November 29, 2014 | 1180 users online

Eye Shadow - Trish McEvoy - Eyeshadows

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2014 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Debe727

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought the package from HSN, & love the gel pen fine point eyeliner which dries unbudgable, eye shadow base(better than UD shadow insurance, creamier, lasts am to pm), 4 eye shadows are soft,2 neutrals, a soft whisper of a plum, beautiful small but highly pigmented with no dusting under the eyes and brown can be used as a liner. The cheek color is an excellent shade. The lip colors aren't long lasting, and I don't need the contouring duo. The undereye brightener doesn't gather in wrinkles nor dry out the eye area. Great way to try her collection without spending big bucks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by MelissaMH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Trish shadows are some of the best you'll find at any makeup counter. They come in a wide variety of colors, including matte and glaze, are lasting and exceptionally easy to blend. While other lines may offer more colors in larger pans, like Bobbi Brown, they lack in pigment. Once you've purchased a few compacts or even a planner, you'll appreciate the line's versatility. Plus, Trish has held onto her brand, as opposed to selling out to mega-brands like Loreal or Estee Lauder, allowing her to stick to her promise to do NO animal testing. MAC or Bobbi Brown cannot say the same, both owned by larger companies that DO animal testing, such as Estee Lauder.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2012 1:19:00 PM More reviews by GreenGables

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Putrid texture with terrible color pay off. These don't even come with a compact. They are meant to be set into a cheesy compact that you have to purchase from them for $15. Fortunately if you don't want to shell out that much for a 50 cent piece of plastic, they come in a clear plastic shell that can suffice as a compact on it's own...sort of. I really wanted to begin trying higher end eyeshadow brands, hoping to get better pigmentation but I didn't find it with these. Cover Girl makes better quality than this. Never again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Pambryant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased the refillable double-decker compact, and I love it. I purchased 2 eyeshadows in the store (the sales rep actually took me from one store into another and ended up exchanging the eyeshadow in a kit to get me the shade I wanted, which was out of stock!) and I'm purchasing more cheap on ebay.

I haven't worn the eyeshadows yet, except for the day I tried them on in the store, but I got some of a dark shade from a tester on the end of my thumb and under the nail by accident.

Later, while getting a manicure, I noticed it and the manicurist and I tried using water and then acetone to rub it off (my feet were in the pedicure spa). The eyeshadow just stayed and stayed! I finally tried using soap and water, but there was still a little left. I imagine this eyeshadow will stay on my lids as well as it did on my thumb!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2008 4:25:00 PM More reviews by rhyman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I cam back to Trish's line recently and I am very happy.
Her shadows are really pretty and there are a lot of colors and looks to choose from. I was getting bored with Bobbi Brown and feeling a little to over the top in Mac....so I am a Trish Girl again!

I already had a planner from many years ago, so I was pretty good to go and like being able to set up all my colors on a page for a particular mood/season/look.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2008 7:03:00 PM More reviews by BABYBLUEBMW

LOOOOVE them! Don't understand some of the reviews on here! Trish's shadows are soft, long lasting and very wearable! I loooooooove the colors and the way they fit in a planner. I just bought the ultimate planner to travel with and it is awesome!!!!!!
I really dislike MAC---they are the worst shadows I have ever used---I should clarify-they sure do last long, however, should only be used if you want to look like a clown!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2008 12:23:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticsaddict

I'm so disappointed with these eyeshadows! I was lured by a beautiful planner filled with a makeup page and four brushes; I think it's the "crystal planner" from Saks. I have Trish brushes, but never tried her makeup before. I cannot believe how poorly these shadows show up and how quickly they fade. I have been buying department store brands for years, and never experienced this before with any other brand (Chanel, Dior, Lorac, Stila...). I love the planner, however it's useless if I don't want to use TM makeup. I don't know if Saks accepts makeup returns, but I find these useless and hope I can at least exchange this for a fragrance or brushes (I do like Trish brushes).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2008 11:28:00 PM More reviews by amygirl3540

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

For the amount of money I have spent on TM eyeshadows, I would expect them to show up more. Maybe it seems like I spent more because I also bought a case and because the pan you purchase is super tiny!!! So, lippies off for price. I actually have decided to increase lippies from previous, b/c I am beginning to like the 2 colors I have. Anyway, the pan is a TINY square for $16...and I bought 2...which equals $32!!! Then I also got the little baby compact to put them in. I think I spent like 40 bucks. Maybe that's why I feel like my expectations have not been met.

Colors I have are: Pink Shimmer and Pewter. I have discovered that Pewter shows up MUCH better if I apply with the Laura Mercier Long Angled Brush...you can sort of pack it on and then do the windshield wiper motion with that brush and it looks nice. Still not as great when it comes to pigments in MAC colors, but whatever. I'm working with it.

I have not decided whether or not I will repurchase. I will probably stick with MAC and LM and other colors that give me more bang for my buck!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2008 9:38:00 PM More reviews by msroser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using Trish McEvoy since 1996. I think that's close to when she started.

I can't use other brands' eyeshadows now. The Trish eyeshadows are deeply pigmented and they really stay on. They blend beautifully. I agree with a prior poster about the rip-off of reduced sizes for the same $ - however, the little squares do allow you to get more colors into a smaller planner page or compact. It's been worth it for me.

I also use the definer shadows with "Finish Line" (or water) to create a liquid liner look.

These shadows stay put all day. I have never had an issue with creasing or smearing at all.

The Trish staff are all trained makeup artists. They will rarely sell you anything without sitting you down to do your face. This can be great if you have the time. They teach you the technique as they go. Typically, they'll do one eye while you watch in a handheld mirror. Then you do the second with their coaching. At this point I'd say I'm pretty much an expert.

I will buy Trish's eyeshadows as long as she makes them.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2007 11:38:00 PM More reviews by kajoyce1

I used Trish years ago, and was disappointed when I went in for a refill and discovered that they've reduced the quantity of product you get quite drastically. I blow though one of the eye shadows (using a Trish brush) much too fast. It's great stuff, though, which is why I keep buying it over and over. Wish I could find something that I likes as much for a lower cost.

I apply three shades at 7 am each morning, and it still looks absolutely perfect when I wash it off before bedtime. I'm totally hooked. The shades are super blendable and easy to layer. They never crease, and look freshly applied all day.