September 1, 2014 | 1861 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - Mariah Carey - Dreams

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2014 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Rasingirl7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the first perfume i've ever had to actually wash off because i couldn't stand it on my wrists. Yuck!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

This smells like pineapple soda. Dreams is an extremely sweet candy fruity gourmand scent. I think the heavy caramel and synthetic vanilla make the apple note so sweet it is almost unrecognizable. It's definitely more like green apple candy than a true apple. I don't get any anise or patchouli, for those who dislike such notes. There is a similarity to JS Fancy but I much prefer Fancy. It smells more warm and caramelized whereas Dreams is extremely sharp to my nose and almost too sweet. I am a lover of Fantasy, Fancy, TM Angel, Prada Candy, etc. so I definitely appreciate tooth-achingly sweet scents but this one is just too syrupy and artificial. I want to like it but the initial spray is unbearable. It's ultimately like a poor quality Prada Candy mixed with Fancy and splashed with jello mix. This was a blind buy encouraged by all the reviews that hail this as a delicious caramel fragrance. Personally, I'll stick with Fancy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So Iím shopping the cosmetics aisle of a drugstore talking to the Beauty Advisor, and she suggests Mariah Careyís Dreams perfume. The Beauty Advisor goes on enthusiastically telling me how much she adores the fragrance of this perfume and how it makes her feel. Out comes the bottle for a spritz.
What a lovely bottle! I love the curvature, reminding me of perhaps a champagne flute. The topper, typical of Mariah and her fascination with these diurnal insects, is of three translucent butterflies, designed to appear as if they are fluttering about the top of the bottle. The name, Dreams, is embossed in the glass with a miniature butterfly at the base.
The bottle is far more elegant than the juice inside. The bottle is the selling point of Dreams. Other than the butterflies made of plastic, which I understand in todayís marketing, the bottle is quite pretty. The target audience probably couldnít afford what the company would charge for a topper made of real glass butterflies that would have taken away the cheesy look. But weíre not talking vintage Lalique here either. Whatís inside is no more than common sweet and warm caramel-vanilla body spray. Simply put.
Frankly, it seems more like a body spray than an Eau de Parfum. Itís lasting power is minimal and its projection is no more than a skin scent for me. Nose to the bone on this one and Iíve been wearing it off and on for over a week. This is a light, gentle scent that can be seasonless, depending on the age group wearing it.
Caramel is the star of this fragrance and keeps its place throughout the run of the perfume. The almonds lend a salty flair to the caramel, keeping it less sweet for the first 30 minutes or so until the vanilla kicks in ever so lightly to make Dreams a sweeter experience. A very light, very gentle musk underlies Dreams so innocently you hardly know itís there. Patchouli is listed also, and if youíre worried about it, donít be. I couldnít even smell it. After about an hour, its time to re-spray.
If you put your nose to your skin and inhale deeply, you can experience a definite Wertherís candy shop experience. Maybe Dreams is a good name for this one because its really hard for me to experience this frag during my waking hours.
Itís a safe bet for much younger women and those entering the fragrance world as a gift. Itís just unobtrusive, uncontrary, so subtle and simple. Definitely not a winter frag, a perfume like this would be consumed by the elements. I can see it worn in warmer weather to bring out its simplicity.
Thank goodness it can be found at deep discount outlets for much less than retail prices, since projection and longevity are kept at minimum standards. Itís not a perfume worth paying full price for by any means.
Its only saving grace is the bottle and thatís only if you like butterflies for your collection.
Dreams will make a good spritzer for bed-time use since you wonít be awake long enough to appreciate how little it really lasts on your skin. Spraying it on linens or scarves may make it last longer.
Top Notes: Bergamot, Salted Caramel Apple, Star Anise, Roasted Almond.
Middle Notes: Freesia, Honeysuckle, Lily-Of-The-Valley.
Base Notes: Tonka Bean, Madagascan Vanilla, Patchouli, Musk.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by ham1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I saw this in a tester, so I sprayed some as I was leaving the store. The scent smelled soo good and lasted. As the previous reviewer stated, it was similar to Vera Wang Princes. I felt it was a bit stronger with better lasting power. I smelled the sweet caramel, but it was definitely a grown up version of that type of scent. I never purchased this, but if I had the funds, I would. Again, this was the smell from the tester I sprayed myself with, but I would go out and buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2013 7:22:00 AM More reviews by ShellyMum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Green

Top notes: bergamot, salty caramelized apple, toasted almond, star anise
Heart: honeysuckle, freesia, lily of the valley
Base: musk, patchouli, tonka bean, vanilla
I added the notes first because it was the notes that inspired me to buy this unsniffed (big risk, I know). The salted caramel had me intrigued and I couldn't resist. It is actually a pretty good fragrance. It has good sillage and lasting power on my skin, which is a huge plus for me. I get very disappointed spending money on a fragrance, only to have it disappear within an hour. I do smell the salted caramel part, which is very well done and different. This is a sweet (and a little salty) interesting scent. However, it did remind me slightly of Vera Wang Princess. Although the florals came out on me a bit more in Dreams. They both have a similar dry down, in my opinion. If you like Princess or Prada Candy, I would certainly recommend you try it.