November 27, 2014 | 1475 users online

Mascara - Make Up For Ever - Smoky Extravagant Mascara

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2014 11:19:00 AM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

MAMACITA. Where have you been all my life!? I got a deluxe sample of this in my recent Sephora order (it's part of their birthday gift for ladies) and am blown away. I hoard mascaras, and I try to give them all a decent shot by trying them out on their own, and over my HG Dior primer. This is amazing on it's own, and I think that speaks for true quality in a mascara. I curl my lashes, and within a few swipes, my lashes are thick, black, glossy, separated, lengthened, bulked up, defined, fluttery, fanned out...I could go on forever. It wears very well on its own. No melting, flaking or smudging.

I actually prefer this mascara over bare lashes VS. a primer.

Bravo, MUFE. Bravo.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Cestsibon

Right now this is my go-to mascara. I don't care to spend a lot on mascara since it does not last long. I try to use drug store brands and have found some pretty decent ones. This is better. This is the very first masacara which actually gets my long thin lashes to move upward and curl - at least least for the most part. It also gives some nice separation and thickness on first coat like a waterproof. I love this formula! The only downside is the squirrley brush design. Still, I'm reaching for this over Chanel Volume. My lashes have never looked better. The only reason why this is not a 5 is the brush design.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2014 6:25:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The formula is great; it has nice separation, added length and an amazing volume increase. I've not experienced flaking or smudging, plus it holds my curl all day and is easy to remove.

But whilst I don't have anything negative to say about the formula (which is the same as their regular Smoky mascara) I found that the shape of the brush is important to create the shape and definition to my lashes. This means that one eye on me always looks nicely fanned out, but I don't like flipping my wrist to do the other eye as I don't like the feeling of a lack of control, so my other eye rarely has the same level of definition.

So this is a great mascara, but I prefer their original Smoky mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by aenflex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Birthday gift from Sephora. Actually a very decent mascara. I don't care for the inverted flared brush, but the cream itself is good. It didn't clump, it added decent length to my lashes with minimal transfer.
I didn't fatten my lashes or thicken them, or make it appear as though I have more lashes than I really do, but I'm happy with the length and definition it gave along with the lack of clumps. Normally I use Lancome.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by genarod

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've gone to the moon and back from ds mascaras to he mascaras and back at the ds again.

I received this for the sephora bday gift and didn't open it for awhile actually. I had low expectations bc I'm not really familiar with mufe.

This mascara is AMAZING. It's sort of hard to review mascara IMO bc it's so individual what peoples lash needs are and what they look for in a mascara. I find mascara to be one of the most ymmv products there are.

Anyway my lashes are average length and thickness and just completely average in any way. This mascara makes my lashes TOUCH my brow bone. I'm blown away. Completely blown away

I have oily lids and I yawn a lot which makes my eyes leak and this mascara doesn't move on me even though it isn't wp-- also no spidery lashes ever. I personally LOVEE the huge wand.

I don't want to use anything else I love this mascara so so so so so much

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2014 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Glitter87

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not good for my oily skin - I had serious raccoon eyes in 4 hours :( glad that this was a free sample and I didn't have to pay for it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by carachristine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is my go-to, HG mascara. I also should mention the fact that I use the waterproof version of this- but I have used both... and I am obsessed. Its the only mascara that doesn't uncurl my lashes after I've curled them. It's weird but most mascaras will actually straighten my lashes which is so annoying! This doesn't, in fact I feel like it holds the curl while also volumizing and lengthening. I really love this mascara especially with eyeliner and eyeshadow, it really completes the look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2014 10:22:00 PM More reviews by MES

Also received this as my birthday gift from Sephora. I'm not really a fan of the brush on this as a previous review said this tends to gob up on the end of the wand, more so than other mascaras. I have naturally large doe eyes, so the with the short brush I can't reach all my lashes in one stroke.

I do however like the formula of the mascara. It wears exceptionally well and does not flake or smudge. This adds a lot of volume and gives lashes a really full appearence. Another plus, this is unscented

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by jonie_k

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

awful! brush is the worst shape, makes the mascara glob. this is probably the worst mascara i have ever used.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2014 9:31:00 PM More reviews by reyna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Used sample and came straight to computer to write the 1 star review. If you want your lashes to look worse, buy this. Uncurled my lashes and couldn't even revive them with lash curler afterward. I love MUFE shadows, but they missed the mark with their mascara.