July 29, 2014 | 1757 users online

Mascara - Make Up For Ever - Smoky Extravagant Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Pantherbits

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm surprised at all of the negative reviews on this one. The first time I used it I was pretty happy with it. It doesn't volumize, but it did make my lashes look really long and actually gave them a slight curl. I used it again the next day with the same results. I really do like this mascara and the tear drop shaped brush isn't difficult for me to manage. I got it as a birthday sample and once it runs out I am probably going to buy a full size tube of it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by fihe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this mascara for free as a birthday gift from Sephora. I would never purchase a mascara from Sephora because I do not see the use in spending so much money on a product with such a short shelf life, and because there are many good drugstore options available.

Unfortunately, this product is really not worth the price; in fact, I don't like using mine even though it was free! Although it is a nice dark black color and provides good length, it is difficult to use. The brush is a very strange shape, and product builds up on the tip and has to be thoroughly wiped off before applying the mascara, or else it will get a huge mass of mascara on my lashes. Combing out my lashes with a spoolie is an absolute must with this mascara. I only wear it when I am not wearing eyeshadow, because it smears all over my eyelids and has to be cleaned up with a cotton swab soaked in eye makeup remover. If only the brush were the same size throughout (whether straight or curved) and not teardrop-shaped, it would be much easier to apply.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2014 4:54:00 AM More reviews by danielled65

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I do like it, it doesnt smudge or print under my eyes as long as I don't rub my eyes a whole lot and leaves my lashes nice & soft unlike some that leave them feeling hard and like crispy lol. Overall id say its maybe above the average drug store mascara, no real problems but just very average for the most part.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It lasts all day with no smudging, but it always comes out of the tube too thick and gives me spider lashes. There's always a blob on top of the applicator that I have to wipe off so I end up wasting a lot of it. It's a very thick formula, for people with sparse lashes I think it would be great, but for me I just end up looking like I'm wearing too much mascara, even when I use a light touch.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by SheillaShine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

If you love natural looking eyelashes, you will love this mascara. it will darken them, separate them well and curl them. Perfect for everyday wear. It won't really give you extra volume and lenght though. If you love dramatic ''falsies'' look you won't like it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Man, this is a shame for this brand. I loved the application, thickness, brush, and everything until I got to be under the sun, and I am not talking about 100 degree weather, just a sunny day in the 70s. The mascara literally melted on my lashes. It obstructed my view and my eyes were red till I washed it off. What a shame!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by CountessOfPerth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I had a deluxe sample of this mascara and was very excited to try it. When I did, I was a little underwhelmed.
First of all, this is a drier type of forumla - one I actually prefer, to that's a plus for me. However, I find that this mascara doesn't do THAT much for my lashes. I actually used it as a layering mascara.
This gets my lashes very, very black and adds moderate volume. The length factor is not there for me, though, which is why I used another mascara over it.
The brush is very large and cone shaped, so it actually works well at coating your lashes and I think it makes a pretty effect. It disperses just the right amount of product as well, which is refreshing; it seems a lot of mascaras need to be wiped off quite a bit before you can apply them.
This isn't a bad product by any means; it just doesn't give me the VAVOOM lashes that I desire (take into consideration that I also have very light, very short, very sparse lashes - this may work better for someone who is blessed with nice lashes!) and I don't think it's worth the money.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2014 8:17:00 PM More reviews by meipon

This mascara does not hold my curls at all.... It will make them go flat. However, it does lengthen my lashes but I dont think it volumizes them. Overall, I wouldn't repurchase it because its expensive for a mascara instead I can just go to the drugstore and get a maybelline mascara for better quality.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2014 3:56:00 AM More reviews by prettyinpinkgloss

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's free, the Sephora birthday gift, as you all know ! The brush is comical in size, way too big. The formula is nothing great, didn't impress me at all, average length, average definition and average volume. Most drug store mascaras are as good as this and better.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 9:17:00 PM More reviews by spooji

It's great at holding a curl and it's very black and makes my lashes look longer for sure. It also doesn't clump at all and the formula is more liquidy than dry, which I like very much! It doesn't smudge for a long time (for about 9 hours) and it's one of my top mascaras.