move on me even though it isn't wp-- also no spidery lashes ever. I personally LOVEE the huge wand.

I don't want to use anything else I love this mascara so so so so so much

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2014 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Glitter87

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not good for my oily skin - I had serious raccoon eyes in 4 hours :( glad that this was a free sample and I didn't have to pay for it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by carachristine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is my go-to, HG mascara. I also should mention the fact that I use the waterproof version of this- but I have used both... and I am obsessed. Its the only mascara that doesn't uncurl my lashes after I've curled them. It's weird but most mascaras will actually straighten my lashes which is so annoying! This doesn't, in fact I feel like it holds the curl while also volumizing and lengthening. I really love this mascara especially with eyeliner and eyeshadow, it really completes the look.