September 1, 2014 | 979 users online

Masks - Boots - Botanics Shine Away Ionic Clay Mask

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A simple ingredient clay mask consisting of water, ocean clay and willow bark extract. It is a of a watery consistency so shake it well before applying. I leave it on for 15 minutes and it does not irritate my combination skin. Rinses off easily with having to scrub the skin. I don't really notice any type of scent with this, so I am not sure why the previous reviewer states that it smells like rotting potatoes.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Biioniic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this! Leaves my face nice and matte, when I apply BB cream it looks so dewy and perfect! Only reason I'm giving it 4* is because the consistency is watery...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2013 5:17:00 AM More reviews by mujipencilcase

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this clay mask, it applies smoothly, glides onto the skin and comes off the skin without rubbing it off. I like how it dries up on the skin to form a dry mask but it does have a funny smell which I didn't noticed until my sister told me. The reason why I didn't know is because I use another clay mask specifically for my nose which has a blackberry scent. The smell doesn't bother me but it would be nice if it smelt more pleasant. It smells of rotting potatoes if you were wondering. I paid around £5 which gives you 100g, which I don't feel is a lot for the amount I paid. It comes in a small squeezy bottle which is convenient compared to my previous mask whereby it was in a pot and half way through the product dried up so I prefer this packaging.. You will have to shake it before use otherwise it comes out like water. The ingredients in the product meet my criteria deep cleanses my pores and also treats my skin so it is perfect for me and it is all natural without parabens. I will definitely repurchase one in the future as right now I have a already opened bottle which I have neglected since I bought this one. Oh, on some occasions it irritates my skin but once washed off, my skin is back to normal, it doesn't always happen but there is a possibility. I usually wear it for more than the 10 minutes and leave it on for 30 mins. It washes off to leaves my skin feeling clearer, but I don't feel it makes any instant difference to my spots or brightens my complexion. If I use it twice a week, there might me more noticeable changes. Overall, I like it and will continue to use it.

Update: 10/06/14

I have decided not to use it anymore, I am on my second bottle now so less than 5 mins witht the mask on; it stings so much I want to wash it off. I don't know why but since using the second bottle I have these experiences.