February 1, 2015 | 1092 users online

Mascara - Make Up For Ever - Smoky Extravagant Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2015 11:43:00 PM More reviews by newbri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Nothing curls my lashes like this mascara. Love the shape of the wand and the fact that it has a pointy end. Gives length, volume and curl. What more could a girl ask for?

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2015 9:18:00 PM More reviews by malinpho

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So after using the mini for a while, I would have to say that this mascara is ehhhh. I really like the fact that it looks pretty natural on my lashes, given that I don't put on a crap ton of coats. Buuuut, the formula *slightly* makes my eyes water, and I hate that. My eyes are kind of sensitive anyways, so it may not be that irritating to many other people. I also don't like this because it smudges easier than other mascaras. AND the wand is awkward. I understand the effect (well I think I do), which is to have the eyelashes on the outer part of the eye to be longer, hence the bigger bristles but it's just annoying when I want to apply the mascara. Like I said, it's ehhh so I'm not going to purchase the full size.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2015 3:06:00 PM More reviews by EleanorJ1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have quite large eyes so the brush is perfect for me, I find it gives me a lot of length and volume, plus it lasts all day on me with no flakes. Love it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2015 7:12:00 PM More reviews by larosedechanel

I have two tubes of Smoky Extravagant by Make Up For Ever Smoky in 1 Black (it's the only color available) & it's really one of the best I've ever used. It costs $24 & the travel or mini size tube is $12. The first time I wore it, I knew it would be my hg mascara. The volume, length, & curl it gave my lashes were so much better than most others I have & the volume is actually what made me love it as much as I do. The brush did seem like it was too big to use, but it just took getting used to. The end of the brush does collect a lot of product that clumped onto my lashes if I didn't wipe off the excess first. This mascara didn't smudge/smear or flake underneath my eyes. It's amazingly long-lasting. I recommend trying the $12 mini 0.16 oz if you're considering buying this!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2015 12:11:00 AM More reviews by FeeFee34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I guess I'm late to the Sephora birthday gift party, but I waited to use this mascara for a while before reviewing. I don't hate it--I use it very often, actually--but I would never purchase this and wouldn't be devastated if I lost this little free one. My main problem is that this can be renamed Smudgey Mcmoresmudge. I like that itís super black, lengthens, and makes my lashes much more noticeable. However, it clumps a wee bit and smudges a WHOLE LOT. I do apply several layers, so I only recommend this mascara if you plan on wearing just one layer or donít need it to last the whole day. Otherwise, I have to wipe off smudges every single day that I wear this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2015 9:04:00 PM More reviews by macabremakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Like everyone else, I got the mini-size of this as a birthday gift. Overall, I like the formula of this mascara since it doesn't flake on me as bad as so many other mascaras tend to do I don't know what it is about my eyes, but everything flakes, even mascaras that don't flake for other people). It made my lashes really nice and dark but I didn't notice much of a difference in length or volume. I have naturally very long lashes so lengthening volume isn't a priority for me. The problem I have with this mascara is the wand shape. It is tear-dropped shaped and the brush is pretty large next to my small eyes. That makes it difficult to get to the small lashes at my inner and outer corners without getting the mascara everywhere. Also the mascara tends to clump at the point of the wand due to it's shape. Once that clump found it's way into my lashes, it was hard to get it out and keep my lashes from clumping together. I have to really hyper scrap the excess product off of the wand and take more time doing it that other mascaras. The brush shape is a fail for me, especially for the price of the full-sized mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2015 1:43:00 PM More reviews by ccoburn

Same as everone else I got it at Sephora as my gift. I would not buy this particular one after its finished. The brush is my biggest problem, I try and wipe off as much of the mascara that collects on the nub end but no matter what I end up getting it on me anyways. Where the bristles are it's actually great with a the mix of wide and skinny areas. The formula is wet, and often transfers to my lid but I do not have any issues with it flaking off.I wont miss this when it's gone

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2015 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Nouveaulo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Give yourself some time with the weird brush! I thought I was not a fan of this mascara at first. The brush shape threw me when I first tried it. Like many, I got the sample from the sephora birthday gift. The first time I used it I felt it was awkward and threw it in a drawer for a week or so. Then I ran out of the other mascara I was using so I had to give this another try. So glad I did!! When you take your time getting used to the oddly shaped brush, you realize how great it really is! The fat end gives the perfect fanned out appearance, while the skinny end gets to all the tiny lashes. It lengthens tremendously, applies with zero clumps, and holds my curl amazingly! It wears great- no flaking, smearing, transferring. It removes easily. It does not make any lashes fall out as I experience with so many other mascaras. I have nothing bad to say! Sure its expensive, but I've been using high end mascaras for so long that I've sort of accepted that unfortunate aspect. I plan to repurchase when this mini tube is finished.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2015 6:53:00 PM More reviews by xotaehyung

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm pretty surprised by the negative reviews of this mascara. I will say that i have really curly and long lashes but this mascara emphasizes them so much! the formula isnt that wet more on the dry side I guess but it doesnt clump and most mascaras clump my lashes like crazy. It gives pretty good of volume and length with only 1-2 coats. It does transfer on my eyelids which is kind of annoying but nbd
I also haven't experienced any flaking like some of the reviewers have, all in all its a pretty good mascara :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2015 10:45:00 PM More reviews by asideofladies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Tested this out in a sample size. I like the brush, it's pretty good for adding curl, but otherwise there was nothing special about this mascara. Not worth the price tag.